How come some African cities look better than """first world""" cities?

How come some African cities look better than """first world""" cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

nairaland.com/1525621/luanda-angola-african-miami-pics
economist.com/node/18118935
accorhotels.com/promotion/feelwelcomeafrica/index.fr.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're newer, planned

Africans are superior

This is what Luanda really looks like you dumb mexican

How many decades do you think it will take for Britain to look as civilized?

wow 10 shitty boxes, such a development

WHY IS NORTH KOREA SO SUPERIOR TO CAPITALIST PIGGU COUNTRIES???? CHECKMATE

Just admit defeat

nairaland.com/1525621/luanda-angola-african-miami-pics

what are you on, exactly?

OP pic is literally the best Angola has to offer, even the cherrypick of this country is fucking pathetic

More than you can afford, mohammed

stfu namefag

BASED

This is Luanda

This is Lisbon

because on underdeveloped shitholes wealthiness gets focused on the (few) urban areas, of course

Lisbon looks the better of the two, even in those cherrypicked images you just posted.
Also
>Sweden
The poetry just writes itself at this point

Traffic in Lagos. My father in law is Nigerian and he says it takes like 4 hours to go what would take 1 hour in the usa

Is this real? wtf

Looks like a 3rd world shithole with skyscrapers built by foreign corporations.
Looks like a real country with a lot of rich history and a comfy standard of living.

>browsing pictures of Angola
>find this

Aliens?

Now is my time to shine, archifag reporting in, let's go trough some cities and do an architectural analysis.
First stop is Kilamba, a city in the Belas municipality near Luanda OTE and inside the Luanda province *. It is a new major development designed to increase urban sprawl and decentralize the population that lives (mostly) in bad conditions on the Luanda city center. Like Abuja in Nigeria, Belas has some major inspiration (and funding) coming from Brazil's capital, Brasilia. The south american commieblock, despite being inspired in the sovie one, has some fundamental differences in height, spacing and internal structure to better suit the conditions of constructing in places with cheap labor, expensive materials and a lot of heat. The city resembles in some ways La Plata, Argentina due to similar design of the streets, a modernist recreation of the classical french street planing that can be seen in places such as Washington and Paris. Despite the apparent new state of the buildings they sit mostly empty since completion due to high prices that are out of reach even for many westerners. Some factors that may account for these prices includes:
-transporting materials to fucking africa
-getting qualified workforce in fucking africa
-corruption is very high when you're both a commie country and in fucking africa
-families in africa tend to be huge so most apartments have at lest 4-5 rooms
A single family house (5 bedrooms) near this apartment complex will cost you around 1M dolars.

* (the capital of the country and the state has the same name of the state, just like Lagos, Nigeria [until it was moved to Abuja] and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil [until it was moved to Brasilia])

More pictures are coming

and if I didn't have you thinking hard enough already, here's another synapse scratcher

Angola has a shit ton of oil

yes but not in africa. the blocky building is MahaNakhon and it is on Bangkok, Thailand.

Also one more picture of Kilamba

>synapse scratcher
Not really, since Istanbul is not a third world city like others in this thread.

You have never been to Luanda. I was there for business in 2013 and it's about a 1km2 glitzy downtown area with lots of high-rises and then it turns to shit.
Also, it is one of the most unequal countries in the world. economist.com/node/18118935
Mineralnigger country through and through.

what if we're all being lied to and north korea is actually a hyper technological utopia?

I have plenty of pics of the architecure in north korea, their capital is actually pretty beautiful. This is the inauguration of a new street in Pyongyang, most building in the picture have between 100 and 200 meters for reference, there is a chart with all heights if you want it

I know, but the cherrypicking game is too fun to resist. for countries in africa, highrises are actually a massive red flag, since they indicate that the country funnels all money into the capital, disregarding the needs of the majority in the countryside. and of course for angola, it's 100% chink oil money, and as soon as they lose that, they'll wish they'd spent it wiser.

this is what you really look like you disgusting piece of shit faggot

looks like some kind of game

They implemented national communism. Of course capitalistic kikes don't like it.

it reminds me of the cities in Sundog for the Atari ST

Second stop is Lagos in Nigeria, rising sea levels have taken most of Lagos coastline and as the water keeps rising Nigerian authorities have decided that they need to build a dam to prevent the biggest city in Africa to become underwater ruins.
That's when they realized that the state could possibly do such a project and they gave it all to private companies to fund.
That's when Eko Atlantic City was born, the land lost in the last years was reclaimed from the sea using the same method used to build the Dubai artificial islands and a wall was built around it to prevent the ocean to go back. Various construction companies and architectural offices from the middle east have shown interest in taking part on the project. The construction is using cheap african labor and is expected to be a new center for West African commerce liking the western world with the rich natural resources of the continent.
The project is about half-way trough with reclaiming the land and some buildings are already going up. I have some pics of the first buildings already built on site (including some high level residential towers) but this render is more illustrative of Atlantic City's true potential. The lit up buildings are all funded, projected and ready for construction as soon as the land is available.

those are definitely more than 10 "boxes" and the streets look very clean too

this is not africa, that's shangay. And this pole is a chink (or chink lover) as can be seen here by him posting the same picture in a thread he created titled ">china is third wo-"
Also despite Shangay (not China) do being first world, any city can look nice in a overexposed shot like that. Example: pic related, Moscow

they saw a commie future
like the other guy said, looks like sundog

It looks better than what we are lead to believe. But, common. It is not that good.

They don't, and """""first world""""" cities are becoming shit because they are being filled with third world """"""people"""""" such as yourself.

Wtf. When I reverse searched it, it said it was Luanda.

it is Luanda, see the original post, this is Luanda Province and Luanda Metropolitan Area too I belive

accorhotels.com/promotion/feelwelcomeafrica/index.fr.shtml
>LUANDA
>An 'American' city
>Located at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, Luanda invites you to dive into its Portuguese past during your business trip.

>With its long avenue Marginal lined with palm trees and skyscrapers reflecting their silhouettes in the waters of the bay, the Angolan capital would almost resemble the great cities of America. Its colonial churches and São Miguel Fortress, from which you can admire a beautiful panorama, are reminiscent of its Portuguese heritage. To discover its history, do not miss to visit the National Museum of Slavery and that of Anthropology.

>Luanda also promises relaxing moments on the sandy beaches of Ilha do Mussulo, facing the splendid lunar landscape of Miradouro da Lua and during festive evenings in the bars, restaurants and clubs of Ilha do Cabo. Take the time to discover it!

I meant the pick you said was from Bankok.

by blocky building I meant this one

fuck, you're right. for some reason every site that shows that particular pic claims that it's luanda, but when you look at pics of mahanakhon, it's pretty obvious that it's the same place.

> cheerypick the worst image of Lisbon you can find
> it looks like a normal, safe first-world city
Learn to shitpost, user.

>"normal, safe first world cities" have fucking ruins in the middle of the city centre
maybe in southern europe

T-That doesn't look bad