Power Rangers #4

Bryan Cranston is playing Zordon in the new Power Rangers movie.
Let's celebrate by reading MMPR #4

>tfw mods deleted the Power Rangers movie thread last night even while idiots were claiming it was allowed on Sup Forums
Feels good famalam

i am for this just so when the dvd hits i can YTP shit in from breaking bad

Alpha! We need to cook!

i haven't read this yet, but holy shit seeing those madonna esque traffic cone boobs is HILARIOUS

San Francisco? What happened to Angel Grove?

I like the individual zords getting to fight. There's not nearly enough of that in MMPR/Sentai.

This was actually pretty fucking awesome.

Who the hell is this guy?

You might as well add the Pink comic here as well.
New guy I think? He looks badass though.

Rita actually attacks places other than Angel Grove in this series. The Pink mini takes place in France, for example, while the rangers are busy in space.

Well. Thats fun.

They're in space? As in, like, Power Rangers In Space?

No, Mighty Morphin after Kim and the others fuck off and get replaced. They're just out in space fighting Zed.

Power Rangers movie would be either /m/ or Sup Forums.

What happened to Adam?

looks like knifehead and the main jeager from Pacific Rim had a baby

This comic features the original cast.

>Zedd

Awwww, I like him more than Rita...but then that would mean no Dinozords or Green Ranger, so its a double edged sword, I guess...

The series has been surprisingly good. I expected it to be more like the other MMPR comic Boom! was putting out.

Does this have any connection to the currently running Pink solo?

Goldar's acting on his own in the Pink mini.

Possibly the same continuity, but no solid connection.

Not really. Pink is set after Kim leaves the team, so they're pretty independent.

Pink is set years later during the Zedd era. Late season 3, after Kim leaves.

Possible
Glad someone else thinks so. This chapter was probably my favorite that has been released so far.

I'm also digging it. It's about what I want PR to be. I don't want it to be gritty and dark, but I do want it to skew older than the original series. It's found a good spot. Hopefully it keeps up.

It's honestly hard to keep that balance without altering the characters. I've read a few fics where people have tried to edge everything up. You usually either you end up with these wholesome characters who are in a nightmare scenario or they're the Rangers in name only who spend a lot of time cursing, being hyperviolent, or banging when no one's looking.

I remember one that had the reveal that Zack, Jason, and Trini REALLY left because they realized that the putties were basically monsters with the minds of children and weren't really evil because Jason saw one drawing a bunny in the dirt. And they didn't tell anyone else because that'd ruin it for them. It was hilariously awful.

You've gotta have that balance. Just the right updating.

>You usually either you end up with these wholesome characters who are in a nightmare scenario or they're the Rangers in name only who spend a lot of time cursing, being hyperviolent, or banging when no one's looking.

Or Agony in Pink.

Yeah, completely agreed. I think this comic is striking a good balance. There's drama between the characters. But they aren't swearing or completely breaking up, just having some team-building issues while facing tough threats. And it's still early, so characters like Zack haven't been given much spotlight to showcase their character, but it's positive.

I've basically always wanted an adaptation of Power Rangers for the CW. The stuff they do is about the level I want for a PR series (granted, CW has to add all that melodrama that can go overboard).

Falls under nightmare scenario.

>tfw no Lost Galaxy comic

The CW would probably look at Kimberly and have her constantly hopping between Jason and Tommy.

Actually. Is Zack missing his finger in this? Or did the artist skip that?

Rekt

My favorite page.

Holy shit, they're fighting an Evangelion!

I want them to introduce Ivan Ooze. After Zed of course.

Any glorious user wants to storytime the pink mini?

I think there's only one issue out.

what the fuck is up with the monsters! they are nothing like power rangers

>Power Rangers movie
Whuh? Let's have a
>...
Those suits look fucking awful.

He's Season 2

Context

Way too busy, way too generic.
Reminds me of the shittier alt-armours in XCOM, except more overdesigned.

bump

Yes! I was just thinking when i picked this up today that this comic hasn't had this moment yet. This is amazing.

Agreed. I look forward to it more than almost anything else month to month. It's been quality so far, better than the original show.

The thing I hate most of all are the blue accents. You can't have a uniform color accent when all the characters are different colors, that;s why in the show the accent was a neutral white for every season.

bump

I wish, I can't think of the last time they allowed a Toku thread that wasn't a general on /m/. We just slum around in /wsg/ to post Webms

Power Rangers Boom studios?
I have the numbers that come out for the Papercutz, they lost the rights?

I guess so.

They remind me of the guyver suit. I think it's because of the glowing chest part.

bump

I can't remember this team locking up their enemies in pocket dimensions. They tended to just try to kill them all.