>I
>I
>I
>for me
>me
>ME
>ME
>ME

Isn't Dora still the owner of the coffee shop.

Wow, the art managed to actually get worse, what the fuck is going on with the faces in the last panel?

>Dora wants to move on with her life and be happy and successful
>Terrible Butch Phase is still consumed by all her hangups and is drowning herself in a new identity so she can continue avoiding them.
>Can't stand to see people she's removed herself from move on when she can't reconcile her own issues and demands they don't improve

Sounds about what's going on to me.

>you can't just be nice to customers

Uh, Faye?

YOU WERE FUCKING FIRED FOR GETTING WASTED AT WORK

You don't GET a say.

Jesus,
>"Its like coming home and finding your room has been changed..."
This bitch clearly over-identified with her fucking job. It is not her home and refusing to let go even after getting fired and finding a new job is absurd.

Thought that was the library lesbian not Faye.

God damn this comic is shit.

>I
>I
>Me
>Me
>Mine

She was drinking, not wasted. Which really isn't a big deal for something as menial as working at a coffee shop.

The real problem is that Dora fired Faye and listed off all the reasons the coffee shop was fun and successful in the first place. Hell, she even promoted her the week before. Then comes around and says that Faye has always been a huge piece of shit.

Dora is a fucking cunt. Remember that she loves Tai who gets wasted at work all the time, abuses her employees, has a guaranteed job because of blackmail, and went from pussy to pussy without any hang ups.

All the things, and worse, that she hated about Faye and Sven. Dora is a cunt. She will never not be a cunt. She's fucking terrible.

Hell, when she had that massive breakdown after dumping Marten it was Faye that helped her get a therapist and get back on her feet. When Faye has a crisis after a bad break up, she gets fired. Dora is a shitty friend. And a shitty boss since she had Emily start working without realizing that Emily didn't work there.

Why did here eyes turn blue in that last panel?

Jeph has lots of errors when he posts the pages. In "you and me" Marten originally was sitting on a bed with sheets the exact same color as the wall. Same with the pillow.

Faye actually was drunk, but not in the "revealing your pussy to a room of bar goers" drunk.

Jesus the art is fucking awful in this one

DId he stab his hand again?

Wait wait wait

Those are Dora and Faye?

The are sure have changed. Not sure I want to catch up now.

Frenchfag here.
What the fuck is a "raisin d'entrée"?
It means "appetizer grape"
The correct "why people go in" would be "raison d'entrer"

They're trying to say raison d'être, I think.

Unless it was a pun, in which case 1) haha 2) fuck no that doesn't make sense

I think Jeph actually knows how to spell it, but the idea is Faye is a fucking dumbass bitch who would get it wrong. But maybe it was a fuck up on Jeph's part.

Reversed edit

She was functioning. She had a buzz, but wasn't obviously drunk of Dora would have realized it without her sneaking away for another drink.

But that would have been a better option than what we got.

>What do you want?
>I'd like something strong, what ever you recommend. Make it large.
>Faye pulls out her tits
>How about these then?
>Everyone, even hannelore, starts pouring money into the tip jar

>but not in the "revealing your pussy to a room of bar goers" drunk
That would've been pretty hot

now I just miss Handy Jay's

>>I need to do what's best for me
You are trying to set tha up as if it was a bad thing to say.

It doesn't mean being a slefish bastard, it simply mean taking care of yourself too.

There is a saying that goes "Good ordered charity start with yourself" and the fact that doing what she is doing lead to her being nicer to other isn't bad either.

Nerve damage from multiple self-inflicted stabs to the hand.

I think it was to imply her pronunciation of it.

Jeph is the dumbass that got it wrong, he thinks he's French now that he lives in Canada

But that's actually canon to QC. Dora was losing money hand over fist until Faye came in and started treating customers horribly.

That's retarded

Faye also got some business making fancy custom espresso machines. That's why her welding stuff is there.

But thank god they've made the coffee shop so much better.

subtle

Huh, that works well.

There was an edit where someone just used one panel from each page and the story played out indiscriminately from a regular comic. QC is a miracle of laziness

In another strip, Momo I think it was constantly switches between long sleeves and short sleeves. He really phones it in for this comic.

Is it supposed to be funny that she mispronounced raison d'être, or is that an author mistake?

Also:

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA US FORMER GOTHS, AMIRITE?

At least he's getting away from the outdated faux-cynical poser crap.

For quite some time the cultural attitudes were like something out if a time capsule from 2005.

Hey, at least he's breaking mold and trying some actual expressions/unusual angles.

Maybe if he keeps up he'll improve in 20 years time.

> Edits better than the original
Every. Single. Time. Where's my QCOC comic?

>raisin d'etree
faye is literally so retarded that when she speaks words incorrectly, it sounds like she's spelling them wrong

Boo. Boo, Jeph Jaques. Boo.

This reminds me, I've got to start having a drinking problem. My dysfunction needs structure.

I haven't read QC in years. The art looks like it's actually gotten worse.

Speaking from experience, it's not a good idea. You'll either have to stay an alcoholic or you'll never be able to casually drink again.

This is still the saddest thing I've seen all week, and I watched Kuma Miko

Jesus fuck those faces in panels 2 & 3.

>You got sober
SHE WASN'T EVEN AN ALCOHOLIC
SHE ONLY GOT DRUNK
YOU FUCKING HACK

All these characters look the same

Faye is a raging lesbian cunt who is upset that Dora is no longer a raging lesbian cunt. Faye wants Dora to be a raging lesbian cunt again even though her raging lesbian cuntness fucked her over in the past.

I'm pretty sure this is a new low for Jeph. I'm honestly not sure who he expects his fans to be rooting for.

She was always a heavy drinker.

No, she was always able to handle her liquor.

Maybe it's just because I was in the navy, but Faye wasn't a problem drinker. She liked drinking. She got drunk and passed out once after losing the only job she had for years and getting into a fight with one of her oldest friends.

Big fucking deal. You know what a problem drinker is? Someone that almost drinks themselves to death because it's a tuesday. Someone that chooses to buy beer over medication. Someone that doesn't know how to stop themselves from driving drunk after a party. Someone that drinks just about every day to the point where not drinking gives them a head ache.

Faye drank too much because she had a reason to. And now they're pretending that she can't drink at all anymore and somehow working with an underground fighting ring is "moving up in her life"

Faye has the shittiest friends.

I think it was that Jeph stopped drinking, and he's not able to write characters that he doesn't relate to.

That being said, I think I've figured out what I hate so much about this comic:

It's Jeph's life fantasy
Think about it: name the male characters that have appeared at least five times:
>Martin
>Steve
>pintsize
>Sven
>August, or whatever Faye's last dude's name was
>Martin's Dads
>Elliot (big alt. coffee shop dude?)
>Poet dude
>indian dude
>clinton
>hanner's dad
>alt. coffee shop owner

Now name all the female characters with 5+ appearances:
>Faye, Dora, librarian lez, asian librarian, hanners, marigold, momo, bubbles, martin's mom, renee, brun, martin's indian ex, girl martin hooked up with, other girl who works at coffee shop, penelope, Steve's ex from the beginning of the comic, sven's intern, black lib. intern, sam, raven from early comics

Claire left out.
Score for about all I can think of:
>Men:13
>Women: 22
And of the men, only four (martin, pintsize, indian dude, clinton) have appeared recently. Pintsize aside, they're ALL PUSHOVERS. Nice guys, always helpful, and they all get laid for doing nothing. Hell, the comic goes out of it's way to try to show how Sven was a bad guy for picking up women assertively! None of them have any visible skills (When was the last time Martin played guitar?), and they catch women like flies to honey.

This comic is what Jeph wishes his life could be like. Use Adblock. Don't play into his fantasy.

>tl:dr Jeph wishes women liked 'nice guys' and expresses it in his comic.

>Use Adblock.
I only read it when it's posted on Sup Forums.

Yeah, that extreme example certainly describes the only way to be an alcoholic. What would we do without you, user?

Still can't get over how tiny these chairs are.

>This comic is what Jeph wishes his life could be like.

Okay explain why Claire has turned into Jeph's expy.

So is this going to end with Dora exclusively being a dick to and giving bad service to Faye while being nice to everyone else?

No. That would be funny.

good man

You're just now figuring this out?

>I can't go anywhere else because I was a cunt, so I'll modify this place to fit my desires
Godamnit Faye

you'd probably be handing out AA pamphlets out on university campuses to anyone that ever passed out drunk once telling them how they have a disease and can never drink again under any circumstances.

Ha ha!

Rape.

Jpeg never does that.

It's almost like the scale isn't right and was drawn by a complete hack.

The second panel doesn't make sense that way though

like any of this makes sense

granted

>I'm honestly not sure who he expects his fans to be rooting for.
I think it's pretty transparent that Faye is the wrong one here.

Just like when Sven was the villain

>That being said, I think I've figured out what I hate so much about this comic:
>It's Jeph's life fantasy
This has been pretty obvious since about strip number one mate.

Yeah.
To be fair, on a regular (bland as shit) story it'd be pretty obvious that Faye is wrong as wrong can be, but considering this is Jeph's magical emporium of no one ever being wrong and no actual drama with lasting effects happening ever at all, I can actually see him trying to play "Dora is improving as a person in an objectively positive manner after being a raging retard for a decade" as the wrong decision since its upsets the stupid ass status quo.

Fucking hell I post that bloody Revolver Ocelot meme once and then forget to remove the name.

>The Hun has been Shunned, and Jeph is probably super butthurt about it

I'm so happy

I WAS RIGHT.

Death to German superiority, and death to QC

Oh Britain. How could you make a decision I don't agree with!

boy is he gonna be sad when Trump wins and challenges Trudeau to a fight to the death