What is Sup Forums's opinion regarding these leader choices?

What is Sup Forums's opinion regarding these leader choices?

fine except catherine de medici wtf is she doing there

Teddy great.
Qin is good.
Cleo is overdone. Should have been Hatshepsut if they wanted a woman Egypt leader.
Hojo is fine.
Victoria is fine.
WTF Catherine de Medici for France?
Monty is fine, but he looks like shit compared to V Monty.

Like I get that they wanna switch leaders around to keep it fresh... but Catherine de Medici is retarded.
A least give us many leaders per country.

>A least give us many leaders per country.
Looks like they are.
All their breakdowns have an explicit "Leader Trait" and then "Nation Traits".
It seems they want to have extra leaders for the same Civ

Don't give a shit about this game, but I'll give it an answer.

>Teddy
Reasonable, bro-tier president.

>Qin
Short lived dynasty. The name China comes from him (in the west). People in China don't really give a shit about him, and don't refer to themselves as Chinese. This is a terrible pick to represent China.

>Cleopatra
Should have picked one of the many Ptolemies. She whored herself into power. Wasn't actually good leader material.

>Hojo
Out of all the nips, you pick this faggot. Should have gone with someone better like Takeda, Uesugi, or

>Victoria
Nothing against this.

>Catherine de Medici
Know nothing about her. Probably just pandering to women.

>Montezuma
Montezuma II's biggest claim to fame is being killed by the Spaniards and getting his empire demolished. But there's not too many notable empires in the Americas to begin with.

kind of corny to give the japanese guy a zellda tunic

i'm hoping this is just bait

>Teddy
solid

>Qin
warlord who united China but turned it to shit. one of the Han or Ming would have been better

>Cleopatra
shit. meme ruler from the Ptolemies with no leadership qualities. Pandering to women I imagine

>Hojo
fine. I wish they went with Meiji though

>Victoria
great

>Catherine de Medici
they picked a fucking Italian who started a 30 year religious civil war to represent France??? Christ their pandering knows no bounds

>Montezuma
literally only known Aztec ruler. kinda shit though, he trusted the Spanish for no reason

6/10 so far. Room for improvement

i feel like they go for the easy SJW honeypot with their choice of female leaders

Takeda never ruled a united japan

the real question here is why arent they black. dont they know?

Teddy's a great choice, one of the best Presidents we've ever had.

If you've ever been to a national park and had a great time, make sure to thank based Teddy

also they added Pedro II. again for brazil, and he looks like a drunk hobo this time

>Teddy
Good choice. Model looks silly
>Qin
Good choice. Model looks borderline retarded
>cleopatra
Pleb choice. Model is okay
>Link
I don't know shit about japanese history, so I can't tell. Model looks neat.
>Victoria
Decent choice. Models looks meh
>Catherine de Medicis
well... at least it's better than Jeanne d'Arc... Model looks neat though. If they give her a ruler's power "Saint Barthelemy : once during the game, can eradicate all religions other than the dominant one", I will take it all back and light them a fucking candle
>Montezuma
Don't know shit about the aztecs so I can't really comment.

Wasn't he overthrown in a coup because he violated the constitution?

How do they pick these people?

Hojo & Medici are literally whos, but the rest are fine

Neither did Uesugi, for that matter.

The most famous Cleopatra was a Ptolemy. Not sure what you're trying to say there.

>Queen Vic

>Implying I'm ever going to play any other nation than England ever again

Never heard of her myself, she seems like a complicated lady

The people still loved him, and he is easily their most popular leader still.

well, in their defense.
They have to pick a leader that represents his nation in full glory, and since Brazil isn't that old/long a sovereign state they don't have much choice.

>Know nothing about her. Probably just pandering to women.
Yes they are, and it's ironic they do it with here. Basically
>from a noble italian family
>get married to Henri II of France
>was the mother of three kings of France : François II (died at 16 after ruling for one year) Charles IX and Henri III
>unofficially ruled after the death of françois II, since Charles IX was 10 and too young to take his place
>even after that, was still very influencial on both her sons
>considered by some as the one taking actual decisions rather than her two sons
>very largely responsible for 30 years of religious wars between catholics and huguenots, resulting in the massacre of huguenots at the day of st Barthelemy
pander to feminists with a cold, calculating, intolerant power-hungry woman who had no love for her sons and used them to keep some form of power. oh the irony

I think "leader" concept in civ is stupid. Fucking Staling attacking Caesar city with archers. Thats retarded, i understand civ is not HoI or Victoria, but still why do you need leaders that fuck up my immersion and do nothing else?

America- Great
China-Good
Egypt-Bad
Japan- Bad
England-Great
France-Cancer
Aztec-OK
Brazil- Shouldn't be in the game

>not andrew jackson
>not nobunaga oda
>not king arthur (i-it's based on real characters! my ass)

Why the fuck is Cleopatra white? Don't they know who was the REAL kangz?

On the other side - why dont we can use greate leaders as some sort of "golden age" and have historical set of leaders for each faction.

TEDDY

IS

NOT

FAT

Why not Napoleon for France, or Louis XIV?

Can't wait to hear all the tremendous bitching about Greek Cleopatra being white instead of black

Shouldn't it really be Tokugawa Ieyasu instead of Hojo Tokimune?

They seem to be trying for more obscure leaders than in previous games. Might be for the better in the case of the civilizations that have been present in previous games. You know, switch things up a bit. I can't argue with bring in Teddy "Big Stick" Roosevelt. That man just doesn't get enough love. Not even close.

Who would be Sup Forumsivisation leaders?
My guess
>USA: Andrew Jackson
>Egypt: Tutankhamun (since he was confirmed 100% white)
>Japan: Hirohito
>England: Edward I
>France: Napoleon

It really exposes the dishonesty of feminist casting. China had several powerful female figures and leaders. But the Chinese market is important enough to censor speech in America, and Chinese gamers don't want a female face. Meanwhile France is represented by an Italian chick whose accomplishment was to teach French cooks how to make Italian sauces (these became the five great canonical sauces of French cooking).

>literally who hojo for japan
>literally who italian for france

The others I don't care about.

Don't forget The Big One.
Hint: [spoiler]Germany[/spoiler]

They all look like stupid cartoons out of a Dreamworks movie. Preferred the Civ 5 ones, could take those seriously. Qin Shihuang looks especially awful.
Also, it's hilarious how they have to go out of their way to find leaders who had tangential effects on national policy to insert the required quota of female leaders.

>Manlet-Leon
>Not Charles Martel the Kebab Smasher

>Qin
>terrible pick
First emperor to unite most of what is called China today. Flawed but critically important leader in China's history, wouldn't exist without him.

She is greek dumbass

Tбх this whole game looks like some pay-to-win shit for mobile phones.

I would rather see Lu Bu as China's leader t b h. Qin is a boring pick.

>tut
>picking a boy who did nothing of note to represent a civilization
civ 5's choice was good

Well, she WAS greek, last time i checked i dont have watermelon and fried chicken cravings

>hojo
>triforce
no probs here

>wtf is medici
wew lads, jews ripped off your history books, they're like most important family in european history

Not quite Greek. She was Macedonian. Just like Alexander the Great.

She also had a gigantic nose.

A couple other of this ancient beauty's most flattering coin portraits.

>Catherine de Medicis

Who is this? I have never heard of her.

Who is going to be the German leader? I assume Merkel?

The most important, really? There were families like Capetiens, Habsburgs, Rurikids and Jimenas. But di Medici was the most important. Right.

One more for the road.

Some French lady married to the French king Louis IX I think, basically started the st bartholmews day massacre and killed a bunch of French Protestants, also she's not even french

The Prophet Muhammad?

Ptolemy = guy
Cleopatra = girl

There were multiple Ptolemies and Cleopatras. The family tree looked like a plate of spaghetti.

But Hojo did? Didn't think so.

>First emperor to unite most of what is called China today
I don't think so Tim

Him too.

Nevermind it was Henry ii

They recently fixed Teddy so he doesn't look like Taft.

I hope we will get him (pic related) or Willem van Oranje once

He did, but he was the second and last emperor of Brazil and since they already used Pedro I on civ 5, they probably wanted an emperor instead of a shitty president nobody has ever heard about.
Honestly the only president I really remember about from history class is Getulio Vargas who was a madman who went full dictator and then killed himself.

he is right though

Sweden would be Gustav Alfred.
Poland might have Johann Sobieski.
Ragnar Lodbrok for Norway.
Bisrmark for Germany.
Moshe Dayan for Israel.
El Cid for Spain.

The leader of Poland in the new Civ will be Jadwiga. Aka the chick who's only achievement in life is being boned by a lithuanian dude.

Gustav Adolf, not alfred...

Romania should get Dracula.

The only major parts of China proper missing are Dongbei and Guangdong. Mongolia and Tibet are a part of China, but only came into the fold centuries later. Most of Han China exists in Win territories.
Boring, but not incorrect. Like Sejong for Korea. It's been done but there's a reason.

>Willem van Oraje
Wasnt he dutch leader in civ4? Jewy looking guy in happy merchant pose with economic traits?

>medici
>france

out of all the great kings they choose a fucking italian woman

get serious

>Zelda....tunic
>Triforce

Triggered my autism

Teddy is a good choice

Qin is a good choice

Cleopatra seems really overdone, would like to see something else

Hojo is a good out of the box pick, leaders like Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu feel tired

Victoria - Good Choice

Catherine De Medici - Mother of three French kings, served as regent, but not a great pick. Guessing they didn't want to pick Napoleon or another king named Louis. Only other clear choice if they wanted to pick a woman was probably Joan of Arc though they probably figured that didn't make much sense. Not picking pic related though was a wasted opportunity.

Montezuma - Enh, I guess so... don't really care.

Fuck yeah Teddy

If they wanted a woman, Jean d'Arc might've been a good choice. Or maybe Eleanor of Aquitaine

why do we need to have this thread so many times

What the fuck is that horrible artstyle? Is this civ 6?

Which one will they pick for Russia and Germany? Not Catherine and Bismarck again, I hope.

>Montezuma
it depends on which Montezuma, Montezuma I was a badass that expanded the Mexica empire and made Tenochtitlan the greatest city in the world, Montezuma II was a beta faggot scared of his own shadow that let the spaniards march into his city and got killed by his own followers because of his faggotry.

so why do they have such a cartoonish look now?

Russia maybe Peter the Great.

Germany could be an older ruler if they don't want stay away from Prussia and the empire. Maybe Barbarossa?

well, not the most important when you compare with them but finding an international dynasty out of banking is remarkable itself.

Peter the Great and Frederick II would be nice

Also Sobieski the Kebab Remover for King of Polan

They should have chosen Cuauhtemoc instead of Moctezuma for the Aztec

wtf happened to the artstyle why is everyone a greasy potato now

wonder if they'll go edgy on russia too and choose some low profile cuck like alexander I

So it can run on mobile phones with minimal effort

inb4 Nikola wtaroj

Lurk more

A website that claimed Catherine de' Medici would lead France before it was announced also claimed Frederick Barbarossa would lead Germany and Peter the Great would lead Russia.

They should have picked Disraeli instead of Victoria to trigger /pol

>mfw Germany has taken over Washington in my game
>mfw their military force was literally 100 times greater than theirs

But wouldn't that prove pol was right yet again?

Germany will be Frederick I (confirmed leak)

why do they look like characters pixar would make?

>Should have gone with someone better like Takeda, Uesugi, or

Yeah, you just outed yourself as a fucking idiot who knows nothing about history outside of anime and Sengoku jidai fluff.

what facebook app is this

also victoria is too fat

>mfw France gets represented by Napoleon and Catherine de Medici, literally two Italians

>cleopatra not black
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEE WWWWWWWWE WAZ KIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT NIGGGGGGGUHAAAAAAAAA

Roosevelt is fine. Qin is ok but is more warlord than emperor. Cleopatra is overdone and if anything her presence at Antony's battles undid his cause. Hojo representing Japan is like having Cromwell represent the English, yes he was the de facto leader for a while and kicked ass but they were powers behind the government longer than they had legal authority. Victoria's good. Joan of Arc would be better than Catherine, the Sun King would be cool but she's the equivalent of Buchanan for the US. Montezuma is ok, a leader for the Inca would have been nice.

Sold separately in 0.99 DLCs each. or 4.99 for a whole faction.

Don't even joke about that leaf.