ITT: We pitch and judge one anothers' screenplay

ITT: We pitch and judge one anothers' screenplay

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A movie about the Mariners 2001 season maybe would be cool. If you don't know anything about it,
>M's lost a bunch of amazing players and they were going to suck really bad
>Got a new player from Japan (ichiro) and no one knew if he would be good
>Ichiro is lead off in the first game
>Bunts and makes it to first(that's crazy)
>Mariners go one to break the American league record for most wins in a season.
>Go to play offs
>Crushing defeat
I think it'd be cool. Maybe focus on ichiro or something. And really hit that crappy end hard.

A man (acted by Johnny Depp) purchases a dog and falls in love with it and goes on adventures with the dog. The film is approximately 2 hours long.

Can I get greenlit with this?

That's basically Moneyball.

>small team
>amazing season
>same period

Well the A's we're good before. They played in the world series. They were supposed to be good. The mariners just had a few good players. They've never even been in the world series. That season was an amazing exception and led to a huge rally around the flag effect
Alternate way to tell story
>Same story
>The main character is an Japanese guy living in Seattle who loves baseball and is really into the asian leagues
>Ichiro peaks his interest and he goes to the first game and falls in love with the team and goes to every game he can
>The story is basically told through him going to the games and talking about it with his friends
>Idk maybe he's an immigrant and is struggling to make ends meet and finds hope in the courage the team shows as they fight for every Victory
I think it would be cool because there was always a large Asian population in Seattle but they never really became Mariner fans until ichiro came along even though baseball is big in Asia

I get how it might be interesting,I am just trying to look at it from a studio point of view. Moneyball was a good movie but it wasn't a blockbuster and it was made because of Brad Pitt's involvement. You would have to find some charismatic japanese guy to play Ichiro and the sad truth is no one is gonna watch a movie headlined by an asian guy. Your story would work better as a book.

>we throw away our ideas so jews can steal it for free

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

>no one is gonna watch a movie headlined by an asian guy

Ok. Here's a new pitch
Title: Produce
>Opens on a young man stacking heads of lettuce at 2am
>The top head rolls off the stack and hits the guy in the crotch
>Based on a true story of yesterday when I was at work

checked and kek'd

K I N O
I
N
O

It's about an autistic loser whose only outlet is a terrible internet forum about movies. Having been an outcast for his entire life, he is overly critical of almost everything and everyone else as a defence mechanism. One day he sees a video camera in the window of a store going for cheap and buys it. With this camera he begins trying to make short movies. Despite his passion for film and his abundant free time, he struggles to make a good movie. He comes to realise that the standards he holds things to are ridiculous, and he can better appreciate the work put into things that he previously would have shrugged off. Even though he fails to become a filmmaker, the experience makes him a better and more likeable person. He ends up getting a girlfriend and is very happy. That's the end.

alternate ending; she dumps him and he shoots up his old school

Okay,all we need know is to get a new jackie chan or make a 60 year old play a baseball player

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Would watch.

Title: Sisyphus
>The top lettuce rolls down
>As the main character places it back, another rolls down, only to be caught
>This repeats for 2hr 30 minutes
>Main character cannot stop because he's a min wage employee and doesn't want to lose his job
>Best picture Cannes 2018

This wouldn't happen if they were stacked in a pyramid style with each head sitting on top of two heads but the want one on top of each other and LETTUCE ISN'T SHAPED IN A WAY THAT MAKES THAT POSSIBLE WITHOUT HAVING EVERY SINGLE HEAD ON THE DISPLAY AT ONCE SO THEY HOLD EACH OTHER UP BUT ONCE ONE GETS TAKEN THE WHOLE THING FALLS APART

The new kid befriends a group of antisocial outcasts who hatch a plot to forever change the social balance of the school.

I've actually already written it and now just need fine tuning and other's input.

What's the title?

Is the dog CGI Andy Sirkus, an animated dog voiced by Alec Baldwin, or a chihuahua that speaks like Cheech Marin?

Unusually Grand Ideas. It's about teenaged depression and how attacking others you think have wronged you is wrong. Partially based on some of my experiences. I'd imagine it in the style of a Larry Clark film. Bully was a big influence on this.

NIGHTTIDE/KIDS-
Five teen actors starring in a gritty remake of a 90's kids horror TV show find their real lives haunted by the ghostly villain of the series, leading them to discover the dark past of the programme with the help from who remains of the original cast.

Switch "Villiain" to "Villains". All kids horror tv shows have one off episodes with a "monster" that's defeated by the end. Structurally it has to work that way.

>attacking others you think have wronged you is wrong
I hate this cliché

Douse he fuck the dog?