Why is this film so reviled?

Why is this film so reviled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5hetMxbuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it was too much fun
Forever is the actual worst one

Sadly it's the truth, I hate how capeshit has to always be "deep" in some way now

it has no identity
it's a weird mix of dark set designs and costumes with light hearted campy charecters and while fun to laugh AT its not fun to laugh with

>not fun to laugh with
you're the dullest nigga. Only butthurt Animated Series fags don't unironically enjoy Arnie's Mister Freeze (and this comes from someone who loves the Animated Series. If every interpretation were the same, and the same tone, it would be boring as fuck).

it can still be fun and not fucking stupid and insulting to the character I mean you probably only look at Batman as for little kids so there's no convincing you anyway

>Superb costumes with nipples
>Bane transformation
>Fight scenes
>Arnie's one liners
>Suave clooney + batcard
>Sexy prime Uma Thurman
>Motorcycle racing
>Batmobile and Batwing in one movie
>Coolio

This is a fucking classic imo.

>dullest nigga
redundant niggers have no culture
Arnie's mr freeze was pretty much the mr freeze before the animated series which isn't good enough for a main villain in a movie you can laugh at his jokes but honestly even Cesar Romero as the Joker was more threatening

Looking back at it now, it is visually pleasing to the eye. Its as if theyve combined both the look from BTAS and campiness from Adam West's Batman. Underrated movie absolutely.

mfw nobody mentions Turkish Batman.

This guy gets it. Batman and Robin (as well as Mystery Men) were staggeringly ahead of their time, and were far more thoughtful and innovative films than 95+% of post-2000 capeshit has been.

That said, the OG Batman TAS and the OG Superman TAS will always be the aesthetic, tonal, and experiential high points for their respective characters.

There's a god-tier Superman trilogy to be made based off of the TAS characterizations, with the first film being Luthor+Metallo, the 2nd being a dark downer ending film against Luthor+TAS Brainiac, and the third being a brutal, grueling Return of The King-style backs-against-the-wall-with-everything-on-the-line meat grinder of a movie with Superman and Orion defending Metropolis against Darkseid and the New Gods with the help of Luthor, who switches sides halfway through and sacrifices everything to undo the damage he wrought and save earth.

For bonus points, make the undercurrent of the 2nd one a Spider Man 2/Last Temptation of Christ internal struggle o the part of Superman, as he tries to reconcile the awesome responsibility of who he is with the part of him who desperately wants to just be Clark Kent and have a normal life, working 9-to-5 and coming home to Lois and their family. Bonus points if somehow Brainiac offers him this, appealing to their shared Kryptonian heritage, perhaps with Brainiac offering to take his place as defender of Earth, and he accepts it, for a time, inadvertently leading to his inability to save Lois in the final act as Brainiac betrays him, the loss of whom compels him to become Superman once more, defeating Brainiac at the end but leaving him despondent and alone, having just destroyed the last remnant of his Homeworld

double bonus points if the film ends on a cliffhanger with a boom tube opening, catapulting a battered and defeated Orion at the feet of a mentally shattered Superman

>theyve combined both the look from BTAS
BTAS didn't have that many man statues like Schumachers did

I believe Schumacherwanted to add a more corrupt feel to Gotham city and some of his gayness to make it unique.

Does anyone have a webm of the armor shots in the beginning of the movie?

>were staggeringly ahead of their time,
in what way? most people to this day don't like either of those movie
>were far more thoughtful and innovative films
how? were batnipples innovative? was Bruce picturing a tombstone right outside his house to remember the fact that his parents are dead a thoughtful callback?

What percentage of Arnold's line consisted of ice puns?

This is the truth.

People say Forever is better because it's a bit more serious. I say it's just more boring.

Batman and Robin is fucking retarded but I find it very watchable.

COWABUNGAAAAAA!!!!

They were great piss-takes aimed at a genre that's thoroughly deserving of them.

The bat nipples andthe overly hokey tombstone business was a much needed dose of Adam West injected into a character that most artists tend to take way too seriously.

Because people wanted grim-dark Batman movies at the time and got this instead.
Then they actually got grim-dark Batman movies and realized they didn't want them at all.

A BAT BOMB

>bat nipples andthe overly hokey tombstone business was a much needed dose of Adam West
I guess I missed that episode of the Batman 60's show

>film
flick

>Implying Adam West wouldn't have tried nipplekino if he could have gotten away with it in the 60s

> they actually got grim-dark Batman movies and realized they didn't want them at all.
I know Sup Forums hates the Nolan movie but they killed at the box office so people definitely liked dark Batman

Batman Forever is a little less just random shit happening.
Batman & Robin didn't even have what could be called a story.

Adam West Batman was like a buddy cop not a faggot

Adam West Batman also had actual Jokes.

>The Avengers = high tier

seriously
Batman 66 had consistent tone and that's what fags who unironically like B&R don't understand yes of course Batman can be fun but it also can't be all over the place with the serious and then campy tones but they literally think anyone who doesn't like Schumachers movies hates them because "they're not dark enough" no they're just inconsistent

>guardians of the galaxy 1 & 2
>high tier
I disagree

Because people don't view it as a comedy like they should.

>Donner Superman, Burton Batman, and Spiderman 2
>God tier

Based

batman and robin is my favorite batman movie.

only retarded fucks like the new souless nolan films

see

CHICKS DIG THE CAR

But it doesn't work as a comedy either.
The only intentionally funny thing in it was Uma Thurman hamming it up.

> (You)
>see

i didn't exist in the 60s, i only ever saw those episodes of batman on nick at nite. while it has its charm and i enjoyed it, the 90s batman movies are part of my childhood.

>it's good because nostalgia

It is? I thought everyone loved it just under LEGO Batman?

That's most people's arguments for why the Nolan movies are good though. They saw them when they were 15 so they love them.

>>it's good because nostalgia

no, its good because I was the target demographic at the time: a fucking 90s kid who played with batman toys and watched cartoons.

the 90's batman movies demographic's were not man-children from 25 years in the future, it was 90s kids and they fucking nailed that market.

So because you were homosexual child and love colorful toys, it's a good movie?

You don't have to like Batman & Robin to dislike TDK.

That's a shame. I thought you were trying to have an actual discussion, too...

Val Kilmer actually tries to be a good batman

If batman and Robin didn't have george Clooney in it it wouldn't be as bad

>it was 90s kids and they fucking nailed that market
yeah WB did so great at the box office they didn't make another Batman movie for almost 10 years
you could use the same logic to justify the star wars prequels
>its for kids man!
it can be for kids and still be good

But the Nostalgia Critic said it was poopy.

>So because you were homosexual child and love colorful toys, it's a good movie?

have you even watched the commentary for batman and robin? they literally talk about how they made everything look like toys to promote the toys. the films were literally hour++ log commercials for action figures and playsets. AND THEY WERE AMAZING.

How can I when you just go back to "BUT I LIKED IT AS A KID".
Batman & Robin barely made its budget back and wasn't popular anywhere.

Fuck you Forever is my second favourite

Nostalgia critic has never made a good video or analysis

I don't think this question very much belongs here but I if I create another thread, it'll die.

So, does anyone remember or care about Robert Wuhl? The only thing I know him from is his role in TB's Batman and that snarky parody of him in American Dad.

And even in the 1989 film I found him astonishingly unfunny.

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5hetMxbuM

Doug thinks Keaton is a perfect Batman so his opinion on anything Batman goes in the I think the only thing I ever agreed with him on was MoTP but his ranking of the BTAS episodes was total shit

I liked Ari$$

>that face on the thumbnail
No

>batman creator himself Bob Kane
any true Batman fan know that Bill Finger was the creator of Batmans universe Kane just drew the initial drawing of Batman but he was wearing bright colors and a domino mask before Bill stepped in and actually made him Batman

Bob Kane created the name and the first concept drawing. He created Batman. What you're trying to say is Bill Finger gave him the identity that he has today.

yeah but the first concept drawing would have never been popular in comics if Bill didn't add the dark clothes and cowl Bill also wrote the origin stories for most of Batmans allies/villains
I'm not saying Bob Kane doesn't deserve credit its just to only give him credit (like they did until 3 years ago) and not Bill is a crime

What I'm saying is called Bob Kane the creator isn't wrong. People just misuse the word. He drew the first drawing and came up with the name Batman. That makes him the creator. If Bill Finger is the guy that made his story, personality, etc. then fine, but that doesn't make him the creator of Batman himself. Cracked did an article on this a few years back where they said "Bob Kane didn't create Batman, Bill Finger did!" and that was one of the last times I visited their site.

Everything about it that people criticized exists in current capeshit that gets 80%+ on RT

>Because it was too much fun
Yep.

>Forever is the actual worst one
Yep, but also, Forever isn't all that bad, it's just the weakest of those four Batmen.

>I mean you probably only look at Batman as for little kids

Correct

>you probably only look at Batman as for little kids

Do you not?

Because it was Adam West Batman on time it wasn't cool to like Adam West Batman.

>If Bill Finger is the guy that made his story, personality, etc. then fine, but that doesn't make him the creator of Batman himself
maybe not technically but like I said every Batman fan know what made Batman great in the golden age was what Bill did with him so yeah Bob Kane created the "superhero with wings like a bat" but Bill Finger is really what made Batman stand out above other comics

>Batman is for little kids
These guys get it.

That's the same as movies today though, shit like Power Rangers was no worse than the other capeshit but it gets trashed by critics and Normies just believe whatever they're told.

not really but not saying its for super mature adults either

Excellently put

That's not what I was arguing. I was arguing that Bob Kane created the character, and you agreed with me, so leave it at that.
Edgy teenagers are kids too.

see

If I recall correctly, it was sold as a serious movie - but what we got was a campy big-budget B-movie. Imagine if the next Bond movie was hyped up as a serious epic, but then the actual movie was like Austin Powers, except not as funny.

a lot of shit Sup Forums loves is really for edgy teenagers
>80s/90s action movies
>slasher movies
>sci/fi action movies
>Zach Snyder movies
I don't think Sup Forums has a right to call itself a flagship of mature film lovers

What's your point?

Sup Forums has a nostalgia bias
>the shitty movies I liked as a kid are better then the shitty movies you liked as a kid!
it's really stupid desu