Make spiderman film

>make spiderman film
>remove characters form years of continuity and replace them with others with the same characterization of old ones but different names and races for the sake of diversity
Why?

Because enough of the fanbase and their hollywood peers will shit all over the movie in a way to make it less profitable if they dont?

And this probably belongs in TV.

Marvel Studios can be pretty shit but Im not sure why they would allow Sony to do this

This is going to be pretty bad. I know SM3 was shitty, but I still miss Sam Raimi.

We still don't know for sure where the original characters are yet

Diversity is the religion of the left.

Remember when people were excited for this?

because Sup Forums will bitch about how they raceswapped MJ and Harry so why not make OCs that have the qualities as them. It's still not working because they're still bitching though

sure seems like that's what is happening though as every cast member announced seems to be a new character. If the bigger plan is these are 1 movie roles and spidey's supporting cast (from teh comics) will be introduced later I can live with that. If these are multi-movie roles I don't like it

So, every post related to Spider-Man: Homecoming will be as bad as cuckposting on /gif/. Great.

All this guessing is so much fun! Even the whiny guesses.

Imagine if the movie has no main villain, but focus on Parker while fighting 5 or 6 different villains that appear along the movie in small action scenes. The vulture, rocket Racer, Kraven, Shocker and the Scorpion

Sounds terrible.

If it's going to be well cast like Sam Jackson Fury then I won't mind.
If it's going to be forced "WE WUZ KANGS AND SHIET" then I won't watch it.

Spider-Man is supposed to reflect our world, and modern-day Queens has large and diverse group of minorities, especially in the public school system, and in the projects that MCU Peter Parker lives in. It would be stranger if most of the cast was white, actually.

They can still tell a hilarious and heartfelt Spider-Man story with some new or altered characters. Peter Parker is true to the comics and played by an incredible actor, that's what matters.

If you want a mostly white cast, you might as well ask for a period piece.

And, say, Daredevil isn't supposed to reflect the real world, too? Because then Hell's Kitchen would be a gentrified, expensive-to-live-in and filled with hipsters.

The problem with claiming to be inline with current stats is you'll never get it to a tee. There multiple stats for Forrest Hills, Queens, and Manhatten that differ from each other slightly. If that's what they really are going for, then it's their claim to make. I haven't seen this kind of discussion with past Spider-man films, I could be wrong though

I legit do not care. Peter's high school supporting cast was shit.

MJ, Gwen & Harry before college always felt cheap to me.

MCU's version of Hell's Kitchen is covered by the Battle of New York though. Pretty clever move honestly.

SPIDER-MAN'S MAIN CAST WEREN'T THERE WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

EVERYONE WE KNOW LIKE THE OSBORNES AND THE MARY JANE AND GWEN SHOWED UP WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE. THIS MOVIE IS ACCURATE.

Yeah, and I wouldn't expect them to be census bureau accurate, but I don't see the harm in making superficial changes, such as skin color, to supporting characters. We're gonna get to see Peter Parker and Tony Stark hang out in the same universe, we've already won.

Complaining about race seems nit-picky at this point. Unless they were picking a race or gender swap that would contradict the character's integrity.

What if Harry is a lesbian and MJ is bisexual?

what about finally a sinister 6 feature like was alluded to with andrew garfield spiderman?

but still stupid

>THIS MOVIE IS ACCURATE.
But shit. High School settings suck and I don't get why everyone insists on going through it everytime they make a new Spider-man movie.

No Flash though.

Just be glad it's Peter's movie and not Miles'

Because it's the most recognizable start of Spidey's life and his growth from that place is what made many youth fall in love with his stories. Heck in Ultimate, he was still there through two Spider-Men

I can't recall where, but I heard this rumor last week that made my knees start to jerk
>Vulture is the main vilain, and he built his suit with help from the tinkerer using Chitauri tech

This I'll be worried when they ever cast a Miles, which will neve... wait.

>MCU based off of ultimates universe

Fuck

This. People bitch at race swaps and moan ' why not jus use original character's now they seem like some of these character's might be original and it's moaning again.

Nah you tucks aren't agains race swapping...You just want only white people.

'B.b.b.but it just so happens almost every comic character is white. What's wrong with casting a 99 percent white cast for a movie taking place in queens if it means I don't need to see scary brown people on the screen'

Seriously it's still majority white and people are still constantly bitching. Why can't you all just admit you're racist. That no matter what any cast that doesn't only have one or two token minorities is an issue for you. Its ok you're on the internet.

>make live action The Tick
>remove characters form years of continuity and replace them with others with the same characterization of old ones but different names and races for the sake of diversity

Yup. Fuck lady liberty and bat spick. And they totally axed sewer urchin as opposed to even give him a non autism variant.

>his growth from that place is what made many youth fall in love with his stories
Yeah, as in "thank god we're not in that shitty fucking high school setting anymore and have moved on to some actual responsibility". Cheap teen drama is the worst.

what you did like the newest fantastic 4 movie and its teen drama?

>Wow, it's absolutely nothing.

Batmanuel was based though.

>decry raceswapping for years
>ask for original characters

>no raceswaps
>all original characters
>STILL COMPLAIN

For the love of fucking god above in heaven go fuck yourself

I read this post at the exact moment Boyle mentioned Samuel L Jackson on an episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine.

>Believing these stupid shitty rumours

Sauce on pic pls

They had to change them slightly due to some copyright bullshit, couldn't be helped.

Not for the sake of diversity. For the sake of they have used and reused those characters and rarely to any benefit. So now to distance this go around from previous Spider-man movies they are starting off with as fresh a take as possible.

>film is shaping up to be a DA OC nightmare
>marvel hates Peter and MJ so much that they outright removed her from the film

Karma is a bitch. Shouldn't have shat on ASM so hard.

im pretty sure they are mostly just trying to find the best actors they can regardless of race

>Complain about no cheese on your burger
>Waiter comes back with a burger that's literally nothing but cheese
>"BUT YOU SAID YOU WANTED CHEESE WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?!"

>Using a food analogy

Sup Forums go away

Have you considered the possibility that you're a complete retard and that the characters that are blatantly characters you can tell are from his actual supporting cast ARE the actual characters from the supporting cast with a codename?
I'm sorry. I thought I was hallucinating for a second there when i read that since Hollywood never does that.

Too feel better about themselves

so teens can relate to spiderman

People want the characters from the comics, doing the things from the comics, with the people from the comics. When they say they should make new characters, they don't mean new characters to replace the comics cast, they mean new characters doing their thing separate from the old ones.
It's like if you took aunt May out and instead you have mister Cagliostro, a gay muslim from Italy, as Peter's family.

Miles will come eventually. WIth the MCU moving in real time and 3 movies year, they're gonna cover so much shit.

not all of it, don't say that. MCU is its own thing.

How about next time I say the burger is your mom when I shoved my smegma covered cock into her rotten cunthole, huh? Would you be satisfied then, like she was satisfied after I rubber my sweaty balls all over your computer screen?

Why are people being so dumb, surely starting with a younger Peter means they can hold off on introducing the characters 'from years of continuity' (like that's relevant for what's effectively a reboot) for later movies instead of blowing their load first go.

>le racial diversity boogeyman
Not trying to sound like an SJW, but there's nothing wrong with a little diversity every now and then

can you admit that you are being racist for the sake of diversity? Nothing wrong with New characters and we been saying it all along, it's just the black washing to pander to idiots like you thinking they are being progressive when only they do it to sell you comics.

>mister Cagliostro, a gay muslim from Italy, as Peter's family

What's going on exactly?

>wanting everyone in Pete's life to have come from High School

all you need is flash, harry and maybe liz

I'm pretty sure it's still a raceswap if you just changed the color of their skin and their names.

None of those larger people in Spidey's mythos are even introduced to him in high schoo, it's when he gets to collegel, but you know, "reading comics" and all that

Not even Harry honestly

maybe uncle Ben will be black

WHO CARES
H
O
C
A
R
E
S

The same kind of people who thought Force Awakens would bomb because there was a black guy in it

The only problem with that movie was the lead girl. She would have been fine if she didn't speak every alien language or was a tech genius or was over powered with the fucking force with no training.

How is bein okay with characters of various races being in a film taking place in a racially diverse part of the country racist?
Again its still mostly white and people still bitch. White people are still the majority and except for black panther the main character of every mcu film...all of them. Yet still this shit is 'too much' for people. Oh God help us there's SOME minorities in this film with a white hero. Oh well I guess mcu is designated coloreds only now.

they couldn't get the rights to those characters. do some research before you bitch.

Reminder that all the people asking for "comic accuracy" are racists pretending to be fans for the sake of argument

Peter's major supporting cast (Gwen, MJ, Harry Norman, etc.) didnt debut until he was in college.

Know in your future posts: You are not arguing with a sad fan desperate for faithful representation of the comics. You are arguing with a sad racist.

I don't like that they race swapped The Ancient One either. Or how Major Kusanagi was race swapped in the Ghost in the Shell movie either. Or any of the race swaps in The Last Airbender. I don't like race swaps, no matter the race being swapped.

oh shit, I'm on tumblr

Again

>complaining about so called "diversity"
>Spider Man takes place in fucking NEW YORK

Let me guess 90% of you are from hicktown USA and haven't seen many brown people outside your TV, or the occasional black family that moves in for a month or so before being harassed to the point of leaving.

But in NY there tends to be many other people besides Whites.
Seriously, it's a fact.

I'm bored with ethnic diversity arguments. Let's start arguing about political diversity instead. When will Spider-Man have a friend who opposes gay marriage and abortion, as many people do?

>mister Cagliostro
>not Mr. Aziz

Spider-Man's friends should represent every religion except Unitarians. Fuck them.

The white-hate movement doesn't care how much white hate hurts sales and popularity, because all it cares about is shilling white hate.

They can't create anything that anyone wants to see, all they can do is destroy anything white man like in revenge against white men creating civilization

I get the feeling these recent castings are bit characters that wont amount to anything

How long have you hated white people?

Always, or just since Sjws poisoned you against us?

I just hate SJWs and how they apparently managed to take over the West overnight.

Filling this movie with brown OCs will make liberals pat themselves on the back at their "victory".

Why does oppression keep the blacks from making their own superheroes, but doesn't keep them from creating raps about raping white women and killing each other?

>thinks that hicktowns aren't full of hordes of niggers and beaners in low rent apartments
>actually believes MUH NEW YORK is the hub of diversity in the entire US

Must be fun to go full retard, huh?

LITERALLY NO FUCKING SOURCE IS MENTIONING ABOUT OC CHARACTERS SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

And you know this how?

>creating raps about raping white women

Name a song. I dare you.

Yes, like the white hate that ruined The Force Awakens.

Holy shit it's like you're egging on Tumblr-posters with this Sup Forums shit.

This is why Sup Forums threads should be banned, they're letting in a bunch of insecure neckbeards who are afraid of the big scary black men taking their waifus away.

Why do white people get so bent out of shape about race swapping?

He can't cause he just made it up.

Because they aren't big enough guys.

They use racism the same way that /r9k/ uses red pill bullshit: As a way to explain why they've never done anything worthwhile in their lives.

> I'm not a loser, it's those darn femenazis promoting the Chads and Tyrones of the world that are keeping me back! I swear mom, it's not me!

Fiege loves the classics tho

no threat of that. blacks want real women to stick their footlong jungle dicks into. also, they prefer bulbous backsides, and anime chick are always topheavy instead. Practically no overlap.

This. If white people weren't so racist then actors like Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel L. Jackson and James Earl Jones would have a chance of becoming popular.

>The white-hate movement

Oh boy...

Miles won't happen anytime soon. Marvel isn't going to pursue legacy characters, especially for their most iconic superhero flagship character.

>A small handful means there's no racism in Hollywood!

Reminds me of those threads saying there's no prejudice against female directors because they get one or two movies a year, so clearly that means every-thing's fine you guys.

Do you really think racism means there's no chance of any becoming popular ever?

>implying NY isn't the hub of the US

kek

The fact that you can list all the male black actors you know just proves that a problem exists even more. Kudos on shooting yourself in the foot.

>>actually believes MUH NEW YORK is the hub of diversity in the entire US

Except that it is Cletus.