So, how do you guys feel about the prospect of the movie's supporting cast being comprised mostly of OCs...

So, how do you guys feel about the prospect of the movie's supporting cast being comprised mostly of OCs, including an original long term love interest?

Don't care.

Too much niggers and spics.

If it's good, it's good. Wouldn't be the first time an adaptation took those liberties and turned out well.

Good! All of Spidey's supporting cast have been raped over the years

Let them die

[citation needed]

>long term love interest?
was this confirmed?

they couldn't cast an adequate MJ anyway, so whatevs

Zendaya is allegedly the main love interest, and she's reportedly an OC.

I'd rather they just race-swap Peter's original high school cast (liz allen, betty brant, flash thompson, etc.) Hell throw Kong in there.

I don't really mind race-swapping for supporting characters, but just making a bunch of OCs when Peter already has a large supporting cast they can draw from is bullshit.

His long term love interests didn't show up until college, casual.
Zendaya has her hair styled the same way as liz allen anyway

I really, REALLY dislike OCs in comic book movies.

They have no business using them when the comics have all the material they need. The movies are there to only adapt the comics.

Dissapointed, t bh.
I'm imagining them doing Mary Jane's reveal scene with an Donut Steel, and it hurts.

*A

Terrible.

I wouldn't mind if it was any other hero. But it's Spider-Man. He has one of the most recognizable supporting casts. Why fuck with it?

I was hoping we'd see Peter's highschool classmates since we finally have a proper highschool Peter but nope, here's some oc donut steel instead.

Don't cry.
Real Spidey will be on PS4.

marvel can do no wrong with movies, but this is a questionable move by them

we'll see how it pans out, i guess

God I hope this is good.

I just want swinging around to be as fun as it was in Spider-Man 2.

Some anons "reported" Zendaya as, basically, not-MJ: Peter's neighbor and close friend that eventually becomes the long-lasting love interest

Homecoming's cast is just a meme now

Not really. It was just an average braid.

>Peter's high school classmates

You are aware the only relevant teenage characters from the high school years were Flash Thompson and Liz Allan, right?

Everyone noteworthy, including Gwen, Harry and MJ, are from the college years.

>Long term love interest
I be pissed as fuck if Zendaya is the long term love interest and it will only prove even Marvel is incompetent with Spidey.

I fucking love that screencap.

Betty too. She was still a teen even if she wasn't one of Peter's classmates.
But they couldn't really have her being JJJ's Girl Friday nowadays.

Well Peter IS living in a slummy apartment complex. So it's fitting, no?

>perfect peter adaptation in civil war
>assume movie will go full spectacular and make use of every comic character perfectly
>shit load of oc's
>maybe only 4 characters are from the comics

I have never lost so much hype so quickly

She isn't. It was confirmed that she has a small side role in the first movie with room to expand in subsequent sequels. Quit making shit up.

for example?

>long term love interest?
I thought the whole point of Peter's character was supposed to be a loser.

>Betty Brandt

She never went to school with Peter, dolt. They met when Pete started doing freelance stuff for the Bugle.

>Real Spidey
>That shit costume

No thanks.

Peter's high school crew, played by Zendaya Coleman, Michael Barbieri, Abraham Attah and Isabella Amara.

I'm pretty sure they're either mathletes or are in the academic declathon team.

On the one hand the MCU has been composed most from loose adaptation, on the other I honestly have no idea what they're doing with this movie on any level so I'm dreading something the likes of High School musical in terms of character depth.

Raimi and Amazing weren't that great, but they had the right idea of making Peter's school peers only so relevant. I'm gonna be dead honest, I just don't have time. Yes, yes I know the original comics focused heavily on school and social antics, but this isn't a fucking comic. We don't have all day.

Still the main love interest of the franchise. She's the dodged girl next door for most of the first movie.

>She never went to school with Peter
Correct, but she was part of Peter's high school-era supporting cast, dolt. Maybe actually go and read the Ditko run instead of just spouting shit you may have happened across on wikipedia or what have you.

>But they couldn't really have her being JJJ's Girl Friday nowadays.

Why not? You're legally allowed to work as of 16 in the USA and younger if granted a work permit. She just did general secretarial bullshit in the comics.

>We don't have all day.
For what?

Are we waiting for something?

>peter has friends in high school now!
Fuck off, what's with the trend of making Peter have his little nerd crew now? In ASM Peter never fucking had friends in high school and was a complete bookworm. Even the teachers barely knew him.

I love Ultimate Spider-Man, but I blame it for making Peter have this whole crew in high school.

Gotta' say it's weird seeing high school kids that actually look high school aged.

We're waiting for a good Spider-Man movie.

You can already see that it isn't true just from the leaked set photos. You're literally just making shit up. Either that or your one gullible fucker.

How long 'till she becomes Sup Forums's new waifu?

never?

You know the reports precede that, right?

And the big guy himself.

He had love interests and relationships in the early comics

What, sources like moviepilot.com who are known for just blatantly making shit up for hits? Like the idea that Peter's friend is a Genke knock-off?

At least he's a good Pete. We can always toss out his shitty OC cast when he gets to college, but a bad Pete can only be fixed by a reboot.

Peter's t-shirts are on point

Go read a comic, Raimifag.

>when he gets to college
So in 4 or 5 movies?

Each Spider-Man movie is going to be a year of high school, with him being a freshman in Civil War (Homecoming will start with Peter as a sophomore).

No, each year of real time is Pete growing up. So,

>Civil War: Freshman
>Homecoming: Sophmore
>Infinity War: Junior
>Spider-Man 2/2019 movie where he appears: Senior

Plus that's only a supposed report right now.

>Implying there won't be a shit ton of unlockable suits

...so yes, in four movies, like I said.

>Civil War: Freshman
>Homecoming: Sophmore
>Infinity War: Junior
>Spider-Man 2/2019 movie where he appears: Senior
That is bullshit.

>Each Spider-Man movie
Yeah, you said 4-5 Spider-Man movies, though. If we're doing a every year schedule, he'll be in college by a supposed Spider-Man 3, or even 2.

It's just the reports, hombre.

I'd be fine with the real cast being introduced in the second film

Let me answer your question with a question. If you heard of a movie called, I dunno, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" what would you say you expect to see most of?

Said Turtles? Well, sure, but see in the source inspiration for this idea I had there's this secondary ex-lab assistant character who frequently assists the leads, but for the theatrical version I thought let's see what's happening over there with the plucky reporter's career. It's not really relevant in any substantial fashion, but I thought it would liven things up.

Not working for you? That's okay. What about a movie called "Thor"? Norse Mythology? We'll start the first act with plenty of bold fantasy elements referencing that, really get the ball rolling and you know what would be great? See in the secondary source material I got the inspiration from there was initially this side story about a mortal alter ego for the protagonist. So I'm thinking, what if we just took a second or you know the rest of the movie to detour to this one doctor's failing career in bumfuck nowhere.

Not your cup of tea? Don't worry I've got you. So, I had this other idea for an American version of the movie Godzilla. In the original there were these human characters investigating Godzilla to provide exposition and commentary on what the creature represents, but what if instead we threw out any relevant material and focused on this one tangentially relevant doctor's career...

Holy projection, Batman

Raimi's Peter got MJ, Rent-girl, Gwen and Betty (although admittedly the last 2 had the symbiote's help)
How many different horny girls can you cram in 3 movies?

I think what Geoff Johns said about the relationship between Green Arrow and Black Canary (that inventing some OC love interest or character is fundamentally missing the point) is applicable here. GA needs BC, Superman needs Lois, Peter needs MJ.

Inventing a bunch of OC characters is missing the point and reflects a major misunderstanding of the Spider-Man universe.

All I got from this is that you've never seen a Godzilla film before.

MJ isn't even recognized as Peter's true love by half the comics and its writers and fans.

She is Peter's longest lasting love interest and the most significant for the majority of the Spider-Man's history. The fact that most fans clamour for her return to Peter, celebrated Renew Your Vows, and outright despise One More Day speaks volumes.

And who would those people be
Editorial thinking Peter has to be hip and thus un-married?
Slott and his superficial view about how beautiful woman = shallow woman?
Gwen-fags that actually only care about Emma Stone and/or maybe the Spectacular version?

She's Peter's shittiest love interest.
Chat is his best.

THICK

daryl from walking dead?

I despise One More Day and I have no particular feelings for the pairing.

It was a shitty story.

It sounds like it will be terrible, i'm used to spidey related media to suck , but i was really hopeful for this, now only time will tell

>Yfw he's literally trying to run away from the shitty supporting cast

This whole fucking idea is shit and I'm sick of teenager Peter Parker. So I washed my hands of this the second they choose a little british faggot to play a little normie kid instead of Spider-*MAN*.

Teen super heroes make no sense. For starters, teens are retarded and can't even put their pants on without help. Secondly, the State is in control of their lives, Peter can't just skip class to go fight a super villain in the middle of the day. The school would notice. With all the fighting and his bruises, Aunt May would get charged with child neglect.

I'm so sick of this shit.

I'm pretty for sure they do their own little OCs so they can avoid paying royalties to writers.

Movies are supposed to be fantasies that help you deal with this piece of shit world, not filled with niggers, spica, and Jews. I never fucking wanted Spider-Man to be "cool with te niggers" but apparently Disney Quip has been sucking too much black cock to realize how terrible this is. No white person wants to see an ugly nigger on screen and you bet your ass that China will fucking hate this movie with all the ugly niggers

I love how this just coming up now with Spider-man and not Civil War. No comment on the talent these individuals have, no comment on the fact that are already successful black actors the people generally like. Ignores the fact that Spider-man has known and has been friends with nigger, spic, jewish etc characters. This movie will probably be no more diverse than any other Marvel or DC film. Did you feel this way when Ant-man came out? Why can't you extend this fantasy excuse to well behaved [insert group here] in the movie?

It's like I'm reading the initial posts on Sup Forums for The Force Awakens all over again

>MJ isn't recognized as Peter's One True Love by assblasted menchildren employed by Marvel and "muh waifu" fappers who use Peter Parker as a self insert.

Fixed it for you

TFA is a bad movie

All of those reports are unconfirmed and unreliable, I don't believe a single one of them so I feel absolutely nothing.

I know it's fun to be edgy when you're 15 but calm down, you nigger. You're spilling more spaghetti than an Olive Garden waiter with tourettes.

Not really a Wallyfag (nor a Flashfag in general) but he looks like a decent Kid-Flash.

Will Jessica Jones make an appearance at all?

Nothing wrong with being a wallyfag tho, and you're right

HEY KIDS! If you want to find out more about this character, watch her rape filled Netflix show!

She's gonna fight Uncle Ben for the last pack of toilet paper in the store.

Other than the long term love interest, don't care.

>people care about realistic diversity instead of forced diversity
>"why are there so many black people in queens"

Man, this movie is gonna be such a wild card.

kek