DREDD 2

>At his panel at Denver Comic Con, when asked a rather snidely worded question about if he would do a sequel to ‘Dredd’ even if it was poorly written just for the money, Karl Urban revealed some very interesting information for fans.

>Well, after he quipped that he did need a new house, he revealed the information:

>Yes. ‘Dredd 2′ is in development.

>You heard that right. Or at least, they are developing the story for it. After that, they are determining the right platform, be it Netflix, Amazon, a TV Series, or another movie.

>‘Dredd’ was a movie made in 2012 starring Urban about a character who acts as judge, jury and executioner in a future dystopian megacity. It also features Lena Headey (Cersei, ‘Game of Thrones) as the antagonist, a drug lord named Ma-Ma. It is currently rated “fresh” on rotten tomatoes.

>The issue is, Urban explained, is that there had been no awareness for ‘Dredd‘ when it came out. Making a sequel to the film is an uphill battle because the movie did not do great at the box office, so a sequel was sort of written off. However, once people knew about it, the DVD sales went through the roof which proved there was an audience for it. It just had to be reached.

>Urban added that there is an interest from established creatives and that he would do the sequel if he felt it had depth and substance.

sciencefiction.com/2016/06/20/denver-comic-con-2016-karl-urban-confirms-judge-dredd-2/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Yes. ‘Dredd 2′ is in development.
Fucking kill me.
The shittiest adaptation of Judge Dredd. WHY?
Why make a shitty sequel to what was already a shitty fucking movie?

>The issue is, Urban explained, is that there had been no awareness for ‘Dredd‘ when it came out.
THAT'S A FUCKING LIE.
The issue is that the fucks who made it DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY WERE DOING.

I don't know if you're late or what, but several sources including Urban have commented that all of this was blown wildly out of proportion. Dredd 2 is not currently in development.

Thank fucking god.
THANK YOU.
Christ.

What was wrong with it?

Ugh! inorite? Why not just make another marvel movie instead!

He literally tweeted today that a sequel has made no progress in development.

Urban is a terrible casting decision. He can't act and he doesn't have the build for the character. Mega City was just LA with a fucking CGI wall and CGI Blocks. Citizens where dressed in modern clothing and fucking hoodies. Cars with fucking wheels. Its like nobody fucking read the comic. Dredd breaking the law by passing Anderson after she failed the test. No satire in the movie WHATSOEVER. Slow motion shoehorned into the plot so that they could over use it. FUCKING HOCKEYPADS.

Go wash your mouth out, having taste that shit is not allowed

And then the shit head of a director has the nerve to say he wants the Dark Judges in a sequel.
Fucking how? You made your shitty movie so grounded in a more realistic setting that fucking demons and ghost would completely shift the tone!
The whole fucking thing was a mess of people just desperately trying to make a quick buck off a dusty franchise.

Eat shit, fuck head.

You had the outlandish uniforms and motorcycles, set against a perfectly plain and non-stylized backdrop of urban decay. It's like the Judges are escapees from an entirely different and more lively movie.

They made a comic book movie as non-comic book as anything that's ever been adapted. And when you drain all the comic book out of Judge Dredd, you just have "Le Angry Cop Movie #2534" now with silly costume.

You either make Dredd full fabulous or you just don't make it. No mutants, no cyborgs, no thanks.

It deservedly lost money.

>Dredd breaking the law by passing Anderson after she failed the test.
Dredd has broken the law numerous times throughout the comic though.

>Dredd breaking the law by passing Anderson after she failed the test.

She didnt fail though. Its down to his discressions if she passes or fails. He passed her on merit.

Yes, but this is the first fucking movie in what they wanted to be a series!
One of the core themes of Judge Dredd is that he obeys the fucking law.
If you start a story with him breaking the law you are telling the audience that he doesn't really give a shit.
Instances of Dredd breaking the law in the comics are spread far apart from each other YEARS apart in terms of publication.

Dredd was a pretty poor adaptation but a remarkably serviceable action film. The slow motion got really fucking old real fast though. And the justification for the female lead not wearing a helmet was paper thin. Doesn't really deserve a sequel, but rarely does that matter.

>She didnt fail though. Its down to his discressions if she passes or fails.
No it is not.
Losing your weapon is an automatic failure.

5th Element is a better film than Dredd on every conceivable level.

He didn't show his face so by defult it's the best adaptation. Also everyone (including stallone) aside from the Judge Dredd director wanted it to be a action / comedy pg 13 so at least urban wasn't actively trying to take to a shit on judge dredd.

YES! A million times yes.

>No mutants
Someone wasn't paying attention.

Anderson never wears a helmet in the actual comics m8

>The slow motion got really fucking old real fast though
The slow motion was artistically the best part of the film in how they used it to tell a story.

Who let Sup Forums in here?

Which he can overide if he wants. He could even easily write it off as an offensive maneuvre.

>No it is not.
>Losing your weapon is an automatic failure.
She was not suppose to be a candidate. The fact is the government WANT her to pass, and told him so. They just need him to give the okay to officially let her through. Thus regulated failure doesn't matter here; Dredd was outright informed that his personal judgement and more importantly, approval, is what is being sought here. The regulations have already been wavered, and not his concern. His only job is to determine if she would make a good Judge.

>suddenly le contrarian memester shitting on based dredd 3d threads

He's also conveniently ignoring they ignored the rules for her to get that far in the first place as she didnt even technically pass the exams to get to that point.

The law is bent by the judges all the time. They are fucking faschists essentially.

I've been shitting on the movie since it came out faggot.
In fact, the day it came out on DVD and Bluray I went to walmart and bought these.

>this level of autism
But whatever fag, just don't choke on your own saliva when you sleep tonight.

>i unironically liked Stallone Dredd

What was peoples problem with it OTHER than the fucking helmet thing? Stallones stated he wanted to keep it on but executives refused.

It was comic booky, adapted tons of characters well, had am ABC crossover robot, attempted to do the big shoulder pads justice. Some amazing lines and good action.

"Hey look at me! I'm a hipster and I hate everything!"

Why are all Judge Dredd fans pretentious edgelords who talk like retarded twelve year olds?

It also had this: youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U

It must be illegal being this bloody stupid

I think that this is where I draw the line. This board is beyond redemption.

Great design of everything but if DREDD 2 has the budget of this to get Mega City One perfect with the grittiness of DREDD 3D, I'd be all for it.
Hell, the JUDGE DREDD video game for SNES and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive was better than the 1995 movie.

The back and forth is amazing.

You killed innocent people!
A means to an end.
You started a massacre
I started a revolution!

Its fucking great.

If you cut out every bit of Schneider and put a helmet on Stallone there'd literally be nothing for faggots to complain about.

Doesn't he ride into the sunset with his waifu at the end?

Makes me wish the Blu-ray for '95 JUDGE DREDD had some high quality deleted scenes.
Why not let Richard Jackson direct a Judge Dredd movie?

No he immediately goes back on the street to patrol then drives out and looks over the city. HIS city.

>if you take out all the bad parts the movie would be good

So you admit you faggots only have two issues with the whole fucking movie?
A single character and a single piece of costume.

>Why not let Richard Jackson direct a Judge Dredd movie?
Its not like that'll ever fucking happen thanks to these hacks.
People are going to look at the franchise and say either "Well it flopped so there's no interest" or their going to keep pushing for a shitty sequel.
We could've had a chance at someone else adapting it but the fucking retarded fans have their tongues up Urban's asshole.

No, there are more problems with it then that. I was just pointing out how stupid that line of thinking is. I mean, all bad movies would be good if you replaced the bad parts.

They should make it entirely a Judge Anderson Psi Files movie.

I really wanna see the Necro Judges and the crazy shit bananas things from the awesome storylines the SJWs would have a shitfit over. Cause Judge Dredd would know how to handle them.
20 years in the Cubes.

I want an entire movie of Anderson reading the mind of a hot lesbian inagining having sex with her.

I wonder how the dark judges would look in the movieverse style though.

Full CGI?

12 years of cubes for giving me false hope, perp

>Necro Judges
>Forgot they're really called Dark Judges.
Well shit.

I'd go more Del Toro/The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and do practical as much as possible and CGI enhancements where needed. Forced Perspective too.

Yes!! I love Captain Falcon

I don't understand what dystopian means anymore. The present is dystopian from a certain point of view. So was every point in the past.

Sincerely the first time I read people on Sup Forums shitting on the movie.
God damn.

I just got a 3D 55" television this week and finally my purchase of Dredd in 3D several years ago has payed off. It was great.

Are there any other great 3D movies?

Native or Converted?

>Are there any other great 3D movies?
Well, based on how you enjoy Dredd 3D you'd probably also enjoy Michael Bay's Transformer movies and James Cameron's Avatar.

Avatar was alright if you try to ignore the fact that the protagonist's solution to screwing over 1000 aliens was to screw over billions of humans and doom both species to extinction. You should feel bad about your Transformers suggestion.

Native. So no Clash of Titans or Avengers please.

>Judges are fucking fascists
Defamatory language and attitude toward Justice Department personnel.
One year.

>Libellous post in a public forum regarding Mega-City One administration.
6 months.

>Breach of the peace
I'm feeling generous, so rather than community service I'm going to give you an extra six months to get better aquainted with your bleeding heart cell mates, creep

Hold on, that belly wheel: how wide are those rims? That's a health and safety concern. Wouldn't want to see you or another citizen injured.
2 years.

A wagon will be along shortly to transport you to the iso-cubes. Put your hands behind your head and don't move until someone can pick you up.

Have a nice day, citizen.

Hockey pad babywhiner shows up every Dredd thread.

TRON: Legacy, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and PROMETHEUS.

>cell mates
Then in what way is it an isocube? I thought it was a cube where one is isolated.

Yeah, but that game was fucking good. Satisfying to complete too.
>Dat post-movie material with the muties and the Dark Judges

Did you see any advertisement for the movie?

Most I heard was it getting an airing spot on WWE.

Good to see you've been reading the Book of Law, citizen. You'll get a cube with a view.
Drokk, they're onto me. I better get out of here before I'm arrested for impersonating a judge

I could write a better Dredd movie.

I fucking love the JUDGE DREDD game. Dredd vs Death wasn't bad either.

The fact you are on Sup Forums disproves that.

Is that a challenge?

If you could write you would be doing that, making money and doing coke off a striper instead.

There is literally nothing wrong with the Dredd movie. It has better action scenes and cinematography then Nolans DKR. I regret choosing DKR over Dredd to watch.

You're delusional if you think that good writing is all it takes to become successful.

>It has better action scenes and cinematography then Nolans DKR.

Well then prove it, write a Dredd script.

This might be the most tryhard contrarian thing I've read here.

Fine. I'll start it tonight.

Him passing her wasn't illegal whatsoever, it's a discretion call on his part. She helped him take down fucking Ma-Ma. That's worth a pass.

Bane?

>I am Iron Man.
Movies move faster than their comic source material because they don't know how many sequels they will get.

And thanks to that mentality, hopefully, Dredd will get none.

this

It's not like they are screwing it up with Dredd though. Dredd was already established to be a stickler about the law when he said "what's she doing in a uniform". We didn't need a full movie just to establish the way Dredd executes the law.

That said, I really like the Dredd comics where he is just busting creeps. I don't need plot progression. I really don't want to see Megacity 1 blown the fuck up.

Eh, shit.
Maybe we'll see a sequel in like, 4 years.
I just want to see Antje Traue as Judge Hershey and some Dredd crazyness straight outta the comics.

That's why a Netflix series seems like the best course. Obviously there is gonna be an overarching plot, but the beats between that would just be Dredd dispensing the Law.

If Dredd gets a series it need to be animated and it needs to have nothing to do with the shitty movie.
There is no way in fuck that a live action tv series for Judge Dredd would work unless its fucking HBO.

>Maybe we'll see a sequel in like, 4 years.
>Maybe we'll see a sequel made 8 years after the original

This is perfect casting.

An animated Netflix Dredd series? Animation costs a lot of money to be passable. It would no doubt suck ass. I'd prefer a live action series along the lines of Dredd.

Nah, it needs to star Urban and the rest of the cast from the movie. And hopefully the dark judges can just be re-written as corrupt judges that have begun taking over the underworld.

>Animation costs a lot of money to be passable. It would no doubt suck ass.
Have you watched the dog shit live action comic book tv series' that they make these days?
And those don't take place in a futuristic distopia.
Whatever an animated series could do, it'd be 100% guaranteed to be better than whatever live action shit they'd shove out.

Sad thing, isn't it?
I'm still waiting for Hellboy 3.

I know, right?
Since Warner was dumb enough for not casting her as WW, maybe she can do some good as Hershey.

She was great in Pandorum.
I too want HellBoy 3.

>inb4 a (you)