SPIDER MAN TRACKING LESS THAN WONDER WOMAN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE HOUSE OF MOUSE WAS ENDED?!?

deadline.com/2017/06/spider-man-homecoming-hoping-to-catch-opening-in-the-100m-vicinity-1202114641/

>EXCLUSIVE: Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming hit tracking today and is projected to have an opening between $90M-$108M when it opens on July 7.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-domestic-box-office-opening-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1202089623/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AND WONDER WOMAN IS STILL GOING TO MAKE BETWEEN 35 AND 37 MILLION THIS WEEK

yeah dude, a movie with spider-man and iron man won't do well

oh the humanity

Estimates are now up to 370M+ total (domestic). How?

First tracking for Wonder Woman was 65 million

That was months before it opened

this is weeks from release and unless all reviews say that this is fucking amazing better than raimi shit this is about right

>That was months

Nope
The very first PROJECTION (not tracking) was around 80 million. But Deadline's first report (like this one for Spider-Man) was 65 million, 3 weeks before release (like Spider-Man)

deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-domestic-box-office-opening-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-1202089623/

B-BUT...

Spider-bomb Spider-bomb
Should've stopped after Raimi was gone

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed how much money billion dollar studios make?

Another souless cashgrab micromanaged by a jew comitee.

Le upboat!

If BvS didn't underperform, Warner Brothers wouldn't have raped Suicide Squad.

>Spiderman staring a white male in 2017?
Very problematic
Hope it fails, fuck sony and marvel

holy shit...was he about to pee on her?

Either that or he moved to stand over her while still being in the shot.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

JUST

>THIS IS THE MCU MOVIE THAT IS GOING TO FLOP
>PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE MCU
>PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF SPIDER-MAN REBOOTS

Sup Forums will be wrong once again

i'd be worried if the MCU people had actually had any control over it, but no it's just Sony fucking up again

>Sony
>House Of Mouse

I am confused.

Sony has run the Spider-Man brand to the ground.
Remi and Toby return when?

This far out from release ww was tracking around 85m. DC is over

Man of JUST

This movie looks good, I think it will do better than 100m.

I'm not as excited for it as I should be due to the changes to Spidey, like, Tony "redesigning" his outfit and various changes to Pete's side characters. I'm going solely to see how Tom carries a movie, and to see Michael Keaton playing a villain.

Story wise they are on par. Literally the same formula.
I liked the action in wonder woman better, though. The slow-motion reminded me of Snyder a la 300, and not BvS.
Also WW has the better theme in the DCU

>Also WW has the better theme in the DCU
It's certainly memorable. My fucking 50 years old mother hums it all the time.

>Also WW has the better theme in the DCU
Metal and swords go hand in hand, but Superman's theme is mythic. A year ago everyone was hating on Wonder Woman's theme. Saying it was out of place. "DUDE GUITARS LMAO XD" I was one of the few who defended it. Does Wonder Woman's really make you feel anything? I like it but there's nothing grand about it. Even Batman's DUN DUN DUN DUN weeeeeoooh DUN DUN DUN theme had a villainous weight to it. WW's is just cool. Meh.

surprisingly good legs and weak competition

it will end up making more in the US than bvs/ss/mos but less internationally

NO ONE FUCKING WANTS ANOTHER SPIDER MAN

LOOKS LIKE A NEW PETER PARKER IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Autism

>it's 2025
>yet another Spider-man reboot
>Peter is a grade schooler

>is she with you better than ideal of hope

WW gets a free pass because of the vagina. Movie was boring as fuck, but no one wants to rate is low because they'd be ostracized.

good tom holland is shit. when will we get a spiderman that doesn't have to fake a shitty accent.

Tracking is usually within 20%, it has been a weak summer though. Spiderman will make more internationally than every DCEU movie bar BvS.

This. You can tell even Patty Jenkins doesn't like that theme but it had to be in the movie. It just emphasizes "hurr WW is a warrior" when she doesn't want that to be the most proeminent quality of Wonder Woman.

Just because it sticks doesn't mean it's good.

>Just because it sticks doesn't mean it's good.

It does, actually. There aren't many memorable capeshit themes now. The fact that the Wonder Woman theme is the only memorable theme in all of the MCU and DCEU is telling.

Why the revisionist history? Nobody called Man of Steel's theme unmemorable until this filler Wonder Woman movie came out. It's not as if nobody saw Cavill's Superman movies.

>Nobody called Man of Steel's theme unmemorable

No, because they didn't know it had a theme. I don't know it, normies don't know it. If you can't hum it on the street it isn't memorable

Sup Forumsedditors bringing their console war here

Sony's money is on the line here, not Disney's.

>if your throat can not copy an orchestra then the theme doesn't count
HAHAHHAHAHA enjoy that electric cello faggot

>HELP ME MAKE MONEY TONY
>Tony doesn't help

Why are Japs saving western culture while the mouse makes Spidey interbreed?

Disney owns merchandising rights for Spiderman, they're invested both financially with toy/licensing sales and with quality control because the fucking face of the MCU is essentially being advertised as a co-lead in this flick

Remember when Wonder Woman was going to flop too?

These threads are cancer

stop reminding me that the mcu literally ruined MvC

If the movie was just the cast in full costume in makeup being raped for real it probably would've been a better movie

I find it amazing that anime like Tiger and Bunny and BnHA do capeshit better than actual capeshit.

because you only read capeshit (marvel/DC) and shonenshit. Maybe your should read some real fucking comic books instead you child.

>implying non Big 2 comics are REAL superhero comics

YEAH I SURE LOVE INVINCIBLE

What happened?

I still have PURPLE LAMBORGHINI WUB WUB stuck in my head

>tfw pretty much the only non-sjw-propaganda female lead and actually one of the best new series published by numarvel is drawn by a jap

really activates your almonds
it's almost like they understand that girls look most appealing when they actually look like girls and not masculine bulldykes

>it took gotg 2 11 days to get 248 mil

rut roh

it wont get close to gotg2 domestic or international

Now you jinxed it

wow I was really hoping that this next installment of superhero screenwriter madlibs was going to make a real whole lot of money

>better than raimi shit
Alright way to give yourself away faggot

Besides the gameplay changes, the entire Marvel roster (save for a few) is all MCU related or about to receive a film release in the near future. No X-men, no Spidey. It's hilarious because Marvel entertainment is doing this stupid promotion bullshit when they got kicked out of Hollywood almost 2 years ago.

the movie isn't even close to out yet, how could we possibly know

no one's even freabkin seen the dang thing

>no one's even freabkin seen the dang thing
Test audiences are standard

DCfag here,

Spiderman will do better.

Marvel fan here,

I'm not a fag, and the new Spider-Man will "flop".
Bring Tobey back to the series.

and they've never been wrong before, huh

oh wait they're wrong pretty much just about, every, time

Huh

Marvelbro here,

I can't wait for more Chris Evans gifs that this movie will provide. I post his images without any arguments beyond greentexting and I am happy to keep that standard.

You know sony's won oscars for spider-man, right?

Because people don't want 3 reboots of the same shit in a decade. WHO KNEW

Sup Forums thinks it knows what audiences want. Money is just a tracking method to how many people went to see it. Sup Forums is almost always wrong in how popular something is, as Sup Forums is completely disconnected from the mass populace. Movies aren't made for us and people generally get mad about that all the time and it makes them feel more isolated and alone when a movie they wanted to fail makes a lot of money.

That said, I think spider-man will have over 135m opening weekend.

Now it's gonna happen for sure. Good job.

>People don't want 2 bad reboots of the same shit in a decade
Fixed. If the movie is actually good, people won't mind.
Also, Spidey 1 came out in 2002 and 3 came out in 2007.

WW was tracking at 65m.

>gadot
>surprisingly good legs
kek my dude

It keeps overperforming day after day. Literally tracking 370+ millions in the US at the moment, that's insane for something that Sup Forums deemed a flop ("no one will watch it, who cares about WW").

>le movies have to make money to be good meme
We were doing this shit on Dark Horizons and Ain't it Cool News in 1996

Man of Steel came out in 2013, if you account for inflation then it made much more in todays dollars.

These movies are made with the express intent of making money. So when they fail to do so they fail completely, since they didn't set out to do anything else. A film like the Nice Guys which was very well made but failed due to poor marketing can still be seen as a success in terms of film-making even if the commercial side was a failure. If a film like BvS or Spiderman fails, it does so because it's a complete failure.

People aren't flocking to see the 6th spiderman movie in 15 years, including the 2nd in 3 years? weird...

Shit its almost like people dont want to watch Spider-Mans origin story for the 3rd time in 15 years

You don't get it. Suicide Squad didn't have to be good or make box office. They just had to move product at Hot Topic.

People act like these comic book movies will "go away" like Westerns if a single one flops, but we've been acting like that since Batman and Robin rubbed it's nipples in our faces.

Is Wonder Woman actually considered a success? By blockbuster standards, it's been a nice little success considering its budget but it hasn't even broken 500 mil yet.

That cheesy King Kong movie made more than.

To be fair, SUPPOSEDLY, it's not an origin story.

>Is Wonder Woman actually considered a success?
Yeah, because it's overperforming.

That's what Civil War was for desu
He said he made his own stuff.
Tony gives him the suit
So we can assume we wont have a 5 minute scene of him using a sketch pad in his room and then figuring out how to use his web

And the marketing is basically here's Iron-man with his little friend who has spider-abilities. I have no idea why you would emasculate your biggest name like that.
Suicide Squad wasn't a commercial failure. It didn't do as well as expected but still did enough. A commercial failure is Passengers. If you think that a capemovie failing as hard as Passengers did won't change the landscape you're wrong.

i dont get how anyone thought it would flop WW is a household name

Why didn't you scream Hot Topic when Emo Joker came out in 2008? Since when did tattoos and cocaine = hot topic?

I guess I'm agreeing with you? Suicide Squad can make less than it costs to produce and market as a theatrical film, but the bluray/download/merch side, which is tracked in different cost centers for tax purposes, make movies look less successful than they actually are.

Mike Myers says he's still never seen the Austin Powers 1 rental numbers, but he suspects they were in the hundreds of millions.

>Transformers was supposed to destroy Wonder Woman
>destroys Spiderman instead
How will Marvelkeks ever recover?

A lot of people genuinely thought that people would not want to watch a female-led movie. Sup Forums does this kind of doublethink quite regularly. They'll say all people are racist and misogynist inside which is why we don't have female and black leads but when we do get one and they're successful it's the jews shaping society.

Not disagreeing. Nolan knew to make a weird "le edgy" Joker as early as 2006 (leaving calling cards).

I want another Raimi Spider-Man...

>"goth gangsta"
>not quintessentially hot topic

>Transformers was supposed to destroy Wonder Woman

Find me ONE source that says that.

Nobody gives a fuck about Transformers. Its been downhill since first one.
Wonder woman, in current year and during Trumps administration, was always going to be a hit box office wise.

>>destroys Spiderman instead

Except it won't.

Dont we all user

What is Goth about Suicide Squad?

Was talking about Leto's Joker.