What old shows do you think would make interesting/fun reboots?

What old shows do you think would make interesting/fun reboots?

>Dover Boys on Adult Swim

Other urls found in this thread:

abgcomics.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Wacky Races?
made by the guys who made Motorcity

Surrealist satire of Victorian cliches I could dig. I'd be less excited for the gratuitous violence and misogyny I would expect from Adult Swim

>That incorrect katakana

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Hong Kong Phooey done up like Black Dynamite both in tone and art style
Quick Draw Magraw could also be interesting if it had a "lucky luke" influence

And animated by the team behind Redline.

The Pirates of Dark Water remade with the visual style of "Tales of the Black Freighter".

One of them straight up doesn't even exist.

>misogyny
You say this as if Victorian-era storytelling wasn't rife with such.

There's a Wacky Races reboot going on right now. But it sucks.

Every time I see that picture my brain tries to figure out what that could even be. Would it explicitly shift to an "L" sound or something?

Some old hannah barbara action cartoon maybe herculoids i loved that old barbarian warrior in strange savage lands but he-man was too much a toy commercial and they never quite got the action right on those older cartoons

You spelled "Dover" wrong, faggot.

You can't even put a dakuten over an r-kana. And you don't use the a-kana to extend the vowel sound, anyway.

Christ. You strike me as the kind of guy who insists that Japanese audio is better than dubs even though you don't speak Japanese and have no idea what it is you're hearing.

Poser.

>Christ. You strike me as the kind of guy who insists that Japanese audio is better than dubs even though you don't speak Japanese and have no idea what it is you're hearing.
I can't watch dubs because Johnny Yong Bosch has the most annoying voice of all time and he's in everything. Steve Blum is second most annoying.

OP, I can't even type the katakana in that image. You cannot do what you have done. It is awful.

>ドーバー
or
>ドーヴァー

I mean, even if you can't read or speak or type Japanese, you could've figured this out. I just typed "Dover" in English into Japanese Wikipedia and it gave me the correct kana.

A noose. Use it. No one will ever know.

Is that the one that looks like Mad Max mixed with Death Race 2000?

>Would it explicitly shift to an "L" sound or something?

B sound, actually. Japanese doesn't have 'Ls' either.

No; L,V or Th. Those would usually be replaced with R, B and S.

>No V

In domestic Japanese, yes. But when sounding out foreign words, they've developed kana strictly for the "V" sound to differentiate it from a "B" sound.

>ヴ

They still use バ interchangeably when they want a "V" sound because they're stupid and can't into Engrish with any consistency.

Lol. You guys know a foreign language, you didn't discover the cure for cancer. Dial back the self-importance a bit.

Spoken like a true Murrican.

You're the only country on Earth with a monolingual majority.

Most of us are bilingual at a minimum. It's not even considered "smart", just a basic of standard intellect.

But I guess in Burgerstan, the land of the monolingual, even the bilingual man is king.

>It's not even considered "smart", just a basic of standard intellect.
Reread my post and consider it's meaning. Because that's pretty much exactly what I said. I'm not the one acting like knowing Katakana makes me god's gift to the internet.

>You're the only country on Earth with a monolingual majority.

I don't understand if you're baiting or you're just plain retarded. Probably a mix of both.

Except Has a point

>Christ. You strike me as the kind of guy who insists that Japanese audio is better than dubs even though you don't speak Japanese and have no idea what it is you're hearing.

If you can't understand the language then you really have no place saying which audio is "better". You're just a weeaboo who thinks it's superior because it is Glorious Nipponese even if all you hear is a cacophony of indecipherable gibberish.

>I don't understand if you're baiting or you're just plain retarded. Probably a mix of both.

Speak to any Bong, or fuck it I'll give them the credit, any European, and they will speak a bare minimum of two languages. It is standard.

I have never met anyone from Burgerstan who could speak more than English, and even then, I could hardly qualify what they spoke to be "English".

Also, it might be to your benefit to know that there is no such thing as an "English accent". It is our language. YOU are the ones with the foreign accent.

Just throwing that out there; you probably didn't know it.

wait that aired already?

>wait that aired already?

He's probably talking about the OTHER Wacky Races reboot, the DC comic, that's already been published.

So there's gonna be two different, unrelated Wacky Races reboots going on at once.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Christ, you guys must be great at parties.

Most dubbed voice acting is terrible, I'm sure the original voice acting is bad too but I don't speak Japanese so it doesn't bother me.

Plus I read the subtitles for everything I watch no matter what language it's in so the actual audio track doesn't matter that much

I didn't believe Americans were really this stupid, but now I've seen it for myself.

I would love to see these but I'm afraid Cal arts alumnis will just fuck it up with leftist liberal femishits

So, baiting, then.

Yep.

>only country
>only country
>only country
You guys can barely read one language, jesus.

OP didn't even draw that, you morons

abgcomics.com/

Who thought making Wacky Races a post-apocalyptic comic would be a good idea? Wouldn't it work just as well to keep it in the 60's?

Sup Forumsutist are awfully stingy about the chicken scratch of their masters

>Someone's criticizing Murrica
>But Murrica is perfect
>They must be baiting!

Keep believing that lie, lardlad.

Wait, what do the katakanakatanakamekilekihimekilekiheinieho say?

I'm glad to see delusional insanity isn't just relegated to the western world.

Spoken like a true Amerifat who has never visited any part of Europe before.

Woah there, buddy. 'Europe' is a pretty big country... where in 'Europe' are you from?

Pseudo-pedantic self contradicting fuck.

~Oh Dora dear, sweet Dora dear~
~Keep courage up and chin held high~
~The stalwart sons of old P.U.~
~Are here at hand to do or die~

P.U.
P.U.
WE'RE ALL FOR YOU
YAY
BOOM

No where in my post did I call Europe a country.

You have the reading comprehension of a Downy. Or maybe just an average American.

European nations are bordered on multiple sides by a diverse and multilingual community.

The United States is bordered by French-English speaking Canada and Spanish speaking Mexico with the US's population dwarfing both of it's neighbors'. It's not really surprising that the average American would have little need or use to learn a second language.

You're confusing intellect with necessity. If we had multiple borders with other countries that we crossed regularly for whatever reason or had borders encompassing a country with 1/10 the land mass and installed immigrant populations then we too would be speaking multiple languages.

Why are you so quick to dismiss an entire people based on ignorant and misinformed opinions? I'm from Quebec and live in Sandiego. I speak Spanish, french, and English. I'm a naturalized US citizen. It was very difficult to get citizenship but not nearly as difficult as it is to get Canadian citizenship. I love both my countries but it seems all you have is hatred. Who hurt you?

most americans speak spanish and portuguese why are you comparing clusters of nations to a single country, hombre?

You have to jump through quite a few mental hoops to justify laziness and stupidity.

It's my understanding that secondary languages are taught in all high schools in the country and are requirements for graduation in most of them. The same way secondary languages are taught to us here in "Bongland" or whatever stupid shit you like to call it.

The difference is that we're intelligent enough to learn the language. Americans are not.

Justify it all you want, but the isolation and refusal to cross borders to learn new languages and cultures, excuse it as "necessity" all you like, has left your people quite stupid.

It's basically intellectual inbreeding that's left you all as linguistic mongoloids. Also, you're fat.

>You have to jump through quite a few mental hoops to justify laziness and stupidity.

Mental gymnastics are the only sort of gymnastic Amerifats are good at.

We acknowledge that we have a different accent. We have different accents and dialects within our country, nobody denies it. Idk why you deny the fact that you have an accent as well.

What's wrong, user, afraid of strong hairy vaginas?

>Also you're fat.

Upvote ;)

This is sacrilegious

Yeah Dover Boys should never be related to that weeb trash.

THE KATAKANA! I'LL CHANGE IT! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

>A noose. Use it. No one will ever know.

This thread.

The UK's bilingualism rate isn't that much higher than the US' and is still far less than half the population. You're talking out your ass dog.

BRING BACK POPEYE

>You're talking out your arse
Fixed this for you, you cocking wanker.

I've never met a bong who speaks more than one language

and it isn't required that you take a secondary language to graduate, even if you did french and spanish are the only two on offer most of the time and are hardly required for use in the USA.

nevermind that most people in a given nation generally only speak it's language. most people don't have a use for a second language unless they travel a lot, as it is you could fit multiple european nations inside the USA.

canadians and mecicans have to learn english to do business with the US anyways.

why bother?

Powerpuff Girls in the style of Futari wa Pretty Cure. Or at the very least Saiyan Arc DBZ, before it became a beam spam transformation fest.

i can get behind this