Sup Forums says movie is bad

>Sup Forums says movie is bad
>watch it anyway
>it's actually pretty good

Come on lads, why do you hate this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pC_XT-HdBvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was alright. I wish the characters had been more likable though.

it's a great movie except for David
that guy was fucking terrible

Reddit hates this because reddit has a huge boner for le original and le practical effects. Of course reddit is ignorant of the fact that this film was made with 90% practical effects (the most notable non-practical effect was the fire at the beginning), but you can't reason with a bunch of meme-loving faggots.

>it's actually pretty good
it's shit and if you prefer it to the original it means you have shit taste

Why is Jane Levy so perfect, bros? She should be the new queen of horror, she was fantastic in this and Don't Breathe.

Because you didn't get to see Jane Levy's itty bitties as she was tree-raped.

Typical reddit.

Nobody is saying this is anything like the original two films. However, to deny that this is a pretty solid movie, and that as remake/reboot it is a nice addition to the series, makes you a faggot.

Remove all those memes out of your ass and try to watch the film again.

1) evil dead 2
2) evil dead 2013
*power gap*
3) the evil dead
4) ash vs evil dead
>9001) army of darkness

it's literally just the generic version of a once innovative and original film

These fags. The Walter Sobchacks of Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums hates one of the last horror movies to be almost exclusively made with practical effects

not enough CGI ghosts for the Sup Forums crowd on this board huh?

Mystica series was pretty awesome

>A remake of a good movie that ended up being at least serviceable
>A remake where the creators of the old movie gave a new director a platform to begin his career, and is a promising filmmaker
>70 million gallons of fake blood

It's a great movie, its my least favorite Evil Dead flick but I love 'em all.

it's the clearest proof that a horror flick needs more than practical effects. Just accept that if you like evil dead 2013, you have shit taste and know nothing about horror.

what are your top horror films from the last 7 years user?

That's completely fucking wrong.

>1. evil dead 2
>2. AoD
>3. evil dead 1
*power gap*
>4. 2013
>dogshit
>9000000001. rëddit vs evil dead

reverse ED2 and AoD and it would be spot on, according to the majority of fans of the series (myself included).

As as stand alone horror movie, not a "reboot" or whatever, it's great. I love the cinematography.

This. Never fucking mind that Raimi produced it either.

this a reddit containment board. follow its advice at your own risk

AoD is great, but I feel ED2 worked on a few more levels.

Evil Dead 2 is definitely superior

It just has that perfect synergy between Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi with his camera movement

youtube.com/watch?v=pC_XT-HdBvE

I liked it too. I'm hoping they continue to try and make a sequel to it. I like the show too, but id still rather see a more direct sequel to this movie and have her team up with ash or something.

maybe even change the tone somehow to it, since all the other movies were very different from each other. Or keep it the same, either way id still like to see a follow up

I probably wouldnt even mind if it led to a Ash vs freddy and jason sequel/reboot eventually

I just preferred ED2 because i prefer the horror cabin in the woods atmosphere over the medieval times period. But i still did like AoD though

What movies has Sup Forums memed you into watching only to turn out terrible?

1. Green Room
2. Only God Forgives
3. The Autopsy of Jane Doe

BvS. The critics were right.

Wow what a demon. Thanks for future fap material

Jane Levy is what sold the movie. That image alone sells me on pure fucking terror more than anything in the last 6 years. The scene in the trailer where she says "There was something out there, and it's in here, with us...now." was perfect. Extremely spooky delivery.

I just watched Green Room today.
I somehow confused the title with Green Inferno so i was expecting a crazier gorier movie.

Agree. It's pretty good remake, user. Like "I Spit On Your Grave", I definitely am able to catch the vide that say "We are going to beat the original".

More like it's universally hated.

this is one shitty ranking even as an Evil Dead 2 fag

It's excellent. Only Evil Dead flick I love.

It's one of the better remakes ever, especially in recent years.
Pic related was great and I also liked the few shots taken directly from the original which served as a nice homage.

I don't even like the original. Army of Darkness > Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead > The Evil Dead

ED 1 > TED > ED2 > AoD

Basically this. If you take it in a vacuum without comparing it to the films it's being an homage to, then it's a decent enough movie.