So what exactly is the point behind bringing Classic Supes into the Nu52 continuity?

So what exactly is the point behind bringing Classic Supes into the Nu52 continuity?

In what way is he different from Nu52 Superman that having him back is going to affect anything?

he has a 10 year old kid

Very Little point.

But Superfags criticized New52 Supes for being "too edgy" without reading any of his comics at all.

He has a more collected and mature demeanor.

He has a family dynamic that's he brings in.

He is even more of a strange visitor because he is also from the previous universe.

You're a fag.

A sense of experience and authority.
A family.

My criticism was always the costume and how cold he was. Everyone became a 21 year old with a bitchy attitude, and stories where he acted like real Supes seemed awkward because of his crazy costume. It was hard to be inspired by someone who looked like they were from a video game.

>You're a fag.
Rude. All I did was ask a question.

>how cold he was

>He has a more collected and mature demeanor.
He decided to reveal himself to the world by attacking Luthor for no reason beyond him being Luthor.

They kinda wrote the new guy into a corner.

>Luthor. One of the pettiest men on the planet slaps your mantle on the ass after you die and steals it
>What do?

That's a pretty good reason.

The costume is going to exist whichever version comes forth from 2011 forward, except for the rare Elseworld or something along those lines like the Earth One GNs.

I would not call his attitude bitchy except in the first arc of Justice League and a bit less so that Johns wrote. He certainly wasn't what can correctly or properly be called bitchy when written by Perez or Morrison. Pak also didn't write him that way in the B/S titles he wrote, nor in Action.

For all that he's a crappy, lousy writer with little imagination and the worst, lazy work habits as far as exhibiting what little imagination he has, Lobdell didn't write him with a bitchy attitude either.

New 52 Superman suffered from inconsistent writing, poor editorial mandate and oversight in story lines and management of cross-overs and connecting different writers with one another so that there would be continuity between arcs/writers.

The art work is going to be an issue going forward. I don't see how you really think any cape art drawn for DC differs in your specific criticism to that which is drawn for Marvel or even say Image or Dynamite (or anyone else putting out one or more cape titles, be it Oni, Boom or whomever).

So in addition to Batfags with their bat hard-ons, for the rest of this story-line, we're going to have to deal with SexyLexyfags with their Luthor hard-ons, huh?

He have a family.

Name one time Luthor has been a legitimately good person solely for the sake of being good

>tole your alternate reality self's cape
>wore said cape
>wore the S shield
>claimed to be Superman
>attacking Superlex not justified

Forever Evil.

I mean the seams a d metallic armor with no trunks. It isn't homey or relatable, it looks too synthetic. However he acts, is written to act or draw to act, the problem is he doesn't have the right suit. He doesn't look like Superman in his New52 suit. Or new Rebirth suit.

I know it's because DC is dodging trademark and copyright expirations but I don't care. Until he's in the right suit again he's just a product on a shelf. An IP being marketed based on brand recognition more than for the art they are.

That's what Morrison's arc was about, the death of Superman at the hands of DC's business plans.

He killed like 4 people over the course of that story including some random security guard who worked for him just because he's not Superman and he never will be his morals are shit

So what is Classic Lois doing now?
Is she going to be an actual character at all or is she trapped on a farm raising a kid and that's it?

i dont know why they dident just make a few minor personality adjustments

>Is she going to be an actual character at all or is she trapped on a farm raising a kid and that's it?

pretty much, she lives under a different name like lois "generic last name".

Lex wanted to talk it out with post-Crisis SM.
He grabbed him by the mantle, got shocked by automated defense system in the suit.

Imagine if you had a shirt with a patch and someone who grabbed it because he/she didn't like it. It'll be constituted as an assault on your person.
As wrong as it is, Lex legalled owns the cape as he own the Daily Planet which was given the ownership of said cape since New-52 Superman had no next of kin, legally speaking. Don't know why Kara didn't just took it and placed it in the FOS, though.

Jurgens said the conflict was based on post-Crisis SM's intuition rather than any concrete evidence that Lex was still evil. Doesn't help Lex is acting like a smug asshole like usual.
Lex wanted to be Superman to make his comatose sister proud of him.
Pretty kinda Superior, if you catch my drift.

i think it was a mistake to open with the corrupt businessmen and those lines about superman no longer thinking the law applied to them anymore.

it wasent that bad but it made people go into the series looking for edge

*legally

he does good but its more to feed his ego so im not sure if it really counts

In Superman: Lois and Clark, she had written an exposé on Intergang, but beyond that, not much so far.
I'd imagine she'll be a recurrence in Super Sons. Maybe she'll chew out Talia about how she doesn't get mom rights anymore.

yeah i dont know why so many people are insisting lex attacked first its made quite clear supes made the first move there.

>generic last name
It's White, after Perry.

>Superior Superman
I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

Now, it's Smith. Clark Smith, Lois Smith and Jon Smith.

I haven't heard anything about trademark dodging, what is this all about?

Parts of the Superman character are going to become public domain and other parts they have to pay the Siegel and Shuster estates to use. You didn't think these costume changes were because people actually thought he would look better, did you?

>An IP being marketed based on brand recognition more than for the art they are.

Welcome to the big two. If you think a costume will change that, you're... well, you're their target audience.

He thought Nu52 Lex was exactly the same sort of asshole as his Lex

In reality, they are totally differnt kinds of asshole: everything old Lex did was to fuck over Superman. Everything new Lex does is to stroke his ego.

A fine distinction, but Nu52 Lex actually is capable of doing good, and moving past his hate of Superman, and actually growing as a person, while Old Lex is the kind of asshole who'd piss away the power of god and happiness for the universe just to take a swing at Superman.

What's Lois looking pissed for here? Does she have powers again in this story? Is she gonna do anything but stand there and let Superman save her? Is she constipated? It seems inappropriate.

This is literally the most autistic reason to dislike a character.

Is there a source for this?

i think this is a pretty good way of putting it yeah

This sounds like total bullshit.

especialy because trying to copyright strongman trunks would be retarded
no one element of superman is at all distinct its the way it comes together.

I miss Superbro.

Originally Pre and Post Flashpoint were different universes as shown in Convergence. Hence why the Pre-N52 Superman was able to go into the Post-N52 world.

But then, a part of his Rebirth plans, Johns decided that Post-Flashpoint and Pre-Flashpoint were really the same universe (which makes sense though, since the old universe never ceased to exist, it was only modified by the events of Flashpoint).

So, if the original, Pre-Flashpoint Superman was in the Post-Flashpoint universe, who was the Post-Flashpoint Superman? This is something that will be adressed in future comics.

They had to get rid of him to replace it with the previous, original Superman of this universe.

I didn't mean THAT particular armor outfit. ALL the designs that had all those Jim Lee lines all over the place were ridiculous which is why they have gotten rid of them. I mean a uniform without trunks, which is what most people think of one this issue is raised.

How does a suit make him cold and bitchy if you are saying that the only problem is his suit?

Hi Lex

Actually, the Intergang expose was ONE of a number of best sellers she had written. When they first got there, she had worked as a journalist for their local paper and, I presume (since I don't remember it being stated) that she stopped to concentrate on the books. Full time authors is considered a legit impression. If Gaiman or G.R. R. Martin were chicks, we would be asking are they just going to be stay at home moms?

Its weird, since Bruce is technically the same/Pre-n52 Bruce too, and so is Barry but fuck if i know who else is...

I do know that Original Booster Gold is now Wave Rider, which i guess is ok but I fucking miss the Blue and Gold still...

but thats exactly what happened

It's Reign of the Supermen mk 2.

Yes, and N52 Clark would have been the same Clark... if not for the fact that there was already a Pre-Flashpoint Clark that escaped Convergence and settled in the Post-N52 world alongside his family.

Still somewhat justified, given he thought this Lex was the same piece of shit his was.

See

NO one is insisting that dude. Superman clearly said, fine, let's talk. Take the shield off (which represents his family name, remember - or is that too hard with your Lex boner).

It doesn't matter if he bought the Daily Planet (which presumably actually means he bought Galaxy Communications, to be accurate). They shouldn't be the 'legit' owners of the cape and if they wanted to take it to court, I doubt it would be a win for Lex.

Besides, given who was there when Super Bro perished, and who had immediate access to the cape, including LANA, it's highly unlikely that Bruce, Diana, etc. or LANA would turn it over to anyone.

And that's not bad.
Reign was the best part of DAROS.

Now that you mention it, I would be happy as a fucking clam if Golden Age Superman came back from the dead too.

Reign of the Supermen 2: This time with Supermen

That Booster Gold shit was fucked up by Rebirth. I wonder how they will explain Booster not being the same. They could retcon Pre-N52 Booster as saying he's just an older version of current Booster.

Google can be your friend. Will you find a bleedingcool article? Probably not, but look at their lawsuits with the Siegel and Shuster estates and read between the lines.
You're right, it is about all the pieces come together. But that idea can only be owned for a certain amount of time. And if they have to pay S&S each time that idea shows up its better to just make your own version of the character.

Like all the characters DC bought from Fawcett and Quality.

The shield would be the copy right material. Things like the trunk are what are considered LOOK/FEEL.

Given the number of Golden Age characters, owned by Timely, All American, National, Fawcett, etc. with trunks, it would be difficult to consider it a trademark item.

It's the same as say Popeye's pipe or sailor outfit. The pipe can be redesigned, the outfit can be changed - so long as it's a sailor outfit, it does NOTHING to extend, or impact public domain issues.

In short, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

There isn't - not that user offered any.

I'd agree with that this is a good way of putting it, except that in some story arcs in New 52, Lex did want to kill Super Bro and acted on that, and certainly acted in ways that fucked over Super Bro. But yeah, over all, you probably do nail the biggest distinction between post Bryne Lex and the one we've had for the last five years.

I haven't bothered reading the GL books in forever, but I thought Hal was also someone whose history wasn't changed with the New 52?

There with you user.

The chrono illness was something where they picked up from the V2 run of Booster Gold. That version was repaired, but presumably the one we had in JLI (N52) was a younger, different one. No clue if they have a sensible way of fixing it, since Wave Rider Booster did exist with another version of him at Convergence who wasn't necessarily simply another Booster from a different universe, but could just as easily have been a younger Booster.

Plus, which, I think the 52 storyline (the weekly) where Skeets was the villain suggests that there is a version of Booster that is outside the multiverse in the sense that he's outside time and place (meaning specific Earths/universes) because of his role with Rip, etc.

I know, I like it too. Needs more Superboy though, both versions.
Is it a coincidence that Bloodlines is making a comeback around this time?

They are paying the Siegel Family (thus the credit line which now appears) for ANY use of Supergirl, Superboy, or Superman (irrespective of outfit). Why do you think EVERY one of the Multiversity issues/one shots had that tag line?

And sorry, I'm well-versed in the lawsuits and with IP law, I don't practice it any longer but you are talking about different types of things. Drug companies can claim a patent on say Ambien by releasing a slightly different formulation (typically an extended release version) but Disney can't change Mickey's shorts and extend the trademark or copyright (which are totally different than patents).

Congress extended the ability of rights holders to hold rights. The rights are with DC, they just did an agreement with Siegel family that essentially buys the family's (let's call it silence for want of the better word) to contest DC's rights. They are also, most certainly, doing it for the PR benefit, same as with now crediting Finger on Bat stuff, including BvS (and presumably future films, or other live action appearances). I can't remember if it's on Lego movie, but I'm sure he'll be credited in the stand-alone Bat lego movie.

im not sure how that results in costume changes unless that agreement had some fucking weird terms

>both versions
I want to agree with you, but not until someone can give the older one a leather jacket and a smile.

Somewhat irrelevant but is supes kill in Justice Legue? Lex is new supes. Is this just issue 52 or part of 52?

It doesn't. I'm disagree with the user who seems to think that adding lines or making the boots blue somehow extends copyright or otherwise affects intellectual property law. Superman has to have an outfit, a cape as part of it is part of the type of thing used for retaining a trademark, or a copyright, etc. Which is (both wore capes) one of the arguments National used against Fawcett in their lawsuit over Captain Marvel. The fact that Cap didn't wear trunks wasn't really relevant NOR enough to make him different, other aspects such as making him super strong or super fast or invulnerable were the things that were similar.

In other words, Electric Superman or his containment suit, doesn't let DC extend the copyright in way, shape or form, AND in those days, I think the only thing S&S were collecting were extra pension benefits and, I believe, medical benefits. I'm not even sure if the medical benefits were extended to their kids, for example. Now, they are getting a lump sum payment on a regular basis.

I believe based on the solicits that Super Dad will be on the league going forward. They already showed Diana and Bruce at the White's (or I guess Smith if I wasn't paying attention to the name change) house while Super Dad was wearing the new Superman outfit shown here.

It's a pretty simple fix for Booster and explaining how there are two different versions of him. He's from the future, so while Manhattan only modified 10 years of DC present, that mean thousands of years of differences for Booster. Pre-FP Boooster still exists outside time so he's somewhat safe, but just like with Supes, Manhattan needs something to fill the void, New 52 Booster.

>Classic Supes
Post-Crisis fag please

He's not Superman, he's either Cyborg Superman or Eradicator.

Notice Hank Henshaw wasn't Cyborg Superman.

You, oldfags, who got so hyped about "Muh Supes" are gonna get BTFO.

The initial run of Nu52 Superman was Grant Morrison, I can't imagine Grant Morrison writing a "Too edgy" Superman. Who fucked up? Lobdell?

>Attacked
>For no reason
did you even read it? Lex faked the "attack".

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Perez wrote the first arc of Superman when Morrison did, essentially one long arc broken up into three parts.

What most people referred to as too edgy was blamed on the Action Comics issue where Clark is just wearing the white tee with shield, cape, jeans and boots, and goes into a high rise hotel and holds the bad guy over the balcony and invites the police/security to chase after him.

It's people who aren't familiar with the Superman Archives, Superman Chronicles, etc. EG. people who really have no sense of Superman except for Bryne/post-Bryne and Donnerverse. Or who believe that everything prior to them was exactly what you see on the Superdickery site.

In other words, idiots.

However, the Superman that Johns depicted in his first two arcs of Justice League, especially in Origins, did nothing to deter the people who were claiming Super Bro was "too edgy" because he wrote him in a dickish, different manner.

Grandpa go back to playing bingo and feeling up the nursing home staff.

But Superman doens't knows that.

You can't just attack someone because they are probably evil, without any sort of proof.

Nu52 Supes was... not good. By bringing back the classic Supes they get to also bring back classic, non-cunt Lois. They also get to bring in their son, who will be perfectly aged for a Damian Wayne team-up book.

This way we get to have awesome Superman, get rid of the SupermanxWW couple, and all of it is without retcon.

But he is, it's the same Superman from Convergence

But we know The Eradicator is coming back and fighting Superdad, and New 52 Cyborg Superman is Kara's dad. Pay attention faggot.

It's always this picture every fucking thread, as if it's supposed to prove anything.

>People don't think Superman threatens people with force
What?
>Johns JL Superman
I didn't really like him there. I get that.
Is this the series that has Clark's powers cut way down? When he uses his cape as knuckle dusters? I didn't keep up, what's he fighting with the police about? Evicting protesters or homeless people?

Ok, so can someone explain why there are costume changes? Is it just because they feel like it, or what?

>Is this the series that has Clark's powers cut way down? When he uses his cape as knuckle dusters? I didn't keep up, what's he fighting with the police about? Evicting protesters or homeless people?
People were celebrating Superman, the cops were being manipulated by shadow people or something, they came and started a fight

The people in Clark's building have been having a block party because it's Superman's neighborhood, and they love it.
The cops are there because they were ordered to be there. I don't recall them breaking any laws, and the police were being controlled by one of Vandal Savage's lackeys.

The cops showed up in full riot gear, told them to disperse, the residents didn't comply. they just sat there in fact.

And say what you will about topical police brutality, but it wasn't as heavy handed as the issue of Batman.

Here's the long and short of their plan.

That's uh- less interesting than I had hoped it'd be?
"Cops are jealous of superheros" is a fucking dumb cliche that needs to die.

And here's one more for good measure.
It was an interesting story.
Last time I can recall Superman not having powers for any length of time was after Infinite Crisis, and the comics mostly glossed over the recovery.

I'm pretty sure that guy was a shadow monster thing

Did you miss the bit about Vandal Savage and shadow demons?

>he doesn't look exactly the same as I like him so I refuse to read anything about him
I'm convinced you people are just mentally ill

>Gets a scan posted that proves his argument wrong.
>I-IT DOESN'T COUNT

Fuck off.

Based on a technicality, Lex didn't attack anyone. Suit was automated to zap anyone who tried to touch him as far as we know. Lex warned him, a second before Daddy Supes touched Lex. Not that that means much.
Daddy Supes clearly escalated it though. He didn't have to immediately punch the smug bastard afterwards.

Not really convincing me to read it honestly.
I like the personable characterization for Clark though.

Costume changes can signify many things. A change in status quo, a change in the character's outlook on life, a rebranding of the company to which the character belongs, a reboot, etc.

In this case, New52 called for some fresh takes on old characters, which included costumes.

No one is trying to convince you, faggot. We're not here for your sake.

Wished they went through with it, did it differently. New-52 SuperBro was inspired by Golden Age SM, who did fuck around and messed with corrupt people in power.
Maybe people writing and editing got nervous because of the assaulting cops aspect?

>Hence why
Goddamned, fucking, illiterate moron.