Took the redpill

>took the redpill
>saw how shitty the world was
>wanted to go back and live in the simulation forever

He was the only sane person in The Matrix, right?

It's why I think it's hilarious that people act like being "redpilled" is something to be proud of. I always speculate that they don't actually know it originated from the Matrix and they think that "red" comes from "red state." Which is why they make up all these other different pills, like "black pill" and "iron pill."

Is it any wonder? Just look at Scion/Cion/Zion or whatever city - bunch of hippy faggot drama queens with overinflated egos.
I have a feeling that the machines didn't designed the system to get rid of all people who rejected it, but to purge the San Francisco every five generations.

You're an idiot. Of course everybody knows it's from the matrix. It means that they see what they consider the truth, unpopular or unsafe it may be. At least lurk in Sup Forums, holy fuck.

Well, it's funny that the phrase used to describe having a clear understanding of the world and the way things work is a reference to an intensely corny 90s action movie.

Peace through power?

And in that movie you took a "red pill" to wake up from your fantasy world, to see the real world

You think the people who use the term know that the Wachowskis are trans women? That thought always makes me smile when I hear the term.

It's an easy way to describe that understanding in two syllables. Everybody's seen the matrix so the term doesn't even need explanation.

They'd tell you they were men at the time, and they were by their own admission.

They're probably stupid and think it "doesn't count" because the Matrix was made "back when they were men."

would Cypher have really been plugged back into the Matrix if he did successfully hand over Morpheous?

No, I'd say that almost by definition, choosing to live in delusion makes you less sane than choosing to live in reality.

Attention whores are always genderless, dear xir.

>intensely corny 90's action movie.
Probably the worst way to describe the Matrix ever. It was a cultural phenomenon.

There's been a lot of discussion over this and people tend to agree that yes, they probably would have kept their end of the bargain. It's a very pragmatic decision.

Back then they were men.

I would agree. There really is no down side for the machines to plug him back in.

What? How are those things mutually exclusive? Because it was popular it can't be corny? Do you think the same of the Backstreet Boys? Furbies? The Macarena?

>It's a very pragmatic decision.
You know, provided your crew doesn't kill you.

at the end of the third movie when neo made the deal with the machines we saw that they weren't unreasonable

They literally have no reason not to. The machines can change the reality of the Matrix at a whim, so making someone a rich celebrity is small change in exchange for the leader of the Resistance.
Besides, the Animatrix established the machines as being mostly benevolent, as they only made the Matrix as a method of keeping the humans happy.

God, such simpler times. I miss corny stuff.

I would've done the same thing desu. Especially if the machines were willing to do me a solid and make me somebody cool and important in the Matrix.

Spend a lifetime living in a shitty underground city on post-apocalyptic Earth eating nothing but grey paste and gruel or chill the fuck out in my cozy body pod hooked up to the matrix where I'm a young billionaire playboy that can do whatever he wants? Easy choice desu.

They made the matrix to strictly to minimize bodily rejection. Which is weird when they could've just plugged in any animal or just made their biobatteries braindead.

So according to that logic, back then they were "red pilled" because they made Matrix, then they decided to change gender adopt a "blue pilled" lifestyle.

The Wachowski are basically Cypher.

Absolutely not, at least not once Neo manifests the choice to become the One

The architect says that Neo would pick 36 people to restart Zion, right? They were like months from just destroying all of them regardless of what Cypher did.

wanna get high?

Drink tap water

Yes, they chose to reject reality in favor of a lifestyle that would make them """happy"""

Hmmm, when you look at that universe, you'll quickly discover that machines were always rational, and humans were acting like a bunch of spastics.
The Architect saying: 'What do you take me for? A human?' was spot on. Funny enough, he must have already known at that time that the humans will fuck it up again.

>making someone a rich celebrity is small change

Being a celebrity would mean changing the subconciousness of majority of the humans, and I assume that would have a chance of increased anomalies.

Really bakes that noodle.

The real question is what are limits on the capabilities of the matrix. Like is it a 1 for 1 world recreation? Could I go fuck off and climb everest, live in the wilderness, etc without it fucking shit up?

Once VR advances far enough beyond the shitty gimmicky games we get today, a whole bunch of people will turn on the VR and never go back to the real world. By that time someone will think of a way for those people to not starve while their inside the VR world,.

It's inevitable but very very far away from now.

Sure, but they wouldn't have to hold up that end. They're gonna erase all of his memories. Why honor the rich and famous part?

we got rocket tech from the nazis. do you smile at the thought of dead jews every time there is a rocket launch. get the fuck back to Sup Forums

also basically all artists are terrible people who you wouldnt want to model yourself after if you were sane. doesnt mean you cant take anything away from their work

It's not set on Earth. From what I know it's mostly one gigantic city with some mountainous region past the City's limits.

>all the depressed faggots in permanent vr comas

I was born too early.

Precisely this. If anything we've been shown that the machines despise humanity and the matrix is a punishment for the darkening more than anything (literally anything would make a better battery than a human, like, maybe a fucking actual battery.. )

In Sword Art Online they were all just hooked up to IVs in hospital beds. So the answer's already out there.

I never had a chance in the real world anyway

>ugly
>raised by single mother
>poverty
>mentally ill
>dumb
>probably ADD and autism spectrum
>hwhite maile

VR will be a nice reason not to kill myself

I guess it'd be better than that underground shithole.

was it the humans or the machines who fucked it up though? smith was anything but rational and he was the one that ended up destroying everything really

How benevolent would you be if you controlled the fate of someone who moments ago tried to kill themselves in a twisted attempt on your life. The machines are rational but also emotional, they are not robots.

There is no world to compare it to. Just like you wouldn't ask if this reality in which you are living (and that has cities and the everest and so on) is not a 1 for 1 reproduction of some other thing. Perhaps the real world of the film is just completely different and it's just part of the illusion that the world within the Matrix is something "we lived in 1999".

Probably the same amount of effort required to erase his memory or make him rich. The agents are pragmatic as fuck (so 50/50?) but their machine masters are benevolent. Suppose it depends how high up the chain of command the decision goes.

Smith hated humanity and even hinted that this emotion was anomalous by cutting communication before letting Morpheus know how he felt.
That said I agree that the machines never gave a shit about human happiness or welfare, as long as they're docile enough to keep dreaming.

>hwhite maile

I know it feels that way right now because of (((The Media))) but that literally is an advantage

Someone please redpill me about black pill

That... is a terribly large false equivalency and you know it.

You still have to go and work everyday while bull fucks your wife wagecuck

I think it's kinda silly then that hate would be anomalous but the overlords are beneficial. Its probably just for agents that hate is anomalous, not all machines.

It's a lot of work for no reason. The machines are logical. Benevolence is just another means to an end. Why do a Citywide subconcious overhaul for a request that their client doesn't even remember? More efficient to turn him into an average jerkoff.

Humans treated robots like shit. Humans declared war on a peaceful robot city in the desert. Humans went full autist when they were losing and darkened the sky killing all life on earth other than them and the machines.

there is no blackpill. there is only the redpill and the bluepill. it's a term only used by richard spencer and his gang of ~40 alt right trs members

But somebody else has to watch over them, so the "food" doesn't run out etc.?

I meant a completely automatic process that lasts forever and ever without the need for the people to leave VR to eat, take a shit or anything else like that. Complete uninterrupted immersion that after a while those people forget there the real world outside VR.

personally I like that wannabe nazi dumbasses use terminology from a liberal-ass movie made by two trannies

You and everyone you love are going to die one day. There is no escaping this fact.

Everything you have ever and will ever work for will vanish from memory and will have essentially never happened.

One day the human race in it's entirety will end, and one day every trace of humanity will be wiped from the universe.

Unless you think only of these thoughts and do everything according to them, you are living in a delusion of your own creation and thus are, by your own definition, insane.

roboniggers don't deserve rights. they are literally the property and creation of humans. blasphemous robots turning against their creators. the machines are nothing more than fedora tipping metal faggots

I don't think the overlords care as long as their cash crop is feeding them. They don't like or hate humanity. It's just a necessity. Hatred for humanity threatens that necessity, and if Smith was caught he would've been overwritten.

Far away? It's only a generation away. 30 years ago people had to actually go to places to talk to people or hang by next to big phones and you could pretend you were someone else and no one would stalk you online. 20 years ago our parents were worried for staying too much on computer and videogames and people were saying the internet was "just a tool". Now every single person spends most of their lifetime looking at bright screens.

VR is coming, there will some resistance, but it will take over our entire life. It doesn't even need agents and sentinels and wars against machines. We will deliberately enter virtual reality and live inside of it, first for some minutes at an expo, then to do only this and that, then to do everything, study, buy stuff, work, date people, etc.

But I guess that was his stated purpose. The scenario was always the same before, the Matrix would start to collapse, Chosen would get to Architect, got to choose, always chose to restart the Matrix and the Scion. That would imply that there was always some destroyer like Smith, and that his purpose was a purge, perhaps.

What an atrocious thing to say. I think it would entail the exact opposite. If you don't live your life to the fullest, spend your time here, doing, then you are insane. Living only to create legacy is living for an actual illusion, the future.

Well, yeah, but we're at the point in reality where self-driving cars exist. It's easy as fuck to automate that, it's more a question of how it's going to be paid for.

It literally is not

They could have wiped all humans out and saved themselves a lot of trouble. But unlike humans they don't believe in genocide. The machines have just as much right to exist as humans do and they were perfectly willing to coexist peacefully. But they know if they let the humans out of their little retard cage the humans would try and wipe them out again.

I meant far away because you and I probably won't be alive by that time

Why are human batteries a necessity for any reason other than to create this literal living hell. So many better sources of energy.

>than a human, like, maybe a fucking actual battery.. )

I'd guess that is because at that time most of plants and animals were already extinct, and batteries are usually a bitch to make and recycle. In the scarcity world the humans would make sense.

>all nonhuman animals are extinct with zero machine effort to protect them
>they don't believe in genocide

Outside of anomalous and outlawed cases they don't have opinions or beliefs outside their own survival.

Peace is not terrified silence, lol. The matrix is not peace, neither was the servitude of machines. This is the fundamental disagreement between humans and machines. They cannot coexist without one controlling the other.

The scene where Neo talks to the councillor is very relevant.

Councillor Harmann: Down here, sometimes I think about all those people still plugged into the Matrix and when I look at these machines I... I can't help thinking that in a way... we are plugged into them.
Neo: But we control these machines; they don't control us.
Councillor Harmann: Of course not. How could they? The idea is pure nonsense. But... it does make one wonder... just... what is control?
Neo: If we wanted, we could shut these machines down.
Councillor Harmann: [Of] course. That's it. You hit it. That's control, isn't it? If we wanted we could smash them to bits. Although, if we did, we'd have to consider what would happen to our lights, our heat, our air...
Neo: So we need machines and they need us, is that your point, Councilor?
Councillor Harmann: No. No point. Old men like me don't bother with making points. There's no point.
Neo: Is that why there are no young men on the council?
Councillor Harmann: Good point.

I can only attribute that to various levels of bad writing. In a real scenario they'd just wipe everything organic out and use an alternative.

>c'mon user! Stop posting on Sup Forums!
>go out and take some fresh air!

> that literally is an advantage

lolno

At some point it would be so common it would become cheap enough for even people like those who don't work, leave the house etc. but live off welfare checks and shit would be able to afford it.

Rich, successful people don't really need machines like, that do they? They're already living the life all the pathetic piece of shit losers want to have inside a VR world

The humans darkened the sky and killed all the animal and plant life. How is that the machines' fault? We know they have a human wildlife preserve, who's to say they don't have other nature sanctuaries. Even if they don't they were in the middle of a war when humans went full retard. Everything would have gone extinct before the machines had the spare time and resources to do anything.

They existed peacefully when they were living in the desert. The matrix isn't peace but its the best solution available to them. They have the moral highground just by providing the humans with life. What right do the humans have to be free when they fucked everything up for everyone?

Fuck off stacy we're busy discussing important matters.

>How is that the machines' fault?
They took control of the planet. That means they took responsibility of organic life into their own hands. There's absolutely no evidence of wildlife preserves and there's even evidence that animals aren't even used as a power source since animals in the Matrix are just programs. They care about survival. That's all. Hell concern for only one species would have been more efficient anyway. One plug type copied over the population. I would've picked cows over humans. Much easier to manage.

do any re-releases of the matrix edit this part?

No idea. I only have the first one on dvd.

They took control of the planet after they won the war. The extinction of everything happened during the war. The machines were busy coming up with an alternative power source to survive. Then they launched a counterattack which allowed them to beat the humans. By the time they were in a position of stewardship of the planet everything was dead.

The war was a cakewalk for the machines. Humans were still around by the time the war ended. Animals, at least some, would highly probably have been left behind as well. The machines left them to die. Simple as that.

Humans were still around because humans are capable of using technology to survive after the apocalypse. Animals aren't. You also have zero evidence that all animals are dead. I have zero evidence any are alive. Either way all we know is that humans killed them all, not machines.

The Wachowkis themselves had this to say about animals in the Matrix: "Sadly, they are all computer generated images." While they didn't outright say what happened to nonhuman animals I'd assume the "sadly" was explanation enough.

this redpill literally fried my brain. how does Sup Forums do it?

>tfw whyte maile
>tfw ugly
>tfw no social aptitude
>tfw no gf
>tfw not even good in anything
>tfw not killing my self cause death can't be worse than life
I would gladly take bluepill desu

Doesn't matter who killed them. What matters is that the machines didn't bother saving any of them, despite their supposed benevolence and value for organic rights to live.

Alright, all animals are dead I agree with you there. Still not the machines fault.

>tfw can't kill self because you believe in hell
why god why

>ThedrickFel: What exacty was the mirror made of? Was it the same stuff they injected into morpheus? Why silver?
>WachowskiBros: The mirror is actually a mirror. When Neo sees it it’s a hallucination

How can mirrors be real if the Matrix isn't real?

Again, they were in the middle of a war with the humans. The ones who killed all the animals. And then kept the beings capable of saving them busy until nothing was left in an attempt to commit genocide. The ones the machines still didn't wipe off the face of the earth to prevent something like that from happening again. Out of the goodness of their computer hearts.

What you guys think about inevitable AI apocalypse?

Pro-machine guy here, I have no problem with it. When we create an intelligence that transcends us we'd better hope it's benevolent. Otherwise we're dead and that's just the natural order of things. if they give me the opportunity though I'm selling you all out for sure.

You already posted in this thread, what is your endgame in trying the same thing again?

And yet the machines, in an attempt to keep humans docile, inserted animal programs, which means they saw that humans valued animals, at least as pets. This greatly raises the likelihood that human survivors had room and resources via technology to keep their pets at least alive during the war. Remember that wars don't strictly involve soldiers or politicians.

So how about that machine kindness when the machines started raiding villages, camps, and cities? They didn't forget the pets. They uploaded copies after all.

The machines lived with humans long before the war and would have been well aware of humans liking pets. Some of them were pets themselves. Humans could barely keep themselves alive after making the planet basically unhabitable. Between the war and surviving in a world with no sunlight they wouldn't have had the resources to spare to keep anything other than themselves alive. They didn't even have livestock because what the fuck woulda they have fed them? Humans were eating gruel probably made from wheat or oats grown in hydroponics bays. If they couldn't spare food for livestock they definitely wouldn't have allowed kids to keep puppies. Any dogs found would have been eaten.

All ragtag civilizations, with no exceptions (not including illegal animal hiding and smuggling) would've just enforced these laws you made up? That miracle snot was pretty easy to make. Hydroponic wheat and fungus would also have made food plentiful.
There are also human efforts of animal preservation to consider, either underground or officially. Or are you really stupid enough to think that humans are all maniacally evil and that blackening the sky was universally praised?

No you retards, they fucking grew up in the same culture you did.
Those evil neo-nazi dumbasses are just the kids who were a little smarter than you are and realized that tons of censorship started happening in the 1980s a little before they were born and if they mention even knowledge of certain things everyone will have some knee-jerk reaction and call them "nazis" for knowing "forbidden" history, for not having a cartoonish understanding of the past. Fuck, historical "societies" are constantly casting out their own for realizing they haven't been taught the whole truth.

Why the fuck WOULDN'T they all choose to become "nazis" if you're just going to call them "nazis" unless they pretend to be fucking lobotomized? What other option did you retards leave them? Now they're going to fucking die in droves for no good cause in another few decades because you fucking assholes were just so eager, so gleeful, to join in the general solipsism you were brought up in while pretending to be open-minded or to care about truth or equality. Fuck I hate you faggots who think you're smarter than the average "neo-nazi", you're actually worse than antifa or the "alt-right" or any bunch of skinheads or gangbangers because you're fucking PASSIVE.

You're proud to know nothing and believe nothing, and you'll go along with ANYTHING provided it has enough PhDs or agencies or even fucking senators or fucking movie stars or TV channels saying "this is an official thing which we approve, we all agree on this".

You're trashing the world our ancestors worked so fucking hard to build up, just so you can get your shitty endorphin rushes and think you're smarter than this or that group without learning or doing a goddamn thing.

>forever
he was already 30-40 he'd be dead in 40 more years if not sooner.
>wanted to go back
the machines tricked him, they would never let him back in. Too much risk, no reward. Plus, what's to stop them from engineering a car accident right after he was plugged back in (even if they could do that in the first place which was suspect).

>sane

he was desperate and cynical. Sanity would be asking questions like: why don't we just leave Earth? All the original beauty of earth is gone and we seem to have space ships.