They can't even spell "subtlety", can they?

They can't even spell "subtlety", can they?

>Have you tried not being a mutant?

Singer and Snyder are the masters of capeshit subtlety.

>Remember, Hank. Mutant and Proud!
Fuck, I JUST got it.

What did he mean by this?

How would you portray the situation of saying they were never asked? It's a common phrase.

Something I've noticed is when they ARE subtle, the people who do notice are told they're reaching or looking into it too much. I'm not talking about X-Men specifically, just any story.
Why do they need to be subtle?

To avoid triggering people

Wasn't he thirsty for JLaw though?

I seriously can't remember. Even the Marvel movies puts out are so fucking forgettable.

I don't understand

Mutants being used as a metaphor for LGBT people. The US army used to kick people out if they found out someone was gay, a policy which was called Don't Ask Don't Tell.

The allegory kinda falls apart with Rogue though. Storm didn't get the message that it's not a 1 to 1 comparison so she suddenly starts spouting "You should be proud you kill people on contact. It's who you are!"

He was to a degree but he'd rather be st...er nonmutant than fuck her. That or he was just interested in her mutant ability because she's apparently not just a shapeshifter in the movies, she does it on a completely genetic level which is why sentinels can recreate powers and it can affect the xgene.
Actually it sort of works best for Rogue since with proper training she can touch people and is effectively one of the most powerful mutants.

By saying "you never asked". It IS a common phrase; adding in the rest makes it a blatant jab at a law that was repealed years ago.

To be fair, it's an analogy that makes more sense than equating mutation with race.

There are people so young here they don't know what Dont Ask, Dont Tell is. What the fuck.

How so?

It's just more time-relevant. Unless that's what you mean.

Not really.

Or there people so not american here they don't know what don't ask, don't tell is.
How so?

The Beast/Mystique romance is one of the poorest aspects of the prequel trilogy. It feels extremely half-baked and borderline inconsequential.

Comes on around puberty which is usually when you start figuring out what you want to fuck, can be hidden unlike race so some want to be open and others not or can't be. Kind of falls apart with the Martin/Malcolm thing but then again being gay doesn't make you shoot fucking punch energy out of your face.

>implying it doesn't feel great to do this pose when there's a delicious breeze
>imagine how good it would feel as a depowered Kryptonian soaking up yellow sun

Mmmm, feels good man.

Well, with races, you know your kid is gonna be at least half your race.

With homosexuality, it doesn't matter if no one in your family was gay, your kid still could be. There's that paranoia there. Being gay is also kept under the hood, like a lot of mutations.

Half of the mutants can't conceal it (like Blacks) and the other half can but choose not to (like Gays).

I think it just works as an umbrella term for minority, really. You can pick and choose which one, the general struggles are similar.

Speaking of it, can two mutants have a non-mutant kid? Is it heriditary? (apart from the mutation part itself, that can happen in the embryo, if their parents aren't mutants themselves)

>Speaking of it, can two mutants have a non-mutant kid? Is it heriditary? (apart from the mutation part itself, that can happen in the embryo, if their parents aren't mutants themselves)

I don't think that there's a consistent ruleset between writers for how mutation works, honestly.

I don't think the movies ever touched on if she had the potential to control it. I got the impression it was like Cyclops or Beast who also can't control their powers. Beast comes to terms with his powers but Cyclops still only trains in accuracy rather than the ability to look at things without needing red glasses.

What good is subtlety? Most lunkheads in the audience would just miss it.

It's the sad truth we must face. Like pointing out how Michael Bay makes garbage but seeing how much dosh he rakes in as a result.

It's only been five years come September, it was still in effect when First Class came to theaters. More likely they're just not American.

DADT was actually something of a compromise on the already-extant ban. Prior to it, the military could ask a recruit or serviceman if they were gay and even had military police on the lookout for servicemen patronizing gay bars or other known hookup spots. Servicemen caught engaging in homosexuality could face both dishonorable discharge and prison time (in the '60s, the only way to avoid prison was to name five other homosexuals). DADT removed that ability from recruiters and officers, but maintained that servicemen could also not "tell", which is to say not be openly gay in any way and could still face less-than-honorable or dishonorable discharge if caught engaging in homosexual acts or relationships.

>>>/tumblr/

>le michael bay is bad maymay

>implying superman hasn't been drenched in jesus and god imagery

It's not even the first time in movies.

That can be said of MOST of the aspects of First Class. We hardly have any time to get attached to anyone that isn't Magneto, Charles or Mystique but we're expected to feel hurt when they die or defect. Funny enough I was hurt when they killed a guy we probably weren't supposed to give two shits about. CIA director guy was a refreshing breath of a nonmutant character that liked Mutants without having been inside or entered by one.

DADT wouldn't even be repealed for over four months after First Class hit theaters, and over a week after it hit home video.