Why does everyone like these things Sup Forums?

Why does everyone like these things Sup Forums?

Sex

Fuck, posted in the wrong place.

They're pseudo-cutesy, reference pop culture and are cheap enough (~$10) for the masses. It's basically easy collectibles for people who are into (or want to look like they're into) geek chic.

No one does. They're perfect gifts for people you don't know/like very well. I've yet to meet a person who has ever bought one for themselves

Yeah, I own two and they were both gifts. I never actively bought any and never will.

Because they license a lot of media franchises so there is something for everybody. I wish Funko also licensed obscure shows like Round the Twist though.

The crux of it is that theyre cheap, and they have alot of weird liscences for stuff that doesnt have any merch at all really.

also the only neat looking ones are non human or have helmets. I have two, Rocketeer, and Judge Dredd, no beady little eyes

You can put one on your desk and not worry about a coworker breaking it, because they're inexpensive.

there are like two good ones and the first one is DREDD!

This and because they look cool.

The first one I ever got was Dredd...
They didn't paint his badge.
Bugs me every time I see it.

How many of these things are in existence? There has to be at least a thousand, right?

they're cheap faux-nerd garbage, since there so cheap a person can buy a bunch of them and look like a nerd god.

the newer one have a lot more detail than the older one, but I still dont like them.

>1000
Yup. And there's like, 60 stars in the night sky.

I own one and it's Doomguy. I have my eyes on the Overwatch ones, though.

Hey OP I love to hot glue things my issue is I can only do it to one figure at a time.
As you can see that's an expensive hobby to have back in the day then these little buggers came along.

Personally I don't like them but I saw some Golden Girls ones and it's taken every amount of self control I have not to buy all four of them. I think that might be the appeal though, something you like gets an inexpensive collectable when it may not have them.
Although if they have a Fred and Lamont self control be damned I'm buying them

Cheaper crappier nendoroids

...I have several questions. First one being, is that a sex thing?

Just got this glow in the dark Swamp Thing.

Probably the coolest one I've ever seen.

How do you have sex with a Funko pop?

They are fun to collect
The Deathstroke is a limited one only 1,500 made

Because if you had any appreciation for good design and aesthetics you'd be filling your living space with stuff that was actually nice and not nerd tchotchkes

>a sex thing?
The act of cumming on an inanimate object?
Its self sex

I have 6 and I bought them all myself...
I don't go looking for them or anything.

Thank you for explaining it for him.
The worst part is I don't even like them it's just a condition I have where I can't stop doing it.
Worst comes to worst I'll sell the figs once I have too many.

Got two friends that have easily a hundred of these things

Most of the ones I've gotten are gifts

The ones I bought were

Goku
Cell
Voltron
Poe
Roger rabbit
Elizabeth
Dick dastardly
Muttly

It's new the 2010 version of Beanie Babies.

A fad that sweeps through and people buy them because people buy them.
Then some idiots start believing that since so many people want them, they'll be collectable.

I know idiots who keep them in their boxes. Or hell, even keep the boxes, as if cheap plastic and cardboard means something.

They'll never be worth fuck all. Just like Beanie Babies.
Every so often, fads take over. There's no "Why" about it.

Its ok.
I do it to my amiibos.