DC asks you to write Green Lantern Earth One, what's your pitch?

DC asks you to write Green Lantern Earth One, what's your pitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

cuckchan.org/co/thread/69758327/#q69758327
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wise old Magic ring user Alan Scott is dying, seeks out Hal Jordan to replace him.

Jordan does and becomes the Green Lantern of Earth. Battling Star sapphire and her gem based ring and Sinestro master of the yellow ring. 9 color rings, but no corps and Oa's in another dimension inside the ring with monk like guardians

Costume is the same Gil Kane's but with v-shaped neck collar and pupils can be shown.

His ring is a cock ring.

He's selected because it's small enough to fit, and greasy enough to slide on.

Hal Jordan of sector 2814, you have the ability to overcome great friction and fit in small openings.

Use the money to buy crack and hookers. Hire a 14 year old girl to write fanfiction and turn that in instead. Have the reaction be predictable but who cares? I got crack and hookers.

God damn it Robinson

dumb jewposters

A war has started.
A mysterious grail has fallen from the sky and has unleash several rings of color across the earth.
Each ring finds a master to fight for control of the grail. One fateful day while on a test flight Hal jordan is struck by a light and given a ring forced to fight in a war be didn't sign up for.
Mentored by a mysterious figure named Alan Scott it is up to Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart to fight the other corps and claim the cosmic grail.

An all powerful alien has invaded earth. Hal is unable to fight him but the alien gives him a chance. He asks Hal to show him something that makes our planet special from the others he destroyed to spare it. Hal remembers the days of his childhood starting the morning full of hope and joy. He goes on an adventure to find the last box of his favorite cereal.

Training Day but in space

I'm still not really sure exactly what the idea of the Earth One series is supposed to be.

I really wish they had kept WWEO as All-Star Wonder Woman, because it fits more with those than the other Earth One books.

He finds out gis ring is powered by kryptonite

Think Ultimate Marvel but for DC.

Originally they were all supposed to be stand-alone, set in their very own universe for each book, but somewhere along the way they all got placed in the same universe.

That makes no sense because the rings have been around for billions of years and kryptonite has only existed for like thirty.

Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Alan Scott make up a group called the Losers fighting the fight in Vietnam, doing missions no one else can do. Things go bad in their last mission and they trapped in enemy territory, death is certain. They're pinned in a corner with enemies approaching before being teleported off to Oa and given Power Rings and debriefings on some enemy group or some shit.

So basically military Lanterns.

the green lanterns are a secret police
they keep the world safe from aliens invading
the ring can access/listen/be aware of its (owners) surrounding - which is why the green lantern of sector 2814 manages to keep him/herself well hidden from the public (an oa directive)

this is taught to latest green lantern kyle rayner as the ring embeds itself on his ring.
he learns that before humans walked upright abin sur (a long lived species) watched over earth and the rest of 2814
then in the 50's it was alan scott (when abin died due to old age)
then hal jordan (he died fighting and winning against sinestro - sinestro tried to use the power of fear to bring order)
the knowledge and wisdom of the 3 previous lanterns guide kyle and train him.
but because the rise of metas he decides to be more public, but understands that earth isn't just his responsibility. he has other planets he has to look after.

powers - ring is powered by will and can create constructs
it has the ability to teleport to other planets within his sector, but the ring gets depleted faster and takes longer to charge (the power is tied to the universe and charging takes time)
so stories are more about how to apply power and when to use it.

There's not much of a hook here. The origin's different but the outcome is all the same.

Anyone have the Captain Marvel Earth 1 pitch where Dr Sivana was a drug dealer who forced Mary into prostitution so Billy had to get help from another dealer called the Wizard who had made a superdrug called Shazam?

Why is it that people can't tell the difference between "origin retelling in a modernized setting" and "wacky elseworlds where we can change everything and kill people off"?

That's what destroyed Ultimate Marvel.

Instead of just being space cops, Green Lanterns are meant to fight extradimensional and possibly Lovecraftian horrors that threaten the universe. The fact that bearers have both abnormally high will power and creativity makes them well equipped for dealing with threats that often drive people insane.

The GLC fights from a more scientific viewpoint, while Alan Scott treats things more mystically. The green light that powers their rings is the lifeblood of the universe.
Yellow light is from a different universe, and is harnessed by Sinestro in an attempt to fight fire with fire, but with disastrous results.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with the Corps concept apart from making the rings less powerful, and instead change the focus from space operas and superheroic action, to superhero crime fiction, and make a story about Hal Jordan, his partner John Stewart, and the rookie Guy Gardner investigating three different crimes that tie together into a bigger conspiracy. Towards the end, John dies and Kyle gets his ring.

This.

Also I change up some characters a bit just for fun. Hal Jordan is no longer a test pilot but just an ordinary pilot for the U.S. Air Force. Upon accepting the ring and being taken to Oa, he is drilled not only by Kilowag, but his future sector partner: Kyle Rayner, who in this continuity, is still a comic book and anime geek, but is also now a former Marine and experienced GL member. The two contrast, as on the surface, Kyle Rayner has no problem grilling rookie GL member Hal Jordan, but is actually rather soft once you get to know him and a total nerd, whereas Hal Jordan is fun and thrill-seeking on the outside, but more serious and more of an asshole on the inside. The two bond.

How's my idea? Eh?

I'm still mad that they completely fucked up Superman: Earth One and wasted any potential for a new, modern, updated Superman.

shit desu desu

Loli sex adventures

Fuck you. It's way better than most of the other ideas ITT written by people who seem to think the Earth One books are straight up Elseworlds.

Constant sex with space babes

All Star Wonder Woman was another thing completely, was just Adam Hudges' project, and got put away when Miller and Lee couldn't finish ASBAR and Hudges started working on other stuff.

WWEO was a graphic novel that that gonna be given to Rucka but ended up being given to Morrison.

Holy shit, what?

GLCs are a complete intelligence agency have various divisions from detective to special forces. We see Hal as a rookie detective with a veteran Sinestro as his partner. Meanwhile, we see Sinestro's pan-Korugarian movement alongwith Katma Tui, in which Sinestro rises in popularity and power and change of his ideology as well. In the end, we see Katma Tui narrating the whole Sinestro part, and running from someone. Finally we see Katma Tui being captured by Sinestro, because she knows Sinestro's plans for Korugar and was the one leaking it to the guardians.

I hope by pitch you mean random trash Sup Forums wrote one day.

Who would actually pitch that?

I liked Johns' origin where he was just a mechanic at Ferris aircraft after being dishonourably discharged from the air force.

>GLCs are a complete intelligence agency have various divisions from detective to special forces.
I actually really like this idea. I always did like the idea of the Alpha Lanterns. More stuff like that would be great.

Was that a part of his run? It's been so long since I've read Secret Origin.

>Was that a part of his run? It's been so long since I've read Secret Origin.

Yeah, Johns had Hal grounded and relegated to mechanic duty because his piloting was so dangerous they couldn't insure him.

Ah. I need to go back to Johns' GL run. It's been years.

bump

>Kyle Rayner, who in this continuity, is still a comic book and anime geek, but is also now a former Marine and experienced GL member.
So he's White John?

Gotham Central in Space.

Morrison's Action comics already provided that.

Abin Sur comes to earth to retrieve the missing Green Lantern Power Battery held by Alan Scott, Earths original Green Lantern (who uses the battery without a ring via magic). Alan assumes the alien is a villain and Abin assumes the human is a thief. They fight, and both die.

Both dying, they come to realize neither is evil, and Abin tells Alan why he has come to retrieve the missing battery after all these years: war is brewing. At that moment botht he ring and battery detect an alien ship entering earths atmosphere. They re-unite the ring and powerbattery, triggering the rings automatic emergency user detection settings: it seeks out the one with greatest will in the immediate vicinity.

The ring finds USAF pilot Hall Jordan, currently flying overwatch above the Green Lanterns battlezone. The ring smashes through his plane in an attempt to reach him, causing explosive decompression, destroying the plane. However, the ring saves Hal, turning him into the new Green Lantern of Earth, and flying him to Abin Sur and Alan Scott, now dying, kept alive by a lantern-fueled time-spell used by Alan.

They explain he is the Earths new Green Lantern, and that there is currently a space war going on between the Seven Lantern Corps, and he is needed in space, to fight with the Green and beside the Blue, against the Red and Yellow, while the remaining Orange, Violet and Indigo are apparently neutral-ish, fighting for their own goals.

They explain how to use the ring, and how to re-charge it, and how must charge the Battery at Oa, original home of all the corps when the Oans split magic into seven shards at the birth of the universe (though Alan says that cant be right) and base of the green lanterns.

After burying Abin and Alan, he finds a month has passed, he is assumed dead in a "training exercise" and Earth has a new hero: the Green Lantern Sinestro. He battles evil with Sinestro, who teaches him to use his powers, and befriends him.

What's so wrong with Superman? I read it and didn't have a problem. Just treat it like an elseworlds.

I haven't read them yet, but from what I've seen people on Sup Forums hate Earth One Superman because JMS writes him kinda like Peter Parker. Which, for a 20-something Clark, I don't mind the idea.

Tell me how the Titan's one isn't a straight up shity elseworld.

I'm not the guy you replied to; I think your idea was okay, albeit nothing very new

Hmm... guess I could see that; the other user was saying it was worse than the holocaust though

why does hal have a hard light dick?

I guess no one else wants sci-fi true detective fiction.

Because it's a shitty movie pitch.
Not unlike how MoS is a shitty version of Superman Earth One.

They're all entirely decent. Not great works of the medium, but I'd gladly buy everything but the Teen Titans ones.
The best thing is seeing what twists they take and what villain they use. Like Lex Luthor or Clark's girlfriend, or The Riddler.
And Supes calling out the Senate on their bullshit was really nice for me.

The villain was pretty dumb

felt i wrote too much:
but the way i see it he would literally have little or no time being 'normal'. having a gf/social life.
and events like alien invading/human harvesting/etc would be informed by him through the ring.
but in the beginning he decides to be a show off (because the media see the metas as superstars) saving/putting out small fires (the ring-and abin/alan/hal-telling him that there are others that can do that and he has a larger responsibility)
it comes to a head when he saves some people showing off his gl powers and then an alien ship materializes and starts to harvest people. the ring tells him that he doesn't have the power necessary (and other metas are not near) to defeat them.
in the end he uses he brain and help from other people/military to defeat them. but many people are killed.
he then realizes the enormity of his responsibility and makes an announcement to the world, 'my name is kyle rayner and i am green lantern of sector 2814. earth is one of my responsibilities in defending it against aggressors from other worlds or cosmic events. not every emergency needs a super hero, just great ones like police/firefighters/doctors/and everyday people to step up and help. thank you.'

it would also deal with kyle imposing his human beliefs on alien situations (with the ring/abin/al/hal-telling him that's not how this culture is) and making a mess, then learning and correcting the situation.

he'll hate it at first, being homesick, learning, etc. but in the end he'll come to love it and realize that 2814 is his home (loving the different worlds) and would do anything to protect it.

Why not?

That wasn't an Earth 1 Pitch, it was a pitch for an Ultimate DC universe that went fucking crazy.

It's a shame that the Desu archive isn't working because it was honestly a pretty hilarious thread.

Hey, I found it
cuckchan.org/co/thread/69758327/#q69758327
I wrote the first Justice League plotline while really drunk

>People actually remember my Ultimate DC threads
Those were the days. Speedcorp will always be a based as fuck idea for a series

best one bro

bump for interest

Honestly he came off as more of a human Kilowog to me. And John's never been a nerd either, he's not all that soft too.