The Flash Earth One Pitch

Last night some user wondered what people would do for Flash on Earth One. I ended up coming up with a pitch for Volume One fairly on the spot. Would people like to hear it? Will post the first intro chapter

People will hate it because 'not muh flash' like always

After criticism more than anything else. It's the first "full comic" story I've actually come up with. Like, beginning, middle, end, plus themes and motifs and what not.

Done.

Criticism (for good or ill) would be loved.

I liked it. Didn't really like Cold sill sanding with Weather Wizard after he killed a fuckton of people but hey, it's an elseworld and he's just getting started.

Grodd just trying to save his people is cool, the "you're just as bad as them" is cliche but also good. It's weird, I feel like he would have chimped out then and there and we would get a gorilla fight, but that's just me

When Barry is running around the city saving people, is he also experimenting with his powers or just zipping in and out? Tornado hands would be good for the fire. Maybe he gets ideas from his Jay Garrick comics?

>When Barry is running around the city saving people, is he also experimenting with his powers or just zipping in and out? Tornado hands would be good for the fire. Maybe he gets ideas from his Jay Garrick comics?

He's also experimenting with his powers. More so for the second tour than the first.

Captain Cold saving Weather Wizard isn't so much for Weather Wizard it more for Captain Cold's own criminal reputation.

>Captain Cold saving Weather Wizard isn't so much for Weather Wizard it more for Captain Cold's own criminal reputation.
Okay, I get that. Could you explain these "yellow outs" to me?

While they wouldn't be explained in Volume One and are meant to be a mystery there's a combination of the Speedforce with a bit of a misdirect to make it look like Thawne's involved when really it's Barry himself.

I always liked the idea that Barry made himself the lightning-bolt which turned him into the Flash. I like the idea that basically Barry created the speedforce itself.

Basically the yellow outs are Barry outside of time creating the Flash but there is still interference by Eobard Thawne as while Barry has more power over the speedforce he isn't nearly as good as Thawne is at manipulating the timeline.

How did Barry get the suit?

It would be revealed later. Probably in Volume Two.

He made it in the Speedforce.

>Grodd has a lair and has eaten many brains

So long as this exact line appears somewhere in the comic, I'll read it.

Thanks man.

No one else has any thoughts?

Why bother putting in all this effort when we're going to get a shitty book done by Straczynski?

>Jay Garret

Sorry for the spelling mistakes.

Why not?

I'm not going to bother reading past this. The way you've written Iris is very waifu tier and that "best orgasm" shit is fanfic tier

The sex stuff are the bits I was most "eh" when reading it.

It's the first time she's having sex with Barry after he becomes a speedster. I wouldn't have her saying "best orgasms eva!!!" I'd have her saying something along the lines of:

>We've never done something like that

Also, the sex scenes wouldn't be obscene, while I wouldn't want things entirely off camera it would be decent in the sense of what we're seeing (o-faces, raised hips under white sheets, post coital cuddling). You know how sex scenes are usually displayed in comics.

Also for saying Iris is "waifu material" it's cause she is in comics.

Fair enough.

The sex scenes are about how people are in relationships when they're really happy with each other. At lease in my humble experience.

just make this the flash movie

N'awww, thanks man!

Speaking of Earth One, I get so frustrated with fellow fans when they review Earth One GN's on Amazon, Goodreads, etc and give them 2/5 or something, and the critique usually boils down to "not muh"

That's the fucking point of Earth One.

As the OP and Flash pitch-writer I was kind of annoyed with certain aspects of Batman Earth One but still in the end enjoyed it. It wasn't so much Batman failing but how he failed if you feel me. Like I felt it was kind of trying to be like Batman Year One but didn't quite get it. But there is A LOT I love in Batman Earth One.

Superman Earth One however... Just.., Just not good and kind of bad, you feel me?

No, I enjoyed Superman Earth One too. What didn't you like?

The "not Zod" bad guys.

Superman being kind of an emo asshole.

Superman not knowing how good he was at everything until he arrived at Metropolis.

And Superman's "I'm cool" clothes (not his costume mind you, his actual attire),

>fusion of Jay Garrick and Dan Garrett

I liked the twist that it was a war between Krypton and another planet and species that made Krypton blow up. And it made sense I guess the way they explained it in the comics why the not-Zod people also had superpowers under a yellow sun.

For me it worked having him be less of a boy scout as Clark Kent, since he's so young.

I never got the impression that he didn't know he was good at shit before arriving in Metropolis.

I have no opinion on his street clothes.

>literally not muh arguments.

Also the story just isn't that good.

SPEEDCORPS

>I liked the twist that it was a war between Krypton and another planet and species that made Krypton blow up. And it made sense I guess the way they explained it in the comics why the not-Zod people also had superpowers under a yellow sun.

NAh, fair enough. I guess it's because the bad guys were so "not Zod", Like if they were depicted differently I would possibly have enjoyed them a lot more.

Sound cool thank you.

I see what you're saying. It's all in the execution.