Jailbreak, problem sleuth, and Homestuck

Which of the 3 was the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rmhs5wwJZnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Proiblem Sleuth, how is this even a question

a challenger appears

Homestuck Acts 1-4 + 5.2 > Problem Sleuth > Homestuck Act 5.1 > Jailbreak > Homestuck Act 6

The best parts of homestuck are better than the best parts of problem sleuth, but problem sleuth as a whole was a better designed and satisfying story.
Jailbreak is just a meme responce.

/thread, pretty much

The escalation in the first 4 acts of homestuck were such a huge expansion on problem sleuth's format that their flaws could be overlooked.

Until they couldn't

Bard Quest, you faggot.

sigh

What classpects would the felt be if they played sburb?
I'm thinking Clover would be a Heir of Light, and Fin would be a Seer of Time, but I'm not sure what the others would be.

I don't understand how some guys get off to this stuff

It's literally just two guys
I like her stuff enough when it's NOT weird fetish shit

Kill Roxy before she ever grows up.

hey, it makes cash, props to her

Roxykitten is not for hurting

Too bad that's exactly what's going to happen.

What powers does a knight of wind have?

>people ITT actually think any part of Homestuck can compare to Problem Sleuth

problem sleuth set the bar kind of low and cleared it fairly well

homestuck set the bar at a decent height and was clearing it, but then decided to start raising it higher and higher and then smacked into it and bounced back on its ass. it then proceeded to stand up and yell "NAILED IT" like it intended to do that

youtu.be/rmhs5wwJZnY
What did he mean by this?

Heads up, cool and new web comic (sic) updated

That jade/jane was pretty cute

yeah that was like 19 of my fetishes so I dug it

Breath m8, come on.
But depending who you ask, might get surrounded in wind whenever they are in danger, or use wind to fuck with enemies. I'd say their biggest power would be avoiding personal interaction by changing their direction every second. Hey, do you wanna hang out user? Nope, too busy going on this quest! Bro, Wanna have team building excerc.. sorry, I'm delivering all this mail.

K, cool.
what about a Mage of Wind?

No it's not
Roxykitten will be raised to be a stable healthy individual

This

die: rogue of doom
crowbar: prince of time
snowman: muse of light(?)
stitch: maid of time lmao

Everyone hates Act 7, but Collide was honestly just as disappointing.
It had literally none of Hussie's great cinematics. Remember Cascade having its border being expanded, having panels sliding around everywhere, and generally just looked really cool? There's none of that here. It's usually just stuck at this one camera angle, with cartoony reaction shots they made just to sell prints spiced in sometimes. And the parts that aren't just a static shot of sprites fidgeting around suck too. Remember that "great" animation when the Becs and Jade kept teleporting around? The fights didn't really have any tension either. Who gave a shit about Jake fighting the Felt? Why didn't everyone just attack Jack or Lord English? They were supposed to be the villains. I guess the Condy fight was alright, but she was killed to quickly. Did no one try to stab her in the hundreds of years she was alive? And there's nothing else in the Flash except these fights. It's pretty boring to be honest.

>that shitty red box around the metoer
Took me right out of it when I sobered up for a rewatch desu

Is it true Hussie didn't animate it?

? what red box?

Yeah. I watched Collide right before we all saw Act 7 together and I was just not impressed. It felt very low-effort and low-detail.

It's in the background around the metor in some shots, it's like they fucked up the transparency or smthn

So you know how the screen went monochrome after the Jack English and Bec Noir fights were finished? I thought that because that didn't happen after )(IC got KO'd, and because the music started to change at the very end, that maybe she wasn't really dead yet. In the following panels I was waiting for her to reappear or something, but nothing happened

collide suffered from basically being an overlong music video that combined a few extremely important details (two fucking yaldabaoths dying) with a bunch of shit no one cared about (seriously, if the bec noir vs. PM fight was going to end that anticlimactically could it have maybe happened a little sooner?).

There was just zero weight or emotion to the fights. You'd think the Empress would be climactic for a lot of them, trolls and kids affected by her, some dialogue and cut-ins and memories and such, callbacks, something, but it was just a fast and loose mash 'em up with no personality or gravity.

>tfw no squarewave or sawtooth

i wish disney would buy homestuck like it's doing with everything else

i wish we had a shot of sawtooth fighting diamonds and squarewave dancing with clubs

>sinks all the gay ships
>pumps out yearly content and tons of merchandise
>Homestuck levels in the new Kingdom Hearts

Do you REALLY want that?

Yes?

>all hints of Dave/rose scrubbed completely
Fuck you're right

Yes.

Yes!

i dunno
you should see the shit they let those disney channel shows get away with

>homestuck is revived
>but it's powerpuff girls reboot-level of quality

All of that sounds great

London rain is so good my goodness

Disney would make Davejade happen

Yeah but it'd be Tangled level of cheese and fluff

I agree that it left a lot to be desired with Collide, but Cascade did not have very good animation either. Do I have to point you to the Jade scenes? Homestuck (usually when it comes to the art team) have a really bad history when it comes to trying to half-ass motion and animation with mostly static images. The way Hussie did it earlier on worked well enough.

You keep saying these words and acting like they're bad but I see nothing bad about them

that sounds perfect

Actually fuck I can't believe I have a folder of this very specific crossover

I'm fine with it

Well, I was trying to finish the Land of Satellites and Frogs before sleep, but I've been too busy being livid over politics.

Here's another WIP in the meantime. Lots still to do.

old fanart too

Cascade had god tier cinematics though.

Go on...

Rewatch it

Which Homestuck would back Brexit?

go check the Star threads

fucking crazed pedo kiddy shipper CENTRAL

>you are now imagining jafar as lord english
>you are now imagining iago as a "tiny" handmaid on his shoulder

eri

Dave coming to terms with parenthood

Problem Sleuth > Jailbreak > everything else Hussie made > Homestuck

This is not debatable.

Dave's initial apprehension giving way to unconditional love for his small puppychild
Dave full embracing his role as a dad and making sure his child has everything he never had

Yo will someone here describe my land land of fear and clockwork

>tfw Dave will never be your babydaddy

john e.

Classpectanon could, probably, but he doesn't seem to be around now. You could try another time or hit his ask box up on tumblr if worst comes to worst

>still shipping davejade
It's over, guys. Everything is over.

Enjoy your crossover pictures with Dave being the hero and Karkat being always the damsel in distress.

>implying dave wouldn't fully up and marry whichever Jade he pregnants

nah

>dave will never promise to be your babymommybaby
>tfw now you're caught in your lies

nah

do you want me to just give you a description or go through the whole shebang for you?
i live, after slogging my way through several land requests. the backlog never ends. for every one i fill, i get two more in my inbox. it is a thankless job.

And yet Homestuck>most other media, period

Kinda says something about Hussie.

Is there more than one Jade?

Okay, /hst/, here's your denizen choice:

>A: The epilogue comes out tommorow, all the ships you want become canon and you get all sorts of interactions between characters that we couldn't see

OR

>B: Hussie releases a book going in great detail about SBURB, classpects, skaia lore, etc. + Some Troll worldbuilding

which do you choose?

Whole shebang if that's fine with you

First
Hussie's not a worldbuilder and the comic is what matters most
Plus sinking davekat is the sweetest gift of all

>Homestuck>most other media, period
Are you literally brain damaged?

Where is C. THE BETA

B obviously

the real question is, which one is the martyr's path? :o

Option A
Guaranteeing the first one is more important than the second one, which could happen anyway

problem sleuth is one of the best things on the web and everyone should read it
i cannot think of one problem with it
it was a real work of heart by Hussie, and completely shows the kind of things Hussie himself finds funny and interesting. which are good things
Homestuck he got to financially invested with, post Act 6 Hussie just seems what he did was carefully written to not scare off larger parts (or maybe just the loud parts) of the fanbase

>Dave will never insist you take all those stupid baby-raising classes and make mixtapes for you to put on your stomach

>Dave/rose canon
>DS/jane canon
It's not even a choice tbhfam

A just so Davejade can be canon

Going with the A one.
Hussie would butcher up the second one, and I kind of want to see the ending not end on such a sour note.

A

A.

We can figure out some shit about Sburb anyway, and I prefer to leave some things open-ended due to preference (can you have duplicate classes/aspects, or no? Or if you have too many people, will Skaia begin spawning new ones? etc. etc.) .

In terms of the homestuck "Systems" i like hussie leaving it somewhat open ended, but the story itself, no way jose.

i'd rather get some hard answers about homestuck, so i'd pick B

fan content form here has so far been much better than what hussie was putting out by the end

A dream is a wish your heart makes~

None of the kids come off as big disney fans to me

also because i know there are going to be competing ships, so i'd prefer to have the tools for us to make our own sburb stories

They're all social outcasts who don't take things at face value, and probably don't even go to school

Tanglebuddies seems like it would be a disney cartoon for like their early morning block