twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the series over, or...?

It allright

Good. Good gif. Great.

Sure looks that way.

What do you mean "It allright"?

the last one was shit
shame

I didn't really like it. It would've been ok if it wasn't the finale, but as it stood it didn't really deliver anything. I understand the subtext on freedom and creativity relative to the media, but it did nothing story-wise. It was just more obscure things stabbed together, only now not funny.

Is was good while it lasts.

This

Trying to spook people consistently is a losing game. Not only is it a difficult prospect to begin with, people become immune. Better for them to just have the series short rather than lose even more face. Just look at how many people came in after every single one and lamented how "the latest one wasn't very scary."

I mean it ALLRIGHT. It not subtle or nuanced. It alright.

Why don't you ask these guys?

Yeah the thing that really killed DHMIS is that the formula got tired pretty quickly. I feel like if they cut the amount of episodes in half it'd work better. Or maybe just do more creative stuff with it.

I only got into the series recently, but my general opinion is that the last one was the weakest.

I feel like the overt, visceral gore should have been saved for the later episodes, so that things gradually escalated as the series went on. Especially since the best, most disturbing parts weren't when organs started appearing out of nowhere; it was when the nice, friendly singer suddenly stopped being nice and friendly, or when the characters became visibly and vocally uncomfortable and distraught.

Also, especially in the earlier episodes, I feel like the shots where the lighting changes were overdone and that those shots should have kept consistent lighting. The subject matter and music change were enough to shift the tone; making everything darker and dramatically lit was overdoing it. My favorite parts were consistently the subtler moments.

I was left wanting

So then how do you rate the episodes?

>the formula got tired pretty quickly
Honestly if they kept the formula going I would happily sink money into a kickstarter. The latest one though they broke the mold and honestly it just wasn't that great.

That's probably why number 3 didn't try to be scary (I remember the first time I watched it I was nervous waiting for the other shoe to drop), to relive tension before part 4 came

to be fair the 2nd to last one was definitely the goriest

The scenes with the red hair people made the whole thing worth it.

same beer?

same......show.

As far as endings go it didn't drop the ball nearly as hard as most things tend to do. It was pretty good.

The scenes with Red in the "real" world straddled the line between legit hilarious and uncomfortably surreal the best of any part of the series.

I stopped watching after episode 3.
anything interesting I should know?
but then again, I don't think I care

It focused too much on lore without actually answering anything.

That said, the actual teachers were pretty funny. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S HAVING A BAD DREAM! A BAD DREAM! A BAD DREAM!

Things got weird. Turns out yellow'd dad (Roy) is behind everything and forcing the puppets to do these lesson skits. Red breaks free in episode 4 and it's unclear what happens to him. Duck is apparently killed and eaten in episode 5 for trying to break free too. By episode 6 yellow is on his own, tormented by a cycle of lesson songs, Red can't cope with being in the real world and wants to go back, duck makes a brief appearance but is apparently still dead. The show resets itself with each character now the colour they said was their favourite in episode 1.

Sup Forums thinks it's time to stop having autism fits about the lore and to move the fuck on

I'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO BUY A CANOOOOOOE

I'm just surprised anyone thought the last one was going to answer anything.

I never thought it would, but I think it had too much symbolic bullshit and teases to answering things without actually commiting.

If you aren't going to give answers, which is perfectly fine, at least don't waste half the episode teasing things for people to analyze and put the effort elsewhere.

aha. another creepypasta spoop

Reminder that Computer did nothing wrong.

>yfw Part 6 of DHMIS Made in Heaven'd

>Trying to spook people consistently is a losing game
>people become immune
while that is true, this isn't what happened here. They haven't done anything close to what happened in the original. Sure occasionally there were some organs here and there, but it's like....they forgot to be creative with it

6 was the best one though.

>I never thought it would, but I think it had too much symbolic bullshit and teases to answering things without actually commiting.
It all blatantly sets up the cycle starting at the end of E6 as the last cycle, like the ending to the Dark Tower series.

>at least don't waste half the episode teasing things for people to analyze
That's the whole POINT you mental fucking midget, these are SPECIFICALLY designed to be full of fluff for people to waste hours and hours analyzing without any actual answers meant to be found anywhere.

DHMIS 1
Classic. Has the advantage of being the first and surprising us by having things go dark at the very end
DHMIS 2
Still good. Keeps the tone of the original and still has a disturbing dark twist at the end.
DHMIS 3
Best song out of all of them but looses charm completely because the pacing of the dark stuff is all over the place
DHMIS 4
Where things start to get 2deep4u. Has a lamer song
DHMIS 5
Weakest of them all and gets way too 2deep4u. Drags on for a while and has no good song
DHMIS 6
Bare bones and made solely as a finale. The ending is 10/10 though

Regardless of their quality all of these videos have amazing production values and I enjoy just watching the puppets and the sets

I think everyone expected everything to be explained at the end. It wasn't.

Roy actually doing something boiled down to jack shit. There was no ear worm song. Yellow didn't get his friends back. There was no real end.

>Yellow didn't get his friends back
but he did...somehow

1-4 were amazing the songs were great and the creepy parts generally werent too much
5 got a little too gross and did the creep for too long but the song was fine
6 i was thinking wheres the song

>6 i was thinking wheres the song
DREAMS ARE A MOVIE THAT PLAY IN YOUR HEAD
EVERY NIGHT WHEN YOU SLEEP IN YOUR BED

Here's my theory on it all.

Red is the creator of the show, and stars in it as an actor.

The office scene and comedy club scene in episode 6 is him pitching his idea to the public, albeit very unsuccessfully however while in the comedy club, Roy, the yellow guys dad, sees potential in the show. Red sees everyone as himself because that's how he's picturing his character.

This is when episode 1-5 come in. The show finally gets on the air but the producer of the show, Roy, plans to use it to spread propaganda about religion, time, food, etc.

In episode 4, red finally sees the manipulations Roy has made to the show which is represented by him seeing the reality of the situation, literally blowing his mind.

In episode 5 duck guy realises the propaganda Roy is spreading and decides to quit starring in the show, but being silenced in the process to prevent the information from getting out to the public.

Yellow guy fails to see the corruption his father is doing to the show because he trusts his dad and refuses to see him as a villain.

The scene after the comedy club is Red being forced by the producer to make episode ideas for the show for the producer to manipulate into propaganda.

Red finally decides to "pull the plug" on the show and officially cancel it, something he didn't want to do because he was really determined about his show working out.

Then, even after the show is cancelled, the producer is still determined to churn out propaganda so it gets remade, this time with different actors (seen by the different colours of the costumes)

So when's the next Kickstarter to make them explain this?

The answer is that it's a children's show, and when the red guy unplugged the show it got cancelled/ended and then a brand new show which is actually the old show but with a different coat of paint replaced it, to loop infinitely until the medium dies or time stops.

When a day passes in their world that means a show ends and another begins.

>>Red is the creator of the show, and stars in it as an actor.

The explanation was in your heart all along, user
All you need is try to think creatively

>Looses

This.

FUCK YOU GAY PRIEST

Then why are they missing?

Yfw both of them happen in part 6

Anybody know why it was June 19th for 5 episodes?

Overall it was a pretty good show. I was sceptical when they launched a kickstarter as soon as the first vid became a hit. I thought they were just trying to make some cash before the hype cooled down, because, well, who needs thousands of dollars to produce a creepy puppet show? But they actually used the money to improve the production value and it's pretty impressive when you compare the first and the last episode.
The ending was alright. I really loved all the scenes with the red guy in the "real world". Spin-off when?

Episode 1 was breakfast
2 was morning/midday
3 was the midday/lunch picnic
4 was in the afternoon
5 was dinnertime
6 was at night as he was going to bed

>who needs thousands of dollars to produce a creepy puppet show?

Puppets aren't cheap, user.

That's exactly part of the message. The effect of children's educational media wears off, people get immune to the bullshit.
If your senses were dulled by the end of DHMIS, then it has succeeded at making you feel what it set out to.

Last episode sucked. The computer was my favorite.

>dhmis 1
Cute project, any accusations of being reaction video bait are not unfounded
>dhmis 2
More creative, experiments with other types of animation like stop-motion in the olden times
>dhmis 3
tries to have a half-assed story arc, various artforms still well-done but less engaging
>dhmis 4
Funniest one, song is alright, stays innovative with artforms
>dhmis 5
skimps on the song but is a perfect representation on what it's like to be in a nightmare, the phone builds suspension masterfully
>dhmis 6
whole teacher thing is a smaller part of the episode and visibly lesser quality, nightmare effects are lame with the lighting totally over-used, worst one

It feels like they made the final episode for the fans who were super into whatever the lore was supposed to be. No memorable song or anything funny. Oh well.

>implying the Red Guys scenes weren't the funniest part of the whole series

Looks like someone made a baaaaad post!

>And I was like "yeah, that's not even the same bucket"
Comedy gold

>No memorable song
>not wanting to learn how to buy a canoe

I loved how half-assed the dream song felt.

He was my favorite teacher. Digital style is best style

Don't you know how to write in english? Retarded

The scenes with red in the real world are the best stuff they've put out.

>eye blinks
>just counted to a 50

"im the cool guy i guess"
"its not very good"
"thats rude... no clothes."

yeah im gonna be qouting that for ages.

If it truly is the last one, it was a let down.

Holy shit

So, which teacher was your favorite, Sup Forums? Phillip the File was pretty damn good imo.

I thought it was good.

The last episode just seemed to deal with the way networks will constantly push each show to be similar to the last, going the safe route and pushing the same ideals over and over without really benefiting anyone, then at one point showing that even if the show has become so watered down due to overstaying it's welcome, the same show but with new paint will come along and do the same thing again.

it seemed like a good mark to end on.

The computer was the best. I laughed hard and was scared at the same moment when he screamed "DON'T TOUCH ME!".

That was my favorite moment too. Lost my shit laughing but also got the jibblies

do a digital dancing

I also think he was the most well made of all the teachers.

Canoe Saxophone

People see Roy as the media too much. Even though that is probably right, he represents just a father too.

We all know duck/green guy is the oldest and dies because of that. Red guy was a teenager and became an adult. Yellow guy is the child and, since he is the youngest, he could not "escape" for himself.

Roy is just the father. He controls the kids, teens and also the old and dependant (which could be his father or some older relative) in his house.

Red Guy's misery in the "real world" scenes was interesting. By that point he's "grown up" and unplugged from the media that was limiting him, but he's found the reality outside of that colorful false reality disappointing and miserable.
It's like The Matrix where unplugging from the exploitative lie leaves you in a wasteland wondering if maybe being a slave was better than freedom.

It gave us this, so I'm happy.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466550052301.webm

If only there were some way to learn about bread...

This is why the date doesn't change, not because of some 'time loop' mumbo jumbo.

DHMIS was never originally intended to be this short deep series.
Before making the first episode, the channel had a video called "Bad Things That Could Happen". Like DHMIS, it was very visually flashy with giant props and such. It too also started off relatively normally, but gradually became bad as the title suggests, albeit not as dramatically as DHMIS. Really, this video was just a standalone art project, and this was the intent for DHMIS as well.
However, some way or another DHMIS's popularity skyrocketed. The creators were probably surprised by this, and due to popular demand they made a second episode that still featured similar ideas. The demands and popularity kept coming afterwards, but it was probably a knowledgeable idea that the creators didn't want to continue making DHMIS episodes for the rest of their lives. This brings us into the crowdfunding, the additional episodes, and the loose plotline and theories everyone has.
There's reasons why things happened in the next five videos that didn't happen in the first, that being because there was never meant to be a story. The creators tried to show a 6-episode story involving a theme or idea introduced in the first video. Personally, I enjoyed all the videos especially the finale, and I also feel that whatever story they were trying to convey was wrapped up nicely, but that's besides the point. The point being that DHMIS was just a simple artsy video that blossomed, and the creators tried to appease both the crowd and its popularity, and to create this plotline they just rolled with the punches. For those critical of it and confused about which theories are right or wrong, it's best to keep in mind that this phenomenon was never expected in the first place, they just wanted to wrap up the DHMIS saga before it truly grew completely out of hand.

>Its another, "my theory on the matter" episode

It was really bizarre and funny at times, but after watching the entire series, it feels like there really was no point to it all.
the finale didn't help my feelings on this

Looks like someone's having a BAD THREAD. A BAD THREAD.

i would love if it would of just ended there.

NO!

Nice.

>All the buildup
>All the theorycrafting
>Yellow guy stops the song before it starts
>Credits

Nice lucky trips.

Do a digital dancing. Hey this is fun.

The only winning move is not to play

>tfw all of that horror happen in one day