The fourth Marvel NOW! 2...

The fourth Marvel NOW! 2.0 "Divided" teaser shows Black Panther (whose fourth issue of his overhyped as fuck solo is now delayed to July 27) and the Prowler.

I think the modus operandi of those Deodato teasers is to show lesser-known characters below well-known ones.

Mosaic
Slapstick
Not War Machine
Prowler

Most of them have been Black too

>Prowler ongoing

Cardiac or Songbird next, please

>Cardiac
I didn't know anyone else remembered him!

>DC's Rebirth seeks to bring the DC universe back together into a form greater than the sum of its parts
>Marvel's New Marvel NOW! seeks to divide the Marvel Universe more than ever before in its life

It's like pottery. It rimes.

So the theme is MarvelNOW!: Separate but Equal?

>Marvel NOWer will just be a bunch of diversity books
>it will somehow outsell DC due to heavy marketing and controversy

fuck this gay earth

PI am excited for the slapstick solo

Slapstick book will be that Deadpool spin-off

Are we even sure the people in these teasers are getting on-goings? And framing this as a heroes divided thing immediately after another Civil War event seems like a bait and switch, honestly.

Mosaic is.

The Marvel Race War has began

Cardiac appeared recently in Spider-Man

Why does Slapstick look so realistic these days?

Isn't he supposed to look deliberately out of place, drawn in a different style from everyone around him?

He just looks like some regular guy in a costume, makeup, and wig -- not a living cartoon.

It's because his life has been shit since he left the spotlight.

Dis team tho

Who's Not War Machine?

And that's such a shame, because he was created to be a lighthearted character immune to the grim darkness of the 90s.

he is literally the Brendan Fraiser of MU

Some black teenage girl who built an Iron Man armor in her dorm room at MIT

Bendis just introduced her and she's clearly supposed to be the new War Machine

Marvel actually stumbled with Captain Hydra and Civil War 2

The hype train may have finally derailed

Oh.

But that's stupid as fuck, though.

CWII, yeah. But Captain HYDRA was a slam dunk for them. It turned out better than even they had hoped it would.

Meant for

It's Bendis. Of course it's stupid.

I'd wait for Cap #3 before making that call

It's proof of Brevoort's conclusion that making people angry pushes comics.
Apparently order sales for issue #2 went through the roof.

In what book was she introduced?

We've had proof that that's the case for years. If anything, the thing that has made CWII such a flop is that it only has people getting apathetic, which is what Brevoort said is the worst.

No one is getting angry, or happy, or hype or anything for CWII. They're just going "oh ok." Even the people that always go all in on Marvel's big summer events can tell how lazy this one is.

Invincible Iron Man

I will laugh so hard if Warren Ellis does Prowler

Never heard about the apathy part, but yeah, I probably should have said Captain Hydra is only the LATEST bit of proof.

It's amazing how much Nothing is actually happening in Civil War 2. Coupled with Captain Hydra, I foresee a future of individual self-contained events in Marvel's books based upon revelations regarding characters that alter their entire history, backwards and forwards.

Watch Peter Parker be all like "I was never bitten by a radioactive spider. That was just a lie. Turns out I'm an Inhuman."

Nono, the spider was spliced with inhuman genes, which got transferred to Peter.

Did you really think that radiation alone could give superpowers?

Aww T'challa is a sad kitty.

>Never heard about the apathy part
The whole "anger sells comics" thing from brevoort started when someone asked him
>What is Marvel more scared of, apathetic fans or angry fans
And he said that apathetic fans are death for sales, whereas angry fans increase sales. Which resulted in a bunch of people going "that's bullshit, why would anger help sales?" and then he went on his big shpeels about how anger means controversy and controversy always results in an increase of sales for them everytime.

With the CWII reveal, the LAST thing they wanted was for people to go "meh, ok, I guess Cap is Hydra now." The reaction they wanted was "OH FUCK CAP IS HYDRA WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT REEEEEEE?!"

How so?

>But that's stupid as fuck, though.
Be glad that it's not his niece because giving Rhodey a super smart niece out of nowhere seem like they were trying to make him Marvel's Steel.