Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone

>Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.

Yay... Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke. Thanks fuckers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJKDaIUYt6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We did it Sup Forums!

I also can't wait for my proper editing and narrative.

Stay mad.

Nothing changes, mark my words.

Watch the Ultimate Edition then.

>Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke
You don't want the DCEU movies to be like the actual DC comics? Who am I kidding Sup Forums doesn't read comics

I can't wait for it to come out and STILL be savaged by critics

>pandering to mainstream memegeeks prevails again
Looks like DCAU is the only bastion of integrity left.

>death and destruction raining down from the heavens
>heroes quip
>just hanging out
>heroes quip

>death and destruction raining down from the heavens
>heroes dont quip
>just hanging out
>heroes quip

Wow that was hard

>implying that will fix all the problems
>implying it will fix even half the problems
>implying it will put the color back in the movie

I can't wait for it to fix the completely disheveled Luthor who pisses in jars and relies on letters that don't even get delivered on time

Everything not disney is getting destroyed by critics
What's that about

Luthor in BVS is a new character
unless you say that him and his briefly appering comic counterpart are the same person and there is no right or wrong

>If Batman & Robin was released today it would get 110% score on RT

We never wanted "quips and everything being a joke". All we wanted was for the films to stop being so fucking dry. I want to have some fun dammit. It can be a bit darker and have a deeper message but I came here for Batman and Superman, not fucking Schindler's List. Not to mention that the tone was the least of the films problems. The movie had serious issues with the script, and even with the numerous cuts to the film, it still felt an hour too long. Why the fuck did they introduce Doomsday in the last 10 minutes? Why not have Lex kick Superman's ass if you wanted to kill him so bad? Why the fuck did they turn Batman into the fucking Punisher? Why was Superman such a mopey dick all the time? There is so much wrong with this film more than just the tone. Goddammit I hate this fucking film.

>Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.
Did he quit the movie then?

Maybe Justice won't suck now, unlike Batman vs Superman.

Not sure what you're getting at
I'm not saying the movies are good
and i haven't seen most of the movies i'm talking about
But it seems either disney is godly and only makes hits while everyone else makes dogshit
or something fishy is going on
based soley on reviews i've seen popping up

Remember that BvS was also in response to backlash from MoS.

The real bad part is that Snyder is terrible with "fun and jokes"

He will just make Batman's prison rape scene look funny.

I honestly can't tell if your tears will make me like this movie or not.

Script is definitely shit, but maybe they'll get a better editor this time and keep more of the execs out of the kitchen.

Fucking this.
I almost feel like Snyder is going to make a parody of the Avengers just out of spite. Some of the details do point at that.

>Implying that Batgod fanboys would be able to forgive that mess of a movie even if it was released today.

>Implying that any of the people here trying to make another company wars thread actually understands why the MCU movies, TDK trilogy, Deadpool or XMen: DOFP wefe succesful

>JK Simmons will do le batman rape joker meme
I want it.

>MoS would be a superior film if Zod & Supes exchanged quips in between the destruction

But they did though.

>WHERE DID YOU TRAIN? ON A FARM?!?!

>Implying Batgod fanboys would matter in the midst of B&R being the highest grossing normie chow.

>implying implications

>870 million
>not succesful
jew please go

>move is no longer a grimdark mess
OH NO

OH FUCK

DC fans are fucking dumb lmao

this is what the market wants, and it so happens that the cape lowest common denominator are marvelcucks that love their quips, one liners, and snark. Going against what the market wants has consequences and the backlash is evident of this. You would be a fool to think that they wouldn't adapt to what the market wants.

I blame Whedon for this shit.

Yeah, because that's why half of the fucking MCU is considered mediocre at best while everyone praised Deadpool, right? Captain America was the only consistently praised series in the entire MCU.

subhuman nonwhite underage Sup Forumsedditor detected

But RT says that the MCU is objectively good.

great response man, really made an excellent point there friendo

>I blame Whedon for this shit.
So do I and I actually like Marvel movies.

there was jokes and quips in fucking iron man you got damned retard

>I actually like Marvel movies.
My condolences.

Yeah, but everyone was in character. Whedon threw the whole "every character is a quick witted jack ass with the same sense of humor" thing into over drive.

>Muh super heroes need to be dark and brooding

Can't believe it took me until now to realize this is the worst community.

>muh superheroes need to have no stakes and no tension

>Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke. Thanks fuckers

I don't if i have to laugh or cry.
Like the other user said, fuck Whedon, Leterier was a better choice.
Also, Phase one was good.

>Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.
I'm both pissed, and tickled pink.

I'm pissed that they're not sticking to their damn guns, and instead of artistic integrity they are angling it more towards the crap marvel is starting to produce for money, but I'm laughing my ass off that the cracks in DC's little movie universe are becoming more evident

I want both companies to crash and burn at this point, Marvel's tanking in books, so DC is more than welcome to bomb in theaters.

>Everything not disney is getting destroyed by critics
>What's that about

Everything not Disney is bad.

>Leterier was a better choice.
this

>Flash spamming bad jokes is a new thing to the DC world
Are you out of your mind? The only worrying news (and this is major) we got today was that Steppenwolf is the main villain, when he can barely support a regular arc by himself.

Heh, at this point I am so sick of Marvel fanboys I am willing to sacrifice DC so the bubble will finally burst

870 million is a lot of money, but bear in mind that this was Batman and Superman in the same movie. Literal biggest possible draw ever that DC can conceivably have. It should have made double or triple that. Everything after BvS is going to make less than it because you can't top Batman and Superman in the same movie for the first time ever. That's why it's considered a failure; it made a lot of money, but it was expected to make absurd money.

Except the Nolan trilogy?

>people expecting hype for the new batman league movie.
fuck that shit

Are people completely unable to flip from one extreme to another? Do no one do thing by degrees in order to fine tune their writing?

>The real bad part is that Snyder is terrible with "fun and jokes"
He's not very good with "serious and dramatic" either.

I disagree.

All I want is a smile from Superman.

Just ONE smile,a real genuine smile full of warmth. That's all. That's all I ask. Was it so hard to give that to me?

>Thanks fuckers.
You're welcome. Now take the next step and kill yourself.

>what is the closing shot of MoS
kill yourself

>flip from one extreme to another?
Oh fuck off. Having a slightly lighter tone (which they've said would be the case all along) and having a character like the Flash make some quips is not a fucking extreme.

The problem is that BvS went right back to dour Supes. Part of what I loved about MoS was the ending, it was filled with hope for the future.....which was then promptly forgotten in BvS in favor of Supes and Batman having a contrived fight.

>defending SnyderVerse

Yeah except for the fact that Snyder is still directing, producing and wrote the base script, everything else should be GREAT!

lmao Incredible Hulk is the worst movie in the MCU and Leterier has literally never made a good movie in his life.

At least the first Avengers movie is decent.

>TIH
>MCU

Wasn't that only the number of combat casualties though, and not tonal complaints?

BvS seems to me like it should have been split into two films, with a lot of scene reshuffling, the actual BvS fight being the climax of the first movie, and Lex's scheme, Supes' death and WW being the climax of the second one. A bit more elaboration regarding changes (like actually telling the viewer Batman's only been active since MoS before Lex's rant in the final battle, amongst other things) and less crash cuts to different characters in different situations from what we last saw them in.

I liked the bizarre dreams and the like, and Batman was good as the angry as fuck wrecking ball/demon combo

I don't get what you're trying to say

Tony Stark has a cameo at the end and the events of the end of the movie are referenced in Avengers

this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=WJKDaIUYt6g

What did people complain about from MoS that resulted in BvS?

>"this movie has a plot and it makes sense"
>"it seemed like every few minutes there was an action scene, who wants story interrupted by action?!"
>"it was stupid to see zodd and superman fight because of their different opinions, a 3rd party should have motivated them"
>"lois did too much, she should be in the movie but her role should be superfluous"
>"not enough fake outs and dream sequences"
>"characters arent called by their name enough, should have moments where they are called by name more to remember them, like wtf is supermans moms name?"

The only backlash to MoS was a select group of fanboy autists.

MoS grossed DOUBLE what Returns did. It was for all intents and purposes a very successful reboot.

BvS made even more than MoS and even WB and DC admit it underperformed.

The issue with BvS wasn't tone, it was that it was written like shit, had to much crap packed into it while, paradoxically, feeling empty and underdeveloped. The writing is the issue, the tone has nothign to do with it snyder, you fucking piece of shit.

Too bad the "MUH FUN"fags are the ones who bitched the loudest.

I am still salty we will likely not get a proper "death of superman" live action movie in a long while now because this bastard is a hack.

>The issue with BvS wasn't tone
not the main issue but tone sure as hell was a big problem. no one wants to see a superman movie where he does nothing but frown and brood in the dark for 2.5 hours. why would you not want DC movies to be like the vast majority of DC comics?

This movie had DC's original trio and was out done in the box office by Iron Man 3.

Think about that.

>870 million
>250 mil production budget
>100-200 mil advertising
>studio only actually gets 50% of box office takings
a film with the 3 biggest, most well known superheroes of all time only made the studio a box office profit of 100-200 million

You have no one to "thank" but Snyder and WB. If they heard the fan backlash and thought the problem with the movie was the tone, then that is their stupidity.

Guardians of the Galaxy was a big time shit too

and Iron Man of course

marvel cinematic universe is trash but people who expect the dc one to be any better are delusional tardos

but the tone was a big problem with the movie, not the main problem but a pretty fucking big one.

Everything is going to follow the Disney Formula

>first act: the main character is cute and funny and quippy to make him "relatable". But at the end of the first arc something really bad happens
>second act: blablablabla the bad guy is winning blablablah
>third act: everything turns ok

Insert quips quips and more quips

>Why the fuck did they introduce Doomsday in the last 10 minutes?
He's a very simple villain. Just a rampaging monster. You don't need a lot of buildup for this kind of threat.
>Why not have Lex kick Superman's ass if you wanted to kill him so bad?
He's eccentric evil business man right now, mad scientist power armor luthor will have to wait for next time.
>Why the fuck did they turn Batman into the fucking Punisher?
The world was attacked by aliens and he personally saw the damage of two fighting aliens did. All of the chaos broke his mind, like how 9/11 broke a lot of people, and turned him into an overly paranoid wreck of a person who's madly lashing out at the wrong target. Superman was the focus of his 9/11 PTSD.
>Why was Superman such a mopey dick all the time?
People were worshiping him like a God, and others were saying that he's Satan and needs to GTFO of the United States. People, especially Batman and Luthor, kept pushing their own insecurities onto him and it tore him up inside.

THE ISLAND THAT THEY'RE FIGHTING ON DOESN'T HAVE PEOPLE ON IT IT'S SAFE OK AND YEAH MOST OF THE CITY IS EMPTY BECAUSE PEOPLE WENT HOME FROM WORK OR SOMETHING WHATEVER

>why would you not want DC movies to be like the vast majority of DC comics?
>I hate new stuff and new takes on old characters!
>I only want rehashes! Thank you based Geoff for making everything the same again!

stuff doesn't need to be 1:1 the same as the comics, but having the core of the characters be the same as the ones people have loved for 75 years isn't asking too much.

I can't believe they pissed away a fucking BATMAN AND SUPERMAN movie

good god

that's a pretty basic story setup

i don't buy it. the same backlash BvS had Man of Steel had and he promised the same things. I get that they're going to add jokes but Snyder cannot pull it off. He will literally kill the entire DCEU we will never know another good DC film again and Marvel will finish phase 6 by the time warner is done licking it's wounds and ready to try again.

Really can't wait for all the fanboys who said that DC was "so above jokes and is for serious people" to start backpedaling hard and trying to analyze all the jokes

Or, alternatively, we as a group can collectively realize that Snyder is a hack, stop sucking his imaginary dick and shouldn't be in this franchise ever again

Shouldn't you have found a nice girl and settled down by then? Do you still want to be worrying about comic book movies 10 years from now?

You're so fucking cool, do you have tumblr?

It is literally gonna be a Zack Snyder movie no matter what happens.
This shit was doomed from the beginning and you are a fool for being optimistic.

They made a good quip without diminishing the danger of the situation.

Sup Forums is ruining DC

Ironic...

That's not what he meant by "the fucking Punisher"

Now watch me quip
Now watch me maymay

It's okay to have jokes, MoS and BvS both had them and they worked well because they were used sparingly. Quips become a problem when they wear out their welcome like in the Avengers movies and Thor 2 where it's mainly just joke after joke after joke.

There were literally no problems with the film.

Muh secret club

would still be better then what we have been getting