Captain Netherlands

>Captain Netherlands

That hurts, Marvel.

>tfw L I T E R A L L Y no superheroes from your country
>tfw your country rarely shows up in any fiction

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uO77D75ID50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only superpwered character from my area is Purple Man.

Tell me about it
I'm from Tunisia

At least the Netherlands aren't cucks

Is the new Falcon Mexican?

>only living Croatian comic character is a super rapist
well you'll always have Sam Stone user

>Villainous countries whining about how they're never depicted with heroes

It's your own damn fault.

Portugal here, I feel it too. For all talk or representation in issues like gender, race, religion and sexuality, most stuff out there seems to be from North America or at least in English, but that's rarely talked about unless some author feels like adding something "exotic"

>Poortugal

I'm not from Croatia, just using them for example because we're close. And fuck, do Big 2 hate this part of world. Nothing ever happens here, nobody lives here. I wonder why they never had Doom conquer Balkans.

That bottom panel where almost everyone has the same smug expression

Most Americans (or at least American children) can't even remember where countries like the Netherlands and Croatia are on a map. Only way you guys will ever get superheros is if the entire euro zone becomes a single country

> Mahvel

> Amadeus Cho/Hulk- annoying but has years of character development and histoey
> Silk - Slott Waifu
> White Fox - atrocious design, webcomic that went nowhere
> Jubilee- adopted by American parents, a vampire

3 1/2 sues out of three

>DC

> Xombie- obscure series, cancelled
> Ray- adopted lifeguard, cancelled
> that Bloodlines guy who might be Chinese- might make a comeback during this year's Bloodlines revival

lol, there's 0 chance of my little archipelago ever having a superhero

Aquaman might reference us one day though

>tfw your country has a badass team and they job at every possible opportunity

Wolverine is the only Canadian superhero that's allowed to exist. And he only exists because of our proximity to the United States.

Motherfucker, I've seen this thread before. A bunch of artists from Rotterdam made a 010-based team once.

Arent you forgetting mighty Capitão Falcão?

Ebin maymay brah xD

Where you at?

DC also had the Great Ten, who were in 52 (I don't know if they were in anything else). They were pretty cool.

If there was a Captain Netherlands it would be a feminist lesbian of Syrian birth

Amadeus Cho is Korean.

ahem

WHAT BOOK IS THIS FROM?

No, that's Sweden.

If he is called Captain America, then why isn't he carrying a gun to kill bad guys?

I dunno where that's a picture of, but hey, nice water.

It's a completely different region, but on my brief passage through Latvia I was disappointed to find no joking references to Dr Doom's Latveria - I guess there's some mutual blindness to that sort of thing?...

And then we'd get Iron Man with German name, French swordsman and whatnot.
They had their own book. First issue sold in 7,458 issues. 5,782 by issue nine, when it was cancelled.

Interesting.

Not gonna happen, history lessons tend to give amble material to distrust even physically close neighbour countries, even if language weren't an issue.

That's shit masquerading as parody.

>America isn't villainous

kys senpai

nederdraad?

also klaw is dutch, I guess.

I think Marvel has a Z-list villain from around these parts but that's it. I don't really care about being "represented" in US comics, it's just fun to have a hero from your country interacting with the usual heroes you're used to reading about.

Thought he was retconned to being Belgian?

He was.

Van Helsing
Tunisia doesnt really do capes but stuff like Lab619 is good
Super Hrvoje
Capitão Falcãofuck you he is awesome
Based Ibbadey

>Based Ibbadey
well i can't deny that

So he DOESN'T FUCKING COUNT.

Belgians are more suited to be villains, anyways.

>Ibbadey

youtube.com/watch?v=uO77D75ID50

This fucking guy?

That Sue is sexy as fuck

It's them Netherlands-genes, baby.
Totally a thing!

Yeah, and apparently she's divorced.

Contest of Champions

Going to get cancelled

>Going to get cancelled

God fucking damnit.

I love Maestro.

>Lab619
this Is the first time I hear about it
I have to read it

Seriously, just what do you people think is going ON here?

The eternal mystery. Especially since he started out as a literal soldier.

>And then we'd get Iron Man with German name, French swordsman and whatnot.

On the plus side we get to take Thor back.

Uit Vlissingen, ja. Maar zijn vader was Duits.

Are there any heroes from west coast America? It's always New York.

Most recent appearance was in the most recent issue of Superman/Wonder Woman, IIRC. They're a great concept, but two of the members don't work as superheroes and several of them have retarded backstories.

>chinese woman with the power of giving birth to shittons of babies

You dare forget this man?!

One of two is Mother of Champions, who's other?

Didn't we have this EXACT thread last week? I remember the OP picture and the comments about >Captain netherlands. Now marvel is just torturing us. >TFW no superhero for your country

We're getting a Chinese Superman book

>Marvel has a number of Russian characters
>not a single writer ever tried to do any research on Russia

The two issues of Midnighter when he was in Moscow and Kazan had more care put into them than any Black Widow run. Colossus and Magik barely have anything to do with the Motherland and I the new Wasp will be any better in that regard.

That's because the people pushing for Diversity™ in mainstream media all the time are mostly middle-to-upper class kids more unlettered and with less geographic awareness than a potted plant.

Immortal Man in Darkness, who is really just a fancy fighter pilot.

It half counts I guess...

I fucking hate you for making me look this shit up, OP. But here you. Dutch superheroes. I hope you're fucking happy, you asshole.

Not a single cannabis-themed one, what politically correct bullshit is this? Get me a decent artist and fifty-two cases of energy drink, I need to write one now.

>DUDE WEED LMAO

Fuck you, there's more to our country than drugs and whores.

>Mother of Champions:
>Wu Mei-Xing, the Mother of Champions or 冠軍母亲 (Guàn Jūn Mǔ Qīn) was a theoretical physicist, working on a particle accelerator when she was briefly exposed to a theoretical "god particle", which mutated her system by triggering her metagene. At first she was unable to bear children, but eventually discovered her super-fecundity powers by accident. She no longer needs to eat, and has to remind herself to breathe, and she is immune to radiation poisoning from ionizing radiation. She can now birth a litter of twenty-five genetically identical supersoldiers about every three days. These children are short-lived, however, only lasting one week, aging ten years every twenty four hours. She has at times used a metallic chair with insect-like legs to remain mobile during her pregnant state. She later pretended that the alias "Niang Guan Jun" was her real name.

Oh stop crying, are you a fucking Jehova's witness or something?

>There are still people doing the DUDE WEED thing
Holy fuck.

Of course not, just...

It's like if America's most prominent superhero was Hamburger Man.

You make a point, but from my experience most foreigners refer to us as Amsterdam and only want to come here for the weed. Coffeeshops are one of the few sane things about this country.

New 52 Superman's solar flare was supposed to be harvested and merged with Mother of Champions so her children are really strong.

i thought his deal was he had a shapeshifting super suit made out of nanites/venom symbiote with iron man like powers, but also had a kinda poor imagination so just made it look like a stealth jet plane

one of americas 5 most prominent heroes is america man

You mean CAPTAIN HYDR-AMERICA?

MY JEWISH GRANDMOTHER KILLED HERSELF WHEN STEVE WAS REVEALED TO BE HYDRA.

Lucky you, how much was the inheritance?

>Implying the Netherlands wasn't part of the glorious German empire
>Not taking pride in having Overman as a national hero
It's like you want to be cucked by sandgoats.

No. He's bonded to a plane made out of bits of a crash landed alien ship.

>It's like you want to be cucked by sandgoats.

Oh look who's fucking talking.

as someone from Rotterdam.. I too, want weedman.

so what are these guys' power?

Why wasn't he in Spider-Verse?

> superhero lives in my city
> DC barely uses him
> he leaves for New York
This is suffering.

>See the thumbnail
>read it as TEAM DIO.
>KONO DIO DA!!!
>open picture
>disappoint.

All we got is Hitler. But I guess that's still better than Captain Deutschland.

Come on now, there's like twenty Barons Zemo.

what the hell would a weed-based powers be? Astral projection? Smoke constructs?

Hmm. Turn into a gaseous form that, when inhaled makes you like superhigh.

Enemies eventually give up after being subjected to long diatribes about how great it is to smoke weed interspersed with long-winded stories about people they don't know that trail off, if my personal experience with heavy pot users is any indication.

I mean.. there's a hot hyperninja and a druid that smoke a lot of pot in my superhero world.

You don't need dubs to have that shit confirmed

Imagine if Matter-Eater Lad smoked pot and got the munchies.

I realized the other day that Kal was a baby when that story started. How did he change the outcome of the war?

The effect also consumes the pilot in a few months. So there's actually been several of these guys. So the name 'Immortal Man in Darkness' is ironic.

>Gets high
>Eats the entire planet

There are technically heroes from my region. Except they're all butchered version of our former pagan gods, except for that one character in a parody comic who's a whore.

Name ONE(1) superhero from Brazil

>Captain Netherlands
>immortal ship's captain from the Age of Sail
>lived off profits for centuries, but ran out of cash
>now he fights crime

>tfw no Captain Italy

>Magma
>Sunspot
>Shark Girl
>DC's Fire, unless I'm wrong
>those three flying dancers from Astro City

Who would we (seriously) put in an international Avengers if we had to make up new members from our own country?

There's whole team, though.
Captain Britain would be a must.

Germany, India, China, Britain, Brazil, South Africa, Russia and maybe Saudi Arabia because otherwise they would bitchfit?

Id say we have Ms.Marvel but considering she was born/raised in the U.S. I dont think she counts