ITT: Shows that became shit as time went on

ITT: Shows that became shit as time went on.

Sup Forums

It wasn't "as time went on" it was sudden and immediately recognizable.

Sup Forums is not a show, but I agree.

All of them.

It dropped in quality, but late Dexter was still good.

Well the animation was shit in the later season, but is normal with all the poeple that left and the show was still enjoyable most of the time

Later Dexter episodes could at least be funny aside from the shit art.

PPG after the movie had all around garbage writing.

The latter part of Dexter's Lab was essentially a reboot.

the jump the shark moment for us was when moot's dumb milquetoast ass made inspector manletwood a mod.

>starts with Dexter instead of spongebob

Done to death.

The art went shit. The episodes were still good for the most part.

le simpsóns

>sudden

Wasn't there a pretty long hiatus between seasons 2 and 3?

YOU'RE RIDIN' THAT HOG

Book 4 might have the lowest budget animation of all time especially around the 2nd half of the show

I mean the CGi in Legend of Korra is already terrible to look at for long periods.

2 years between Ego Trip and the Revival i believe

All of them. Anything that isn't The Simpsons will start to go to shit after season 2. It's practically law.

The first season (more accurately, the first half of the first season) was fucking awesome. Then for some reason they cranked up the meta jokes to 11 and made Chowder's stupidity his only character trait.

Not even, fuck you dumb ass nigger

One of the only good post-Ego Trip episodes

Same thing happened to Flapjack.

Fun Fact: Both the Dexter's Lab Revival and the last two seasons of PPG had Chris Savino as showrunner

Almost every cartoon out there.

For whatever reason, once they go past the 'fourth season threshold,' they become shit.

Go ahead and try to prove me wrong.

It wasn't exactly a hiatus: The show outright ended after season 2 and Ego Trip, and most of the crew went on to work on PPG

spongebob

I think with both Chowder and Flapjack (it's outright confirmed with chowder, but you can tell with flapjack because of how the storyboard teams change up) the 1st seasons were originally 13 half hours long (26 11 minute episodes) and were extended sometime into production (long enough that in chowder's case the redesigns first implemented in the later season 1 episodes was intended for season 2)

Usually a show doesn't get worse over time, it gets worse when the entire crew is replaced.

But doesn't AT have its original crew still on board?

Simpsons and Spongebob.
And both are still being dragged through the mud as we speak.

Yes
Yes
Cliche but still true
Always sucked

There's a few GOLDEN zombie Dexter, but yeah, it's not very good.

Nope. Pen Ward left. Rebecca Sugar left. I don't think they even have Nat Allegri anymore.

huh sadly i do have to say my favorite show

Oh yeah, that fucker.

This

I had so high hopes for this series but it just gets worse and worse with every new episode.

Tiny
Equine
Show

The art for the different seasons will always remain amazing though

>inb4 denial

>it gets worse when the entire crew is replaced.
That almost always happens in a gradual fashion though, so yes, the show does in turn get worse over time.

I stopped watching around the time they added CJ. I was beyond the point of caring by then.

>there are fans so delusional that they even defend EqG

EEnE and Hey Arnold come to mind. In fact, HA got better as it went along imo.

>browsed /mlp/ back in 2013
>EqG released that summer
>every shits on it and the people who tried to defend it get shut the fuck down
>fast forward to today
>everybody seems to love EqG and people who dislike it are told to kill themselves
>tfw ">no hooves" is dead

>>tfw ">no hooves" is dead

This image is pretty shit:
>first half
>expects "only 90s kids remember" the board
>instead everyone discusses what's current

WOW who would have guessed

>second half
>expects people to be discussing current cartoons, which they do
>apparently this board is just Sup Forums migrants

I mean it can get pretty annoying when people won't STFU about the evils of tumblr, but it's hardly the whole board and most discussion is of current toons. And they're not entirely wrong anyways, like at least 1/4 of this board goes to tumblr.

It also doesn't even touch comic books. Tho if you ask me comics should just have their own board because there's actually not a whole lot of overlap between the two and both get enough discussion to merit a board. /toon/ and Sup Forums would be good.

">No hooves" is most certainty not dead. To an annoying extent.

Simpons is overall the best answer.

Almost every other cartoon became shit suddenly one particular season. Spongebob, PPG, Dexter, etc. Simpsons instead suffered a gradual decline in quality until it was eventually unwatchable, but no one can quite agree when the last good season was and also when it got so bad it couldn't be watched anymore. It never jumped the shark, it just got worse until around season 12 you couldn't stand it anymore...

...and The Simpsons STILL puts out a good episode once or twice a season to this day. I swear I'm not bullshitting you guys!

>To an annoying extent.
Drop dead.

This.

You can tell the crew want to move on and do different things.

hell is real and we exist in it

Family guy

S1-S2 best seasons.

Most shows in existence /thread.
To various degrees, but still

when was that, wanna catch up and stop at that same time

>Season 10 confirmed

Not gonna happen for a while apparently

>huh sadly i do have to say my favorite show

Yeah definitely not as good as it used to be, but still not especially bad. Started going downhill when they abandoned the spy agency model.

What's the oppression episode before or after the movie? That was great

Next week is the game changing season finale.

Venture Bros

No denial here. Season 1 and the first half of 4 were great if a bit bumpy later on with the relationshit, but the later half of 4 and onward (including the movie) is just a mess. The new arc is godawful too and it feels so out of place compared to the rest of the show. It makes sense after seeing the storyboard staff now is mainly newbies and some of my least favorite ones.

You're welcome. Also I get credit for Johnny Test too and you faggots that enjoy Loud House owe me one.

I actually quite liked Archer Vice [\spoiler]

Season six was mostly shit and season 7 had its good episodes and moments but again was lower quality overall

I stopped watching after it became another shipping drama show.
Please tell me there are still episodes that are just them goofing around with 80's paraphanalia

EEnE got boring when they actually went to school.

Nope. It just went from shipping shit to bland cartoon shit to setup for "REGULAR SHOW.... IN SPACE......"

Why can't it just die in peace already? Why do they keep pumping in life support instead of doing the humane thing?

I dropped it shortly after the episode with the animatronics

That episode is great, the Hell is your problem?

Or do you mean their second appearance with the bullshit that Margaret pulled off?

I wouldn't say boring but it just became weird, and not even in the good way. They all went to school now but it was desolate, no background characters even, no teachers.

I still kinda like Archer, but I just want it to end.

I have a similar case with Venture Bros, but for somewhat different reasons. I still enjoy the show, but I'm so fatigued. It takes them so fucking long to make a season of six or eight episodes. I want it to be over, because I'm close to not really caring anymore.

Butch probably wants this to be done so he can do Danny Phantom again, but Nick won't let him. Why else is he making characters every season where he runs out of episode ideas?

Johnny Test was never good

>never seen the first season

Decent or passable =\= Good.

First season got me into my fetish

Buscarino ruined Flapjack IMO

This

Just about every action show between 1984-1998.

Seriously, what the hell was up with this? Even the best or most popular animated action shows gave their all in their first seasons and a little of their second sometimes. This included having some good character development or ongoing arcs. But then they'd shit the bed afterward, or at least have a significant decrease in quality.

Men in Black, BTAS, Godzilla, Real Ghostbusters, Exo Squad, and Gargoyles always come to mind for being guilty of this.

>moot
Literally who?

The Real Ghostbusters. JMS left the show after season 2.

They dropped the stand alone format.
The second they tried to add relationship drama was when I stopped watching.
It's like they wanted the SU crowd.

>Real Ghostbusters
>action

none of those people had much to do with the original quality. not even Pen. he didn't actually write that many episodes.