Should I live in Canada or Japan?

Should I live in Canada or Japan?

I could apply to teach english in Japan, or try to be an engineer in Canada. I'll be a loser in both countries, which country would it be more fun to be a loser in? I could also try going to Korea too.

If you've already lived in Canada your whole life, you'll obviously get new experiences if you fuck off to an Asian country

Stagnation is an insidious poison on the soul of a man and we live too long to spend the whole life in one place now

Whatever. You already are living in Asia

first

You should be an English teacher in Canada.

Do you love Japan

corea is the answer

im thinking when i apply to teach english in japan

ill make up some bullshit about how i want to become i high school teacher, and this would be good experience.

私は日本が大好きです。

The jury's out on whether or not you're loser in japan.

Or you can work a couple of years as an engineer and then save some money and move to japan and live somewhat comfortably while teaching before your late 20s assuming you're young right now.

Stay in Canada, it is basically part of asia now

well this one was posted first

thats a couple neighborhoods in Vancouver my american friend fuck bud

You should get out of this place before the boredom drives you insane. I'm gonna leave someday. Maybe I can go to Japan if I can find a job.

>being a loser without a cultural/language barrier
>being a loser with a cultural/language barrier

gee, where do I start? Also, Japan is for the Japanese.

what meanst thou

Lo que mi merced comunica ante vuestra presencia es que: Fuck off, Japan is full.

I actually have a fair bit of money even once I graduate school in about a year in a half.

Why does it matter if there's a language barrier or not, I'm a loser in both scenarios and not going to be spamming pussy in either country.

Then yeah go for it, just always have something to fall back on if it doesn't work out.

You could work as an engineer in Canada and help your country improve.
I have no idea if you have good relations with your family, but in my case I'd feel lonelier being a loser where I'll be the "different guy".
But if you have nothing to lose, study engineer, get a major in teaching and then move to Japan to teach/be a productive member of the Japanese society.

Thanks for the advice guys it's appreciated.

I apply to go this year, I hope I get in.

Why do you have to be a loser at all?

japan

The result is quite different depending on whether you are white or not.

Canada:
>Good weather
>Big open spaces
>Your home country
>FIrst world living conditions and welfare

Japan:
>Terrible, alien culture
>No open space
>Tiny flats
>Awful weather

I'm working on it.

I'm white.

not really
>english teacher

I walked to a store today and it was so cold my forehead was burning.

Even if many colored immigrants came to Canada, it is a white dominant state.
Colored races are discriminated, but Caucasians are not.
So it is advantageous to stay in Canada if it is a Caucasian.

In Japan, white people will feel alienated that if they live for decades, they will not be included in the framework of the Japanese even if they have nationality.
A race whose appearance is different regardless of how long it is treated is "foreigner".

Yes I understand that.

But what if the timeline isn't in the decads but just for a year or two. That is how the JET program is intended to function, and I don't have plans to permenantly move to Japan.

韓国か日本に来たいとか自殺願望でもあるようだな。

white english teachers are looked down on in japan as super losers, you'd be more respected if you worked at a mcdonalds over there

I hear the job market for teachers is pretty shit right now, at least here.

it is, i wouldn't want to be an english teacher

maybe if i like teaching i could become a math or science teacher with my engineering background

Why do you think you'll be a loser?

I think that it will be a pleasant life for foreigners who are short-term stayers.

engineer in canada
>respected
>well paid
vs
English teacher in Japan
>not respected
>shitty pay

The most contact you will have with a japanese girl, is the minors in your class that will only know you by gaijin-sensei.

> be a productive member of the Japanese society.
Foreigners are never going to be "part" of japanese society.
This is said by pretty much every blogger or foreigner living there.
You may go there, fail at learning japanese for 5 years, fail to make any serious relationships, and return to your country. Or just stay in canada and make a good living there, with an engineers pay. If the yellow fever is unbearable, just get a chinese girl. They shouldn't be too hard to get in canada, and a white guy with an engineering degree shouldn't have too much trouble.

Colored people are discriminated to some extent, but they do end up being part of the society. I don't think immigrants to american have anywhere near the same level of detachment as foreigners in japan do.

>You may go there, fail at learning japanese for 5 years, fail to make any serious relationships, and return to your country.

Ya I mean that's what this whole thread is about for me.

Is going to Japan and failing any fun? I feel like there's some chance it might be. I'm allowed to do it for only a year if I want.

You might lose your dignity which will send you into despair

>dignity
non existant

You might get a japanese girlfriend if you're lucky

I don't think so.
It's just going to break you even more.

I feel like japan is one of those places that you visit with friends, and just kind of ignore and be ignored by the rest of society. Just do visit the touristy places and then leave.

I don't think there is anything of substance that any westerner would want to do there.

Japanese society is very strict. I don't think strict is fun, and I don't think you want to be the creepy teacher that can't even communicate effectively with his students. You will be even more deprived of social interactions and fall deeper in this shit.

getting a jap girl is already hard enough. You can't expect an user to actually make it. You gotta be chad tier and white to make it.

Finding a Japanese girl is not difficult

Finding the Japanese girl is challenging, we are all looking for that special someone

>hard
lol, I didn't even try and got a japanese gf.

Are you japanese?
Are you white?

white

>Finding a Japanese girl is not difficult
Japan has very little mixing. I'm not saying its impossible, but their attitude to other races would definitely make things much harder than usual.

Also, how the fuck do you get over the language barrier? I call bullshit on people who claim to have good relationships when they don't speak a word of each other's language.

So, how did you do it? What do you do in japan?
Do you speak the language?

日本人です。あなたの質問に真面目に答えていいですか?

Take your country! If you are moving to Japan because of anime and asian gf memes, you are a lost case.

I met her one day trough some other people I knew in Japan and got drunk with her and some others and then she ended up in my bed, after that we went out.
I only speak a little bit Japanese and she doesn't speak English at all.
back then I was a tourist but now I'm studying here.

>oh and steer clear from rural Japan, stick to the big cities.

could you speak more about this? i was leaning the other way to have a more relaxed year.

>Don’t speak Japanese
>Residing in rural Japan

It’ll wreck you, but personally I’d recommend you to stay in Canada. Because they won’t allow you to stay anyway

do you mean allow me to go?

As in allowing you to stay in Japan

>fucks a guy she cant even speak to
she was a gaijin hunter slut

i think so too.

My japanese is good enough to talk with her

okay

basically we both have a stressful society and shitty over worked culture well you will meet racist as well here and south koreans don't like any people who are not koreans just stay in your chinese clay

The answer is China. Chinese girls will throw themselves at you if you have a US/CA/UK/AUS/NZ passport. Spent a little bit of time with a friend in Chengdu and I've never been with so many girls in a short amount of time. Food is pretty good too.

Never been to China before, I’m worried about the smog in China, how bad is it?

>made a thread about not having sex with girls
>thread becomes about having sex with girls

makes me think

Teach english in Japan for now, it will be an experience at least, and even when you go home and go back to trying to be an engineer, your value will have been raised among normies for having had an 'adventure.'

I haven't visited Japan so take this for what it's worth, but I'm an ugly white dude that's learned Japanese to an okay level. I am shocked how many messages I get from Japanese girls on chat apps and how excited they are to talk to me, and how flirty they are. I never got so much attention from american girls. I think the memes might be true

have you ever had sex before

私はなりすましではなく本当の日本人です。このスレッドにいる人たちはみんな真実を言っていると思います。
あなたが短期で日本に英語教師として働くのであればあなたは歓迎されるでしょう(特に異性から、ただしガイジンとして)
あなたが長期で日本での生活を希望するなら日本語が私たち日本人と同じぐらい流暢にしゃべれるようになり、なおかつ
日本独特の空気を理解できない
とかなり厳しく、永遠に日本人として扱ってもらえないと思います。
私が通っていた学校では英語の教師が何人もいました。しかし日本人として扱われるのは
中学生のころから日本に住んだことのある先生ただ一人でしたから。

in Tokyo or another city?

if you are accustomed to filthy toilets and filthy sanitary conditions china will not be bad but just be careful with thieves and scammers

I haven't been to Japan. I'm talking about 'language exchange' apps where you chat with girls. The girls are from all over Japan. Nothing to brag about I know, but it makes me think the memes are true

完璧な日本語を話して立ち振舞が日本人でも、外見が外国人なら日本人の魂を持っていないと無意識に思ってしまうわ

そういうことでちょっとがっかりしますけど、そういう気がしたんですよ
率直の意見ありがとうございます

Stayed outside of Chengdu proper and smog wasn't that bad, but the actual city does have some pretty shitty air. Would be okay with living there if I could speak mandarin or the local dialect properly.

Ya some toilets were pretty bad and parts of the city and the country do look third world as fuck. There's also a sort of... Smell idk how to describe it except for spicy wet garbage in some places

Ah, well that explains a lot. I’ve heard stories of people having resided in Tokyo for a couple of months before giving up due to solitude and isolation and returning home.

あと少し
都会と田舎についてですが、都会に住んでいる人は外国人に対する理解がありますが、田舎に住んでいる人は理解があまりありません。
これはガールフレンドに関してですが彼女がものすごい田舎育ちであった場合、彼女の両親は彼女があなたと結婚、交際することを了解しないかもしれません。(彼女がこれから日本で暮らしたいかカナダで暮らしたいか分かりませんが)
また日本人女性が男性に尽くすと思ったら大間違いです。(もしそうなら日本はここまで少子高齢化が進んでいません。)
あと韓国も日本もだいたい一緒です。
貴方にとって一番得なのは
いまの彼女と結婚し、カナダに戻りエンジニアとして生涯を送る
これにつきます。