/CAL/ - California General

/CAL/ - California General
Lets discuss why California is so great

Welcome: Californians, migrants, and anyone whom seeks peace with the California Republic

Not welcome: Angry flyovers

Other urls found in this thread:

injusticetoday.com/underage-teenager-faces-life-as-registered-sex-offender-for-having-sex-with-underage-girlfriend-55c377ea9729
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay_Area
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hi

I live in California
I like California

fresh off the boat from leddit and don't know what the subject field is for? Off to a great start, here.

>I like California

B-But Sup Forums said it's a bad place.

I hate Califórnia

anyone have the webm this is from?

sf
I live over there on the left (I think)

I can see the Golden Gate Bridge from my window :D

Marin? NOICE

mentioned :DDDD

>sf
>I live over there on the left (I think)

You live in SF, but you can't tell SF from the East Bay and Marin?
K sure

Calironia is pretty good. The high taxes suck though.

I'm thinking about joining UCLA for a short course...

tell me everything about ucla and LA pls

no, I live on East bay, I just can't tell whether or not my apartment would actually be in that image or more to the left off-image

>posts a pic of a girl you can't fuck because age of consent in california is 18

>says he lives in SF
>lives in East Bay

UCLA is in West Wood. Lot's of Jews and foreigners. It's also pretty close to the beach.

You can fuck her, but it's risky.

Who is this semen demon?

any advice for cheap housing near ucla?

No idea. Just remade this already used pic but added bigger flags.

I lost my virginity at 15 to a 15 year old girl
If I was caught, I could have been put on the sex offender registry

I tell people who do not live in the bay area that I live in SF

stop caring so much about literal semantics bud

If I was talking to someone from another country, I would say I am from California
If I was talking to someone from another state (or SoCal), I would say I am from SF
If I was talking to someone from SF, I would say I am from East Bay

>Cheap housing near UCLA

No such thing exists

Just say "the Bay" you brainlet

here

w-what about something not so near but cheap and with public transportation/subway?

They're looking for this one

More. Now.

yeah, i mean, you can't fuck her without shitting your pants for the rest of your life like it is in most US states and western countries lmao
this can only be a joke

>I tell people who do not live in the bay area that I live in SF
That's retarded, you don't live in SF. You aren't even on that side of the water (Daily City or similar).
Say "The Bay Area".

>stop caring so much about literal semantics bud
No. You said something stupid and you deserve to be made fun of it.

It's not
Teenagers can and have been put on sex offender registries for having sex with people their age
injusticetoday.com/underage-teenager-faces-life-as-registered-sex-offender-for-having-sex-with-underage-girlfriend-55c377ea9729

There is literally no such thing as cheap housing in Los Angeles. Especially not in the Western side of Los Angeles. The absolute cheapest rent I ever saw in Los Angeles was $1100 monthly for a studio in a lower income area. Average are in the $1600 to $2800 range for an apartment and around $900 to $1500 for a single room in a meh area.

Bizarre, what a joke of a country.

>Bizarre, what a joke of a country.
BRASIL

>joke
Stop right there, buster.
He deserved to be put on a registry.
He's a pervert!
Based Texas putting their foot down
I don't think anything like that has happened in California but everyone who had sex before the were "of age" in their state is technically just an unregistered sex offender

thanks user
I have to earn more money before living the californian dream

I'm from Baja California, do I count as Californian?

Just wait a few years for the housing bubble to burst. A big reason why rents are so expensive is Chinese real estate investors buying up rental properties and inflating the prices, but there are a lot of expensive units that are vacant because they're too stupid and greedy to lower prices. It'll burst soon.

Baja California is our little brother :3

I just count Mexicans as Californian if they've been here for 20+ years as they tend to just morph into stereotypical lower middle class psuedo liberals once they've been here long enough most of the time, even if they don't like to admit it.

t. Northeast LA

how often do you see famous people

>any advice for cheap housing near ucla?
your best bet is honestly just to start looking early and accept that you will likely need to have roommates / apartment-mates (depending on how cheap you need to go)

I've never lived down in LA but if it's anything like bay area prices be prepared for like $1100 - 1600 ish a month for a room

alright, if you want to be so specific, realize the bay area is a nickname for the SAN FRANCISCO bay area
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bay_Area
When talking to someone from Shaumberg, they would of course say they live in Chicago
I think many from the bay area, myself included, feel the same about SF
although people who live in south bay may feel differently...it's a far isn't it

pretty sure this is near don carlos tacos in la jolla

I often see Julio César Chávez an some football players from Xoloitzcuintles.

what is a pseudo liberal?

>alright, if you want to be so specific, realize the bay area is a nickname for the SAN FRANCISCO bay area
That doesn't mean you live in SAN FRANCISCO.

>When talking to someone from Shaumberg, they would of course say they live in Chicago
>I think many from the bay area, myself included, feel the same about SF
>although people who live in south bay may feel differently...it's a far isn't it
YOU DON'T LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO POORFAG DEAL WITH IT

Rarely. You have to either live in an area where a lot of famous people already live or work in the industry. I've seen Harrison Ford at the market and that tall woman whom dates Taylor Swift at the gas station but that's about it. Dad is an audio engineer and has met plenty of famous musicians though. I see wannabe famous instagram and youtube "celebrities" pretty often, but that's because anyone that's an 8/10 or above and moves here from a flyover state thinks they're going to make it big in Hollywood and classifies themselves as some sort of talent or artist.

Every time I go to the airport I see at least one famous person. I'm not obsessed with celebrities, so I'm sure there are many more that I don't notice.

This is not a complicated concept user
I have nothing more to say to you, I am sorry you are triggered about such little things

do you live in LA

>California ranked one of the worst states to make living

Ah yes

>do you live in LA
Yes. Long Beach to be exact.

Someone whom acts like a stereotypical liberal but pretends they're still conservative.

IE some old Mexican dude whom drives an old Ford Lobo and listens to corridos, is all into Mexican pride, claims to hate gay people and city folk yet goes to Starbucks, votes Democrat, works for a television studio as a set contractor and has an American born son whom is obviously gay but he's in denial over.

This is how about 90% of the Sinaloense migrants here act.

how much is that influence actually coming from living in california though?
mexicans around here dont care much for politics

t. PNW

fucking lol'd

Ah yes... Sinaloa, don't worry, we hate them too, they move to tijuana only to tell us how Sinaloa is better yet they stay here.

Everyone will know what you mean when you say Bay Area

are you latino american?
you seem to know a lot about mexico

hm there is a California qt I know with a large bum
would like to shag
california is ok in my book I guess

is california full of beautiful people, then?

Where I live is almost a full 50% Mexican 50% White Liberal split. The Mexicans that have been here for a long time and their American born kids slowly just start acting like the Whites overtime, IE becoming loud swagfag bro types or mildly vindictive uppity liberals.

>has an American born son whom is obviously gay but he's in denial over.
kek

>because anyone that's an 8/10 or above and moves here from a flyover state thinks they're going to make it big in Hollywood and classifies themselves as some sort of talent or artist.

This is so fucking true for the women it's hilarious.

Valentina Rose @valentiinarose

Kinda. Dads side lived in the San Gabriel valley back when this was still Mexico and my moms family moved here from Mexico in like 1880 though so I don't really know if that counts as Mexican. I've visited extended family in Edomex and Jalisco a few times though.

CA is like six different states in one...
Which California is best California?

Based Cali

They're kinda obnoxiously vapid and arrogant but they're the easiest fucking lays around though and they're usually pretty fucking cute. Too bad most turn into burn out cokeheads when shit doesn't work out for them.

california
is a shithole

>balkanizing based on two party system bullshit
that's retarded

Why are there so many fucking Australian migrants here and why are they so disproportionately attractive?

she's pretty fat

>jefferson
over my dead body

I'm in the Sacramento valley

West California or North California.

SV is cool in it's own right too.

>Why are there so many fucking Australian migrants here and why are they so disproportionately attractive?

Same reason every non 3 world migrant is disproportionately attractive there. They all think they will "make it" or "be discovered" in Walgreens or some shit lol.

The Euros here aren't usually like that I've met a lot of Germans, Brits and French here and they're usually involved and tech and design. Except for fucking Sw*des, they're completely like that, vapid narcissistic fuckwits. Love when they piss off natives and get their shit pushed in.

These divisions make no sense
I lived in oceanside before (fun fact - that guy who makes content cops lives there, forgot his name)
the time to LA proper and SD proper was exactly the same from there
SoCal is pretty much the whole LA / SD area which is all densely populated, if that military thing didn't exist north of SD they would just be one huge megacity like Vancouver / Portland or, idk, Seattle and Tacoma

The only division which makes sense is Jefferson, for their own sake
That's by far one of the best areas in CA
and it would be a truly beautiful state

I don't think it's based on party affiliation per se... I think it's just to show that the population is heterogeneous, so each having a state government that doesn't have to compromise among all the other groups.

I don't get the point of Jefferson desu. It would just be like Oregon-lite.

>The only division which makes sense is Jefferson, for their own sake
>That's by far one of the best areas in CA
>and it would be a truly beautiful state
Best state named for best president.
I like how former Oregon counties would be integrated in addition to the CA ones.
I've heard lots of opposition based merely on water rights, Colorado River. As if that hasn't always been a challenge.

>I don't get the point of Jefferson desu. It would just be like Oregon-lite.
The point is because it is already basically it's own state in every way except legally. The culture/politics of Jefferson are completely different than the rest of the state and we get fucked out of fair representation in the state senate, because of the population difference and insane gerrymandering that makes every fucking gas station in "LA" it's own county.

>I don't get the point of Jefferson desu. It would just be like Oregon-lite.
The division is almost entirely cultural - the area has everything which makes the PNW great, freed from the tax burden of CA

I suppose being integrated into Oregon would be pretty much the same effect

Leave it to an American to make a self-congratulatory thread, clueless as to how little the rest of the Sup Forums community cares.

>Das Fliegüber

It has Filipinos

it was supposed to be our year boys

Fucking Pharoh Cooper

>Die Rötstaater

this state has its troubles but good god i love the Golden State.
SoCal reporting, am thinking of making the move to bay area

it was like yu darvish all over again. what the fuck is up with LA teams and choking when it counts

>Der Drumpfländer

Retarded map.
Whoever made this knows nothing about California.

>Das Marktschärter

It was proposed simply to end California's influence and power. I don't think anybody here would actually want it since it would be implicitly understood we wouldn't be able to leverage jack shit on our own. Nevada and Arizona would love nothing more than for that to happen so they can take more of the Colorado river for themselves.

I approve of this, i can't handle California having bigger economy than Brazil.

it does? lmao brazil sucks

I was in LA[1] for two weeks and really liked it.

[1] Well, Glendale. But I liked that too.

Barev Dzez Glendale visitor. Are you Armenian?

Why did it save the thumbnail?