So let me get this straight

So let me get this straight

>no James Venable for music
>only 10 episodes
>Jack is some kind of edgelord who lost his only weapon to defeat Aku
>blood
>no classic backgrounds
>its made by adult swim ergo it gets worse animation than the original

This is going to be a disaster, now I wish it has never existed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE
youtube.com/watch?v=o-eS_xZbgtc
adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html
chgreenblatt.tumblr.com/post/144354975537/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes because obviously music was THE most important aspect to this show. Clearly.

Why do people think like this?

Expect the worst, hope for the best user. At the very least it can't be any worse then the new PPG

>>no classic backgrounds
wat? was this a thing that was said? or are you just going off what we've seen from the tiny bit of promo material?

>Yes because obviously music was THE most important aspect to this show. Clearly.

Not siding with the troll but is dis nigga serious

youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE

>Jack is some kind of edgelord who lost his only weapon to defeat Aku
I'd also become an edgelord if I fucked up that badly

They said that they have to do everything digitally now because of the budget, so I guess its pretty clear whats going on.

It's just been said that they won't be handpainting them because of budget, and they'll be digitally drawing them instead. They're still going to make them look as close to the old backgrounds as possible, though.

Nah nigger, music is my favorite part thing about samurai jack

nigga, youd be amazed what you can do with some photoshop filters

Sauce on this info?

None!

digital paint can look identical to real paint, or better

>>
Yeah! It was the dialog!

Don't jinx it man

>tartakovsky's still invovled, along with at least one of the two art directors
it would take an insane turn of events to even remotely be as bad as nuPPG

10/10 post, op

eh, that track is alright I guess. the intro theme is the only thing really worth salvaging, everything else was kinda meh.

as long as it maintains atmospheric shots and good cinematic vibes I'll be stoked.

also jack not having the sword is fucked but i'm hooked now

Anyone who thinks Jack won't get the sword back during the series is very stupid.

>no classic backgrounds

That's a real shame, if true.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-eS_xZbgtc

Music is an important part of atmosphere.

only traditionalists dont, you can get arguably much better results much faster digitally

My question is HOW are there NO OTHER magical, legendary weapons in the world that could hurt Aku??? I mean for one, hes from the past and has been all over the world so Jack should probably have SOME knowledge of ancient, enchanted weapons. Secondly, he's in the future. Are you telling me in perhaps millions of years of Aku's tyranny there haven't been multiple groups of people who have spent their whole lives trying to forge weapons to defeat him? I don't buy it. Jack just needs to ask questions. If I were him I'd go and collect all of them. Then when I finally fight Aku, he can disarm me and do his stupid fucking laugh just to be shot in the face with a magic arrow before I smash him with my giant, magic hammer.

You know what else would be great? If at the climax of the last battle, Aku just pulls the same shit and opens a portal in time to the future? Maybe even the end of time? And then Jack knocks him into it. Then Aku can sit there bored, floating in empty blackness for the rest of his life. Karma, bitch.

Aku got his ass beat by the Elementals when he tried to steal that water diamond.

Scotsman's sword can.

Are you talking about when he was a woman? Because I'm pretty sure he was weaker in that form.

>sending Aku to the future
But then how is he supposed to get back?
back to the past
samurai jack
WATCHA

What? You thought Bastard Swim could produce anything good these days?

Samurai Jack wasn't that good....the only thing it had going for it was action and the action was not that good, even your most basic anime like DBZ had better action at the time.

That whole minimalist art style works for comedy based shows like PPG and Dexter, but when the only selling point for your show is action...it better be fucking visually interesting to LOOK at since all you're doing is looking. And the action itself wasn't that good

>Cue pointless zoom in shots of characters eyes ten times more than they needed to be shown, "shing shing" sword noises for a bit over minimal animation

>even your most basic anime like DBZ had better action at the time.
I know this is the westaboo board and all but don't act like DBZ fights weren't GOAT.

That's pretty much my point, DBZ was shit imo in every way OTHER than being visually stimulating, it succeeded there which was why we all watched it as prepubescent boys with violence boners

Samurai Jack had one selling point, action, and it failed to make the action stimulating

Can it? All we know is it was powerful enough to withstand Jack's sword but I thought it was more because it was pure and made to kill Aku was the reason. There's no real indicator the Runesword can touch Aku.

But just imagine Jack using both swords at once in the final battle with Aku.

>Only thing it had going for it was the action
Really? Not the atmosphere? Or the art? Or the alien landscapes? Or even the dialogue and music?

As someone who loves the show, the action was usually the weakest part of an episode.

Those things are all purely aesthetic, they mean nothing on a product that is mediocre. Someone could make you a replica of your dream restaurant, food looks great...inviting music...perfect decor and comfortable seating, but when you bite into your meal it's still just a hunk of plastic.

Nah, he just couldn't defeat them.

The problem with Aku is that he can't be hurt by anything but Jack's sword, which was forged with the help of Vishnu, Thor and Ra.

It's a visual medium. All those things directly contribute to the quality of the product

>no japanese gods
You know for all the japanese aesthetic influences they were severely lacking with the mythology

Cock fighter song was pretty based imo

Because the problem is more likely that you can beat Aku back, but Jack's sword was the only thing made to kill him. If other magic stuff can only hurt him to a point, then he'll just keep coming back every time. Jack's sword allows him to deal damage with the possibility of taking him down for good

How dense are you, motherfucker?

Samurai Jack had little to no dialogue most of the time. It was entirely dependent on the music for atmosphere.

dude

cartoons are 100% digital now

all of them

So, this is a monkey paw, isn't it?

no because we aren't making a wish on this potentially amazing potentially garbage show

There was only one jack

>violence boners
>Not Autism Boners

Which is more powerful

We all wished that SJ came back. And now it is, and it is not what we wanted.

>My question is HOW are there NO OTHER magical, legendary weapons in the world that could hurt Aku???

Aku had a thousand years to find them all. There probably are none of those in the world... escept for the one that travelled to the future with Jack, which might be unique in any case.

>and it is not what we wanted.
Why don't you wait until we've actually seen it to say this?

Be realistic. When has it ever turned out to be 'not as bad as we feared'?

you're on Sup Forums. everything is shit even before it's out

I have faith in Genndy, especially since he now has the opportunity to deliver something closer to his original artistic vision. Taking limits away from a creator isn't always for the best, but in the case of Samurai Jack, I think it was definitely held back by its original restrictions.

>And now it is, and it is not what we wanted.

Yes it is. Are you a faggot or you have brain demage?

it helps to view pessimism as a defensive measure; people don't WANT to think like this, but they've been hurt before.

Neither. I am just naturally pessimistic about this.

I hope you're right...

10 episodes is the perfect lenght, so its not draged down and Genndy can put his best ideas there. Also it means tgat the budge go for the animation.

We don't need scenary painted by hand, it is being done by the same guy that made the ones on Symbionic Titan. Pic related.

Also, first evidence that we have about the new show was a storyboard that was comedic about Aku. Its obvious that it will have jokes, but calling SJ "edgelord" is a little idiotic.

Forgot the pic.

wouldn't really say that. He actually made ripping robots apart pretty awesome and hyperviolent without looking too off putting

Sword being gone does suck, though. I assume he gets it back later, how else is he going to beat Aku? Magic gun? Run him over with his motorcycle?

The elements managed to kick his ass in that water jewel episode

I truly miss the times where having blood or gore wasn't qualified as edgy. Now every time there is a slight trance of blood there is some retard shouting "OW THE EDGE IS CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIINNNN!!!".
You know edgy should be considered over the top violence and gore without reason. Samurai Jack always had a serious tone everytime a robot was murdered and oil went everywhere without having to be edgy. They'll get it right. Besides having to fight for 50 years without any good results would turn someone very angry.
Also, congrats op I took the bait and made me mad, I'm your fucking faggot now.

Edgy isn't even just violence without purpose, it's more like being dark for the sake of coming off as "mature." A textbook modern example of terrible edgeshit is Akame ga Kill. It tries so hard to be cool and glorifies its dark nature so much, it's puerile.

I also heard Genndy will not actually direct the new season because of Hotel Transylvania 3, he will only cover the role of producer. Yeah, the risk seems pretty darn high.

I don't believe you. Sauce.

Hotel Translyvania won't be coming any time soon
There is going to be a TV show, but a movie would be 3 years away by now
Besides, Samurai Jack is already in production now, coming out sometime later this year

Annecy Film Festival

He does have a gun for the time being

Oh well, there it is.

Japanese mythology doesn't make sense unless you're Japanese yourself.

Are you retarded?

>implying egyptian does

genndy has literally never made a bad show

what are you idiots whining about

What else are they gonna do?
Hype?

adultswim.com/misc/time-rift-secrets/samurai-jack.html

It looks like it'll be the same show to me.

The guy who made the original soundtrack not being there is literally the only reason to worry about anything. The only real worry is how they might handle the episodes, as in they don't focus on telling the story by progressing instead of by dialogue.

Quit being autistic, it's simple to copy someone's style of music by the way.

What the actual fuck

SAME SHOW?

That was Odin, you plebe.

sorry I'm being a huge faggot, but whre does it show that he lost his sword?

SAME SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

do literally anything else

this nerd predilection of getting excited over things they have literally no control over and furiously masturbating is ridiculous

Why can't it just pick up where the old show left off? Was anyone wanting a dark and gritty reboot?

Samurai Jack was inherently episodic in structure. Any 'picking up' would require an entire season, and that's not viable from a production standpoint. Thus, this is a conclusion, not a bunch of vignettes in the same style, that also allows for more stories to be told earlier in the timeline if the opportunity arises.

>Was anyone wanting a dark and gritty reboot of a show that was already super violent and had a dystopian setting?

>music can be emulated by others or rehashed
>lucky you're getting 10, could be zero
>oh no something interesting that changed the status quo happened+buzzword
>not wanting TV-MA
>digitally drawn backgrounds using the same software they use to animate
Oh what a tragedy
>still made by Genndy and the original team

Who looks at an opportunity like this and immediately slings shit? Get fucked faggot.

Is it TV-MA?

It's not a reboot, you stupid piece of shit. It's literally wrapping up the story.

>nobody cares that this is one of the first fucking examples of a serious animated action show in recent memory

To hold onto the hope that they might be pleasantly surprised.

Do you think they will still have references to other shows, even with the darker tone?

>nobody cares that this is one of the first fucking examples of a serious animated action show in recent memory

Where the fuck does the sword thing come from?

Nah, not all cartoons are digital although if it isn't all digital, it's either stop motion or the only traditional things of the toon are the drawings themselves which are then scaneed in and digitally painted over with. An example of the latter method is Harvey Beaks even if most of the storyboards and animatics are entirely digital.
chgreenblatt.tumblr.com/post/144354975537/

But user we have constant Steven Universe threads.

Annecy. He no longer has his sword and uses a motorcycle and gun now.

>in recent memory
that's like saying Gumball is the first example of a cartoon with animal protagonists in recent memory
ie
it means nothing

Voltron and Star Wars Rebels exist.

I told ya, but you didn't listen.

>CG
eat dong