Hunger Games Actress Elizabeth Banks Calls Out Steven Spielberg for 'Sexist Casting'

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/06/15/elizabeth-banks-rips-steven-spielberg-never-made-movie-female-lead/

>Actor-director Elizabeth Banks “called out” legendary director Steven Spielberg in a speech at the Women in Film awards ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Wednesday, accusing Spielberg of never having cast a woman as a lead in a film in his decades-long career.

>In an acceptance speech, Banks — who directed and starred in the 2015 sequel to the cult hit Pitch Perfect — reportedly discussed the lack of female representation in Hollywood and specifically name-checked the 70-year-old three-time Oscar-winner, according to the Wrap.

>“I went to Indiana Jones and Jaws and every movie Steven Spielberg ever made, and by the way, he’s never made a movie with a female lead,” Banks charged. “Sorry, Steven. I don’t mean to call your ass out but it’s true.”

>While most of Spielberg’s films do appear to revolve around male leads, at least three have featured lead roles for women; his first film, 1974’s The Sugarland Express, which starred Goldie Hawn; 1985’s The Color Purple, which starred Oprah Winfrey and Whoopi Goldberg; and last year’s The BFG, which starred child actor Ruby Barnhill. An upcoming film about the Pentagon Papers is set to star Meryl Streep as Washington Post publisher Kay Graham.

>Spielberg has also produced several titles with leading roles for women, including 2009’s The Lovely Bones, starring Rachel Weisz, and 2005’s Memoirs of a Geisha.

>The Wrap reported that an audience member pointed out The Color Purple to Banks, but she moved on in her speech.

>Banks — who is set to direct an upcoming reboot of Charlie’s Angels — was feted at the Women in Film event by former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, for whom she had campaign during the 2016 race.

the only thing i learned here that i didn't basically already know is that spielberg directed the color purple
that's cool

My takeaway is if you want a long successful Hollywood career, try to confine women to support roles for the most part.

>blonde shiksa tries to shame mega jew

ya dun goofed

Yeah, she dead now.

>accusing Spielberg of never having cast a woman as a lead in a film in his decades-long career.
Thats not true. Wasn't Oprah th lead in the Color Purple?

>Calling out the mega-jew.
>Being factually incorrect about what you're calling him out on.
>Directing Charlies Angels.

This bitch must have a death wish.

How long until she's JUSTed?

Stupid goy bitch is finished.

Read the rest faggot

Why do they complain about men making stories featuring men? What exactly is wrong with that?

Why not point out that JK Rowling made her books with a male protagonist? Even Fantastic Beasts had a male lead.

Also
>"I don't mean to call you out"
>specifically calls him out by name on her tirade

THAT NAZI SLUT IS FINISHED!

>Spilbergo never cast a woman in a lead role and I'm mad about it!
>He did though
>'It was real in my mind'

Career over

Good. Vapid bitch is still shilling for Clinton too. Let them double down on all of their shortcomings.

Welcome to the Mel Gibson Club, Ms Banks, please have your seat.

"I'm forty and hitting the wall"

"Time to go mega-bitch!"

Rich privilege attacking rich privilege
Also, you're like a day late and a dubs short.

>I don’t mean to call your ass out but it’s true.
>heh...tough break, kid

women are the cancer ruining /irl/

Kathleen Kennedy co-produced all Spielberg's movies. She never produced a female led movie in her entire career. Worse she produced some sexist shit movies. But now that she got ahold of Lucasfilm ( a man made franchise", she's become a rabid feminist and every Star Wars movie has a female lead now.

>this comment again
fuck off