I have never seen Bladerunner. Only played the game back in the day and read the book. Now which version should I watch...

I have never seen Bladerunner. Only played the game back in the day and read the book. Now which version should I watch? I am afraid the Directors Cut might drag on and be too long.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JHkAZlq4HBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>plays games
>reads books
>hasnt seen bladerunner
>doesnt know which version is superior
>afraid of meaty lengths
>unironically posts on Sup Forums

wheredoyouthinkweare.tiff

The directors cut is the definitive version, no contest. Either way the movie sucks compared to the book, don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't watch any version. It's a shit film and a waste of 2 hours. Watch something else.

Unless you like the steampunk aesthetic you probably won't "get" blade runner. Pretty much the only great thing about the movie is the sets and world building. The meme acting and dialogue is overrated, the plot is very basic scifi stuff and not much happens, nothing impressive about the directing. Probably read neuromancer before watching this movie if you want to appreciate it more.

don't watch it in a dark room or you'll fall asleep

>bladerunner game
You mean Snatcher?

>steampunk aesthetic
what did he mean by this?

Or maybe this.

>steampunk

>Blade Runner
>steam punk

Blade runner and Neuromancer took tropes from french comic books and heavy metal magazines (that at the time were weeaboo as fuck) and created this steampunk idea, or aesthetic. If you think I'm making shit up read some things William Gibson said in an interview. You probably are triggered because tumblr likes steampunk, but it is in fact steampunk. Maybe "protosteampunk"

Only watch the 2006 Final Cut. Don't waste your time with other versions

Yes I am afraid of this. I have tried to watch it many times but it just dragged on and was dull like fuck yet I hear everyone fapping to it all the time. I watch almost everything starting from very early movies. I have to admit the directors cut of Fritz Lang's Metropolis also dragged on like fuck and I like old movies. People love it for it's visuals and I've got a feeling that the same applies to Blade Runner (which was heavily inspired by Lang's work of course).

Haha yeh that actually happened to me on one occasion when I've tried to watch it. So it isn't just me and I am not just being an ignorant twat but the movie is indeed boring like fuck?

How the hell do people justify this movie then? If its so dull and boring why all the love for it?

It's Cyberpunk, you dumb nigger.

No. I mean the Bladerunner game West Wood (of Command and Conquer fame) created back in the 90s. It was an amazing game and technology VERY advanced and it's a crying shame you can't get it to work anymore on modern machines. Yes i know about DOS box and I am not a computer illiterate. That's also why GOG won't offer it. Here have a look and be impressed

>youtu.be/JHkAZlq4HBs

Played it, still have the discs and box cover in fact. It wasn't technologically advanced, just another adventure game meeting the standards of the time. You must not have played very many adventure games

That's BS. I've played pretty much every adventure game there is. You just don't seem to know what you are talking about. Just look the fingers and hands. They got those right. For the time it was a technically advanced game.
It's from fucking 1997. Look at other games that came out 1997 and compare it to those.

So basically name other 1997 adventure games that were as advanced as this game.

In those days I also spent most of the time playing Leisure Suit Larry 7 (2d I know) and Duke Nukem 3d.

>Blade Runner was advertised as a "real-time 3D adventure game," since it was one of the first adventure games to use both 3D character rendering and a game world which progressed in real-time (as opposed to waiting for the player's actions). Unlike many games of its time, which used polygon-based renderers exploiting 3D accelerators, Westwood opted for their own software-based renderer using voxel technology.

>Speaking in 2015 regarding a possible re-release of the game via Steam or GOG.com, Louis Castle explained the source code and assets were lost when Westwood moved its studio from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, thus making a re-release or a HD-remaster impossible. Even if the code was found, to restore almost a terabyte of assets, whether for new pre-rendered backdrops or full real-time 3D, would cost tens of millions of dollars, making a re-release as unlikely as a sequel.

Oppps.

Final Cut is the definitive version.

It keeps all of the changes from Ridley's earlier director's cut, and adds some cleaned up audio and visual elements.

they picked a good woman to be the robot

Oh, I see. You're a graphics whore.

Westwood made shit games, voxel was a buzzword and didn't improve gameplay nor make the game look better than contemporary games like The Dig, and you have no idea what you're talking about. I doubt your IQ is even above 130. Go fuck yourself, faggot.

Don't listen to the guy telling you the directors cut.

The Final Cut is the best way to watch Blade Runner. Period.

the workprint

Just watch the final cut, it's the definitive and best version of the movie, which is fantastic also. It's one of my favorite movies, although it does deviate from the book.

The director's cut is the version that people like. Everyone hated the theatrical cut.

But if you watch it, don't watch it expecting it to be an action movie. If you do, you'll be very disappointed.

dont youre gonna be disappoint if you read the book 1st