Somebody please explain to me why the FUCK every damn movie nowadays is 2.5+ hours?

Somebody please explain to me why the FUCK every damn movie nowadays is 2.5+ hours?

>2.5+ hours
>posts a capekino less than 2.5 hours

hmmmmmmm

Wish me luck. I'm going to marathon Wonder Woman tonight.

Most KINOS are of 2h40min at least

>2 h and 21 min
almost all of that is kino

People are fatter and lazier so they are more content with sitting on their ass for several hours just staring at a screen.

They can't into editing

They used to be far longer. Never seen Ben-Hur, faggot?

>2.5 hours
hmmm

>Long movies are bad

Kill yourself you fucking mongoloid.

>having ADHD
The longer the film, the better. Unless it's a cheap action or horror flick

Sup Forums's "every incredibly long movie is kino by default" meme was taken seriously in holywood

>capekino
kys

Because you only watch blockbuster trash

>unnecessary padding is good
We've already got enough tv shows

if a movie cant tell a good story in 90 minutes its probably not a good movie

if you're gonna go out to see a movie that takes up your whole night. Imagine living somewhere remote and driving somewhere to see a 70 minute movie.

Going to the movies should be an event.

>people actually spend 2 hours of their life watching a genocidal jewess play pretend as 'wonder woman'
hahaha like fucking pottery

I fucking hate movies this long though because it means by the end of it my bladder is bursting, so I either have to pass on the drink+snacks or just hope I can hold it.

I wouldn't drive 70 minutes to see a fucking movie no matter what it is. The only event at the movies these days is the mass shootings.

2 hours and 21 minutes isn't 2.5 hrs though.

because they need to able shove a origin story, some other plot about saving the world and a way to tie into the cinematic story into 1 movie.
sadly no capeshit has done this right besides Spider-Man and Batman Begins

>Going to the movies should be an event.
thats just romanticizing by the ((()))s

what you got instead
>traveling far away to the theatre
>standing in line
>other viewer blocking your view with his big fucking head
>viewers disturbing you to watch the movie by crunching food, slurping drinks, laughing hard, talking phone
>to loud sound
>can't eat what you want, only the fucking overpriced popcorn and soda
>instead of just going to sleep, you have to travel back home. if lucky, you won't get mugged in the way home.

it means you go to the bathroom at a slower part

I don't wanna have to like dress up for an event I mean when I go out to the movies usually it's on my day off so I've spent the day lounging around and probably masturbated a few times then when I go out I just change my jeans but keep everything else the same

>wahhhh! I am a low IQ Amerifat audience with severe ADHD and I can't handle something under 3 hours! Wahhhh! Capeshit save me!

Are you stupid right in the picture it says it's 2.21 hours

>I wouldn't drive 70 minutes to see a fucking movie
Reading comprehension, user.

That's still too long. All Capeshit (and sub-genres thereof) should be 90 minutes to 2 hours MAX.

Cos.... YOU GOTSTA BUILD WORLDS, bro. There's gotta be threads leading to 6 other movies within your movie.

Plus, I suspect that due to ticket expense these days most studios feel that their films should be an "event"/"commitment" and as such they feel like it ought to be long.

No, a good movie in itself is an event. If I wanted to sit for an inordinate amount of time I'd do it in the comfort of my own home

I live 20-40 minutes away from every movie theater in the area. So that's an hour driving roundtrip, 2 to 2.5 hour film, WW had 23 minutes of ads before it started and some extra time was spent getting early to have seats. We spent 4 hours out of the house to see some shitty film, longer with getting something to eat. The whole day felt wasted because I was so tired and lazy afterwords.

Oh wow, you had to spend a few hours outside of your house to see a movie? That's like, North Korean conditions right there.

the movie being shitty is the fear. but worst case scenario you had a good meal and at least you're not left out of the cultural conversation...

Same thing happened with me for Alien: Covenant. That was complete waste of time, really.

>complains about movies being longer than 2.5 hours
>posts a 2.35 hours movie as an example

I'm just saying that the idea that a movie needs to be "an event" really falls apart when it's mediocre and there are so many other options for entertainment. That "event" was really just wasting my day off, and enough people thinking that is what hurts the business.

Yeah Lord of the Rings sucked ass, right?

So you honestly just sound like a prissy sack of boring. It is only mediocre because you said so. Doesn't mean you can't still make it an event.

yes

Not true. Very few films can justify such length. There are some, but most movies over 2 hours are overlong.

Didn't find pic related to have any unnecessary filler, in fact I was surprised that it was nearly 2 and a half hours since it flew by. Besides, at least 10 minutes is credits.

Holy shit, more importantly why is a fucking female superhero movies over 90 minutes long?

As many people have said in this thread there are a whole host of reasons for why "blockbusters" are so long these days. Undoubtedly the financial pre-planning for future franchisement makes this the case. I can't imagine anyone but the studios are happy with the lengths of these movies at this point, because they'll wholly unjustified as purely cinematic experiences, they feel bloated and overlong and once you've seen one closing act "super fight" you've seen them all, they're usually the least interesting part of the film. They're just the endpoint of the formula which every studio uses.

There's something definitely to be said about the construction of a tight, 90 minute film, which I feel is a lost art at this point.

Of course I'm not wholly adverse to longer films, I watched A Bride for Rip Van Winkle and Happy Hour this week which are 3 and 5 hours respectively and neither one of them felt like they could have been any shorter. Their length was purely in service of the film.

That is the disconnect. Most "blockbusters" length doesn't feel necessary. It's mass production.

Literally why does it matter that she is female?