Autumnlands

Why don't we ever talk about one of the best fantasy comics running? Aelbert a best.

I picked up the first volume and loved it. The fact that they got a soldier who cares about getting the job done and less about how it's done.

What do you guys think is actually going on? To me it seems like a far future scenario where the hybrid men-animals have been set up as an unwitting servant race and the hero is from a less far future before all this shit happened.

Learoyd was thinking the same thing when he was being served by those ewes a couple issues ago...my man!

I love the "novelized" intros they do at the beginning of each issue, giving an idealized version of events then switching gears to how it actually happened, like a behind the scenes to a fantasy novel or an epic poem

Bump

>QC and shit comic threads daily
>Thread about actually good comic can't get more than 4 posters
Why Sup Forums, why?

Do a storytime, get us into this stuff, so we can see why it is so great

I recently bought them first volume and got surprised that's there was no volume 2.
I 'm okay with the Champion being from the "past" but not this "futuristic" past.
I' m afraid this whole thing develops into too much things instead of the main focus on the story.

Is it actually close to the end?
The 1st volume is the 6 first issues.

I read the first trade as floppies when it was coming out and absolutely loved it. Every single member of the creative team was knocking it out of the park.

But then I became a dirty tradewaiter, and so I wait.

Alright. Since we have a couple tradefags here, let's start where volume 1 leaves off.

I've read up to this issue, but I refuse anymore. It looks pretty and everything, but what's up with this shit? Nothing makes sense, all style but no substance that's looking like it's setting up the reader for a massive disappointment.

The mystery of the setting is the main drive to keep reading. Simply have to trust the writer knows what they're doing and pieces it together elegantly.

>Nothing makes sense
Don't be a retard.

And now things get weird

>A crow with humans hands

Creepy as fuck

We Barsoom now

Captcha a shit

Wow, didn't expect this to be an issue. Two Autumnlands storytimes at the same time.

PLEASE tell me that this doesn't turn I to scify.

10/10 cover

well now I feel like an idiot

I prefer the term "futuristic fantasy"

All right all right all right! In for the second half! Thanks to the user who started, let's bring it home!

Get ready for shit to get WEIRD.

Those fuckin' crows man