DC

What do you guys think about Batman Hush?

It's alright. I liked that art.

solid but I dont like that it has become a cornerstone of the batman mythos considering how 'ok' it was

One of the best things Loeb has written, and all things considered, it's pretty good. I don't really like it, but it's okay. I never liked Jim Lee anyways.

I also don't understand the hype about it.
I mean it was pretty good but also relativly predictable

Nice mistery story with a meh ending

Meh

I heard the long halloween was actually better
How was his Supes/Bats run?

If you ever want Sup Forums's opinion, think of it like this.

The comic isn't as great as normies make it out to be.
The comic isn't as bad as Sup Forumsntrarians make it out to be.

That's just the way the world works, baby.

I think it's got the best Jim Lee art ever though and it has some nice plot threads, as well as a nice shot of Harley Quinns ass I jerked off to once.

It's a good book for casuals to get into. A lot of popular Bat-characters make appearances (and some not so popular ones). Also it has Jim Lee's art which isn't bad at all, but for some reason seems to also be very popular with casual readers (probably due to the fact he's the only artist whose name they know).

Overrated, basically baby's first Batman comic with all those fucking villains.

The main mystery is shit, honestly.
>My childhood best friend who I have never mentioned before is here!
>Oh, but the Joker killed him!
>Oh, but that was Clayface, and he was Hush!
>And his motivation was that, as an 8-year-old, he cut the brake lines in his parents' car and tried to kill them, but Bruce's father saved his mother, and so Bruce has to pay

Very fun book, the art is great and I really likes the romance,whoever it throws all the villains in for no reason,The Joker issue was the worst of the bunch and the villains main motives were really stupid,along with the "if you introduce a new character in a mystery, that character is always the first suspect."
7/10 for experienced Bat-fags
8/10 for new readers
It isn't as good a TLH or DV like casuals say but it isn't as bad as
Sup Forumsntrarians say.

I really don't think it's overly Sup Forumsntrarian to say this is not a great comic. The mystery just isn't well written. If your finally issue is just the newly revealed mastermind explaining DIRECTLY to the audience in massive blocks of text every aspect of his plan and how it explains all of the confusing and contrived events of the comic I think your plotting needs some work. It works as a fine enough primer because it includes the whole Bat cast and Lee's art is newbie friendly but that's about it.

Long Halloween COMPLETELY blows it out of the water in terms of plotting and it's also newbie friendly. Personally Tim Sale is one of my favorite Bat artists of all time and I find Jim Lee to be one of the most overrated artists in all of comics so I'm sure that's a huge part of it.

Agreed tim sale art is much better than jim lees its like jim lee art is for lack of a better word generc, which is why he apeals to new readers

>that's considered good art

how?

What kind of answer are you looking for? You already made up your mind.

now on this one I can agree that is good

It's just okay.

Both long halloween and dark victory are better. Quality of Superman/Batman sways, but it's fun all around.

Tim Sale was the master of impossibly stylistic Batman

Is there any explanation to why Elliot was wearing those bandages aside from tricking the reader into thinking he's two-face? I know he wanted to keep his identity a secret, but bandages seem like a really strange way to go about doing that.

Heart of Hush is the vastly superior Hush story, and TLH is the vastly superior Loeb mystery Batman story.

>is a doctor
>wears surgical bandages as a disguise

Poetry, of course.

because he was supposed to be Jason Todd all scarred and burned by the explosion that killed him

I liked it more as a build up to Under the Red Hood

>Jason was actually Clayface!
>Wait, just kidding, they switched out or something!

It's good art. It's just not the art you want. It's trying to emphasize on the smile and how sinister Joker is. It's not trying to capture realism for the soul purpose of surrealism or expressionism.

Yeah that was a bit retarded, but it was a nice tease and Jason working with Hush and Riddler filled in a few blanks.

Heart of Hush is the superior story.

Hush was ok.

Best batman ever

The weakest part of Long Halloween is the art.

It's usually the first book I reccomend to people who wanna get into Batman. It has a lot of characters and explains who they are, it's a simple plot, and it's the only Jim Lee book I like.

Entertaining enough and the art is great, its like a greatest hits album

It's like a greatest hits album for a band that had great album cuts but horrible brain dead singles.

I'm a Marvel fan, but Batman's an exception.

I love Hush. It's just feels like a real celebration of Batman. Jim Lee is cool, Loeb's a good writer, and it's got a huge cast. They really threw the kitchen sink at this story. I want to see Hush in a movie.

Why Loeb made Croc into the Lizard?

>Sup Forums

Great art, awful story. No conclusion to the Hush character, awful premise.

The Long Halloween is a thousand time better then this garbage. Hush was simply a Jim Lee portfolio. Great art, shit story.

He seems to have a thing for dehumanizing Batman's non-Two-Face, non-Catwoman rogues - Mad Hatter as a monstrous pedophile, Scarecrow never taking his mask off and always speaking in nursery rhymes for some reason, etc.

The Long Halloween is GOAT desu, Dark Victory is great too, a worthy follow-up

It's poop

He wrote Catwoman as whore.

No, he wrote Catwoman as catty.

Because she's Catwoman. Duh.

sounds pretty human to me

I'm impressed how massive Batman's physique and costume got inbetween Year One and LH.

Which is funny because both of them are just mostly okay.

Long Halloween was a sequel to Year One in which she's a literal whore. Loeb fleshed her out really well beyond that.

All-star Batman art looks pretty damn great.