What was up with a lot of cartoons in the 70s & 80s having anthropomorphic cats?

What was up with a lot of cartoons in the 70s & 80s having anthropomorphic cats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4NaQRyc6BkI
youtube.com/watch?v=APrBdP0bBJM
youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cats are sexy.

The language of Catgirls crosses all times, countries, languages, and religions.

Some people think that Math is the universal language, when in reality, it is catgirls.

Female felines are very lovely.

I can point this fella

youtu.be/4NaQRyc6BkI

In Star Trek's case, they're using an animated format.

So you can be more creative with character ideas, instead of trying to use costumes that wouldn't look good.

The one on the Star Trek animated show was a call out to another sci fi franchise.

People like cats, and they're easy to anthropomorphise.

Egyptians confirm.

Because cat-people are an easy way to make aliens/humanoids in fantasy/science-fiction settings without having to put much effort to it. Also, cartoons are made by adults, and the lewdness of cat-women is present through history. The Egyptian goddess of violence and sex (and violent sex) was Sekhmet, a lion-headed lady.

Which would be?

The first human female Sup Forums character you can remember is made into an avatar of bast, complete with furshit makeover.

Is this an improvement y/n

>Some people think that Math is the universal language, when in reality, it is catgirls.
kek

>Jane Porter
ye

Cats are the master race

If its not a human face you can't say its off model

I'm guessing the Kzin, from Larry Niven's books?

Considering their was an entire episode of Star Trek TAS featuring that race, yeah I'd say that's a safe guess buddy.

The Kzinti in TAS were a separate species, though according to background material they were related to the Caitians.

Wasn't there several sci-fi book series about humans having sex with cat aliens?

I think one is still ongoing today but I cant remember the name

Filmation had many animation problems but going off model ever was not one of them

Furries had more clout back in the day lad.

Cats are one of the more anthropomorphised species. Some of the oldest anthro depictions are cat people, including the oldest one ever. it probably owes to kitty-cat faces already being fairly flat, like our own. They're also expressive, and their agility has always impressed mankind.

When you get down to it, cats just make great animal-people material.

Also, TAS was cool and should be considered canon, especially if we're going to consider VOY and *shudder* ENT canon.

TAS was totally delightful, I don't understand people who don't want it canon

Probably because it was a cartoon, and did a few silly things. At least the Caitians caught on. And I believe ENT hinted at some TAS stuff, too. But then again, ENT was horrible.

TAS has actually been considered canon since 2007

>dat purr

It was pretty silly but that's what made it fun

Oh, good

The Greco-Roman god of love, Cupid, was a naked little boy. Coincidence?

>The Egyptian goddess of violence and sex (and violent sex) was Sekhmet, a lion-headed lady.

Where does "sex and violent sex" come from? I only ever read that she's a war goddess, but I've heard other anons mention sex. . Got any sources?

The Egyptian empire existed for around 3000 years. The roles of gods mutated over that time. It seems she took the role of love goddess for at least some time. Or it might have been Bastet. They did merge at some point, I think.

Egyptian mythology is the lewdest mythology. Even the Greek's pantheon of rapists can't compete.

Every Egyptian deity has at least a little "god/goddess of 'love'" in them.

>Selina Kyle
Yes...

youtube.com/watch?v=APrBdP0bBJM

Wasn't she in a relationship with fucking Anubis too?

Maybe because, like ALL of early ST, it had some really poorly written episodes.

>goes down on you
>pukes a furball on your dick

>Egyptian mythology is the lewdest mythology.
Bitches don't know 'bout my Eshu Elegba.

Yup. Kzinti. And yeah, the Caitan are basically the Vulcan's to Kzinti's Romulans. Except as furry cat-people. Back then the whole sci-fi community pretty much revolved around riding Niven's dick. Not entirely undeserved, but it was still kind of weird.

Shit son, it's a TV show. There are going to be poorly written episodes. Enterprise is nothing but poorly written episodes.

on the contrary, the roles merged.

see, Bastet is a much later iteration of a few cat goddesses that became merged, including Mafdet, Tefnut and Sekhmet. Bastet also comes from the northern end of the kingdom(city of Bubastis), while the other goddesses hail from the south.

-Sekhmet is a lioness and the goddess of fury and war, she's an almost mindless bloodthirsty monster. She's a sun god, and has a solar disk over her head, so she's often associated with Hathor and Wadjet, who usually show up as lionesses too.

-Tefnut, who sometimes appears as a cat(appearance of gods greatly depends on the role they play in the indiividual myths), is the goddess of moisture, rain and cold air. She and her husband Shu are brothers and in one of the creation myths, thought as having been birthed from the sun's masturbation.

-Mafdet is a desert wild cat who protects against snakes and scorpions and who protects tombs from raiders, she also shows up next to executioners, and might be associated with justice.

-Bastet is the goddess of protecting households, much like the cat protects the crops, she brings safe and happy family life and fertility to women. She's began being a different aspect of Sekhmet but later on she became her "good" sister.

There should be a Wondy/Selina team up book where this happens and she's a pretty normal person so she wants it to un-happen

>She and her husband Shu are brothers and in one of the creation myths, thought as having been birthed from the sun's masturbation.

I remember there being also something about Sekhmet (ore one of the feline goddesses) being kept under control by having her be in a near-constant state of drunkenness.

image source?

>shut up Mafdet no one cares about you
Fucking saved.

Yeah but it had some fun ones too like the one with Spock saving lil Spock or that one where Kirk defends Satan in wizard court

>>Janeway pocked with a pain stick
too good for her I say

>Back then the whole sci-fi community pretty much revolved around riding Niven's dick.

Or, as he called it, Rishatra.

the Solar disk on top of her head means Sekhmet is the daughter of the sun god Ra, and is his "eye".

when Ra ruled over mortals for a long time the men grew resentful of him and conspired against him. To stop them, Ra sent his eye to punish them, and Sekhmet sprung out and began to slaughter Ra's enemies.

when Ra's enemies were vanquished Ra called Sekhmet to return, but she was lost in blood thirst and did not listen to him, and she almost put mankind to extinction. To recover her, Ra turned a lake into bright red wine and led Sekhmet towards it, and she, believing it was blood, drank it all, becoming drunk and mellow. She might have fucked someone and gotten pregnant of another god during that time, i can't find a source though.

Sekhmet's worshippers engaged in festivals each year and after battles with copious amounts of alcohol, dance and music to pacify the goddess.

>condoms

Pretty sure a human can't get her pregnant.

Unless her species is known for having cat aids or something, I ain't using no damn condom!

Which one of these was the hermaphrodite guy?

It's not uncommon for different races of humanoids in Star Trek to be able to crossbreed.

>Sticking your dick in an alien without protection.

You are gross.

as a wise man once said, a cat is fine too

>Thinking a condom would save you from skin contact alien diseases

You will have to lick your cum when it comes back out then.

Stick gods.

>this will never become a real banner

We should probably just NOT fuck aliens.

>this thread

Nigga, where do you think you are? This isn't an option.

NEVER

>not fuck aliens

>not fucking the final frontier

Come on bruh.

What do you think first contact is going to be like? Diplomatic discussions and sharing of knowledge? No fucking way, the first thing on our minds as well as theirs is "how can I fuck that?". It's the only natural response.

You know, there are certain foods that people didn't know were edible until they tried them.

Some people died eating poisonous, or inedible foods, just to find the ones that tasted delicious.

We just have to fuck all the aliens, until we find the ones we are compatible with, and don't die from, right?

Do you want ALL of your fiction for be realistic?

I thought Sekhmet and Bastet were just aspects of one person

Turn in your badge. You're off the force.

delete this

Leave this species you legitimate cuckold. Sexual relations is the final signature of relations with another culture/people. To forgo that is an outright affront to a doctrine of true coexistence, and a betrayal of the dreams of the earliest of humankind. For-shame thee user, for-shame. Have you no pride, like some of those in Europe who see no ill-will in even a burglary?
Shameful.

we have dreamed about fucking the unknown for years, you are a traitor to the species and must be hanged.

>Janeway
Shit, I thought that was Liam.

Could be both, I guess...

>Or, as he called it, Rishatra.
Ahahahahaha. I don't think I've laughed that hard since the 90's. Thank you.

Generally not a good idea to fuck with Captain Janeway given how murderous and revenge-driven she was.

Who are the two guys supposed to be?

I knew I saved this post for a reason
>pic EXTREMELY related

>Wasn't there several sci-fi book series about humans having sex with cat aliens?
>I think one is still ongoing today but I cant remember the name
YOU CAN'T JUST SAY SHIT LIKE THAT AND THEN LEAVE US HANGING, user.

>Dat hover hand

Someone clearly isn't a Mass Effect fan. Neither am I, those games just let me down after the first one.

Matt and Pat, the Two Best Friends of Two Best Friends Play.
youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher

I know who those guys are but I don't see a connection between them and Star Trek.

>what is fanart

I'd understand if it was a joke about horses because of that one episode but I've been trying to remember if they've ever even mention the animated Star Trek.

They have played a couple of ST games... but on the podcast, Matt and Pat will occasionally digress into Trekkie Talk, leaving Woolie and Liam to sigh loudly. They've half-jokingly talked about doing a separate TrekCast with just the two of them.

It's drawn by Plague of Gripes. He loves cat girls. There's no more to it than that.

Youtubers did a video of a star trek game... I think it was TNG for the SNES and got Plague of Gripes to do fanart.

Worf has the rank of commander and should be wearing red but no one cares about DS9)

>but no one cares about DS9

Their mistake. DS9 has some of the best Trek, and some of the best characters in Trek.

DS9 is better than TNG

The Sholan Alliance series.