What was the best episode of courage the cowardly dog? Which episodes left a lasting impression...

What was the best episode of courage the cowardly dog? Which episodes left a lasting impression? I've been rewatching it lately and it's really struck me just how good of a show it really was. I was really afraid it wouldn't hold up to the scrutiny of an adult me and that it was all nostalgia, but that's really not the case. I don't find anything as spooky as I did when I was a kid, but somethings are a bit disturbing or creepy. The creator and animators really just had nothing for love for the show.

Robot Randy is one that really got to me as a kid for some reason. Apparently his VA, who also voiced Speed Racer died.

I think everyone here probably remembers Dr. Zalost, that shit was crazy as a kid and is really touching.

My personal favorite might actually be the Nutcracker episode they did, I'm a sucker for action timed to music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVQ0niE_dSo
dailymotion.com/video/x2bthbi_courage-the-cowardly-dog-1042-freaky-fred_fun
youtu.be/GJ5sEwwDDRk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4ZU385-h8
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI
youtube.com/watch?v=2MVrZLbpn8k
youtube.com/watch?v=vOKYwnpe57A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=tVQ0niE_dSo

KING RAAAM-ZEEEEEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeZ!!!!
(The Man In Gauze! The Man In Gauze!)

dailymotion.com/video/x2bthbi_courage-the-cowardly-dog-1042-freaky-fred_fun

..NAUGHTY

It may not be the best, but I distinctively remember the Exorcist parody episode because it never fails to make me laugh really hard.

the flan episode made a big impact

(also fuck eustace. the more i rewatch the more i want him to die)

I bought the DVDs recently and remembered these two are two halves of the same 22 minutes.

For the life of me, I can't think of any other 11-minute show that paired together two above-god-tier episodes like that.

Eustace always gets his. There are times where he's not so bad. He's a pretty important element to the comedy since he can be the punching bag to an even greater extent than Courage.

WHAT'S YER OFFER

oh yeah, i agree

i guess i've gotten used to the current CN tendency to avoid including consistently *nasty* characters

I really loved how bizarre Zalost's tower was. None of the elements go together: a giant tower with tanks treads and robotic spider legs. Yet it works really well. That bit where it just comes over the horizon was amazing

Anyone else feel like this show had a real sense of openness to it like even though we saw so much of the world it felt really big and spacious for some reason? anyone kinda get what I'm trying to say

Also a lot of what made this show for me was the music. Each song is so unique and you'd be hard pressed to find a common link between them. Part of what I didn't like about some much later episodes was whenever they reused songs. Like how they had the accordion music from the great fussili in that kite man episode. It's not like Katz theme where he's recurring, kite man was his own thing

Some of my favourite songs are Zalost's theme, Katz theme, King of flan's theme and the great fussili

Are you saying that it felt like the was a big, fleshed out world outside of nowhere, then yes.

>user.
>It would be lovely
>If I could have
>a cup
>of

>TEA!

Yes that's what I'm trying to say, I need to rewatch these

That whole matress delivery scene was great

The one I remember the most was the episode where Courages' backstory is explained, like what happened to his actual family and how Murial found him, beautiful.

>This damn thread is so nostalgic

Was that the finale, or was perfect the finale?

So hard to believe it's been nearly 15 year since this show was made.

You know, I haven't watched it in such a long time, I don't even remember. I do know for certain it was the last season.

I believe this is the episode you're looking for.

I love the finale episode. It was perfect.
youtu.be/GJ5sEwwDDRk

That episode about the star squids was the one I remember the most.
Also that one about the hunchback that liked bells, RETURN THE SLAB, the living house and the episodes about the french duck and the fox guy.

It's also nice to know his parents are still alive. The vet got what he deserved and all it takes is one trip to the moon to reunite Courage with his parents.

the best part about Courage were those stock lines that the characters repeated in most episodes

Eustace: Ehhwhatamy....

CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP

WATCH WHERE YA GOING YOU FOOL
[nasally] AHAHAHAHAHA

I tried making Muriel's Happy Plums as a kid to make me happy since living in fucked up surroundings and getting my ass kicked at school just made me so depressed

It didn't work. I vomited it all out and got my ass whooped for wasting food. Didn't get any sleep cause I cried all night

The space squids one

The one with Courage's parents. That shit hit me hard.

Fuck that sucks, but you can try this video with the recipe and see if it tastes better
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4ZU385-h8

I hope shit's going good for you as of now, user. I know all too well how it feels to come from a shitty home and have school plagued by bullshit that just beats you down until you've got nothing left but the will to just not end it all for the hopes of tomorrow being slightly less worse.

Whatever happens, man, just remember that even through the bullshit that we spew your way, there's always gonna be people willing to reciprocate with you because we know that feel.

We're all gonna make it, dog.

the one with the lesbian bunny and cat

robot randy and the hunchback were always my favorites

And YOU, sir, are incredibly BALD

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?

You're not perfect.

kinda looks like eminem

Thanks but as an adult I realized that maybe everyone is not meant to be happy only thing keeping me going is my bucket list and so far doing the things on the list hasn't made me happy but I don't want to kill myself and have any regrets

Man, sometimes we all need a bathtub trout to tell us we're gonna be just fine.

"The Tower of Dr. Zalost" would be my answer too. Was my favorite episode as a kid and to this day it remains one of my favorite episodes of any cartoon. It actually won awards when it first aired, iirc.

youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI

fukken shaved

i would always nearly piss myself from laughing at that song

OW WICKET

Thank you so much. I've been looking for a full version for so long.

youtube.com/watch?v=2MVrZLbpn8k
>Eustace voice

Doc Gerbil's World (episode: Human Habitrail).

That whole fucking episode had bits and pieces that stuck with me. My siblings and I would still sing the theme of "IT'S DOC GERBIL'S WORLD". And then the ending with the boat scene...

youtube.com/watch?v=vOKYwnpe57A

>filename
Kek

Yes this was pretty good, even as a kid I knew how leagues about anything else this was at the time.

I NEED THIS MUSIC NOW

this is one of my fav tracks >tfw official soundtrack never