What went right?

What went right?

many of us saved a lot of money on Spider-Man comics ever since

Nice

MJ was a huge fucking nag and I'm glad the relationship is over. There were more feel-good stories written about the couple in the end months than were published for YEARS leading up to it. MJ would get pissed off at Peter and disappear for issues on end and cause drama all the time.

This. I literally haven't bought a Spidey comic since this went down. The only time I read his stories are during storytimes now.

And the sad thing is the vast majority of the last 10 years of stories could have easily worked with MJ still there.

>There were more feel-good stories written about the couple in the end months than were published for YEARS leading up to it
Except for that being bullshit since JMS literally was writing them as a loving couple for years and it was Howard Mackie's run beforehand that really fucked shit up.

The art was kind of nice, I guess?

I guess

>MJ was a huge fucking nag and I'm glad the relationship is over.
This.

Go to bed Queseda.

The Spider marriage was a detriment to a lot of readers, myself included, so I'm glad Spidey got a more traditional direction.

And Brand New Day was fucking awesome up to ASM #600 and the rest of the comics were awesome up to Big Time. Oh, and there were some cool Spider-Man comics since too, although there have been plenty of rough patches.

Get out Quesadilla.

Don't storytime that shit, we're trying to have a discussion. Create your own damn thread.

Fuck you.

Pete's dilemma of choosing between two loved ones, one who helps him to cling onto his past and not go out of his comfort zone and other who represents great possibilities for ever changing future is actually a decent dilemma.

Too bad about everything else.

MJ will never not be best girl.

>Except for that being bullshit since JMS literally was writing them as a loving couple for years and it was Howard Mackie's run beforehand that really fucked shit up.
Except for that being bullshit since JMS literally was writing them as broken up and bitter about it for years. JMS started at issue 30. It was will they/won't they nonsense drama till issue 50-something.

Read moar.

This.

And nothing of value really happened, outside of a couple rare good stories in the pre-slott era

This, howard mackie is an ass, he separated them with a shoehorned deus ex machiney donut stell who wasn't really explained well since he was just made up for mackie to fuck shit up

Everything. I mean who wants a comic book character to have strong character development and move him to a new era of their lives while introducing new problem instead of keeping him in the same status quo? Sure they could've introduce legacy characters to bring the classic high school feel while keeping Peter as a mentor and keeping his growth but you know he has that Parker luck. I'm sure no one imagines a future with Mayday Parker, Lucy Rand and Danni Cage being on a future Avenger right? Not me at least, nope I'm just happy the status quo didn't change and Spidey is the same

Honestly MJ/Pete were great in marriage before the clone saga. Or whenever Peters parents came back from the dead. Thats when the titles as a collective when to shit until JMS revived it.

SO we basically got good MJ for half the time she was married to Pete and bad MJ for the other half (clone saga, Mackie run)

Personally I can see why they wanted a single Spidey. I just hate that they had to use the fucking devil to do away with it. It would make sense if the rebooted it at Secret War to make Spidey single. Or some other reality spanning event before Hickman came up with that story since OMD is in 07 whereas SW came much much later.

Honestly I have no idea why marvel didnt use Secret War as a back drop to streamline its books. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

Fuck yourself with a chainsaw, Quesadilla.

>Brand New Day awesome
Top kek.

Oh, you were serious? You must save a lot of money on food because you obviously enjoy shit sandwiches.

OMD would have never happened if they hadn't kept pushing the youth angle in all the Spiderman cartoons that were coming out back in those days.
The public kept seeing images of highschool Spiderman/PeterParker and the comics didn't match up.
People kept asking; "When did Peter get so old? When did he get to be a dad's age?"
It was idiotic, the first Spiderman And The Amazing Friends cartoon way way back in the day was set in Peter's college years, and nobody was reading his marriage issue back then and griping about him being too old.
Mind you, if or if not the married life was a bad call isn't the same thing as what motivated OMD, the whole thing was only about Marvel not knowing how to write their teen superhero as an adult.
It was so stupid, through and through.
And afterword, after the retcon tried to turn the clock back, the complaints were all; "Why is Peter still living with Aunt May at his age?"

To give Dan Slott a job to destroyed Spidey even more

For making Spidey a man-slutt

Why not divorce? A tleast handle it more mature way.

Yeps - I haven't bought Marvel since.