Why does Don Rosa hate DuckTales?

Why does Don Rosa hate DuckTales?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnY_U9fuDt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't that just an urban legend.
He doesn't mind it, he just thinks the source material was better.

NOT MUH BARKS

NOT MUH SCROOGE

Why does Launchpad crash so much?

I don't think he hates it so much as he's tired of people looking at his work and going "Hey look, it's DuckTales"

Imagine you're Alan Moore and folks keep telling you how much they love his movies.

What are Barks' thoughts on Rosa? I mean the guy build his whole career on just redoing Barks' work.

I don't know. What does a hollow skull sound like?

Damn and I thought I had a lot of Disney merch

Can't remember the whole deal but when Rosa got to meet Barks (invited to Barks' home?) he just specifically avoided talking about Ducks for his whole visit because that would've been too obvious to talk about or something.

Can't remember where I read it either.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnY_U9fuDt0

I believe it was that Rosa was a fine artist and writer, but took the material too seriously

I think it's this. When I saw him at a con he had a sign on his table saying " No, this is not Duck Tales"

I also know he's resentful of The Walt Disney Corporation, but just the American branch. He get's along fine with the European Disney people

I heard Barks disliked that Rosa treated his work as the definitive "canon," didn't view Life & Times as necessarily connected with his (as in, people shouldn't read it thinking it has Barks' approval of it as Scrooge's history), and even once said he wished Life & Times was never written because of the previous two reasons.

I think it's weird how Rosa is reacting to DuckTales, when he's basically doing the same thing to Barks.

I think that was just a rumor, apparently they met and had a good time

I don't think D.U.C.K would exist if they got on badly.
Seems likeliest that it's this.

bump

every time i see this i think it's larry david. every goddamn time.

Because it was a shitty cartoon putting meme characters and ruining original comics.

kinda this
he's gotten so fed up with people asking him about Duck Tales to the point where now he feels obligated to separate his Scrooge from DT Scrooge

English please

"You better take some of these! My own home-grown chilli peppers"

"Mfph!"