Why aren't millennials saving for retirement?

why aren't millennials saving for retirement?

Nice shill thread

Because the end of the world is near

>expecting the generation of instant gratification to save for the long term

Saged. Same poster posting slide threads with pics of Steve-o

i'm saving but not for retirement; i have that idea i will work even as an old dude because work keeps you alive and well.

Are you saving at all Ike???

Cause they don't have enough money to save to begin with, even less than their (retired) grandparents working at McD's after retring from their factory job.

>living after 60
FUCK. THAT

That guy in the pic has one of the most punchable faces i've ever seen.

God, i just want to smash his face in.

I don't need to save for retirement. I've got a double barrel retirement plan.

Why do you keep making these threads?
Haven't you collected enough data?

A. We dont have money to reture. We barely have money to live

B. The vast majority of us already realized we will never get to retire

That money will be gone in 40 years, bro.

Better spend it while it still has value.

because this is not the fucking boomer generation where you can be a home owner, pay a car upfront, and have a good job coming straight out of fucking high school

Im trying but im also an alcoholic so it dosent work out well

>steve-o
>why millennials

Why haven't mods banned this faggot

Because they have to pay for the Boomers' Cadillac retirements.

We can't just let all of these inconsequential oldsters die and free up resources for younger generations.

Mods are faggot CTR shills trying to destroy the board

why arent boomers retiring?

Is it bad if this is all I have in my 401k at 27? I only have 14 k in checking, too.

>Never get to retire
You wont have an old age pension handed to you but you certainly will be thrown on the trash heap when you get old enough to be less useful than a young person.

Old people start to forget how to do everything as well as working very slowly. Happens between 60 and 70. Oh look retirement is 65-67. What a coincidence.

I saved about anywhere from 10-15% a paycheck that goes straight to 401k.

Another 10% gets auto-withdrawn to a Roth IRA.

Then I toss some cash in a slush fund and fuck around wit my stocks on the side. Newmont Mining is my latest winner.

Most of my friends (all around 27-28) aren't much for saving, but they love buying new pistols, vidya and other shit.

I love my hobbies too. But saving is kind of fun. I treat it like a game almost. It's fun.

>mfw I have all my assets overseas

Beating me by a few bucks. Good on ya.

Stop responding fucking newfags

Can't save without $15/hr doooood

>implying I'm not saving money for "retirement"
>implying I'm ever going to actually be able to afford to retire.

Because we have social security you ass lard.

100k by 30,they say.
250 by 40.
You're doing great.

Because the government will take care of me duh

If you put $5500 a year into a Roth IRA starting from when you're 20-25, you'd easily have around $1.5-$2 million by the time you're 65 and all tax free when you take it out.

Even if you can save only a thousand bucks a year, do it since Social Security won't be around for much longer.

question for the yankees.
If you die what happens with your 401k.

>why aren't millennials moving out
>why aren't millennials having kids
>why aren't millennials saving for retirement

It's honestly hard to do all three in today's economy, dawg. I've chosen the last, and I'm hoping in the meantime my situation changes to where I can afford the other two as well. Millennials fucking suck, but even those that are actively trying probably can't do all three of the aforementioned unless they get dealt a perfect hand.

Your wife blows it on more makeup and bras she doesn't need.

Once she plows through 25 years of hardwork in the course of 2-3 years of impulse shopping it's on to the next one.

I might setup a trust or something in regards to my assets.

>TFW no awesome Bruce Wayne son to use my estate for something cool.

This.

Nobody has ever saved for retirement.

It's why social security was established nearly 100 years ago. Nothing has changed.

Quite frankly, I regret saving as much as I did when I was young. I am 28 now, and the years go by faster and faster. By the time I am old, it will all vanish quickly, and I won't actually get to enjoy my money.

Screw the capital gains, I missed opportunities that I could enjoy when the moment lasted longer.

In 40 years, 2 million will not be enough money to live on for 15-30 years.

Buy property.

Cheers, user. See ya on the shuffleboard court in 40. Have some shit OC I just made

lel
if you care about your well-being in old age, buy a small farm plot and work on your vegetables-growing skills

fag

Cheers to you, user, with an OC mint julep I made.

Hope to see you in 40 playing virtua-Shuffle and crushing green jello and old puss.

P.S how did you change the color of your fidelity net-benefits? I use the same thing through work. You're killing it though!

i got a smith and wesson retirement plan

sage

Cheers portubro, you and me both.

I imagine the company sets it. Our logo and equipment is maroon and white

millennial here, I'm simply not falling for the ponzi scheme jew. the only retirement investment I believe into having kids, which I plan to do.

>tfw 5 million sitting in trust fund currently

>dem 5% annual compounding gains

>I save 20% of each check into long term savings anyway

>save another 10% in my short term savings

Feels good M8

>why aren't millennials moving out
The rent is TOO DAMN HIGH!
>why aren't millennials having kids
They'll be brainwashed by the Marxist school system.
>why aren't millennials saving for retirement
And do what? Play golf next to a McMansion? Like said, I have no desire to live to be "old", I want to live for now.

>Entire generation that never matured beyond "i scream until i get what i want"
>Mobs of people still play games targeted at 6 year olds like Pokemon
>Nobody has a job because daddy cash still pays for everything
>Those that do work are in minimum wage positions because they refuse to adhere to workplace appropriate clothing and banter, and demand everything be given to them for free

WELL YOU KNOW I'M JUST NOT SURE

Ah, I got ya. Just tired of looking at the same thing after 4 years.

But enough about my wife.

>It's honestly hard to do all three in today's economy,
How?
I moved out when I was 18 making $8.25/hr
I worked hard at my job and school, I got a 2 year degree in 1, covered all my costs at community college with said job, and even got a raise to $11/hr.
Then I got a real job and started making $15/hr, and I was able to put away $1000 a month into savings.
The year after that I got a raise to $21.50/hr and started putting money into an IRA account alongside the $1k I kept liquid. And that's after almost doubling my rent costs by moving again and living alone.

If you can't cover your own expenses and then save the rest you're a moron.

Because i'm spending it on MRE's,Guns,Boolets,Gear,Gym membership and whatever innawoods living requires. If im broke in my retirement then thats my fault but I will have been prepared for any happening.

Your post reminded me of Goodman's character in 10 Cloverfield Lane. Check it out if you haven't.

I'm 21 how am I supposed to save for retirement lol

You need to go back.

I moved out and my family owns property.
I have no interest in getting kids yet.
21yo student.
Tbh everything looks quite comfy.

Granted, it's hard to save in today's inflationary high cost society. Rent/cost of a home/taxes/college are much much more expensive relative to any time in history, and you pretty much need a degree or at least technical training to assure yourself a career.

Add that to the fact we have had an extremely weak economy since 2008, it's not been exactly easy for young people

My wife and I are lucky and both attained 6 figure jobs in our mid/late 20s, but I remember making 70k and still having a hard time Saving as much as I wanted to

buy 2 cans of cat food a day and store it somewhere people wont steal your cat food, when you turn 60 you wont have to ever worry about food again.

I thought most employers were forced to pay some of your salary as retirement (that you cannot use before you retire for good)

That's how it works here anyways. When you turn 18 you automatically get a percentage of your salary as retirement money. Maybe that's why we don't have a lot of homeless old people lying in the streets.

Thank you for Correcting the Record™

Calculate what you need every month and add like 200 pounds/euro/whatever for fun or smaller unexpected expenses.
That whats left should be saved. But as soon as you have enough liquid capital you should buy stocks to make sure you don't lose money to inflation

This only happens in welfare states.
And even there old people sometimes have to work.

Because they have to buy the newest fucking apple product every year. fucking normies

Because the market is due for a big correction, and having your value locked into a fluctuating asset is moronic.

>invest invest
>markets at its all time high
>its gonna go higher!
>(((good goy)))

I'm waiting for it to split in half value wise. Most people are expecting to see the dow back down to 8/9k soon.

Meth is expensive ;_;
Well, GOOD meth.

The government charges them 8% of tie salary and charges you 8% of your salary and it goes into social security

But this system only works if you have a growing population

They have no contractual obligation to give you back a penny

yeah and all that's tied up til you're 65

it's all about being LIQUID you fucks

>why is op shilling

why do you keep posting the same thread with the same smug steve-o pics everyday?

If I were a mod this board would be a lot better

I already spend most of my time here whether at home, school, or work so why not give me the fucking job, I'd do it for free too.

Die faggot.
Put your dick in your mouth and pull the trigger.

>tfw no trigger on dick

being a cutfag is hell