Jean Mothereffin' Grey

I actually liked her performance. By all accounts, I shouldn't have, but her scenes, especially the one with Wolverine, were great.

Anybody else like it? Who's your favorite version of Jean Grey in comics or TV?

Here's one of my favorite pictures of Jean Grey. Half the reason I like her is due to her design.

Does anyone else like Jean Grey?

She looks like ScarJo

Bobby, you're gay

>inb4 wrong actors kid

Sansa still has a tight butthole tho
So at least she has that going

the scene with wolverine was weird. feels like wolverine was stealing her away from cyclopes just by staring at her.

I would be less botherd by it if she' wasn't like 17 in the movie.

If her age isnt on the clock
Its time for the cock

Hugh Jackman's gay, tho.

*is

Not gonna lie, the scene where she went Phoenix got me hype.

I kinda considered it more of an innocent, intimate scene.

It would have been nice if she had a romantic scene with Scott.

>I can't believe Apocalypse jobbed so bad!

Motherfucker he ate Phoenix for like five minutes before finally going "Yeah alright you win"

In that picture, yeah.

So, any particular comic arcs with Jean that you like?

Yeah the ones where she's dead and gone.

How do we know this?

The scene with her doing "slo-mo walking" felt a little cheesy. But when the fire-bird appeared, that made up for it.

Not anymore

I won't disagree about the cheesiness, but I still ate it up like the sucker I am. I loved it.

>dat hairline

It would have been nice if we got more scenes of Jean, Scott, Kurt, and Jubilee just hanging out. Those were some great scenes.

I couldn't think of her as Jean, I was watching a movie wondering when Daenerys Targaryen was going to fly in on a dragon.

This is where not watching a lot of Game of Thrones came in handy for me.

I would have liked she had more fieriness, though.

Please post more Jean art and cosplay.

Also, post best Jean Grey scans.

I thought her acting was kind of lifeless to be honest

OP here. To be fair, maybe I only liked her because I really wanted to.

If only Saoirse had gotten the role.

Poccy was a good superhero movie.

It was a GREAT X-Men movie.

Sophie was damned fantastic and I knew she would be.

All three of these are false.

They didn't even do anything, Scott. Chill.

It would have been overkill to say everything was superb when it was all mostly just pretty good.

Meh, her daughter is superior

Xavier had a better hairline than Jean Grey in that movie.

Rachel Summers is awesome. I still dig her spiked suit.

Her entire relationship with Wolverine is uncomfortable. It somehow still manages to be uncomfortable when she's 30. If it wasn't weird here, well... it wouldn't be the same relationship.

Bryan Singer manages to make straight relationships so weird and uncomfortable, man. Between this and Raven's "nbd, I'm just hitting on my brother" thing...

She was an oldschool fap

nice. I do wonder why do you still use tripcode here?

Hey user, mutants are hardcore Freaky freaks, always have been, if you think that's bad then don't look too closely at the relationship between Peter and Illyana in the comics.
And Glob knows the stuff that the telepaths get into are not for publication.

When I first started posting anonymous on X-threads people kept calling me out for being PhoenixEgg hiding behind an user post.
So I sometimes use my own trip' to limit the confusion.
They do exist for a reason.

I had a laugh after it was over, imaging almost naked wolverine running like a crazy hobo across the canadian forest

Didn't know that you are a celebrity

I'm not, PhoenixEgg and I just hold the same headcanon about the Jean/Logan ship, among other opinions.
So the trip-haters blamed me fo the bridges he burned behind him. (if he is a he)

Likewise, my strongly held opinions about some subjects would influence how other arguments and points I make about comics would be received, so it's a bad idea to use the trip if I don't have to.
Also, lots of people gripe about trips and you can't have this conversation everytime you post.

Very convoluted. Just like X-Men

When I see Jean Grey, I always think about how wonderful taking dick in the ass would be.

Do you imply that Jean is trans?

>Does anyone else like Jean Grey?
>9 hours ago
>0 replies
Love you, Sup Forums.

>Who's your favorite version of Jean Grey in comics or TV?
Always will be Jim Lee's 90's Jean Grey. I own both the sideshow collectables and bowen design statues of her in that outfit.

Hold that thought.

Are you implying there's not already trans X-Men? They are the ... "X-Men"

It also implies that if they are not men, they're Devo

We all know that Devo is mutie trash.

I luv

well, they're name are deviants after all

she was soooooo bad in this movie as an actresss

They were deleted to shill Wolverine more.

>make a thread last night
>come back. Thread still going.

I would really have liked to see that scene with Jubilee dodging guards with athletics. Also, why didn't they let Magneto get taken in by authorities?

That is a good design.

Emma got robbed in First Class. She should have been so much more, instead of being second fiddle to Sebastian Shaw.

It was discussed on Sup Forums

CIA had an affair with her during the filming of GOT.

Wait, what? Where is that in the tv archive?

Anyway, are there any other actresses we might have wanted for Jean?

Is there a recommended Rachael list?

Well as a fan, suggest some recommended arcs for her that aren't the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas. Because I can't think of any while even Jubilee and Emma had Gen X.

She was also in some issues of Excalibur, which is definitely a comfy book.

Gonna need a sauce for that

How about Saoirse Ronan?

-I dont like her fat head

+I liked her new outfit that resembles 90s Jean Gray

++I really liked the Phoenix scene, but its probably related more to the ost and Singer way of directing cool scenes

Im not really sold on her. I hope she gets in shape for the next movie.

Sorry, I see you meant Jean.

Crikeys. What are her other good arcs?

Apocalypse tanked a full attack from the most powerful mutant Telepath (Xavier) and a physical world breaking attack from Ultimatum Magneto like it was nothing. Then had to lose to the fucking Phoenix Ex Machina.

Everyone saying that Apocalypse jobbed is retarded. There is no shame into losing to the actual Phoenix. Compare this to AoA where he jobbed to regular Magneto.

I think its one of the most impressive fights that Apocalypse ever lost in any media.

Psychlocke was a pretty good fighter as well.

Oh, man. I need this too!

Same here.

It was comicbooky in the best way possible.

If the movie is too serious
>hurrdurr they are ashamed of the comic book source
If its hammy and campy like the comic books
>hurrdurr its hammy and campy

Im more convinced every fucking day that passes that if its not the MCU its bad by default for some people.

X-Men Apocalypse was the most comic book movie of the year. Hell, even more than Deadpool, which had quite a grounded villain and setting (I guess it was more due to budget than anything else but still). Apocalypse was balls to the wall campy and colourful. Almost like a random episode from the 90s cartoon.

I cant wait for the JustQUIP League to be released so everyone complains how it tries to be like Marvel and how it lost its identity by the same people saying BvS was too dark and took itself too seriously for such a silly premise.

Too be serious, I think that the "slo-mo" scene actually needed more screentime. If they had just had more screentime for "Jean in heels", just a few extra seconds, it might have been less jarring.

she did a pretty good job playing the characterless Jean Grey then

I think Apocalypse mental image was destroyed too fast, like in fast forward, it needed 2 or 3 more seconds there.

The camera work was great with that scene. The ost. Jean walking in air. I dont know why people hate on Singer. Sure, they might have to get better writers, or better FX engineers but right now Singer is the best cape director. By far. DoFP sentinel scenes are terrific even with the low budget cgi.

Russos are a close second and I hope to watch CA: The serpent society some day as true sequel to TWS.

Great year for cape movies. I liked the 4 of them. Dunno why everyone is invested in company wars.

Exactly. It's the mental battle between Jean and Apocalypse that was too fast. Needed more oomph in that part, just to show she's kicking his behind both mentally and physically.

The physical fight was great, though. And I like how this scene showed the difference between old Xavier, and this rebooted Xavier--after learning to stop being so controlling in Days of Future Past, Xavier is able to help Jean Grey actually let loose, instead of keeping her so blocked off. That explains why she survives in this new timeline--Xavier treated her better.

It's moments like this which makes me happy that Fox still has X-men. The fact we have a movie saga that's ongoing allows for these flourishes.

This. Best Phoenix needs recs

Excalibur run. Also, wasn't she in New Mutants?

Okay, that's funny.

It sucks that Jean has no character defining runs besides the Phoenix Saga.

Not sure where the rage is coming from but okay I'll bite.

I like the MCU, I like the Fox/Sony films, and I like the DCEU, I was just saying that I really liked the shot of her going full Pheonix because it looked like something that came out of a comicbook. Now calm down.

Did you have the same problem with Tyrion creating Sentinels in DOFP?