Is anyone here old enough to remember when MJ Fox didn't have Parkinsons? What was your initial reaction to the news?

Is anyone here old enough to remember when MJ Fox didn't have Parkinsons? What was your initial reaction to the news?

I used to watch him on that shitty Sitcom. And I don't think he had Parkinsons in the beginning, right? But iirc, the effects started showing up in later episodes. Pretty sad. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

I didn't really care, because I saw him in Mars Attack and thought he wasn't going to be Marty ever again

I loved him in the 80s so when I heard the news I was a bit shaken up.

Parkinsons is a fucking bitch, goddamn disease

I don't remember the effects being that obvious on the show before he left but I'm pretty sure that was *why* he did. Seeing him in interviews now is pretty depressing though.

>What was your initial reaction to the news?

I thought that this was heavy.

>And I don't think he had Parkinsons in the beginning, right?

He did, he just never told anyone. He would spend lots of time in his dressing room, dealing with the symptoms, holding up the shooting for hours. The cast hated him because they thought he was being just a diva.

When I heard the news. I shook.

Never did like the Back to the Future movies, but I enjoyed The Frighteners. I think that was the last thing I saw him in before the news, but I never thought or felt anything about it afterward.

well shit now I'm depressed

I had a weird childhood and knew him more from Spin City than BttF. I knew he was kind of a big deal to people but didn't really care for him either way. When he announced it I thought it was sad but wasn't really as affected by it as others.

>knew him more from Spin City than BttF
That is pretty weird. Not even my parents knew him from Spin City. Same on that whole knowing he was a big deal and all that, but yeah. Cold childhood.

YOUR FINN WUN noone ever cared daryl hannah had downsyndrome and dreamt of dickflipprer

I was shaken.

I loved watching him in Spin City. I was young at the time and found it weird by the end of the series(with him as the star) they would position him in weird places all the time like behind furniture, and he always did weird twitches and had his hands in his pockets. Then out of no where Charlie Sheen was the star. Again, as a kid I was just confused. Great show and great actor though!

His castmates probably feel like shit in retrospect and they should.

I can't remember, I have Alzheimer's.

go back and watch the first episode of spin city knowing he has parkinson's

watch his hands, watch his mannerisms

he's hiding it from the very first episode

I was too young to understand what it really meant. I just knew it was bad and honestly, thought he was going to die and didn't get that he was alive and seemed to be not dying and....you know I still don't get how he seems to be ok now? Wtf is going on, did he cure it?

>What was your initial reaction to the news?
I really liked him as a kid (born '87), but then he stopped doing movies and just kinda went away from the showbiz.
It wasn't until a few years later that I found out about his diseas.

>they should.
No.
They didn't know what was happening.

parks mentally as a phenomenon in your suns

I understand 95 percent of what you meant by this.
Can't make heads or tails of this one though

Here's a (You) for making me chuckle sensibly