ITT: Scariest or most unsettling movies you have ever seen

ITT: Scariest or most unsettling movies you have ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXQvpgO-ghw
youtu.be/054OIVlmjUM
youtube.com/watch?v=kcn_qlT941Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv1R5dchRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Saw 1

I actually kind of agree with this. The whole movies essentially takes place in one freaking room. A very good original piece that was over done

What the fuck is that

Scariest
>Paranormal Activity (yes, the first one really got to me)

Most unsettling
>Threads
>Fail-Safe
>The Hunt
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)

>The Vanishing

Movie's ending was spoiled by a friend. Is it still worth a watch?

1993 or 1988 version? (spoorloos)

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. The lady who gets cursed.
That bit near the end when she looks into the mirror still scares me to this day not gonna lie.

>tfw too scared to even post the pic

yeah it's a great character study nonetheless, similar physchological thriller vibe like in zodiac just more raw and impactful (atleast for me)

The vanishing is absolute garbage and if you don't see what's happening a mile ahead you are retarded

fucking this.
beyond belief truly fucked me up as a child multiple times, so many sleepless nights full of fear...
>the grandmother who is revealed to be the red-eyed monster that terrorizes the children at night
>the farmer dad who sacrifices himself at night to save the family farm
>the kid who just fucking disappears inside a closet while playing hide and seek
>

Why don't Japanese make good movies anymore especially the horror kind? It's a shame.

This movie honestly changed the way I look at black people. I'm not even trying to troll

not really scary but unsettling.

>the farmer dad who sacrifices himself at night to save the family farm
>the kid who just fucking disappears inside a closet while playing hide and seek

Are you me bro?
Was the family farm one with the scarecrow in the field and there was like thunder storm or something?

Where do you go after making the most frightening movie ever made?

>that soundtrack

What ep?

Man, that episode fucked me up so bad as a kid.

Also the one where the kid is afraid of a "monster" in his closet and his brother and a bunch of neighbourhood kids lock him in and when he mom comes to let him out he totally disappeared.

he made a pretty eerie film in the same
style which is incredibly spooky but the last minute or so is so horrendously comedic in its graphics it ruins the whole thing

Name?

ayy

> thread full of cheap jumpscares or gorefest
everitym

well what do you think is scary you fucking faggot

Possession was the most unsettling movie I've seen recently. The miscarriage scene, the hysteria of their divorce, going into her apartment, that shit dug into my soul.

fuuuck which ep was that? how did it go? this was the show beyond fact or fiction?

my diary desu

Good OST but it wasnt scary in the slightest

Sinister is pretty spooky

>that lawnmower scene

What is that from?

Without warning is fun

This one fucked me up

I repressed this shit from my memory for years
What have you done
What have you fucking done

This movie almost made me piss myself

what's this from?

t. non-american

I like the ending in a way. The new Twin Peaks sort of reminds me of it.

Oculus. Specifically the stuff that happens in the flashbacks, like how it drives the mom insane and paranoid

Probably the only time I didn't want to see how the twist played out even though I knew it was coming.

A tv show called Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
Every episode was basically a collection of weird short stories, and then at the end of the episode the host of the show reveals which stories were actually true.

How the fuck do you write a whole movie that's just about a plot twist

>The Vanishing
I just finished this. It was okay but I dont really see what the hype on Sup Forums is about? It was a good thriller but not amazing

I remember watching this on tv alone in my basement as a kid. That face made my heart jump harder than it ever had before.

Sleepaway Camp

Unbeatable

Shutter, the asian one.
If you havent seen it, you should.
Also watch it blind, you dont want to spoil much of the storyline. Movie is ruined if you read too much

Not movies but x-files' Home because the ending and Roland because of the retards love.

I haven't seen it but there is a black and white movie about some dude that has a monster baby and in the ends he kills it out of compassion. James mentioned it in one of his videos.

The Sentinel fucked me up as a kid.

WTF is this thing? I mean I know the episode. I know the picture the moment he said it and I also have it somewhere but to this very day I don't get it. What exactly is this supposed to be and WHY?

>How the fuck do you write a whole movie that's just about a plot twist
Ask M night shamalamadingdong

Threads.
Go ahead, look it up.

The basement scene from Zodiac.

Fucking nerve racking

Looks like a cat

>BBB

Those first 20 minutes, man.

I really liked that movie but the soundtrack is so intrusive.Maybe the version I watched was just mixed bad but there were scenes where I couldnt hear what was being said because the music was so load

Occult

this was far scary than the scene that gets memed around in here for sure
Actually was fucking scared a bit

not the entire movie but This scene.

this shit fucked me up
i have an irrational fear of aliens and my friend made me watch it

that fucking scene with the lanklet alien lurking over that boys bed killed me

Any movies involving ghosts, creepy children or both are absolute shit. Honestly, how can crap like that scare anyone?

This
Everyone knows that aliens are true patrician tier

But the whole movie is annoying and unsettling as fuck to watch (not complaining, I think that's the point).

I'll take that this scene left my mouth with a taste of dirty water, shampoo and cold tomato sauce.

Ive never seen Signs, but ive seen the "reveal" scene at the birthday party
Is it worth watching?

Pulse left me feeling so lonely

When I heard about this movie I thought there was no way it could actually be THAT scary.

I was wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXQvpgO-ghw

Everything about the movie is good and extremely unsettling up until the very last scene, so yeah its worth the watch id say

If you liked that clip and enjoy old shamalamadingdong movies give it a go

downloading it blind now
quick summary looked like a good premise for a film

FUCK ME, SAME
Honestly is it that much of an irrational fear though? At any moment in time the exact things that happened in that movie could happen in real life, that movie felt so REAL, its the realistic stuff that gets you the most. Aliens with out a doubt exist and we dont have any way of stopping them from attacking (if they are advanced enough to get to us, and are hostile)

This and Sleep Tight and The Hunt for unsettling. I don't know about scary, but Dark Skies was alright.

Yep. I felt depressed for a couple days afterward. Death is an empty void. It's impossible to understand anyone, truly, but yourself. It's all futile, really, and we should just disappear into ash.

I'd honestly call it one of the most nihilistic, crushing movies I've ever seen.

Check out Cure, user. It's by the same director, Kiyoshi Kurosawa, and is basically him channeling Hitchcock.

I'm a fan

I'm glad Pulse is getting a real BluRay release after the disaster that was the DVD release

The movie Black Sheep out of New Zealand. After that, I could never fuck sheep again.

He tried doing another found footage movie, in fact I think he only does that now, anyway he did one with worm holes that had Kiyoshi Kurosawa cameo and it ended on the worst greenscreen scene I've ever seen.

I still don't get how this was scary in any way.

AAAAGGGGHHH! Shit! Not that face!

Nothing else has even come close for me. Genuinely took me a day or so just to get it out of my head.

FUUUCK

good build up and payoff. and different things scare different ppl

NO

This looked really creepy in thumbnail then I clicked on it and burst out laughing

I haven't seen it. How did it change your view?

>BOO! Haunted Alien
>scary

No.

I thought this was overrated, one of his weaker films IMO

youtu.be/054OIVlmjUM

>Beyond Belief: Fact or youtube.com/watch?v=kcn_qlT941Q

i don't get this meme

youtube.com/watch?v=kcn_qlT941Q

>the eye scene

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv1R5dchRk

who hyped here?

Natural Born Killers