Oats Studios - Volume 1 - Rakka

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

I gotta tell you Sup Forums, I gotta tell you, this is some good stuff. Blomkamp is doing it right.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raqqa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't look in it's eyes.

I won't

Come on fuckers watch this shit. It's only 20 minutes long.

So is it an allegory for the Middle east and how the humans (islamic "extremist" groups) fight the evil aliens (imperialist invaders) to go back to how things were before westernization, like some anons talked about yesterday?

I'm to dum to figure it out.

Cringeworthy cliche game cut scene with too much exposition, nothing more. OP is a pleb and should fuck off.

20 minutes wasted, cunt. Go watch Transformers if this amazes you.

Your mom is a pleb.

Just apologize for wasting everyones time with your kid-tier flick and delete your thread

>DUDE ISIS ARE ACTUALLY GOOD LMAO
Really Hackkamp?

you can't delete your own threads anymore

not bad 2bh
will see how the next ones go tho

those teeth seem impractical, does it have a sphincter mouth?

>wearing an anti-mind control hat is mandatory for fighting the lizard men
>it doesn't come with chinstraps and falls off the moment you start bumping around
Really poorly written. Not just in all the stupid details like that but in the extremely heavy handed exposition, overuse of cliches, and the plot points that go nowhere and waste so much time. It could have been about 5 minutes long and still gotten the point across.

I am not defending Blomkamp but this is a 'expertimental' film project, whatever that is.

>climate change
>terrorism is fine
>BM/WF

(((the film industry)))

That was very bad. The lizard men were quite detailed, that's the best thing I can say about it. Everything else was poorly executed and it's either about ten minutes too long or needs about twice as much story.

If they really wanted to go with a middle east allegory they'd have the humans getting help from the "angels" at first before eventually turning on them too, and then the lizard men breaking up into factions with some of them trying to help the humans or act like them.

Best plot twist would have been the guy who had been made into a cyborg actually being cured of some terrible medical condition by the lizard men but the humans being too stupid to realize it and just thinking it's more alien witchcraft that needs to be burned.

it's got some impressive visual effects, but everything else is terrible. The narration is just awful.

Raqqa (Arabic: الرقة ar-Raqqah), also called Rakka, al-Raqqah and ar-Raqqah, is a city in Syria located on the northeast bank of the Euphrates River...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raqqa

The lizards are ISIS and the the humans are Assad's men.

Blomquist predictable as usual.

the only interesting aspect of this is that he's selling the 3D models and software on steam to get funding for more episodes. it's not gonna work but it could inspire some artists and give them useful tools. you know, just like the explosion of pure kino that dirt cheap cameras everywhere on every device has given us.

I don't think that's it at all. The lizardmen represent the US invasions in the middle east, humans are locals who got radicalised. The Raqqa/Rakka name doesn't work because the US never occupied Raqqa. Blomkamp just had a bad grasp on current events, so the allegory doesn't work. Also he includes climate change, which isn't something ISIS even cares about.

The visuals were awesome though.

What's the meaning behind the Studio name?

>it's got some impressive visual effects, but everything else is terrible
wow, sounds almost like neil blomcamp directed