Anyone else could not care less about this event?

Anyone else could not care less about this event?

It wasn't really so much an "event"

it was

>Rhodey died
>"Tony, calm down bro"

Why are there two Iron men?

I only care about the Bingo

only consumer whores like Sup Forumsmblr and tumblr cares about it. they'll consume any kind of graphic media.

prove me wrong.

What other movies can Bendis haphazardly rip off for his next event?

Maybe have it so that Tony builds a bunch of plastic faced law enforcement robots who eventually decide to demand freedom

might as well call bingo already. the top row will be it.

The only Marvel titles on my pull are Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen so my only investment is in hoping that Bendis' bullshit does minimal damage to Kamala...

Why do Captain America and Spiderman agree with arresting people before they commit crimes? Isn't that what this whole thing is about?

I'm just tired of Marvel heroes fighting each other.

The villains, by all rights, should have won long enough with all this infighting.

Villain Civil War when?

Not really. And that's the problem, if it was it would be full Minority Report. But it's dumber, since instead of arresting people before they commit crimes they just follow them and stop them if it looks like they're actually going to do it. So there's no real point to disagreeing with it.

Nah. Carol's side will win the war. Unless it's talking about a moral victory, then it's not getting filled in.

This. I care about Kamala will be affected. Carnage and Nova seem safe from permanent harm caused by the event, at least. Don't really care about the big players in cw2 or what will happen to them (except Ulysses because he's qt) but if any of them were my favorites I'd probably be a lot more fanny flustered.

copy and pasted panels needs to be checked, read Civil War II - Ulysses, 90% of the pages use 10% of the art.

So they're doing what they would normally do anyways if they come across someone or people about to commit a crime? What's the controversy? I thought they were using some kind of technology to follow people thus infringing on their rights to privacy.

user, it's an Infinity Comic, they always do that.
More importantly, that bingo refers to the main book by bendis only.

My problem is the conflict so far is stupid.
Tony Stark is blaming Ulysses for Rhodey's death even though that makes no fucking sense, and that has nothing to do with the Minority Report scenario the event is supposed to be about.

It's exactly like Civil War 1, in that what Carol's plans actually are vary from tie-in to tie-in.

>they just follow them and stop them if it looks like they're actually going to do it

that's... very reasonable

Is the other side the ridiculously evil one?

For all the flaws this event already has, there is one that breaks the entire premise of this event. One that, going forward, will make this event an even bigger farce if they don't address it. (I'm sure Ewing will at some point, but Bendis wont.)

Why does Ulysses' powers matter in a world where time machines, time travelers, and PREEXISTING precogs exist? What makes him so special that everyone gives more of a shit over him, rather than Cable, who is standing in the same room Medusa introduces him in?

And even if it's revealed that his predictions are somehow better than his predecessors, why should any of the characters care about him before that advantage is made known?

The dumbest thing was in Ms. Marvel. Ulysses predicts that a Canadian Ninja (just roll with it) will steal a tank, drive it around town, and then the tank will explode because of a self-destruct mechanism he doesn't know about.
So Ms. Marvel stops him after he's already stolen the tank and driven it all around NJ.
After he's arrested, a character (who knows nothing about Ulysses) expresses concern that he's going to be tried for something he might have done, which doesn't work since he already stole the tank and intended to use it for criminal purposes, which is enough for a conviction in the real world, no Ulysses needed.

The problem with modern marvel events is that they don't even try to be events, at most they're crossovers between two or three books that has no lasting impact. In this case, it's Iron Man, Inhumans, and Ultimates. Civil War I was shit, but at least everyone was involved and it changed the natute of the entire marvel universe for a while.

It's been stated as his being probability-based rather than purely mystic precognition. It's the future most likely to happen.

that's the villains natural state if they aren't part of the same faction with a unified goal or ideology

The Mad Thinker could do that already.

MODOK could too, but he inexplicably got nerfed.

I'm not really paying all that much attention to this garbage but did they follow up yet on predicting Hulk killing the Avengers so they go after Bruce? because it seems that's so far the most likely to be an actual reasonable argument against using Ulysses as a tool to stop crime or at least making his shit become self-fulfilling prophecies that acting on them causes the problems he sees

>The Mad Thinker could do that already.
Ulysses is actually better than the Mad Thinker. The Mad Thinker's predictions failed whenever an "X-Factor" he couldn't account for came into the picture, like people he didn't know about or things about a person he had no way of knowing. Ulysses doesn't need any intel to formulate his predictions, he doesn't know who most of the people in his predictions even are.

Nope, self-fulfilling prophecies aren't something that can be caused by Ulysses, since he can only predict a future in which he never made a prediction. Most of his visions don't come true precisely because he warns other people about them, Tony Stark sees this as proof that he's unreliable, but someone with a brain would see it as proof of how useful he is.
What's likely gonna happen with Banner is that Hawkeye or someone else is going to kill him while he's still powerless.

Which is why his power doesn't really fit it's description. He can see possibilities in some form of hypermathematical process in his brain. However his power is more like Wanda's since it can just perceive reality and it's probabilities without being cognizant of them or having any form of study. Honestly for as much as Bendis hates Wanda he sure likes creating his own mini-versions of them.

> I don't read comics

ok

Tony kidnapped and assaulted a guy, but he was being quirky, so it's charming.

Okay, then how are his predictions better than Kang or Cable time traveling?

Sidenote: Have Kang and Cable ever met/fought. It's a question that's been killing me.

>they just follow them
you know, like the kids did at the beginning of CW1 because that worked out so well

>Is the other side the ridiculously evil one?
No, the other side is just Tony acting like a manchildren

>Okay, then how are his predictions better than Kang or Cable time traveling?
They aren't, like you said, there's no reason for Ulysses to be a big deal while other precogs and time travellers never were.

>Sidenote: Have Kang and Cable ever met/fought. It's a question that's been killing me.
I believe Cable and Rama-Tut met.

>I believe Cable and Rama-Tut met.

Which issue? I wanna read.

I get triggered by people referring to Tony as one of the smartest people in the MU when he's consistently written as mentally challenged

Issue 57 of Cable's solo series

So, Ulysses is named after the main character of Homer's Odyssey, where prophecies ALWAYS come true and can never be avoided, yet his power is making prophecies that can be avoided.
Was this contradiction intentional on Bendis' part, or did he not realize the discrepancy?

Doesn't Miguel have a time machine in Peter's basement?

Didn't Peter have a story where he tried to prevent an apocalyptic future, only to find out the only way to stop it from happening was to do nothing?

His original name was Homer, so...

Also he doesn't see the irony in the fact that Tony wants to stop Carol from going Minority Report before she actually has.

God, how much more bearable would this event be if they fighting over Homer Simpson?

The thing is, despite the shitty execution, the first Civil War presented a legitimately interesting argument as far as whether or not superheroes need regulation. This event is just two factions that end up fighting because of their pigheaded leaders making rash, ill thought out decisions and more forced Inhumans shit.

wait is Ulysses his regular name or a hero name

It's his regular name, his "hero" name is apparently "The Profiler"

so....every civil war ever

Source on that atrocity?

The problem is that nothing really feels "at stake" here. With CW1 there was the threat of being arrested for performing vigilante activity if you did not register with SHIELD/government

CW 2 is literally just 2 different opinions on the idea of precog/minority report shit.

Tony's side should push more of the "we don't know if these precog events are going to happen if we keep stopping them" instead of "MUH RHODEY"

Obviously shits supposed to go full tilt with whatever is happening with Banner, but we know he's Hulk free. I think what's gonna happen is Clint kills banner under orders, without knowing Banmer is hulk free. Cho is gonna go nuts because he spent all that effort saving Banner from ever turning into the Hulk, just to get killed because some kid had visions of a hulk. Cho is gonna go full hulk rage mode and make Ulysses vision come true.

wow, so instead of finding a way to get people to agree with Tony on principle, they just gave the mcguffin a name they'd just hate on it's own

And then Chulk kills Clint

I hope the villians attack them use the opportunity to steal who knows how much money or valuable items
things that allow science villains to do dangerous research
world domination
whatever they could do while the hero's are busy

is ms.marvel a lesbo?

You have to have some form of intellect to write an intelligent character.

Ewing's Ultimate issue yesterday made this whole thing tolerable, as with Marvel, the tie ins are better than the main bendis issues

>the first Civil War presented a legitimately interesting argument as far as whether or not superheroes need regulation

Marvel is shit. They only sell because of "controversial topics". With Rebirth actually feeling really good to read, I stopped reading Marvel comics. They need new writers and new characters. Hell, they need a full on reboot or some shit. Or just an event to get characters back to fucking normal. S

There real difference between both Civil Wars is that the stakes in II are completely fabricated. As mentioned before, there are tens if not hundreds of precogs and precognitive technologies that existed in the Marvel universe prior to this story.

Ulysses really shouldn't matter at all, but because Marvel needs a summer event, and Bendis loves telling shitty stories, both the readers and the characters involved have to pretend it matters. Otherwise the entire premise falls apart before you can read past the comic's cover.

This story would have worked better in an original setting with original characters, but since it uses an aged universe with an aged plot device, it just doesn't work unless you pretend it does.

this only counts the main book or the side books also?

The whole premise is dumb even by current Marvel standards.
The first one might be getting a lot of shit, but the biggest fault was some of the key players acting quite dumb. However, the conflict at the root was believable and the motivations were pretty consistent, only some of the choices made especially by the pro-reg side were facepalm worthy.

This is one is just completely fucking stupid from the onset. Sure, it's mostly a way to coincide with the movie and help push some new characters/books, especially Inhumans, but it should still make some narrative sense.

Seriously, it would be more fitting both with Marvel's storytelling style and narrative purposes if they were fighting over transgender bathroom laws across the galaxy or some shit.

Main book only(updated to the current issue), but I had to check the "comically good" spot because all the tie-ins are failing to explain why Ulysses powers shouldn't be trusted

Or a Kree/Skrull immigration crisis.

At least THAT would've been more interesting.

do we get to check "X-men are absent" since Beast is a traitor?

> Event pushes a new relaunch.

Pretty much confirmed.

For one, that's not Civil War II itself, just a tie-in so it doesn't count. Second off, that's an infinite comic. Those aren't copy-pasted panels. They're all the same panel going through different variations because that's how infinite comics work.

No. The X-men were in the first issue and Jean played a key role in the first issue. Meaning that box will never be checked.

We get to check that one only if no X-Men are present during the main conflict( they don't have to fight like in the last CW). This means it will be one of the last to be checked, even if we get it.
I'm afraid Bendis will use Teen Jean or Kitty somewhere, but if he does that we get "Waifu Favoritism" so no great loss

What is it this time?

>Carol's side will win the war.

Is Ulysses going to be part of the status quo, then? It would be easier if he gets killed off.

>The villains, by all rights, should have won long enough with all this infighting.

They did, it was called Dark Reign. Then they started infighting.

All Marvel geniuses are a mess.

Reed Richards is autistic.

Tony Stark has arrested emotional development.

Hank Pym is... Hank Pym except when he's Ultron, like now.

Peter Parker has borderline personality disorder.

Victor von Doom is a narcissistic sociopath.

Bruce Banner has dissociative identity disorder.

in Marvel, stealing hi-tech tanks isn't even a crime.

I can't even bring myself to read the event out of anger or to laugh at it.

I feel like this even was constructed so that Carol could be the lead character in a Marvel event.

I don't even know what's going on, man.

People have been storytiming stuff and I get maybe two pages in before almost falling asleep.

You can feel that they're trying to do the Minority Report thing without going full Minority Report, because they don't want to make her too bad.

They want the conflict but they don't want the moral shadow on her character. So we're left with a story where nothing makes sense and motivations are driven by a plot device that is never actually introduced.

Blue Marvel's a mentally healthy, emotionally mature genius, though.

Is it in the same universe as in the first one?

What's the justification of another Civil War?

If I were a Joe Schmoe in Marvel, I'd be pretty annoyed with how petty superheroes are starting gang wars every other month.

I can't find the words to express how retarded this is.

He's estranged from his family and his youngest son is a quasi-supervillian because he got his eldest son trapped in the Anti-Matter Zone.