Why does all other capeshit pale in comparison to this? Why do capeshit movies released today all look like bland...

Why does all other capeshit pale in comparison to this? Why do capeshit movies released today all look like bland, forgettable dogshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wes8IR-yGrU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrUa-IOf_8
youtube.com/watch?v=X8E0JnwUhqU
youtu.be/QEZBhL5lpqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You grew out of it.

whys she wearing that jap dress?

Yet I can watch the Sam Raimi films over and over and still be just as entertained.

Seriously fuck off with this trilogy, both Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst can't act.
The 3 movies are a nightmare to watch because of this, seriously MAGUIRE LITTERALY HAS ONLY ONE FACIAL EXPRESSION and it can convey only one thing : MEDIOCRITY.
How is it possible to enjoy this fucking trilogy?

Raimi absolutely oozes personality as a filmmaker, all these new assembly line directors are basically big bidget wage slaves not artists. They're starting to have a few good ones with Gunn on GotG and Black Panther has a lot of potential with Coogler imo but i feel like Raimi's Spider-Man will always be the best because of how honest it is about what the material is.

>In 2016 Maguire revealed the grueling tactics Raimi employed in order to get the most out of the cast for the trilogy. Such tactics included shouting various expletives, mostly racially charged, at maguires co-star Kirsten Dunst with a bullhorn as well as drawing mustaches on holocaust victim photos and taping them in various hidden places of her trailer, the most shocking of which was at the bottom of a toilet. When questioned about the stunt he simply stated "I named him Ali Shaheeb Muhammad." Other techniques in his arsenal were making J.K. Simmons snort copious amounts of chili powder to "bring out the 'spic lick taco talk rage' from within him" in the first movie. Maguire arguably suffered the worst of Raimi's wrath as he was forced to kick a rusty nail about 3 times a day in order to ensure tetanus so he was able to develop an intense jaw that "couldn't possibly occur naturally in his little twink fag body naturally. This broke his back which was coincidentally already part of the script in the second movie. Raimi still made Maguire fall off the building a couple of times to ensure the shots looked authentic as possible despite a medical professional and a rather unecessary 9/11 witness claiming it was already authentic the first time. Raimi proceeded to order a pair of discs over to the group, both of which were copies of the first movie's untreated unmastered director's cut which featured approximately 36 hours of footage, 34 of which were of spider-man trying and mercilessly failing to help on the September 11th terrorist attacks on New York City. Much of this footage was of spider-man running, jumping, and attempting to save jumpers by their genitals. The film cuts to the second half of theatrical cut only after Spidey trampolines on a penis-shaped web on Ground Zero. Raimi claims this is to symbolize how "the gays are destroying america. Did you not see that skinny little cumbucket suckboy we cast?" Maguire wishes to work with Raimi again in the future.

Unbreakable is better than spider-man 2

>tfw the only capeshit i'm looking forward to is the spiderman 3.1 edit by raimi himself

Reminder that guy was probably killed by the pole

Based Raimi

It was a different time.

Because she works in a chinese restaurant in the movie

>MAGUIRE LITTERALY HAS ONLY ONE FACIAL EXPRESSION
>Trillion of reaction images made with this character
>Only one facial expression

I dont think so honey.

WHEN THE FUCK IS 3.1 BEING RELEASED?
PEOPLE SAID IT LEAKED ALREADY GOD DAMN FUCKING KIKE GAY NIGGERS

Raimi is a fucking genius. And I guess it had to do with the fact that it was made when there were only a few other superhero movies, Batman and Superman and maybe something else, so Spiderman was obviously going to be new and fresh in the right hands since it has a different tone and there was nothing around really to copy or take direct inspiration from. And because he was really passionate about comic books so you can tell he really wanted to make THE best Spiderman movie.
Maybe it had to do with the fact that they were willing to take a risk and didn't have a "formula" for a superhero movie so they let the guy have more creative freedom rather than manufacturing the movie to have specific amounts of tried and tested stuff that the audiences seem to like.

And I guess we are also biased because of all the Sup Forums scenes that wouldn't be made today.
>P-P-Peter he... he was white
>uncle Ben... he looked italian
>th-thank you P-Peter
>*ben looks straight into the camera*
>*dies smiling*

I wouldn't known what movie it was but for the file name.

Because the film was made at a time where certain aesthetic looks hadn't become synonymous with franchises. No matter how well or badly made a Marvel or DC film is they always look like Marvel and DC films. Even Deadpool which wasn't made with the MCU in mind had this same aesthetic. All Marvel movies are lesser versions of Iron Man and all DC of Dark Knight. That's why I kind of liked Logan, it had it's own style and looked like a real movie and not something that was part of a Universe. Just wish it had a better soundtrack and it would be a legitimate classic of the genre.

Spider-man in some ways was the first and last big budget capeshit film and not expansion pack.

>spiderman 1&2 were actually really good
>spiderman 3 was shit, but forgivable because it was the last of a great series
>every other super hero movie that followed is capeshit that panders to reddit humour
Really makes you think. We need Raimi to save us again.

Looks like a Power Rangers episode.

Jesus Christ

What was his fucking problem? How did he even stay in the business? Is it because he is Judaic? I would never have guessed this guy made Oz.

Seriously? Are you telling me that long look of loss and longing on her face when Peter stops a Camry from smashing through a Kosher Deli didn't break your heart?

Wait, is this a still from that leaked clip where Raimi grabs her tits while screaming that Maguire is a 'cuck'?

Chinks, Nips, and best Korea are honorary whites, obviously

It was the editors cut on amazon. It stayed up for a day or so then got taken down. Rumor has it they are going to include it in a blu-ray re-release.

t. Never seen a power rangers episode

Gunn has some experience with B-movies from Troma Studios. Sam Raimi had the same sort of thing with Dino De Laurentiis. He even played around back then with his "Darkman" movie.

Because when they don't they get a 26% rating on RT

It was a different time.

>alakazam, alakazoo, get outta my dimension you ugly jigaboo
What did Marvel mean by this?

Kirsten Dunst was so hot in that chink dress

You forget how fun the violence was in the first film. That final fight mang.

Spiderman 1 hasn't held up imo. But 2 is still great.

Because these movies have heart whereas (especially the MCU) capeshit today is a product for making money made with as little effort as possible.

When they started making serious capeshit in 1978 with Donner's Superman, the people working on these movies had a goal of making a fun, at least decent movie that you could rewatch several times. Then the studios found out they made lots of money and decided to shift their focus entirely to that as their main goal.

This actually make same lot of sense. I always that scene with Parker ranting about the 'dancing israelis' felt... off somehow.

>We need Raimi to save us again.
Raimi is a passable director. Spiderman was only good because they gave a better than average director a big budget and creative freedom to make a superhero film. He made a simple movie which was an underdog story and a love story with family drama. Simple as that. Something like this just won't be allowed today. Some of the directors working on capeshit are legitimately better that Raimi, they'd just never be allowed to make a movie with such a simple story and limited scope.

They act just fine. I don't know what your problem is. Besides, all of the movies have even better actors in them to compensate for whatever shortcomings you perceive.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

>Some of the directors working on capeshit

Like who?

Turns out the simplicity was the movies' strength. We don't need a minimum of 6 costumed characters and 15 different plotlines going on at the same time.

Frankly Id say SM1 and Xmen 1 are really really underrated these days. Once you start comparing them with modern capeshit, they are practically citizen kane,

because CGI

Edgar Wright and Shane Black. Not too many but still don't you think they'd have done better with some freedom to make a good standalone film.
That and actually having a villain that had personal motivations against the hero. Not just generic bad guys that want to end the world or even the universe. That's one thing I liked about GotG 2. They actually tried to have the villain interact with the hero. Of course GotG 2 couldn't really let this play out naturally and needed to make everything "epic" true to marvel style and that lessened the impact.

Xmen is and always has been fucking trash.

Nah, X-men movies were kids movies made for kids and teenagers. And as such they work well. Now you have kids movies made for "adults" which come across as stupid and condescending.

Movies that are better
Blade
Iron Man 1+3,
AntMan
Dr Strange
Captain PortoRico WinterSoldier

I had a good kek at that one

youtube.com/watch?v=Wes8IR-yGrU

Get me literally anytime

Is that actually Tobey in the suit?

X-men movies went for 17 years and all those kids grew up.

Xmen 1 is still more competent than all the MCU.

I ll go ahead and claim that even X3 is more interesting and enjoyable than all the MCU

Hard to say. If he wasn't doing any particularly crazy stunts it likely was.
Also the scene where she gets upset at him for not wanting to accept the 20 dollars for his birthday. It's such a real moment you don't see in capeshit now and it's done so well. Rosemary Harris is an incredible actress in these movies.

There is just noting like the performances and characters in these movies. as much as people shit on 3 it still has a lot of the same stuff

Because they're part of your childhood

All super hero movies are owned by/licensed by large conglomerates.

Every executive wants them to be super PC and inclusive and want to get their bits into the film.

tl;dr Too many cooks.

If you want a successful super hero movie just take a comic that's critically loved by the comic book community and then make a faithful adaptation.

>I ll go ahead and claim that even X3 is more interesting and enjoyable than all the MCU

You just went full potato right there.

True.
They actually hold up though. I can watch Raimi's spiderman and still enjoy it, but the first power rangers movie is a cringefest and that's as much a part of my childhood as spiderman was. It's not the same.

Can we end the meme that the Raimi movies were actually good?

>awful cgi
>awful realization of villains (ock was OK, but just ok)
>hero spends the entire trilogy bumbling or crying
>ugly leading lady
>web glands in wrists

I get that most people on this board are probably of the age that they saw them as kids and are tinged with nostalgia, but they fail as Spiderman movies on almost every level.

imagine some unlucky bastard has only the blue layered shitty nolan/snyder superhero movies to nostalgia about

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrUa-IOf_8

I miss meaty action scenes that weren't just CGI particle effects all over the place. Also a final confrontation that goes beyond mashing fists into one another.

I thought they were okay as kids, really letdown with Venom, but I thought Gwen was so much hotter than MJ.
I liked The Amazing Spider-Man movies but that's not a very popular opinion.
I felt Garfield's Spider-Man was more spot on with the cockiness and jokes.
Not looking forward to Holland Spider-Man.

3 get

Not many capeshit flicks have the balls to kill half the cast.

X3 is Injustice comic tier in Happenings.

They really thought it was going to be the last movie and said Fuck it, we are destroying everything

>Why does all other capeshit pale in comparison to this? Why do capeshit movies released today all look like bland, forgettable dogshit?

Because they are made with magic, not with love

There are good superhero movies today though

>awful realization of villains
Literally the most memorable and well-realized villains out of any cape-shit I can remember. I still have many scenes involving those villains stitched into my head. I watched Doctor Strange two weeks ago and I've already forgotten who the hell the baddies were in that movie.

This is why capeshit today is so dull and forgettable... The villains are always half-assed and their plan is always to destroy the entire universe/world.

Just off the top of my head:
Wonder Woman - destroying the world through war
GoTG 2 - total control of the entire universe
Doctor Strange - destroying the world?

I guess that's why Logan has stood out more for me despite the fact that the villains in that movie were shitty as well... because the story was more intimate and personal and small-scale.

>awful cgi
Well concealed most of the time

Gonna need an explanation for that one

>hero spends the entire trilogy bumbling or crying

He cries twice in the first movie, doesn't cry at all in the second movie (I think), and maybe thrice in the third movie. Other than that he's a nice, likable guy who's always down on his luck and struggling to manage his extremely busy and hectic double life. He's supposed to bumble a lot. That doesn't make it a bad thing.

>Ugly leading lady

You're a fag

>web glands in wrists

Explain what's wrong with that without "muh web shooters."

>awful CGI
Nope, the CGI was top notch for its time. You cant blame a movie for not updating its graphics as the technology progresses 15 years later. Literally meme criticism akin to MUH GRAPHICS on videogames.

>web glands in wrists
Mechanical shooters raise more questions than answers. Its as unrealistic and retarded as organic. And again, its a meme discussion that has nothing to do with the quality of a film.

Literally everyone was great but Venom. Even Venom is still much better than grand part of the MCU villains

>ugly leading lady
your opinion. A gay opinion btw.

Doc Ock was literally the greatest capeshit villain ever, believable motive for his villainy and a great actor on top.

3/10 bait. Try harder.

The first Iron Man already surpassed it.

Nice outfit did your husband did it for you?

and Iron Giant is better then Unbreakable

Because it knew what it was and didn't try to be anything more

It had the right amount of camp.

I think that's a big part of it. Raimi has this wierd sense of humour that can be very corny at times, but it fit these movies.

Actually that's not true at all. Watch the scene where Uncle Ben dies and tell me that's nothing more than a kid's movie. It's real shit. It's heartbreaking stuff.

Kids movies are not exempt from strong emotional moments. Look at The Lion King

From Raimi's script notes:

>mary jane enters the scene, dressed like daddy's good little china slut

Remember to stay woke folks

Goblin was memorable but that was 100% on Dafoe. He could have taken that performance and suit to any other similar movie and been memorable. Doesnt' change the fact he was a shit version of the original character. Doc was good because Molina played him so unexpectedly low key you couldn't help but feel for him. I believe it was this choice that makes 2 the best if the trilogy. I couldn't tell you a single line or what his plan was though. I remember nothing of the villains in 3 beyond they were barely in it and we were left with Emo Pete.

The lion king is about cartoon lions. In Spiderman it's actual people. Uncle Ben is lying on the ground with a blood stain on his shirt from the gunshot wound. Peter holds his hand, Ben tries to tell him something really important, but dies before he can get it out. It's so real the way they did it. That's above and beyond kid's movie shit.

I think spiderman and iron man too are good because they didn't have a "winning formula" to settle into and just had to be good movies regardless of the superhero stuff

The Dark Knight Rises is garbage

>Iron Man
>TDKR
Nah, they are good but not that good.

Also missing Hulk 2003, Blade X2, Batman 1989

Dunno about the "original" version, but the Latin American Dub makes the film GOD TIER.

Those "cheesy" scenes you complaining about ( the bridge scene, tobey's acting skills) get unnoticed on the dub.

10/10 film actually.

Because you were a kid or a teenager when you watched them.

>it's not like muh comics

Literally not even close to an argument

>couldn't tell you a single line

Has it been years since you saw them or were you not paying attention?

>the original character.
The what my friend? This is a movie loosely based on some shitty picture books for kids.

What do you mean with "the original character"? The original one from your comic books? But this is a movie my friend!

It was the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8E0JnwUhqU

3/10. Tired meme retort.

WRONG!

>and a rather unecessary 9/11 witness claiming it was already authentic the first time

All those movies are bad though, and belong in the bad category

>why do I nostalgia over bad movies I watched as a kid/teenager?!
>because you were a kid or a teenager
>TIRED MEME RETORT!

Epic.

I'm 55. Nothing has been worse for the movie industry than all this PC garbage being shoved down our throats.

and they say that a hero can save us, i'm not going stay here and wait. i'll hold onto the wings of an eagle, watch as they all fly away.

Calm down lads. I'm sorry I insulted your shitty adaptation of a shitty kids picture book. I know your Mum used to leave it on for you to watch while she was visiting her husband in jail and they're special to you.

I can't stop lauughing

i am not sure, but i completely agree with you. these are the best superhero films to date.

All you bitching about cgi, let this be a daily reminder
youtu.be/QEZBhL5lpqg

2/10. Consecutive use of tired meme retort.
And there's our proof that you were baiting the whole time.