Marvel, house of bullshit lies

Marvel, house of bullshit lies.

>bleedingcool.com/2016/05/30/marvel-would-have-done-avengers-vs-watchmen-even-sooner-than-dc-comics/

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Rich biggest Marvelshill?

I think some of the people on here would give him a run for his money.

I mean here it seems like he is saying cute DC some slack and props for not using the characters til now.

This is the same guy who said Nazi Cap would be better than anything from Rebirth

Wait, really?!? Link please.

>claiming you would have done it first and better after something happens
are they run by literal kids?

He said it would garner more attention.

>Oh yeah? W-Well, w-we would have done it better than you! And cooler!

Meanwhile MIB remains untouched.

>It's good that DC let Watchmen stand alone until recently, Marvel would have fucked that up much sooner
Sure, he's talking shit on DC, but he's hardly shilling for Marvel.

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/
>If you want to avoid this spoiler then consider yourself warned. DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins

I'm still surprised they haven't done any Miracleman/Marvel or Star Wars/Marvel crossovers yet

Give them a few more months to run out of ideas after combining Ultimate and 616

But they tooooootally would have done Watchmen user.

And he was right. DC wishes they could've gotten onto news and had non comic readers talking about them

Marvel probably wishes they had DC's sales as of late.

Too bad that didn't translate to sales. Story of Marvel's life.

Unfortunately it didn't entirely translate into sales compared to Rebirth. People talked about it for a day, inserted whatever agenda they had in their conversations and moved onto the next topic. It was just a minor talking point blip in the radar of pop culture.

You can't really determine that yet. Reprint numbers won't show up in the May sales charts and it did get at least a second printing (not sure after that). Rebirth will still do better overall of course and Rich is still wrong, but that doesn't mean the shitstorm didn't translate to sales.

>"Up next! Did Kanye /really/ just say that?!?"

Everyone in the world has ADD.

It didn't. Most of the people who were bitching about NaziCap weren't even comic book fans to begin with, hence why they called him "NaziCap" since Hydra wasn't even an analogue for the Nazis when they were first created.

>Luke Skywalker arrives and says Kitty Pryde is Chosenest One

Yeah no shit, look at the comics right now.

Marvel's shameless and it's great. DC pretended to care about Moore and screwed him OR Moore placed too much faith in DC whatever.

I'm still waiting for when Bendis makes Kitty Pryde reach TOAA status.

Why do you think it didn't without any actual evidence though? At least wait to see how large the drop is from 1-3 before you come to that conclusion.

I don't think you understand how the big two works. They don't pay you to make money off your creation. They pay you to make something for them. Moore knew this going in that the Watchmen wouldn't be his property, he was making it for his employers.

faggot assblasted by Bendis detected

Isn't this a 3 week old CBR interview
Sup Forums talked about it all day, I guess Rich didn't browse that day

In fact, cbr made an article about that interview later that day, I'm stunned he missed it

Rich, if you're reading this, become a NEET like me so you can check Sup Forums every two hour and a half

>Marvel, house of bullshit lies.
>lies
Are you saying Marvel wouldn't cash in on movies?

It's a pretty shitty idea, and he acknowledges that it's a shitty idea, but that he would have lacked the willpower not to do it. I actually find this candor on his part pretty refreshing. An admission of weakness which fortunately in this case is harmless.

Miracleman/Marvel/Star Wars/Disney

Never cashed in on the MIB movies whenever those came out. In fact, they refuse to touch anything Malibu related. They also refuse to do a Star Wars/Marvel crossover, as well as one for Miracleman.

He's telling the truth though, when the Watchmen film came out and became crazy popular amongst Normies, Marvel would have made a Marvel Universe vs Watchmen event or mini. Wasn't that also around the time that Marvel was producing the "Someone Kills The Marvel Universe" comics? And they could have easily added in Watchmen in place of Doom in Secret Wars.

This is a hypothetical topic, but the dude is totally right, if the Watchmen comics were produced by Marvel, they would have had a crossover a long time ago.

I completely forgot they have the rights, we will probably see it go into public domain

"We'd have made a garbage crossover event much sooner"

Seems about right.

So they are bragging they could have made a shit event to cash in.

I'm glad to be a DCfag because DC isn't looking for gimmicks to boost temporary sales every 3 weeks.

I can appeciate Marvel trying to get people who don't read comics to read comics but ...unfortunately they don't read comics

Cap Hydra only fooled people who don't know Comics pull this "everything you know is wrong" stunt at least 10 times a year

Maybe Valiant, DC's Valiant, or Dark Horse will use it when that happens. If any publishers know how to treat it, I'd say it's those three.

>MIB vs Aliens vs Predators

>MIB vs Judge Dredd

>MIB vs Batman

>MIB vs Army of Darkness.

I'm cumming already.

Doubt it; the creator's still alive and Sony still plans on using it.

>DC's Vertigo****

No, Moore (& i'm assuming Gibbons) had(has?) a deal to get the Watchmen rights back after it went out of print as was common because the reprint market wasn't big then. Only DC kept it in print forever.

i somehow wanna tie in marvel's epic line in the 80s

>We'd have made a garbage crossover event much sooner
You forgot the best part

> I personally I think it would be wrong and believe the comic should be left alone
> but yeah we would do it

Didn't Will Smith say he refused to do a fourth movie? Also, didn't Sony plan on crossing it over with 21 Jump Street at one point?

mib 23 is indeed happening.

What would Young Watchmen be like?

I don't really think it's bragging really, it sounded more like he's giving DC credit from holding off from using the Watchmen as a gimmick to boost sales.

Did Strikeforce Moritauri ever cross over with 616?

I hate this fucking dude.

Fuck, Sony has less ideas than Marvel.

Yes, in Spurrier's X-Force, but there are legal problems with it, because Marvel forgot to give Gills a contract.

Spurrier's X-Force had references, I think. That's how Marrow got her powers back.

Considering that they are already doing Civil War: Part Deux...i believe that...also thats nothing to be proud of...

All the YA kids+Roschard

>...
Greetings, Reddit.

The Ruinous Powers - Perlmutter, Quesadilla, Bendis, and Brevoort - need to be fucking destroyed already.

Kid Rorschach is a gay latino atheist

Can we get Slott while we're at it?

You forgot Alonso.

>Marvel inserting political correctness into fucking Watchmen.

What kind of monstrosity would that even look like?

I'm not surprised and yet here I am.

It would stay pretty much the same.

>comparing Nazi Cap to The Anatomy Lesson

>I'm still surprised they haven't done any Miracleman/Marvel
these are the same people who can't even finish publishing the run

>It would stay pretty much the same.
So you mean to tell me the characters would stay the same? The Watchmen characters. At Marvel.

They wouldn't print it if it didn't keep selling.

Are you the type that thinks Fox should just hand their fantastic four rights back over, too? They're in the business of printing stories and making money. Why would they do the opposite of that and stop printing a consistent top-seller?

Lol pretty sure if they were at Marvel we would have had Watchmex in the 90's

Anything with the letter x would sell like hot cakes in the 90s.

>bragging
No? Someone asked him what his opinion on DC adding Watchmen to the main universe was and his responce was "The comics fan in me doesn't like it, but the editor in me realises that if I were in their shoes, I'd have done it years ago so I don't blame them."

>MIB and B.P.R.D.
I would suck Mignola's dick for this.

It wouldn't be exactly the same. The premise would be there: A superhero is killed, then the mystery is investigated. Remember that before he took the project to DC he considered using the Archie/Red Circle superheroes.

The superheroes he chooses would be different though because most likely he'd be using obscure Marvel characters or analogues. Like say the Golden Age Destroyer or whoever.

I swear he brought this up on his formspring recently. Said that while he disagreed with DC's decision to do it (he's always been the guy at Marvel who's a heavy traditionalist, arguing against stuff like Spidey and Wolverine joining the Avengers), he knows that if Marvel owned Watchmen, they would have crossed over by now in some way.

I'd only be happy if it was the comic version though. I don't want them to cop out and stick with the light hearted movie version. Maybe transfer a few elements from it, as well as the cartoon, but it should stay the comic version at it's core.

It's not so much that he would do it, it's just that his bosses would demand he do it. Sort of like how they demanded Fantastic Four not continue and the characters be killed off.

>MIB vs Spawn

>X-files conspiracy: MIB

Why the hell is Marvel so against crossovers. You know that if it was with literally any other company half these stories would have already happened.

>all the F4 characters killed off
Not even remotely correct.

Marvel had that one shot crossover with Invincible that one time.

>Not even remotely correct.

Hickman didn't kill them off. But he outright said in an interview they asked him to kill them off and he argued against it so his compromise was having Reed, Sue, and the others taken off the table to chart the new multiverse.

I actually believe him. We'd already be drowning in Watchmen variant covers if Marvel owned the rights.

They don't want to share the revenue.

Slott is just an idiot who shouldn't be writing Spider-Man. His She-Hulk and Mighty Avengers runs were decent.

DCfags will never stop being butthurt for their spectacular cinematic flop, will they?.

yeah too bad Rebirth did not transcend as meme

>having such poor reading comprehension
And Rich is meant to be the dyslexic one

Who cares about cinema?
Movies are for kids who don't know how to read.

And they would've ruined it the same way they ruined Malibu Comics Ultraverse when they crossed those over.

So DC is the bigger person in this situation. Because Marvel doesn't tell stories, they tell events that really don't fucking mean much.

> Marvel admits they are more experimental, throw more spaghetti on the wall, and hold less sacred cows than DC

Have people not paid attention to how these companies contrast? This statement means nothing. It just shows Marvel's publishing style vs DC.

Marvel wants to sell books. Blame comic readers for only buying events

Consider that DC basically already did this with New Gods, which was meant to be its own thing.

I still don't think Vs Watchmen is a good idea. Why would anyone think Watchmen are prime crossover characters?

It would be more flattering if Brevoort had said this before DC did it themselves

Because Watchmen has been poison to all comics for decades, so it needs to be torn down.

He said no such thing.
>DC Universe Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.
Where is the part where he mentioned
>*and by win I of course mean garner more attention
Stop trying to fucking backtrack Rich, at least be man enough to own your mistake.

He's saying negative things about his own company so no.

I guess he is still saying bad things about dc but worse about marvel

Marvel are a bunch of delusional cucks, holy shit.

No worries, I'm sure they'll have another re-branding in 6 months with a dozen more minority heroes to attract headlines, along with a few more titles featuring tumblr tier art, meanwhile those titles sell like shit despite the normie press struggling to paint a different picture implying they are a success.

So what they're saying is that they give less of a fuck about respecting author rights than DC?

Disney owns the news, user.

Yeah, that argument is just laughable Moore apologia- of which there is no shortage.

Well yeah, is there any doubt.
Look how fast the turned around and made Nextwave cannon.

Not to mention how the Ultimate universe was totally its own thing and would remain so forever and would not affect the mainline 616 comics and AHAHAHAHAHA