It's a comfy Lord of the Rings thread

>It's a comfy Lord of the Rings thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4
youtube.com/watch?v=ww8wqEgFIA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So why exactly didn't they take the eagles to mordor? No one has ever been able to explain this.

>It's a comfy Lord of the Rings thread
>PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

The eagles didn't want to

Why is Christopher Tolkien so stupid? Why does he hate everything Peter Jackson made? Peter Jackson may have made a few minor mistakes but Christopher's opinion is ridicc.

>Peter Jackson may have made a few minor mistakes

Yeah nah

it literally wasnt their problem.
Also why the fuck would you fly into Mordor willingly? The entire god damn point behind how fucking miraculous it is that Frodo survived is because prancing right into Mordor was insanity.
The whole reason that the fellowship went about it that way is because destroying the ring without Sauron ever knowing its whereabouts was the only way they could succeed. A bunch eagles flying straight towards Mordor isnt exactly subtle and im sure if Sauron saw it coming, which he most assuredly would if thats the plan the fellowship went with, the eagles would have been massacred on arrival.

eagles are a lazy deus ex machina plot device
this is irrefutable

He didn't like the tone of the movies, maybe TTT and RoTK most of all.

i personally undertstand to a certain extent why he doesnt like the LOTR films, and i pretty much totally agree with why he hates the hobbit films.
But personally, the peter Jackson LOTR trilogy is genuinely fantastic even if it takes some liberties with the truly perfect book series.

Eagles would get seduced by the ring

>ywm be a hobbit

>Be eagles

>Agree to take Frodo to Mt Doom

>Almost there

>Oh shit I want this ring

>Drop Frodo from 1000 feet in the air

>Keep ring

hmmm

>deus ex machina plot device

Care to explain why?

as others have seemingly stated. The Eagles were Lazy Fuckwads that couldn't be bothered to do something unless they
>Owe a debt
>realize they might die if they do nothing

testing

>bracing for the comfy desu

So... about the tax situation.

Homer never explained Troys tax plan either

Because they're practically un-established plot tools that teleport out of nowhere to rescue the heros at the most convenient times just because

>Trojan war was really started because Helen of Troy was taking Agamemnons capital to Troy where it would have been in a higher tax bracket thus bankrupting him

they were obligated by others via debt, or the realization that Sauron winning would be bad for them

it's not like they are Ents in terms of taking forever to figure that fact out, it's that they never bother to consider it.

>Because they're practically un-established plot tools that teleport out of nowhere to rescue the heros at the most convenient times just because

Gandalf calls on their aid twice in the LOTR, it's not "out of nowhere"

Threadly reminder Pipeweed is tobacco

Will we get any other films based on Tolkien's works in the next 10 years?

If chris dies and the people that hold the license decide to dishonor his wishes and sell it off, then yes.

Can we talk about Saul Zaentz?

Dude... compare The Silmarillion, a legitimate work of art, to the Jackson movies, which are decent but basically just pablum.
Tolkien = high, noble tone and elegant beauty as of another world.
Jackson = low, peasant-like tone. Kid jokes. Elf surfing.

>If chris dies
he probably wont

what is he, Vince McMahon?

Why cant they advance technologically? Thousands of years and they still prob dont have indoor plumbing

Alot can happen in 10 years. It's more realistic he'll be alive in a year, but longer is highly doubtful

To memory, Tolkien wrote the books for his kids. Ergo Chris is literally the only person left alive that's opinion actually matters.

this is my desktop wallpaper and laptop lockscreen

we were around quite a while before having indoor plumbing

this is my phone wallpaper

We've been around for about 6,000 years, actually.

I want mine to be this but it's shitty res.

How did Mordor Business Holdings acquire a controlling stake in Isengard Revenue Services without filing a report and getting approval from the Valar Oversight Committee before the end of the business year?

>lockscreen

kys normie

>eagles
>die
Their soul would just go and chill with Manwe

>having a custom picture on the login screen of laptop is normie
kill yourself retard

who /lord of the rings online/ here

Insider trading and hostile takeover.

Is it better to watch the movies first or read the books first? I feel like both have their downsides, with the books obviously some stuff is left out or deviated from in the movies, but if I watch the movies after the books I'm worried I'll just think it's a shittier version of the books and not care. That's what happened to me with Game of Thrones.
Opinions?

I used to play but haven't for a few years. I really should since I bought a lifetime account and probably have a shit ton of turbine monies. Chilling at the prancing pony with people playing music freehand was great

Watch theatrical cuts, read books (all of them), then watch the directors cuts.

for a while
saw an ad for it on normiebook shortly after it went free to play
got to the lonelands then stopped because I'm too autistic to make groups and there weren't any people there anyway

post LOTR songs that make you cry

youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4

How much of the effect is lost if I first experience LoTR via the movies would you say?

I don't follow youtube links or expand embeds, fucking cancerous dumbass. Fuck off.

Rent a room a few blocks from a major university.
Leave the window open on breezy summer days.
Buy the LOTR books.
Play Led Zeppelin tracks on a cheap stereo while reading the books and feeling the warm summer breeze come in from over the distant hills.

i pray that a nigger rapes your mother, sisters, and daughters in their sleep tonight

Not much. The movies cut out ad change a bit but it lays the foundation and you'll appreciate the books alot more

gib accounts

no way fag I need it to say I'm going to play again but procrastinate

Anyone else play Divide and Conquer for TATW?

Sauron would see it coming and send his army to mount doom

wat this

Ulmo and Tuor. A story in the Silmarillion.
To note, Tuor is the only human living in the undying lands

Because the eagles weren't superman they were simply big eagles.

Here's your Sup Forums logic:

Hi, I'm Suron. I'm the most powerful being in Middle Earth. Right now, I'm basically a big eye. I can look across all the land. Oh, what's that? Some of those fucking eagles flying right into my stronghold. They seem to be carrying something... is it? Yes! It's my ring.

Welp, I guess they win. I could just send my ring wraiths up there on their flying lizards but no, user says I'm helpless so I'll just let them bring the ring to my mountain, in the open - as open as they could possibly do it - and not kill them as they try to enter mt doom.
And I honestly don't think you're trolling. I think you're just that dumb.

Ulmo telling Tuor to go to Gondolin

>Will we get any other films based on Tolkien's works in the next 10 years?
Would you really want that?
The Hobbit showed that people can fuck anything up

>who /lord of the rings online/ here
I'd rather have the game offline so I don't have to worry about losing all progress one day

nigga the eagles flew in to get Sam and Frodo after Sauron was dead

why didnt sauron build a protective metal cap to put over the lava of mount doom?

Sauron has flying nazgul patrolling the skies

stupid

Why are there no child or teenage elves?

They're called hobbits

There are child hobbits though... and Frodo looks somewhat like a teenager.

Elves grow to physical maturity very fast relative to their overall lifespan, and they seldom reproduce, so it makes sense that one would see few child or teenage elves.

Why did they even both taking the ring to Mordor? Couldn't they just have sent someone with a bucket to collect some lava then take it back and pour it on the ring?

Seems pretty obvious to me and wasn't Gandalf supposed to be a fucking genius or something?

What are the Third Age power rankings?

1. Sauron with Ring
2. Gandalf the White
3. Durin's Bane
4. Saruman of Many Colors/Witch-King
5. Gandalf the Grey/Radagast the Brown
6. Smaug
7. Elrond/Galadriel
8. Nazgul
9. Elves/Dwarves/Dunedain
10. Men
11. Hobbits

>no Tom Bombadil
>no Goldberry
>no Shelob
Elrond should be with the lesser Istari. Galadriel should be a step above.

Gandalf the Grey killed Durin's Bane

what are you talking about? there's a 9/10 chance you are a chubby manlet neck beard who lives in a whole in the ground.
you will always be a hobbit

I found a typo in my Silmarillion in 'Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age'.
>and it was terrible, for his fair semblance had departed for ever 'whne' he was cast into the abyss at the drowning of NĂºmenor.

9 times out of ten that doesn't happen.

looks very similar to my parents home village in rural Wales

maybe youd enjoy moving to the countryside as well?

It's not a dabbing frog thread

It's more than we deserve

But it happened the only time they fought. Grey has a 100% win record

Bravo Hackson

If you didn't shed a manly tear listening to this song after Boromir recognized Aragorn as the true king to the throne, you have no soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=ww8wqEgFIA8

i much much prefer the song that plays whenever frodo and sam have their bromance moments: britney spears' oops i did it again. it always brings tears to my eyes. ;_;

I don't have an argument so I'm going to call you a faggot.

And there goes another thread

>laptop
exposed normie

Over 90 hours long and Hackson still cut Tom Bombandil.