All Black Superheroes in the world know each other (because they're Black)

>All Black Superheroes in the world know each other (because they're Black)
Brava, Spencer. Brava.

Surprised Miles didn't show up at the meeting.

yeah I have no idea why he thought this was a good idea. since when did anyone in that picture have any meaningful moment with each other inside or outside the comic expect panther and storm.

feel more like they made a facebook group called black superheroes and decied to have a meetup.

BP has teamed up with all of the characters there multiple times except fury jr

Has Voodoo and Rhodey met?

>All Black Superheroes in the world know each other
They really do.
Luke and Misty were on Heroes for Hire
Luke, Monica, Voodoo, BP, Falcon, and for a short while Storm were Avengers. Nick Jr. is new and he brings that up.
Then there's all the team-ups in the 70's and 80's.

>that art
>that black capes secret club

it's so fucking cringey

What's this from?

Is this a black panthers meeting?

You know, I get why Cage would be here and probably be the one to sorta' make sure all the black superheroes knew each other, he's street level and has his ear to the ground more than others

I'M BLACK Y'ALL
I'M BLACK Y'ALL
I'M BLACKITY BLACKITY BLACK Y'ALL

That poser traced art... it's embarrassing

>Brava
It's "bravo", you uncultured fuck.

Agreed. To avoid confusion, OP should have read:

>All Black Superheroes in the world know each other (because they're Black)
Yes, yes, well done Spencer, well done Spencer.

However, I'm surprised that Miles didn't show up at the meeting.

Reminder their name is the Illuminegro

Why shouldn't they? Marvel's hero community is pretty close knit.

I can see Cage, Storm and Misty knowing eachother, because the X-Men and Heroes for Hire have crosed over a few times. And even without Hudlin's dogshit marriage, Panther and Storm know each other from way back in the eighties.

Everybody else? Naw.

>Dat superior Captain Marvel

Is this supposed to be news?
Oh wait, no, it's just shitposting and we've already had this thread.

Is it? It does look rather traced.

>Black people getting together and planning

What are they planning? Are they going to try and overthrow white people? Should I buy a gun?

>Danny Rand tries to join the Black Facebook group
>Gets rejected
>Danny Rand tries to join the Asian Facebook group
>Gets rejected

On tonight's agenda:
>How to Avoid Dying in Crossover Events
>How to Pick a White Best Friend
>Jive in the 21st Century

>Falling for this type of this
BRAVY

>black person dies
>black people get together
no you're right, they are probably planning some sort of crime

>Miles

Too young, membership is 18+, but he is part if the "Mentoring program".

Oh hey, Monica. Has she been in anything?

>there are only 8 black heroes in the world
Well shit, now I'm starting to see what the SJWs were complaining about.

You serious? She's in the Ultimates, and was in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers before that, and Mighty Avengers before that. All 3 of which are great books.

you know it is close-knit and that make sense but feel like the connection they have to war machine should be explained better then they are all of African decent. It comes out cringy than anything else and makes me ashamed a little just reading it.

war machine died because of Thanos, it wasn't even based on race. but somehow only black characters get together and talk like he's an important character in their own story instead of people that was actually there for him like Tony and Carol.

and you know people say that's because it's sam Willson comic but maybe it shouldn't be. maybe Iron man should have this storyline instead you know he's best friend.

>Everyone is dressed up in costume, or at least in a nice suit
>Luke Cage is in a sweater-vest and khakis

I really, REALLY want to hear what Luke Cage is thinking about everyone else in that moment. Or how he interacts with the rest of the Black Powereds.

Imagine how often any of them meet another black superhero. It's fucking rare. So whenever they do, they probably make some sort of contact.

I'm sure all the Catholic superheroes know eachother, too. They probably go to a certain church or something.

And I wish I could say all the Asian ones know eachother, but Amadeus Cho is the only one there is, so.

Explain to me again how this shit isn't patronizing/racist?

Being Danny is suffering!

Spencer writes like he thinks he's the first person to ever write black superheroes.

>Imagine how often any of them meet another black superhero. It's fucking rare. So whenever they do, they probably make some sort of contact.

> You're black? Haha, me too!

No but T'Challa once considered changing his name to the Black Leopard once because he didn't want anything to do the BPP.

>yeah I have no idea why he thought this was a good idea.

Because SJWs are fucking retarded and will eat up anything that seems "pro-PC" even if 5 seconds of thought would lead them to realize that it's actually incredibly racist and insulting.

Well Monica is basically a living hologram now, so she basically wears whatever looks good.

more like
>sup nigga
>sup

MARVEL: CIVIL RIOTS

There's also Jimmy Woo.

Who despite being an American was made into the head of an Asian superhero school, because lazy writing leads to light racism.

Even if they were very close friends with each other this would still be a scene where black superheroes get together because they are black. IF they're there because they are close friends with Rhodes (because it's his funeral) where's Carol Danvers, who was dating him? Where's Pepper, who was a much closer friend than any of them? Where's Tony?

All Jewish superheroes meet every year for hannukah. Or at least Moon Knight, Songbird, Kitty Pryde, The Thing and Wiccan do.

These are only "big" name vets. Marvel has a shit ton more that have just fallen off, don't quite fit the mood, or young teens.

I don't get together with my white friends when one of them dies. I get together with my friends. Tony of all people should be here

>Jim Rhodes dies
>black heroes meet to commemorate
>no Junta, Josiah Bradley or Kasper Cole
Fucking what?? You had one job, Spencer!

But that's not Billy

that's because your friends are majority white and you are also white, idiot.

They were getting together before the funeral. They're part of a black superheroes club. Blade is also part of the club but he didn't show up, and this was Fury Jr.'s first time at a club meeting.

What's wrong with some black superheroes having a black superhero club? Shit nigga, sometimes we just want to get away from you whities for a bit and chill with our brothers. It's not a knock against you, it's just... shit man, y'all always gotta make everything about you and that gets fucking tedious.

The whole "the community" bit felt forced.
At least into it instead of having as a matter of fact that this is a thing.

>or Kasper Cole
Kasper was at the funeral at least.

Actually I live in a primarily black community in the South. And I've lost a lot of friends of a lot of ethnicities over the years

But did they all know Rhodey?

>they mostly don't know/barely worked with each other or War Machine
>even fucking Blade was invited

Are people so sensitive about reverse racism they can't fathom the idea that the very very VERY few black long time heroes in the marvel universe might come to know one another and feel some kind of kinship considering how few of their race are at that place?
Like this seriously bothers you guys?
I mean if it was all white dudes no one would so much as bat an eyelash. And I've even heard the excuse in other threads 'oh well that's just because the overwhelming majority of super heroes are white. '
Like wow. That is apparently no issue. The simple reality that white heroes are in numbers so muc greater than any other race, that odds-wise there'd be plenty of chances for an all white meeting is perfectly fine. But if blacks are put together when one of their few dies?
"Augh how is this not considered racist guys"

The idea of a back superhero club is retarded, 3 OF THEM AREN'T EVEN AMERICAN.

>sometimes we just want to get away from you whitie
>implying I'm white

Ahahahaha, was he not black enough for the meeting?! Fucking A+

>Nick Jr. is new and he brings that up.
And how did they explain it off?

"It's cool, bro. Movie synergy."

It's like assuming all the black people at your school are secretly great friends no matter how little you've seen them interact.

>I mean if it was all white dudes no one would so much as bat an eyelash. And I've even heard the excuse in other threads 'oh well that's just because the overwhelming majority of super heroes are white. '
That's retarded
This is like if Namor, Iron Fist, Stilt-man, Hawkeye and Nova got together to grieve about the death of Moon Knight, the fact they're white shouldn't be the only connecting factor.

Niko, Shang Chi, Sunfire, Silver Samurai...

>Not Josiah Bradley
This. I was pretty steamed that he would leave out the son of the first Captain America when he remembered Kasper.

I'm black and it bothers me. White heroes die all the time, they don't form "secret white only meetings" to discuss this, I'm not sure Storm has ever even met Rhodey.
White meetings happen because there are a lot of white heroes, black meetings happen because writers purposefully seek black characters for them.

You're not black.

I laughed much harder at that than I thought I would

>I'm sure all the Catholic superheroes know each other, too. They probably go to a certain church or something.

>be a random 616 citizen in New York
>Not really religious, but were raised Catholic
>Things are in a bit of a rut in life, decide to go to church to see if the local priest can inspire you
>As you walk into the door you bump into a guy, he has a blind person stick so you say sorry
>Matt Murdock turns around, says it's no problem, shouldn't have stood near a door
>you both go in, sit in different aisles
>Sit down, most seats are taken
>Look to your left
>holy shit
>It's fucking Steve Rodgers
>Want to say something but the priest started saying a prayer
>Finish the prayer, look up
>There's a guest speaker today
>It's a fucking blue devil
>Start to freak out, Steve whispers to me "don't do that, man, he's a cool guy, don't mind his looks."
>Start calming down
>Look to my right
>It's fucking Venom
>Could've sworn the guy was some dude named Brock, he said so when we all shook hands with the people nearest to us
>But no, that's fucking Venom all right
>He's just looking at the devil thing talk about acceptance or something
>Kinda want to get the fuck out right now before some new fight takes place, look towards the door to see if it's open
>Someone walks in
>It's the fucking Punisher
>Sweet Jesus
>He's going to shoot Venom in the fucking face, isn't he
>Nope
>He just sits down in the back near the confessional
>Look around, Matt is fucking staring the Punisher down for some reason
>How the fuck can he do that, he's blind
>The Devil thing (Priest calls him Kurt) stops
>Communion starts
>The Preist gives me a wafer of Christ
>Says he hasn't seen you here before
>Says his name is Reverend Custer
>Seems cool enough
>He notices I'm nervous
>Says to calm down, think positively
>Instantly calm
>That day was a good day

Sunfire ain't no hero and neither is Silver Samurai.

You also forgot Jubilee, Armor, Surge, Jolt, Psylocke (she technically counts), and Hazmat

Danny and Kasper should be friends with each other.

>The simple reality that white heroes are in numbers so muc greater than any other race
That doesn't matter. That shouldn't matter. These superheroes should not classify each other by their race. They are all heroes, no more, no less. Skin color does not make the man. As you said, it's reverse racism.

Representation in comics was a mistake.

For added bullshit, the entire thing is decidedly about them being black AMERICANS.
So what the fuck is T'Challa even doing there?

> my church is suddenly full of hot catholics
> I can never go back
> thanks, guys.

Psylocke most certainly does not count, no matter how many kimonos she wears.

and asian hulk

well, I'm black and still find this weird. I understand how this could happen though as I live in a city in Scandinavia with a few blacks and connected with other black people in my school and community easier only on the basis that we are the only black guys around. But I still find this awkward just the way it's handled specially when it's a funeral and the important characters for war machines isn't there because they are white, even blade is somehow more welcome than Iron man and Carol.

but you are probably right that most people here are just racist.

So when do they start chanting, "WU-TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TA' FUCK WIT'! WU-TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TA' FUCK WIT'!" ?

She's been a Jap woman for nearly 27 years. Her whole identity is shaped by living in Kwannon's body and her mind is influenced by it. Psylocke is Asians for all intents and purposes.

Cho was already mentioned afore.

When comic characters aren't overwhelmingly all one race I'll buy that bullshit.

When the white people get drunk.

Yeah, Fuck Humans, where are all the Alien waifus??
>>>/tumblr/

Does anyone still jave a pamphlet from the "Alternatives to Electricity Powers" seminar last week?

>open the pamphlet
>two words on it
>"Be Strong"

Where the fuck is Night Thrasher?

>Luke, Monica, Voodoo, BP, Falcon, and for a short while Storm were Avengers
Everyone's been an Avenger for a while

My God, this tracing is kinda cringy. Who did this art?

Luke, Monica and Falcon were at BP's and Storm's wedding.

Cool since that's clearly not the case anymore.

Wasn't that under Hudlin?

Hopefully: Trying to find his old New Warrior friends.
Probably: Slowly fading back into irrelevance

No they still are. They're just pushing new minority types. But it's still mostly white dudes

>>As you walk into the door you bump into a guy, he has a blind person stick so you say sorry
>>Matt Murdock turns around, says it's no problem, shouldn't have stood near a door
>Two New Yorkers being this polite

Current Avengers has 1 white guy, 2 if you count the butler

Oh well if current avengers only has that many that means all the other white heroes everywhere throughout all of comics history cease to exist. Wow yah sure showed me!

If a comic book writer dies, a lot of us would bond together about it. Makes sense they would because they all have a common feeling of mutual respect.

I'm a black guy and I'm totally okay with this. How many times have white dude been apart of a white dude group with no reason?

I think anyone finding this racist is looking too hard to be angry about something.

I want so badly for Ewing to write a New Warriors book now.
He'd probably even follow up on Namorita and the Yost book.

Tony, Sam, Nadia and Jane are white. Vision is the brain-patterns of a white man in a recolored white synthezoid's body.

Whereas there's... two black guys and a paki. So 4-5 whites, 2 blacks, and 1 brown. If you care that much about counting.

They need Supernigger.

Holy false equivalence, Batman!

Sam is only half and Jane isn't a man since we're talking about white males.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Night Thrasher solo ongoing set in Baltimore as part of Marvel NOW 2.