Cerebus is returning, and he's in Hell?

>Cerebus, the 6000 page satirical epic that represents a high point of the use of the comic book medium to tell stories, that ran for three hundred issues from the seventies into the noughties, the peak of self-publishing success in the comic book form, and that was never going to return – is going to return. When we last saw Cerebus, old, unmourned and unloved, it was being dragged kicking and screaming into hell.
>Now we get to see what happened next. And not in some jokey Cerebus #301 metacommentary.
>This is Cerebus In Hell #0. By Dave Sim and friends, out in September from Aardvark-Vanaheim. And to be followed by a new four issue Cerebus In Hell series next year for the character’s 30th anniversary.
>Oh, and because this is Dave Sim, he’s ripping off a painting of hell by Hieronymus Bosch for the cover -and crediting him as well.

Cerebus In Hell #1
(W) Dave Sim (A) Dave Sim & Various (CA) Dave Sim, Hieronymus Bosch
The first new Cerebus comic since 2004! Where has Cerebus been since he died twelve years ago? Is he in hell? Purgatory? Limbo? Some strange 1980 disco with links to Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Henry Kissinger? Some ancient Greek disco with links to Plato, Socrates, Aristotle? Some 1990s disco with links to The Stone Roses, the Happy Mondays, and Oasis? Is he stuck inside his own Cerebus Online Disco Twitter-feed? Well, wherever he is, he deserves it, so feel free to laugh at his misfortune! This one shot leads into the Cerebus In Hell? 4-issue mini-series in 2017 celebrating Cerebus‘ 40th-anniversary!
Item Code: JUL161105
In Shops: 9/28/2016
Price: $4.00
bleedingcool.com/2016/06/22/cerebus-returns-in-september-with-a-new-series-in-2017-cerebus-in-hell-by-dave-sim-and-friends/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYZwfssm7lc
youtu.be/XJQayWYgxoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sup Forums doesn't care
Well, I for one am hyped.

was cerebus ever full storytimed on here? i cant remember if it was.

I haven't followed Cerebus in a long while

What level of madness is Sim at right now?

>was cerebus ever full storytimed on here? i cant remember if it was.
Last year I think? With some commentary.

Wasn't Cerebus' soul eaten by an evil darkness/light eater goddess?

Holy shit this is big

This is literally THE most unexpected comics announcement in history.

Can't wait for the crazy tbqh.

You didn't hear about Kirby returning from the grave to letter a Fourth World conclusion written by Chris Ware and drawn by Stjepan Šejić?

It ended in the 90s.

>Hellboy in Hell
>Godzilla in Hell
>Cerebus in Hell

Who's next

the spirit

Darwyn Cooke

i'm sorry

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

>What level of madness is Sim at right now?

He comes off like a goofy uncle that just learned how to use facetime in his weekly vlogs. He still has his beliefs, but understands that people see them as toxic and feels like it's best to keep it mostly to himself

Whoa

Don't forget Wolverine goes to Hell.

Welp. Time to reread Cerebus. I'm officially hype.

> Tfw no Gerhard
I'm curious who Sim will get to work on it. I know he's talked about his wrist/hand being fucked up and his drawing skill has diminished because of it

He'll probably just use a lot of collages and trace some shit, that's what's he been doing for awhile now

That cover makes a good case for Dave Sim having a mental illness.

You can expect Cerebus to meet pastiches of Hellboy and Godzilla while he's down there.

John Constantine in Hell.
Aka "Tuesday".

He can't set foot in Hell without ingniting a war for his soul between the Lords of Hell tho

>That cover makes a good case for Dave Sim having a mental illness.
The latter half of Cerebus wasn't enough proof for you?

We got people on Sup Forums constantly insisting that he's better now.

He's not.

Has he been ranting about women and religion after he finished Cerebus, where? I'm curious.

holy shit

and it was...glorious

There's nothing wrong with Dave, he has seen the light how women really are.

This. Based Dave will save us from mediocre trash

exactly. everything that Sim said about feminism in the 90s turned out true.

it's just that "Sim is crazy" is a meme spouted by casuals

Tell me more about how AIDS is a government conspiracy and my pet goldfish will bring about the downfall of human civilization, please.

user, you are a retard. I'm not going to waste my time on some memester

Dad and I were just talking about Dave and Cerebus today. How the comic industry won't touch him with a 50 yard stick, and speculating what level of crazy he may have achieved since ending Glamourpuss and preserving Cerebus through Kickstarter.

Funny how we discover half an hour later that we're all going to Hell. Can't wait to read it with my dad and love it, while everyone else on social media hates Dave for being misogynistic and problematic.

what do you love about Cerebus?

Plenty of peoplea still like Sim in the industry you doofus, IDW and him have a deal together

The paneling. The linework. The inking. The shading. The dialogue. The lettering. The Gerhard.

You know, comic book fundamentals.

As long as he keeps his politics in his pocket, I'm down for more Cerebus.

That's the visual aspect. What do you like about the literature aspect?

The high society, the church and the state, and the story of Jaka.

Pretty standard. I personally liked the after-math of church and state, when Cerebus climbs a high mountain / tower

>Tell me more about how AIDS is a government conspiracy

Did he write that in the 80's or the 90's?

The art is great to look at. Lettering and panelling are excellently done to bring out the most in scenes.

Very strong and solid continuity. Careful attention to the details and characterizations.

Dialogue is solid and it's fun to see and interpret what some characters represent. Lord Julius was a riot.

>cerebus in hell
He's in the center of the sun!!!! (Which is basically purgatory)

Great arguments man

You can still like Sim's work and agree he's a moron, you don't have to pretend that his literally insane opinions are valid just because he makes good comics.

>Lord Julius was a riot

I'm still impressed that Sim was able to create such convincing Groucho Marx lines.

calling someone insane, who predicted that feminist would censor art, and put their politics and agenda everywhere like 10+ years before happened is not insanity, it's the wisdom of gods.

and you don't have to agree with him, it's just that you will never be capable of arguing with him on intellectual level

Hell in the Cerebus universe is in the center of the Earth, where YHWH lives and plots against mankind.

And he also argues that AIDS is a government conspiracy and my pet goldfish will bring about the downfall of human civilization.

Please tell us more about what a genius visionary he is.

>implying it isn't.
still, the thing is, it's not what he said at all.
you sound like a person, who didn't read his essays, only opinions about them and is repeating the memes

Wait a minute, wasn't it confirmed that AIDS was created in laboratories?

Threadly reminder.

You sound like a person who doesn't read what Dave writes, considering that he admits to being diagnosed with schizophrenia and doesn't try to deny the diagnosis.

He's mentally ill and he knows it, though he chooses not to treat it.

Being schizophrenic does not mean that you are stupid, or that your opinions are "insane" only, because feminists don't like them. Had Sim said that Earth is flat, now that would be disturbing. He did say a lot of harsh words, but I wouldn't consider them insane, at least not the essays in Cerebus.

>Had Sim said that Earth is flat, now that would be disturbing.
How do you feel about Dave Sim's hollow Earth, with YHWH at the center trying to trick humanity down the female road of evil?

I think that it's metaphoric on the evil jews and women being a distraction from improvement. However, if I had to argue with Sim, I would certainly had to prepare myself, body and spirit, because it would be a very challenging discussion. He is an extremely well read person.

Feminists are mentally ill, there's nothing remotely mentally fine about their ideology.

Specifically third and fourth wave feminism.

>evil jews
Dave Sim loves the Jews. He considers himself a Jew, even as he prays to Jesus and praises Muhammad (his own religion that he created is a mixture of all three major Abrahamic faiths). You are now 100% confirmed for not reading Dave Sim's work, just reading memes *about* his work on Sup Forums.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your time as well.

That's why I said Evil Jews, instead Jews.
Jews are also capable of evil, however let's not forget that YHWH is a vengeful bastard that loves to cull humankind (kinda reminds me of that x-men villain). Still, if he is schizophrenic as you claim, that would make even more sense.

Anyone?

created by you to kill gays.

Gtg

Isn't he mainly limitted to cover work rather than writing? I'll admit that I haven't followed him much since Glamourpuss, and the occasional kickstarter support.

I'll have to reread the ending. Thought the sun was purgatory where only a few lucky ones escape by turning into a photon and flying beyond the edge of space

The sun might be where Purgatory is, but since this is called Cerebus in Hell, I'm assuming that he's not in the sun.

And here I thought I couldn't be this HYPED anymore

Hell, I KNOW this won't be as good as most of Cerebus was, but STILL I'm gonna follow this closely

Wow, I can't believe that 2004 was already twenty years ago.

>Dave Sim

Isn't this jerk an anti-Feminist though? Fuck off.

He's always been anti-feminist. You fuck off.

I dedicate this song to you
youtube.com/watch?v=YYZwfssm7lc

I think you're lost kid. Here let me help you out, >>/r/eddit

That's not quite accurate, the break didn't happen until after the divorce.

can't blame him. he did the right thing, though

But I don't need to request an eddit.

should be I goofed

Punisher in Hell
Batman in Hell
Bendis in Hell

Bendis? In Hell?

More like
Bendis in Sheol

>epic that represents a high point of the use of the comic book medium

Oh, we're still pretending Cerebus is good? Oh, okay, yay, woo, I'm so hyped!

Alan Moore's "From Hell In Hell"

I know, it's not as good as gwenpool, but still...
it's a classic

What's bad about Cerebus, the first half is among the best in comic book history.

That was unexpected

i dont know how to feel about that
like, on the one hand i agree that yeah sims veiws on women and society are toxic as all hell but at the same time it was those views that shaped Cerebus into the epic that it is

I mean I'm sure it will be in the comic, he just makes it a point to not appear publicly at cons and doesn't do book signings

I want a new Dave Sim comic like I want to see Frank Miller do another comic by himself without Azz or anyone "helping" the writing. I'd rather spend money on an incredibly talented and strongly opinionated creator than some safe garbage

That's a funny way to spell "Lord Jullius"

>The Sun is Purgatory

youtu.be/XJQayWYgxoo

Family Circus in aheche ee double hockey sticks

Bendis.

>And he also argues that AIDS is a government conspiracy

When did this happen?

cerebus in hell

soo god sends him to hell to stop cerin and astoria who have taken over and somehow made hell a worse place to be?

i'll probably read it.

it's something people in the late 80's early to mid 90's believe/believed because of soviet misinformation.

>Who's next