The Crew

>When Flame Princess drops the hottest rap of the year.
youtu.be/m3oG3u1b9L0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJwZIDaILrg
youtube.com/watch?v=g8aqAgtwqcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was both cool and cringe-y.

A step-up from her last song in "Bun Bun."

is the robot guy played by mc chris?

Nobody else cringe a little seen this?

it almost seems like Nepter is voiced by mc pee pants

Andy Milonakis

Neptr killed it.

>this is an Adventure Time storyboard

kek
I though Harold was dead

>Rapper FP + teen heartthrob PB

DRAWFAGS, PLEASE?

user, what you're doing is degenerate. I where you're going with this.

IT'S MY SHOW

Finn's falling off the wagon again.

After the last couple of bouts with Bandit Princess, he needed the sauce.

so they made her fatter

I think that's just the JNCO jeans, or some other type of baggy jeans.

Flame Princess & Neptr collaboration with Death Grips when?

>Death Grips
>I actually had to look up who they were

why is flame princess back

>white people
>rapping

>Having to look up Death Grips
wew lad
where have you been?

God, I hate when people who can't rap try to rap. Even as a joke, it's terrible. What's so funny about it exactly? Your lyrics aren't clever, your flow is whack, your beat is whack, and you always fall back on the same hacky "my name is..." rhyme that EVERY FUCKING RAP PARODY does.

Just no. You can't simply pass yourself as being bad at rap as entertainment. Stop it.

And you know what makes this sadder? A rap joke like this was hacky bad in the 90s and early 00s, when the fags writing this show would have seen how unfunny it is. They're recycling unfunny jokes from like 20 years ago. Goddamn, this pisses me off.

Cause the show needed some THICC

How are her clothes not catching fire?

MC peepants would merc.

Rap could've been alright but it sounds like something from burger King kids club.

Why does Jessica use such a monotone voice with FP?

I like how NOW you guys have caught on. Literally nobody even noticed she was wearing normal clothing in "Bun Bun," we all were too busy shouting
THIC
H
I
C
(not that I'm complaining)
There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children. Generally, yes this rap song won't hold up in comparison to actual rap songs produced, but you should already inference that when it's roughly 20 seconds long.

Man I haven't watched this in a while, but the show seems to have gone pretty downhill.

Season 6 is the lowest point. The episodes for season 7 are fairly on par with the rest of the series. That is if you take off your nostalgia goggles.

>There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children.
Yes, and I remember being one, and not laughing even slightly at bad rapping in shows and movies.
Kids are smarter than you give them credit for.
20 seconds too long. Either put some effort into the performance, or don't even bother. Why did they rap so so, if what they had to say wasn't funny or clever in the slightest? They could have covered up whack lyrics with a quick delivery.

You're confusing humorous with entertaining. The song is meant to entertain the viewer, not necessarily knock them dead.

I haven't posted all night until you came along said this shit. Get out.

Entertain in what way though? I was just using "funny" as a quick reference to an entertaining feature. What what other way could it be entertaining? Like I said, the lyrics weren't clever. no entertainment value three. The beat was lame. No entertainment value there. The flow was poor. No entertainment value there. Lack of irony or self awareness. No entertainment value there. Tell me, in what way was that performance entertaining?

>my opinion is an objective fact

>Get asked for your opinion.
>Too afraid to offer one, because you know it's shit.

I liked the way FP moved on the stage. The animation was actually really cool

>There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children
Can you not use this as a excuse for a bad written joke rap joke are almost always cringe inducing escenes look at the nuPPG. my niece was watching the show and at the moment they star raping she try to look away change the chanel of embarassment, i thing she just have her first cringe

Not denying that the song is subpar with what real musicians dish out. But you're ignoring the point. It's meant to entertain children, not you.

Your animation standards are pretty poor, yo.
It was really just standard moves you would see from any rap performance in the last 25+ years. Much of the movement jerked around in a time-saving fashion.

I didn't ignore that point. Maybe you should reread my posts. That's not necessarily a valid criticism.
And to add, we're on a site that is supposedly browsed by adults. So to think I would hold your tastes to the same standards as children wouldn't make much sense, would it?

>Anecdotal fallacy

>reading comprehension
I'm not saying hold your taste to the standard of children on an adult board. I'm telling you judging material meant for children in an adult fashion is pointless.

I was just wondering the same thing.

Same reaction, trash flow, trash lyrics, trash pronunciation, trash delivery, cliche ironic 90's style.
Seriously the 90's rap cliche is so oveerused in cartoons.

>stop watching AT
>think about starting where I left off
>see this

i just tell you that a child find a rap scene really cringe inducing after you tell me that the materail is for children. believe most children find rap scenes cringe

>the opinion of one individual is the opinion of every individual in that age group

Keep watching, there's more to this episode than just rapping. I made the thread out of satire; I know AT fans dislike Phoebe rapping.

>I'm not saying hold your taste to the standard of children on an adult board.
And yet, here we are, on an adult boaard, discussing a children's cartoon, watched by adults, and their opinions on the material. Using the excuse "It's a kid's show", gets us no where, It's a pointless argument.

>I'm telling you judging material meant for children in an adult fashion is pointless.
No, that's retarded, because kids ingest the entertainment that adults produce. If you feed kids shit entertainment, "because they're kids", then you put off the kids who have taste, and you lower the standards for kids who don't have tastes. You're also giving them bullshit to look back on unkindly. Kids who grew up with the Simpsons in the 90s look back on the Simpson fondly, they recognize it was smart entertainment that appealed to both children and adults. There are concepts in the show that helped developed people's sense of humor to an advanced level.

Yes the show, because we enjoy it. A song? That's 23 seconds? Holding THAT to an adult standard is pointless. Adventure Time IS a cleverly written show despite being made for children. The same can be said for 90's Simpsons. But judging the theatrical aspects such as a minor song with the same standard is ludicrous. If Adventure Time was as badly written as the song, we wouldn't be discussing it here. Adventure Time can appeal to all ages. That minor song is meant to entertain children, not appeal to their adult fan base; children is their priority, not you. Watching childish shows doesn't hinder the ability for a child to mature. Adults have shit-taste, taste is a preference not an objective fact. Just because an adult made it doesn't it adult material. Have you never seen TTG?

when did Flame Princess get so fat?

It's just the wideness and fabric of the jeans she's wearing. Makes her look fat.

bun in the oven

Not the same user but, nobody is saying that AT is bad written nobody even is saying that this whole episode is bad written just this cringe rap joke thet probably not even children enjoy

Children don't look that deep into lyrics, they care more about how a song sounds. They won't even get the overused joke of the stereotypical 90's gangsta rapper.

Now get ready for a bunch of neckbeards singing "covers" on youtube.

>That minor song is meant to entertain children, not appeal to their adult fan base; children is their priority, not you.
You keep saying "it's for children, it's for children", as though that phrase has some inherent meaning to it. Which you never bother to actually explain. Because it's a bullshit statement that you can't back up. "It's for children" means nothing. Because a child would be equally, if not MORE entertained, by a better performed and written joke. A child is not going to be less entertained if the song was better performed.

Just because something is made for kids, doesn't automatically justify poor quality.

>they care more about how a song sounds
Well the show failed at making the song sound appealing too.

>my opinion is fact

>My opinion that it sounds good is fact
>Your opinion that is sounds bad is opinion.

>this autism over rapping in a kids show
seriously drink bleach

why did they have her dress like Kanye West circa 2004 ?

Th simpsons were making fun of bad rapping so far back as the mr plow episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=NJwZIDaILrg
THAT'S how hacky that rap is. At least the simpsons was self aware enough to shit on it though. That's what made it entertaining.

And here's fred and barney in a fruity pebbles commercial without an ounce of irony, from 1992. youtube.com/watch?v=g8aqAgtwqcU

Can you see just HOW BAD this joke is? How far back it goes to being cringe.

>a child isn't going to be less interested if it is written better
So there's no point? Now you see mine.
And I'm telling you that saying something is shit, when it isn't trying to be good in the first place is a waste of time. I did explain it if you would choose to actually read what I'm saying. The show is written well, and it is enjoyable. Why else do we discuss it? If a show was shit, we wouldn't care for it, and it would get threads here filled with discussion. I am not denying the fact that the song a shit. But it wasn't trying to be good in the first place. What are you getting so upset about?

This is one weird episode of Arthur.
But man, I used to look forward to AT non-instrumentals. That was long ago.

Whatever, man. You can keep to your train of thought. Sorry for actually having expectations. Sorry for actually treating children like thinking human beings who can tell the difference between shit and quality entertainment.

>I'm the target audience
>my opinion matters
I'm open for discussion, but insessantly pushing your opinion on how shit the song is truly a waste of time. It isn't meant to be good. Children arent even going to get the joke. That's like getting mad at subliminal messages.

I'm I being trolled? I'm too new to Sup Forums. I'm typically a Sup Forums guy. So I don't know if you're sincerely this retarded, or if this is crazy troll logic to fuck with newfags.

Kanye rocking the Chris Chan look a few years early.

>implying they can
user, children, children, not pre-teens, not teenager, nor adults. Children do NOT comprehend things like adults do. That's an objective fact no matter how much you will try to dance around that. The songs in this episode are going to be nice sounding songs, not something deep. There isn't a point, the bigger question is if they would even be capable. Rebecca Sugar was the writer that brought meaningful songs to Adventure Time, she isn't involved in this episode. I'm not saying have no expectations, but don't have yours so fucking high that you are expecting something from an actual musician producing music.

>hi I'm from reddit
>not contradicting my argument
Summer came too quickly. It would help you better to map out your argument, and show specifically your points to it, rather than resort to ad hominem.

How hard is it for one of the biggest cartoon series in the world to hire a fucking musician for like 8 bars?

How hard is it to TRY and write something good? They didn't try at all. The song sounds like shit. It's not even the type of rap kids listen to today. If they were really trying to appeal to the kids, then why did they use a lyrical style from the 80s?

Children DO have tastes, you just have to expose them to it. You show them something of quality, and then show them shit, and they will get which one is better.

I don't. That seems like a really stupid generalization, or rather, a really stupid thing to get hung up on.

>Adventure Time is one of the greatest shows in the world
Wew lad, you forgot your citations. So far in season 7 Adventure Time is averaging 1 million viewers. I suggest you take this shoe off the pedestal.
>implying Children have taste
>Waffles has 3M views
Children judge a song based on how well a song sounds and it's cachyness. Maybe the rap today isn't very clean? And it's easier to use the 80's format clean rap. If its portrayal wasn't appealing, they wouldn't be using it. This is CN. You're trying to imply that taste is an objective fact. That's purely preference. There's no such thing as "good" taste.

Well than what was I supposed to get from this?

>shoe
show*

>There's no such thing as "good" taste.
>But CN has the magic formula that appeals most to kids, and it was all crafted to make the most appealing rap, despite this notion going against my own statement that Adventure Time isn't a popular show.

>I also don't know what numbers mean, and think that 1M ratings is bad.

>I also don't know what numbers means, and think that 1M ratings makes hiring musicians literally unaffordable.

>I also don't know how to read and thing that "biggest" is synonymous with "greatest"

>what I prefer is fact and anybody else that prefers something I don't like is wrong
>not explaining your argument
So because CN decides ultimately what airs, based on experience and studies what children in the age groups they dominate prefer to watch, means that using an outdated format of rap shouldn't be used? Who are you to make that decision?
>implying AT is even close to one of the largest cartoons
>implying is it necessary to hire an actual musician to write the songs
You said that a child isn't going to be less interest if they are exposed to something written better. This doesn't mean they are going to be more, so there's no point in wasting money.
>1M rating total means that this show is the biggest in the world
>meanwhile Gravity Falls averaged 3-4 million
>meanwhile The Loud House is getting 3-4 million.
1M is nothing to be proud of.

This thread made me think it would be monster shit.

It wasn't, but it couldda been a lot better. Fucking hell what is Flame Princess wearing though? Shit does not look good on her.

2-3 million* for The Loud House

They should've gone with something more fire like. It doesn't really make sense for someone made of fire to be able to wear denim, but ya' know, cartoon logic. Whoever designed the outfits for this episode is beyond redemption. Marceline dressed in a nun dress, and Bonnibel looks phallic. Marceline's song better make up for this.

You saw a post about a guy who stopped watching Adventure Time and figured he represented AT fans?

No I saw a post about a guy who wanted to start watching it again, only to be convinced not to after watching the youtube clip. I was telling this guy to keep watching.

>You said that a child isn't going to be less interest if they are exposed to something written better. This doesn't mean they are going to be more
Objectively wrong. All of the most popular children's music has writers and producers. Even if it is their job to make schlock.

Well then I guess it's a good thing Phoebe and Neptr's rap isn't trying to be.

What time should the talkback be made? Morning tomorrow? Or afternoon about an hour or two before the episode airs? I feel like the latter.

You hurt your own argument when you claim Adventure Time isn't a big show. Because perhaps they would be bigger, if they took the effort to try.

About an hour or two before the episode airs, make sure to put the ep name in the subject line. That's about when everyone needs to be reminded and get suitably hype, and this episode seems like it could be hype

Anyone else hate flame princess as a character?

You really have nothing more to say. How does that hurt my argument. And it means nothing if it "could have." Any show "could have" if they did something else/different.

She's okay. I just dislike the fact that a teenager can run a kingdom without any training or experience. But ya' know.

I don't hate her character, I'm just not all too fond of what they've done with her. Like, out of all the characters, besides PB I suppose, she's the only one who's kind of too serious for the setting.
Which is why I like that they're trying to liven her up a bit.

Why is her fit so dated?
When was the last time these people looked up a rapper?

2000s rap nostalgia has been going on for awhile

besides, for a kids show, dressing like MF DOOM is way safer than dressing like Nikki Minaj

I used to ship fubblegum hardcore which is why I "hate" her lmao, but before they tried to develop her character I just saw her as purely being finn's girlfriend/how they rushed their relationship was boring