Are americans mentally retarded? not even ironic now

are americans mentally retarded? not even ironic now

Yes

They are a pool of people meant for research by an elite class.

Nothing have changed.

HAHAH what the fuck

Have you ever seen the show Portlandia? Those are the sort of people bitching about this.

i honestly wasn't aware that there are Areas in this World who need "special trained people" to pump their vehicles...
wow

maybe they have different gas stations or gas pumps or something? because if pumping gas is the same as in europe then its the most simple thing in the world, how can they not know how to do it...

We dont pump gas here asia. We have special servants for that.
Enjoy tuborculosis and lung disease, soys!

This is not all of America, this is Oregon. Please do not confuse the two.

i don't understand
what's so hard about pumping gas

ive watched initial d so im something og an expert on japan culture and lifestyle and the main characters in this series are gas stations attendants who pump gas too, so japanese """""people"""" will understand

they've never done it before

I dun get it

their entire lvies some mexican was doing this for them so they think it's some dangerous job like handling radioactive waste

>one state does something
>hurr durr fuck americunz
get a life

is it gas or petrol?

In New York, you pump your own gas, but in New Jersey, you don't (similar to Oregon) and it's really funny watching New Jersey people when they come in to New York for work not knowing what the fuck they're doing

How can you not know what you're doing when pumping gas? Explain it with pictures maybe I don't get it

Who knows but apparently it can and will kill you.

please film it and upload when you see them

this I don't get it

>Does no one consider the cumultative effects of breathing in small amounts of gas over time?
Am I dreaming or is this fucktard really THIS scared of doing one thing on his own?

>questioning it
wew lad

What the fuck? Does nobody pump their own gas in Oregon?

Are there seriously entire states with no self pump stations where it's just literally just gas pumps and you just use a special card to pay?

>one state out of fifty
>all Americans

You guys keep forgetting how big this country is.

but why it's always amercians who do retared shit like this? I have never seen anyone from Europe being this dumb

I live in the Midwest so I've always pumped my own gas but gas does really stink AND it is sad if they are getting rid of jobs. When I was little used to be someone was paid to bag groceries got older and now we bag our own.

It was illegal until very very recently they legalized it. NJ is the same.

After living here for like about 2 years I have to say, yes

I agree on that smelling of gasoline. Some stations don't provide plastic gloves for protection here.

>they are getting rid of jobs
Paying people for useless shit is not good for economy no matter what "experts" say

las criaturas......

Why does the position exist in the first place? Was it like some doorman type thing back in the day? But don't they help with luggage, something someone might actually struggle with?

some gas stations in New York are weird, and they have these shifty types pumping your gas for you

it still isn't legal
only in rural places that might not have people manning a station

It's a service thing. So you don't run the risk of spilling a drop and smelling like gas all day, for example. We still have some gas stations where this service exists.

>So you don't run the risk of spilling a drop and smelling like gas all day,
only retards spill amounts that would actually make you smell like gas. one or two drops aren't going to do shit

back then they used to check your tire pressure and oil for you as well
small gas stations still do that here, but the big ones just have someone fill your tank and move onto the next guy

this kills the american

ah wow what a shitty place
here that other americans and CHIs
dont move there it's really shitty you'll hate it

>So you don't run the risk of spilling a drop and smelling like gas all day
who? WHO?

hahaha what the fuck
I have always used self serve stations since I started driving, I hate dealing with attendants

hey soyboy, watcha doin?

I was reading the CBC story about this and apparently there's two cities in BC where you can't pump your own gas. I honestly didn't think full service existed anymore.

Explain yourself BC.

I don't necessarily think the laws are a bad idea. It's a good and efficient way to create more jobs, and if the laws have been in place for a while, people will accept them too. I don't think states should remove these laws. They will put many people out of a job.

They used to check the tire pressure, wash the windshield, check oil and all.
It was considered a part of the service just like waiters are in restaurants.

Takumi would agree with you.

I was actually thinking about Initial D while reading the thread. Need to continue onto the third season soon, I've heard it just gets worse but there's still cool eurobeat.

Stopped middle of the season 3 I think, but yes it's pretty boring after S1 and 2.

Benzin.

>It was illegal
and you're called land of the free
here we can choose if we want to pay more or not

>It's a good and efficient way to create more jobs
by this reasoning bussinesses should be forbidden to enhance productivity in any way
that's basically luddism

el bocconiano senores

I don't even study economy

You need to look at the realities.
People are without jobs.
Society is unwilling to give these people money if they don't work.
Either, society needs to give them jobs, or they should be killed.
If you think it's more moral to give them jobs than kill them, then you should do the most efficient thing that will give them a job.
Creating jobs by banning self service gas stations is one of the most politically acceptable solutions in these regions.
You can always talk about 6 hour days, "science and education", higher wages to increase demand etc, but the reality is that these solutions are politically impossible. No one wants to work shorter days, or get higher pay, or improve education.
Requiring serviced gas stations is THE most accepted way to prevent these people from dying.
You can talk a lot about ideal situations and what your ideology would do, but sometimes you need to look at the reality and work with what you got.

I can agree that these jobs shouldn't exist in a perfect society, but our option is between keeping these jobs or letting the people die, the perfect society is not an option.
And keeping these jobs is the lesser of the two evils.

you know, a century ago more than 50% of the people worked in agriculture.
it's literally a non-argument.
you're acting as if jobs and productivity don't change over time.

by the same reasoning, automatic vendors should be banned, and even fast-foods (no waiters) and so on

>I was reading the CBC story about this and apparently there's two cities in BC where you can't pump your own gas
Reminds me when me as a kid and my uncle went to see the NATO base in Ramstein base.
We pulled up to a gas station manned by an american fellow wearing US army cap in my uncle's VW and asked for diesel.
He said "sorry we don't serve trucks". We were completely bamboozled since it was a Golf Mk3 not a fucking truck. Apparently americans don't have diesel powered cars, only trucks.

It's very rare to see a diesel powered vehicle that isn't a truck. Almost all cars that are diesel however are VWs and very rarely a pickup.

almost half of european cars are diesel.

>Apparently americans don't have diesel powered cars
We do, it's just not common, usually only VWs are diesel.

How about getting non-ethanol gasoline in Europe? Hard to get here unless you live in a cold climate state.

>something that only affects one state
>almost every other state never even had gas station pumpers
>generalizing the entire country

hmmmmmmm

>non-ethanol gasoline
what now?

el gasolina...

you're reminding me of that terrible song, please stop

Gas without ethanol?

I was literally able to pump gas my first without anyone having explained it to me.

The fucking pump even has instructions printed on it for you to read, is it really that hard for people?

I like it
It's very nostalgic of the early 2000s hip hop

do we have ethanol in our gasoline?

Nothing wrong with neoluddism

You need to graduate the University of pumping gas, Arizona in order to be able to do that. Come on guys, that's a hard thing to do!

It's unironically only middle class white people that are unable to pump their own gas

Yes it's common there. It's cleaner, better for the environment, but it absorbs moisture and rusts the gas tank unless it's kept full all the time.

I've been driving for 10 years and I've never done that. Most (maybe all) stations here have employees doing it, and sometimes even wash your front windshield.

It's unique to North America I think. I've never seen mixed gasoline in Europe.
Most station either have 95 octane unleaded and 98 octane unleaded. Some offer "premium" gas like 100 and 102 octane shit but it's even more expensive.

Fuel sold in burgerland contains anywhere between 10% and 85% ethanol by volume.

Literally all the apparel in bought on Grailed from Poland reaked of gas
This all makes sense

Also
El aberracion...

I only knew we have some 5% biofuels mixed in our diesels by EU law

Probably because you guys are ashamed of your dumb people and don't give them attention. We, on the other hand, laugh at ours, and give them attention. Cuz it's funny.

There's one gas station nearby that has pump jockeys and it confused the FUCK out of me.

So I was wrong, but ethanol isn't good for the life span of a car.

>More jobs eliminated in the west
>People focus on how funny the tweets are

Western society is Darwinism at its finest.

>Probably because you guys are ashamed of your dumb people and don't give them attention. We, on the other hand, laugh at ours, and give them attention. Cuz it's funny.
You even made one of those your president.

Well, Americans are getting shafted on ethanol fuel in every way possible. You subsidize corn production with taxes, you subsidize ethanol production with taxes, it's cheaper for oil jewery to make ethanol-gasoline blended fuel and they sell it for roughly the same price but you have to buy more of it since ethanol is less caloric than gasoline.

in mexico, we have attendants to do it

Americans have people who work as gas pumpers?

>$12/hr USD

Jesus fuck I did that job during highschool for $8 CAD

About this, we are like burgers too and would find it weird.

>you're acting as if jobs and productivity don't change over time.

They do change, and by change I mean become automated and eliminated as a job available in society.

100 years ago we didn't have machines wiping out industries by the dozen.

But you can do it yourself if you want, though.

the thing is, we're becoming a more service-centric economy, and that's not actually a bad thing

>Oregonians need to go to Arizona to learn to pump gas

Damn

I thought that job died sometime in the 50's

giannino vattene

nothing wrong with full service gas stations