Why russians play the half life franchise so much?

why russians play the half life franchise so much?

Because it's good

Should they not?

Eh? What we left behind years ago are their favourites. I guess the games are cheaper and affordable for them. I know pc games piracy is big in Russia.

If you don't have the Half-Life franchise in your steam account then you don't have a soul

Because it's a fucking master piece.

>tfw want to make a HL2 mod but valve FUBAR'd source sdk

because it can run on the absolute shit computers, and source engine games can easily be pirated

hl2 worked on my old computer that literally only had 128mb of ram

because city 17 reminds them of home

/thread

It’s a good game.

Never played твн. Had pc since 1994.

>why russians play the half life franchise so much?

What is this, 2007?

WINSTON'S BEEN HIT

That must look weird to a Russian to read HLLF LIFE

Just how stupid do you think we are?

You tell me, slavnigger

What the hell that's rude
See, I can't call you a nigger because you maybe a french soldier on a mission in Africa

Best series of games and easy to run as well as cheap. The setting of Half Life 2 and the episodes being east Europe I would imagine appeals to the Slavic mind.

>central
>african
aXAXAXAXXXAAXAXAXAxaxaxaaAXXaax
>republic

half life 2 and it's episodes are the god tier games
i recommed checking out Black Mesa, it's remake of first Half Life and it's glorious

because it runs on every post soviet shitbox and gmod alone can entertain you for years

It's a fun game even if it is dated.

Half life is considered a cult classic everywhere, not just in russia.

thanks to the source engine updates, it never gets old
there is also valve-supported mod that improves the lighting

this game doesn't look like the modern FPS games obviously but it looks extremely good for a 2004 game

why do russians play this game?

What's wrong with it? The game is worth your time, sadly but some old russian x0.5 rate server got wiped a few years ago and we lost everything.
I would like to play l2 again but the game is dead right now.

But most Russians have decent computers. They can live in shitty commieblocks, but they will always have new smartphone, PC and a new Audi

Why do they play dota so much?

Why are there so many Russians streaming videogames with English titles for their channel but when you go into their stream they're speaking Russian and all their chat is speaking Russian and people get pissy at you for asking a question in English fuck your false advertising.

How is this possible with shitty salariee

WC3 was popular, so DotA1 was popular, so DotA2 became popular.
Stay mad.
Meme.

russian cr**ps

honestly tho only the original in 1996 was good, then the story got clobbered with stupid and stupid tech demos for shit once considered innovative nobody gives a fuck about anymore like physics and lighting engine

Lol yeah this, HL2 takes place in the baltics + the fringes of northwestern russia and the combine are basically bolshevism applied on an interdimensional scale

why are russians so gay?

explain that, smarty pants.

Because they're good games you dumb mutt